• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Just sharing.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Because the disease of self-interest is so difficult to recognize, it might be helpful to focus on examples of ordinary things done or said by decent people which are, nevertheless, indicative of the ease with which we slip into self-interest.

A man whose mother died just as he was due to go on holiday and was therefore obliged to stay at home until the funeral was over said to the minister who tried to comfort him: "I will miss my mother greatly ... but I've lost nearly half my holiday." In the weeks prior to my wife's death, a man came up to me and said: "How is your wife?" Before I had time to reply, he launched into a fifteen-minute explanation of how his wife had been up all night with toothache.

During the terrifying days of World War II, a retired schoolmistress living in a rural area sent a letter to someone in London saying: "If only you knew what we are going through here. Every night we hear enemy planes going over loaded with bombs. Last week one of them dropped its bombs at random and our pantry window was cracked." The person she was writing to had not known what it was to sleep in her own bed for three months -- having had to spend every night in an air raid shelter.

These illustrations are representative of the kind of thing we hear or might say ourselves almost every day. And if we did not say it, then we might think it -- and that is just as bad.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Move

In order for God to take you to another place,
He must first move you from where you are.

The move often seems like disaster,
but it's only the creaking and groaning of a reluctant door.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your forefathers from China converted by a evangelist sent by your ang moh deity iszt? Aha you cherry pick and still want to deny. Schizo ang moh cult worshipper gong lanjiao way again :wink:

Village atheist mad dog barking up the wrong tree. Yes, I still want to deny that God is ang moh deity.

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
He can be a pinoy, ah neh, cina or mat yo-yo depending on the switch in his mental condition, LOL!
And no surprise, a right winged christard would deny anything that don't fix into his delusional beliefs without sound logic :wink:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
He can be a pinoy, ah neh, cina or mat yo-yo depending on the switch in his mental condition, LOL!
And no surprise, a right winged christard would deny anything that don't fix into his delusional beliefs without sound logic :wink:

Really? The atheist talks about sound logic? You got to be kidding me.

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dont know if God is an Ang mor deity,,but he definitely a middle eastern deity and he looks like Charlton Heston with a beard

Right winger frodolent could see Jesus as this :
frodo193.jpg

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Right winger frodolent could see Jesus as this :
frodo193.jpg

Well, for that you have to check with Tolkien. I believe his characters do have some Jesus in them. Frodo in some sense is a type of Christ as he bore the burden of the ring to destroy it. Samwise is like Simon of Cyrene to help carry Frodo. Aragon is also a type of Christ. Again this are Christ similarities that Tolkien may have tried to portray, nothing to be dogmatic about. And most certainly I do not see Jesus as Frodo. Hmmm....you really relish being thrashed by me, right?

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
All You've Got
============
It was Tuesday; I was walking through the Atlanta airport on my
way to concourse D.

I usually walk instead of riding the tram or the moving
sidewalks. I get all of the exercise that I can.

My legs were hurting. I wondered why as I racked my brain to
figure out why in the world my legs were hurting. It was as if
I had been lifting weights.

Then it hit me, the race. The race had done it.

Was I in a marathon? No.
A 10k? No.
A 5K? No.
A 100 meter dash? No.

"Well, what then?" you ask.

It was more like a 25-feet dash.

A 25-feet dash!!! How could that make my legs sore?

Normally I would have never figured such a short distance could
have made any difference. I am used to running miles.
Five miles is no problem.
Only above seven miles do I start straining.

So why did 25 feet strain me?

It was a race.

It was a dinner downstairs at the church, celebrating the
anniversary of the children's church. They had games, prizes,
and the fun stuff that goes along with kids.

They also had a big dinner. The fellowship hall was divided
into two sections. The leader of children's church decided to
have a contest to see which side would get to eat first.

They chose a champion from each side.

You guessed it, I was the chosen champion for one side.
Eugene was the other champion.

The objective was to race to a large rubber ball 25 feet away,
pick it up, turn around, and race back to the starting line.

The first one back got to eat first along with his side.

"I'm sorry about this Pastor but I'm really hungry," Eugene said
in partial jest. He won by a few inches.

We raced twice.

Both times he won by a few inches.

As I sat down my youngest brother said, "Eugene is really good
in basketball, I can't beat him."

Eugene was fast.

So why were my legs sore?

Because I had not run with all that I had in over 15 years.

There is a difference between jogging and running wide open.
A big difference.
That's why my legs were sore.

Even though it was only a short distance it was everything that
I had.

How often do we ever give something all that we have?

Full effort,

No holding back,

To the limit.

For most of us, that's not very often.

We don't give our relationships full effort.
We don't give our jobs full effort.
We don't give our spiritual lives full effort.
We don't even give our health full effort.

We hold back and leisurely jog until quitting time.

Maybe for once, we need to give it all we've got.
Even if it makes us a little sore,
we may just win a bigger prize than we imagine,
and if not, at least we know we gave it our all.

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
If there be an infinite Being, he does not need our help -- we need not waste our energies in his defense. -- Robert Green Ingersoll

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
If there be an infinite Being, he does not need our help -- we need not waste our energies in his defense. -- Robert Green Ingersoll

Of course God doesn't need our help. Problem with the abysmally ignorant atheist is that he thinks God need our help. Here's the fact which the ignorant atheist does not see, God wants us to be His spokespeople. He chooses to involve puny humans to accomplish His eternal purpose. So we are asked to proclaim the Good News, and defend it if necessary (because there are people like you around!). If you want God to appear before you and you do not want to hear another Christian speak, also can. Wait for judgement day lor with all your defiance, the day you see God in person is the day you kena thrown into hell with no chance of repentance. You game for that? My advice to you, don't kick against the goads. (Betcha don't know what that means either:rolleyes:.)

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
By your stupid belief, every human before jesus came went to hell. During the medieval christian period, the africans, the american aborginals, india, chinese, japanese and pinoys are went to hell. LOL, why are you so gong? You must be happy that all your forefathers went to hell.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
By your stupid belief, every human before jesus came went to hell. During the medieval christian period, the africans, the american aborginals, india, chinese, japanese and pinoys are went to hell. LOL, why are you so gong? You must be happy that all your forefathers went to hell.

Sorry, that stupid belief is yours to claim, never mine to hold. Abysmally ignorant atheist is truly abysmally ignorant. Your cut & paste effort obviously have not reached Hebrews 11 yet. Quick, take up the Bible and perform another self-correction!

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Reflect

Reflect upon your blessings,
of which every man has plenty,

not on your past misfortunes,
of which all men have some.

~Charles Dickens~

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
The doctrine of eternal punishment is in perfect harmony with the savagery of the men who made the orthodox creeds. It is in harmony with torture, with flaying alive, and with burnings. The men who burned their fellow-men for a moment, believed that God would burn his enemies forever. -- Robert Green Ingersoll

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
The doctrine of eternal punishment is in perfect harmony with the savagery of the men who made the orthodox creeds. It is in harmony with torture, with flaying alive, and with burnings. The men who burned their fellow-men for a moment, believed that God would burn his enemies forever. -- Robert Green Ingersoll

Pray tell who did Jesus and His apostles torture, flay or burn?