• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Koh,

How's things? Hope everything is fine with you and your family. Looks like the island development is coming along fine.

KOHJE

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Koh,

How's things? Hope everything is fine with you and your family. Looks like the island development is coming along fine.

I am good. Just came back from cycling.. There will be show house opening for Isola Grandeur sometime in this Oct. Hope to meet you there for buffet dinner again..

KOHJE

Alfrescian
Loyal
image.jpgView from Marina Sales Jetty

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
Great pics Kohje! Terima kasih.

Counted at least 6 boats in the marina...excluding the mata boat. All that's missing from the scene is a wine bar for sundowners! I'm sure that's akan datang when the retail segment materialises - I understand from the sales team that alfresco bars and cafes are planned :smile:

Praveen

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi guys, just wondering..for those already living in SC any mosquito problems? some of my friends living in some estates in jb need to close all windows and doors after 6 to avoid mosquitoes...

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi guys, just wondering..for those already living in SC any mosquito problems? some of my friends living in some estates in jb need to close all windows and doors after 6 to avoid mosquitoes...

The dengue strain in JB has higher fatality rate than SG's strain.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

that is normal practice for landed. install netting.

KOHJE

Alfrescian
Loyal

So far quite okay for me and I noticed most of my neighbor do not close door when I cycling around 8 to 9 PM almost every night.

Also , I noticed Estate Management will do fogging usually in evening ard 6 PM one or twice a week and more if residents complained.

Praveen

Alfrescian
Loyal
So far quite okay for me and I noticed most of my neighbor do not close door when I cycling around 8 to 9 PM almost every night.

Also , I noticed Estate Management will do fogging usually in evening ard 6 PM one or twice a week and more if residents complained.

Thanks Kohje! Sounds like you are having good fun cycling daily

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
is it the current value is from A2.0B to A7.5B now? :biggrin:

ang mo is the bestest!

SYDNEY, Aug 15:

Billionaire Lang Walker, founder of one of Australia’s largest closely held developers, said that home prices in Sydney and Melbourne have climbed too much, and he is turning his focus to his investment in Malaysia.

“Sydney is a little too hot at the moment,” Walker, executive chairman of Walker Corp, said in an interview in Singapore yesterday.

“Melbourne has gone through a period of intense growth and that’s plateaued off.” The residential market in Brisbane, in Queensland state, still has some potential, he said.

Dwelling prices in Sydney jumped 14.8% in July from a year earlier, the fastest growth among all Australian state and territory capitals, according to the RP Data-Rismark Home Value Index.

Melbourne prices rose 11%, the second-fastest increase, and Brisbane increased 6.9%.

Walker, with A$12 billion (RM35.46 billion) of planned property projects, said he is looking to increase investments in the Johor region in southern Malaysia after putting in about A$2 billion in the Senibong Cove project.

Walker is in talks for further investments in the city of Johor Baru as he bets that demand from neighbouring Singapore will increase.

Residents of Singapore, Southeast Asia’s richest city, are crossing over to Malaysia’s Iskandar region, as they seek property, labour and amenities, often at half the cost or less.

Economic growth and soaring immigration have strained Singapore’s resources, making it one of the most expensive places to live in the world.

With cheaper land plentiful in southern Malaysia, money is pouring across the border. Singapore has invested at least RM11 billion in Iskandar Malaysia, a special economic zone in southern Johor established in 2006 that’s three times the size of the city.

Walker is converting land, previously used for prawn-breeding farms, into swanky apartments. The project is expected to be valued at about A$7.5 billion along with an adjoining plot it will develop with a Singapore-based company, he said.

“It’s the leverage off Singapore,” Walker said. “Singapore is very expensive. We can create and produce a product which is similar to what you get here in Singapore or Australia.”

Walker Corp made its foray into Asia in 2008 with a RM5.5 billion investment to develop Senibong Cove, a waterfront residential project.

Walker is developing Australia’s largest commercial project, Collins Square in Melbourne’s central business district, valued at about A$2 billion he said.

In Australia, Walker jointly developed The Wharf at Woolloomooloo, a A$300 million project that involved the refurbishment of a 400m heritage wharf on the fringe of Sydney’s central business district. The development includes apartments, hotel, restaurants and a marina.

Read more: http://www.therakyatpost.com/busine...eveloper-shifts-focus-malaysia/#ixzz3ARGy7spX

Last edited: