• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Just sharing.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
How Can You Mend A Broken Heart?

How do you mend a broken heart?

We get a lot of prayer requests asking to simply pray for their
broken heart.

So what do you do when you've got a broken heart?

Here are four steps that will help you up that mountain.

1. Occupy 2. Gratify 3. Sanctify 4. Glorify.

Occupy:
Occupy your time, don't sit around moping.

Do something.

Idleness is the soil of self-pity and depression. Get busy.
The best thing that you can do is to do something that helps
others. It's a universal principle that when you start focusing
on helping others, your own problems are diminished.
Don't just stand there, DO SOMETHING!

Gratify:
Write a list of the things you like, then pick three of those
things and put those things in your life - now.
Make sure you can afford them and that they aren't harmful.
When our hearts are broken, we often deprive ourselves of the
things we enjoy. Make an effort to put enjoyment in your life.

Sanctify:
Do good. Don't return evil for evil, hurt for hurt, pain for
pain. Don't wish something horrible would happen to the other
person. Hope for their good fortune in your spirit, and it just
may release your good fortune in your world.

The easiest way to forget someone, is to truly wish them well.

Glorify:
Life is not over. You can live without them. Not only can you
live without them, you can live even happier without them.
It is a matter of perspective. Even with the negative in your
world at the moment, there is something to be thankful for.

There is plenty to be thankful for actually.
Give God the glory for what you have.
You can't be sad and thankful at the same time.
Tell heartbreak to move over.

There is a sermon on www.TheOnlineWord.com called,
"Breaking the 3-Way Tie, How to Break Soul, Sex and Spirit Ties."
If you or someone you know is suffering from a broken heart,
they might do well to listen to it.

A famous comedian said,
"A man isn't a man until he's had his heart broken."

It's not really broken, it's just tenderized.

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
God's wrath on wickedness really offends the wicked and sinners!

Atheists are angry when they read such verses in the Bible. They say God is evil. But hang on, how does the atheist justify his anger? Based on what moral codes or standards? How does the atheist account for the existence of moral standards? Are such standards absolute or arbitrary? These are questions that force atheists into a corner with no way out.

Kills all the First Born of Egypt

And at midnight the LORD killed all the firstborn sons in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn son of Pharaoh, who sat on the throne, to the firstborn son of the captive i the dungeon. Even the firstborn of their livestock were killed. Pharaoh and his officials and all the people of Egypt woke up during the night, and loud wailing was heard throughout the land of Egypt. There was not a single house where someone had not died. (Exodus 12:29-30 NLT)

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
No answer just say no answer, mai kong lan jiao wei. Don't tell us you are so stupid to assume I am the only one reading your posts. LOL. You need an atheist to point to you where in genesis describes a flat earth model, so you really believe you got credibility as an evangelist? LOL. You can only just whine and parrot:wink: I have proved with evidences that bible heros are not necessary righteous people and those being killed are not necessary wicked or sinners as what you are trying to mislead people here:wink: Erectile, shame on you:wink:

Whether others are reading my posts or not is besides the point. I am responding to your rantings here. You doubt I have answers, that's your opinion. Like I said, no matter how much I explain you also won't understand, so long as you refuse to understand. Yes, I need you to point out where in Genesis is a flat earth taught. Please do that, if you really have the substance. Whether you see me credible as evangelist or not is also besides the point. I don't have to impress you, and I don't want to either. I just want to show others here that your rantings are hollow and your challenges to the Christian faith are an epic fail. Yes, many heroes in the Bible are not righteous people but had their moral flaws and weaknesses. But they are heroes of faith nevertheless, and like Abraham their faith were credited to them as righteousness. God is in the business of using sinners to change the world. Read Hebrews 11.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kills all the First Born of Egypt

And at midnight the LORD killed all the firstborn sons in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn son of Pharaoh, who sat on the throne, to the firstborn son of the captive i the dungeon. Even the firstborn of their livestock were killed. Pharaoh and his officials and all the people of Egypt woke up during the night, and loud wailing was heard throughout the land of Egypt. There was not a single house where someone had not died. (Exodus 12:29-30 NLT)

So do you believe the above REALLY happened in history? If yes, then we talk. If not, then why talk?

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
One or Many

Whoever destroys a single life
is as guilty as though he had destroyed the entire world;

and whoever rescues a single life
earns as much merit as though he had rescued the entire world.

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
God's wrath on wickedness really offends the wicked and sinners!

Atheists are angry when they read such verses in the Bible. They say God is evil. But hang on, how does the atheist justify his anger? Based on what moral codes or standards? How does the atheist account for the existence of moral standards? Are such standards absolute or arbitrary? These are questions that force atheists into a corner with no way out.

"If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your f have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to s him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought yo of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fe never do such evil as this in your midst." (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whahaha, no answer say so, Kong jiao wei. I am not the only person reading.

I know you are not the only person reading, but so what? You still haven't answered my question to demonstrate that it is worth answering you. Say what you will but I rather not cast pearls before swine.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
"If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your f have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to s him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought yo of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fe never do such evil as this in your midst." (Deuteronomy 13:7-12 NAB)

Why are you upset with God's laws?

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
FYI, God is NOT a tribal God. He chose Israel as the means to eventually bless all the nations of the world. God is the God of the universe. He is not confined to anyone or any nation. I'm surprised that you didn't know that.

Saul sent this message to the Kenites: "Move away from where the Amalekites live or else you will die with them. For you were kind to the people of Israel when they came up from Egypt." So the Kenites packed up and left. Then Saul slaughtered the Amalekites from Havilah all the way to Shur, east of Egypt. (1 Samuel 15:6-7 NLT)

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you want to encourage people to read the Bible, might as well post more than just a verse.

I will match up and catch up with the number of verses you post. Actually, I am just following how christians and pastors quote verse:wink:
Do you read all the books of the bible?

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If You Can't Solve It

If You Cannot Solve It,
It's Not A Problem,
It's Just The Reality

~Barbara Coloroso~

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Moses Kills a Man

Many years later, when Moses had grown up, he w out to visit his people, the Israelites, and he saw ho hard they were forced to work. During his visit, he an Egyptian beating one of the Hebrew slaves. Afte looking around to make sure no one was watching, Moses killed the Egyptian and buried him in the sa (Exodus 2:11-12 NLT)