• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Twin Galaxy community

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Twin Galaxy - end Nov 2014

TG was ard 340psf or 340K..:rolleyes::p
The tao kae had a bad record. High risk back in those days, i would say e safety net was bcoz of the property boom in jb.

Last edited:

Charlie258

Alfrescian
Loyal

I was pondering about the same question when TG is launched....

Come to think of it; it is their first project hence they can focus totally on it. Look at the way they out grow SKY88; sure look like the focus work.

SP Setia have lot of projects; and human resource management may be a horror. SP Setia may pull staffs from one project to help in other project and delay the completion even though they can finish earlier.

TG developer only need to focus on finishing the project as soon as possible to avoid penalty.

Hence I must agree I am wrong to doubt their abilit.

Always better to buy Brand-Name like Setia; in Singapore, CDL, Capitaland. This will lower the chances of buying into a "Time Bomb" building. I have seen some Condo's, not even Malaysia, but indeed Singapore ones, every pipe burst after 10 years. It seems, the small-time Developer is not experienced enough to pick the right supplier of pipes; end up with all defective pipes for the whole darn Condo.

It's not like buying a Lemon Car. A car, you can just walk away. A bad house, it literally hits you "where you live."

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That is why I suggest selling Malaysia condos upon TOP. (don't even bother to rent out.)

TG look ready by late 2015/early 2016.

CDL may be branded; but the condos I bought from them is falling apart. The project is call "The Sail @ Marina Bay".
Anyway I sold all my units in 2012; hence now the problem is no longer mine.
http://www.cdl.com.sg/thesail/

Always better to buy Brand-Name like Setia; in Singapore, CDL, Capitaland. This will lower the chances of buying into a "Time Bomb" building. I have seen some Condo's, not even Malaysia, but indeed Singapore ones, every pipe burst after 10 years. It seems, the small-time Developer is not experienced enough to pick the right supplier of pipes; end up with all defective pipes for the whole darn Condo.

It's not like buying a Lemon Car. A car, you can just walk away. A bad house, it literally hits you "where you live."

Kksg2000

Alfrescian
Loyal

TG was ard 340psf or 340K..:rolleyes::p
The tao kae had a bad record. High risk back in those days, i would say e safety net was bcoz of the property boom in jb.

Can u share what bad recotd does the boss has? Tks

Kksg2000

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi can anyone share what bad records TG boss has? I am about to sign the s and p. Tks

Matahari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hotel Selesa / AmBank building was sold this year (trying to find out who are the real buyers), Setia 88, Twin Galaxy, Pinnacle Tower, Hotel New York, City Plaza etc changing the landscape of one of the so called highly criminalised area (for now).

Perhaps we can learn from "secret" way of how Singapore Government of transforming Geylang, the "red light" district.
If I had bought at $300+ psf a few years ago (disregarding the "red light" taboo but enjoying steady rental income all this while), i would be a very rich man by now.
Look at all new developments in Geylang. There will be more homeowners and even sleazy tenants residing in the same area.
As the real homeowners start to act to protect their home/investments, the area will turn less "red" as time passes.

For me, I would play the safe bet ie. buying into established area where even locals patronise. But that's me.

For others who placed their bets in other parts of Iskandar/Johor, some may called that crazy albeit the prices may be lower now. But these investors may be laughing all the way to the Bank or crying a few years later.

There will be risks in all investments.

UsernameX

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia market super weak now compared to the prev year crazy bull run. Signs of weakening but still NO price crash. All the naysayer will get it right eventually, the question is when, a broken clock is right twice a day......

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you talk to sales people in the various developments, indeed buyers are not so on as in the past booming years. However, new launches are still getting buyers even when prices are sky high and in tandem with resale prices. And many of these buyers are rich locals who finally realize they had to put their money into Iskandar properties.

The singaporeans are not the real buyers now as many Sporeans have become so much poorer in Singapore due to poor economy here

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you talk to sales people in the various developments, indeed buyers are not so on as in the past booming years. However, new launches are still getting buyers even when prices are sky high and in tandem with resale prices. And many of these buyers are rich locals who finally realize they had to put their money into Iskandar properties.

The singaporeans are not the real buyers now as many Sporeans have become so much poorer in Singapore due to poor economy here

One rich investor once said told me that when currency "depreciates", whether due to high inflation or other factors, you will want to "convert" it to something "real" to hedge. "Real" property is often considered. The consideration may not be focused on short term rental yield, but capital "gain". Over the long term after you sell it off, while you may have gotten more than you put it, the real ROI may not be as high as one thinks, but you may not be totally disappointed as the original objective was hedging.

Matahari

Alfrescian
Loyal
When the currency weakens, just as what the Russians are doing with their roubles, or just as what we did with the banana monies that the Japanese Imperial Army paid us, we quickly convert the paper monies to REAL goods and services.

Of course, the companies such as Renaults, Apples etc are also not stupid. They politely tell that their sales website is "temporarily down" for upgrading to serve you better or the booking for certain car models has stopped due to production issues.

Hedging your position, you must.

Matahari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi dear friends,

Happy New Year to you.
We are at 31st floor of a 35-floor development!!
20150114a.jpg

Matahari

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Kksg2000,

VP?

Based on my visit to site in Dec last, I was informed by staff that
expected completion date (surprisingly for me) - 3rd/4th quarter 2015.