• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Just sharing.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Silent Years

There are times when God will speak to you and then be silent
for an extended period of time. Silence does not mean you have
been forsaken by God. It simply means that God has spoken,
and now is the time to allow the word that He spoke to germinate
and come to pass.

Silence is not the same as peace. Silence is the absence of
noise, but peace is the presence of God! While you are going
through "silent years," you should focus on inner peace.

Inner peace produces outward confidence in the face of negative
circumstances so that we can go forward in the assurance that
even though tribulation is coming against us, we are more
than conquerors over it!

The Greek word for peace actually describes a spiritual
equilibrium no matter whatever may seek to upset us. The
biblical meaning of peace never denotes the absence of trouble.
Peace is not the absence of negatives but the presence of
positives. God's peace is inward and spiritual and never
predicated by contrary circumstances or negative events.

Poverty, sickness, death nor debt can override internal peace!

Silent years should indicate a time of reflection, introspection
and listening. The quieter we become, the more we hear.
However, we cannot rush the silent years.

Silent years are times of transition. Transition is always
uncomfortable and appears to last forever. We must ENDURE the
silent years! Whenever you see the word endure, it means that
there is no short cut through it. It must be endured.
You cannot circumvent what must be endured.

We are told to ENDURE unto the end. (Matt. 24:13)
We are told to ENDURE persecution and tribulation. (II Th. 1:4-10)
We are told to ENDURE hardness. (II Tim. 2:1-3)
We are told to ENDURE affliction. (II Tim. 4:5)
We are told to ENDURE chastening. (Heb. 12:7)

The key to being able to ENDURE is to see the END (ENDure).

Now, here are some things for you to question during the silent
years:

Is my life really submitted to God?
Am I submitted at home, work, church and to the government?
Have I learned my lesson?
What is God trying to teach me?
Am I humble enough to be teachable?
Has the fruit of patience been sufficiently developed in me?
Do I still have an appetite for the world in me?
Did I properly respond to the last thing God told me to do?
Have I attained a deeper faith?
Is my attitude right toward God and others?
Am I harboring unforgiveness?
What am I becoming?
Have I sufficiently developed and matured as a person?
Have I taken the time to minister to the Lord? (Acts 13:2)

During your silent years you should:

1. Practice and develop your gifts. Study.
2. Clarify. Define goals. Reorder priorities.
3. Serve (even while you are hurting).
4. Trust God.
5. Pray

Your silent years should change your life! You should come out
as a new person! When you come out, you should have a new level
of:

1. Knowledge
2. Responsibility
3. Authority/Power
4. Faith
5. Trust

Remember, problems never come to last, they only come to pass!

~by Bishop Dale C. Bronner~

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
hearing voices in your head is a form of mental illness. if you are hearing "god" voice, please seek psychiatric help asap.
http://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/help-information/mental-health-a-z/H/hearing-voices/

Mental health professionals usually define hearing voices as a symptom of medical illness. Many people who hear voices are able to live with them and may consider them a positive part of their lives. Many people hear voices but never find them a problem or need to seek help from mental health services.
What is it like to hear voices?

It is difficult to explain what it is like to hear voices, particularly if you have never heard voices yourself. However, the experience of hearing voices is not as alien as it is generally thought to be.

First, it can be the same as hearing a voice in the normal way, through your ears; the difference is that the voice has no physical source. You may think you have never experienced this, but are you sure? You may have had the experience of hearing someone call your name only to find that there is no one there.

Indeed, research shows that, especially for recently bereaved people, it is not uncommon to hear the voice of someone who isn’t actually there speaking to you, or who may even be dead.

It is also common for people to hear voices as if they are thoughts entering their mind from somewhere outside themselves. This is not the same as a suddenly inspired idea, which people usually recognise as coming from themselves. These thoughts are not their own and would seem to come from outside their own consciousness, like telepathy.

A good example of this is the experience of recalling a rhyme or tune, which you find yourself repeating unconsciously under your breath and which keeps going through your head again and again. You can even find yourself humming it. You never took a decision to start thinking of it and it’s difficult to stop thinking about it.

The difference between the tune in your head and a 'voice thought' that appears as words in your mind is that the voice may go on to speak coherently to you and even engage you in conversation. You yourself are not responsible for it and you have no idea what this voice is going to say next.

There are many different ways to hear voices. Voices can be experienced in the head, from outside the head or even in the body. It may be one voice or many voices. The voice may talk to you or about you.

There are other ways to hear voices. Some people experience non-verbal thoughts, images and visions, tastes, smells and touch – all with no physical cause and all sensations that they didn’t call into being themselves.

Voices can be like dreams. We all dream and experience words, images and even sensations. When we are bored we can drift off and have a day dream. When we dream all sorts of strange things can happen to us, but we still believe they’re really happening to us. Hearing voices can be like that – a waking dream that is experienced as real.

For voice hearers, the voices might be present all day and prevent them from doing things in their daily lives. Voices may threaten to punish the voice hearer if they don’t do what the voice wants them to do. people who hear voices may not feel able to talk about them and may become isolated and withdrawn as a result.
Hallucination or human experience?

Hearing voices can be a very disturbing experience, both for the person who hears voices and family and friends. Until recently voices were regarded as a symptom of a mental illness and not talked about because of fear of stigma.

Hearing voices are still considered by psychiatry as an auditory hallucination and as a symptom of conditions such as schizophrenic disorders, manic depression and psychosis. The orthodox treatment is with major tranquillisers. These do not get rid of the voices.

In the past mental health professionals were taught not to let voice hearers talk about their voices as this was thought to be colluding with the person’s delusions and not helpful. Most often professionals sought to distract the voice hearer from their voices.

Research has shown that many people hear voices, and some cope well with their voices, without psychiatric intervention. It has also been found that many people who hear voices regard them as a positive part of their lives.

Throughout history and even today there are people who hear voices who find their voices inspirational and comforting. Many researchers, practitioners and voice hearers believe it is mistaken to regard voice hearing as part of a psychopathic disease syndrome. Rather, they consider it to be more akin to a variation in human experience - a special faculty or difference that definitely does not need a cure.
Finding meaning in voices

Sound research with many voice hearers, both within and outside of mental health services, has found that how voice hearers cope with their voices (or don’t) depends not on the content of the voice experience (which can be either abusive and devaluing or guiding and inspiring – or both) but on the nature of the relationship with the voices. If you believe the voices to be in control you can’t cope; if you believe you are stronger than the voices are, you can.

This means it is no longer a sustainable position to think of voices as part of a disease syndrome, such as schizophrenia. Instead hearing voices can be regarded as a meaningful, real (although sometimes painful, fearful and overwhelming) experience that speak to the person in a metaphorical way about their life, emotions and environment. For instance, people experiencing distress as a consequence of abusive or commanding voices can often recognise their voices as those of their actual abusers and the voices have the effect of attacking their sense of self esteem and worth.

Having discovered these kinds of relationships, psychiatrists and psychologists in the UK and the Netherlands are developing techniques to help voice hearers focus on their experience and get to know their voices better. The new approach helps the voice hearer to make space for the voices, to listen but not to necessarily obey, to engage, but in their own time and space - essentially to learn how to control them within their own explanatory framework. This acceptance of the voices is crucial to growth and resolution. Voice hearers who have learnt these techniques can now say, "I hear voices, they are part of me and I am glad they are".
Practical advice for people who hear voices

Hearing voices can be an overwhelming experience, making it very hard for the voice hearer to manage their life.

These are some of the things voice hearers say can be helpful.

Talk to other voice hearers – this gives you the opportunity to share experiences and to learn from one another. You can join or set up a self-help groups, such as those established by the Hearing Voices Network throughout the UK.

Voice hearers say it is important to discuss their voices. This helps you learn to recognise their games and tricks, as well as their good aspects, and to identify patterns that are specific to given situations. This can help you to be better prepared for future onset of voices. Voice hearers may think they are alone in hearing voices. This can lead to feelings of shame or the fear of going mad. Anxiety often leads to the avoidance of situations that might trigger the voices, stopping people leading a full and rewarding life. Anxiety severely restricts freedom of movement, and strategies of avoidance often seem to exacerbate the problem.

Voice hearers seek explanations to account for their voices. Understanding where the voices come from and why, and what triggers them can be helpful in developing a coping strategy. Unless some meaning is attributed to the voices, it is difficult to establish a relationship with them in order to feel more in control. Approaches that discourage voice hearers from seeking mastery of the voices tend to yield the least positive results.

In the process of developing your own point of view and taking responsibility for yourself, the essential first step is acceptance of the voices as belonging to you. This is one of the most important and difficult steps to take.

Voices can express what the voice hearers are feeling or thinking – for instance, aggression or fear about an event or relationship. It is the feelings that are important here, not the voices. When the voices express such views, it can be valuable to discuss the messages with someone you trust.

When you hear voices that are malicious it is difficult to accept the existence of a positive, helpful dimension to the experience. Contact with other voice hearers can lead to the discovery that positive voices exist, and the realisation that these can be detected, as a result of acceptance of your negative feelings. Imposing a structure on the relationship with the voices helps minimise feelings of powerlessness. It is valuable to see that you can set your own limits and restrain the voices from excessive intrusion on your life.

Sharing experiences enables voice hearers to get to know what medicines others are using, how useful these are, and what their side effects may be. It is important, for example, to know whether a particular medicine is helpful in reducing the hearing of voices or easing anxiety and confusion.

Sharing knowledge about voices with families and friends can be helpful. If family and friends can accept the voices they can be more supportive. This can make voice hearers’ lives easier, improving their confidence in social situations.

Voice hearers who have learned to adjust to their experiences report that the process has contributed to their personal growth. Personal growth can be defined as recognising what you need in order to live a fulfilled life, and knowing how to achieve these ends.

Communicating about voices has its disadvantages. Voice hearers can feel very vulnerable; some voice hearers find great difficulty in opening up about their experiences, although it can be easier with other voice hearers. Another drawback is that the voices may become temporarily more acute when you start talking about them. All in all, though, the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.

Finally, it is most important to recognise the wide variety of individual situations and circumstances. The best advice is to try to increase the voice hearer’s influence over their voices, rather than intensify their powerlessness.

Practical advice for family, friends and mental health workers

To assist voice hearers, mental health professionals need to find out which frames of reference and coping strategies seem to be the most useful to the voice hearer. By doing so voice hearers can be supported more effectively in their attempts to deal with their experiences. Self-determination and self-knowledge are the key.

Accept the voice hearer’s experience of the voices. The voices are often felt as more intense and real than sensory perceptions.

Understand the different languages used by the voice hearer to describe and account for their experiences, as well as the language spoken by the voices themselves. There is often a world of symbols and feelings involved.

Help the individual to communicate with the voices. This may involve differentiating between good and bad voices and accepting the voice hearer’s own negative emotions. This acceptance may make a crucial contribution to the promotion of self-esteem.

Encourage the voice hearer to meet other people with similar experiences and to read about hearing voices, in order to help overcome isolation and taboo.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Where did Valentine's Day come from? Is it wrong for a Christian to celebrate it?
Like many of the world's major holidays, St. Valentine's Day is an annual observance with its roots entrenched firmly in pagan beliefs and customs. What would God think about Valentine's Day?

The ancient Roman festival of Lupercalia, an annual three-day ritual believed to ward off evil spirits and increase fertility, was held on Feb. 13 to 15.
Lupercalia (also known as Februatio, which is where we get the name for our month of February) was popular among many of the new converts to the quick-rising Catholic Church, and as Celebrations: The Complete Book of American Holidays notes, "Everywhere that [mainstream] Christians came into power they immediately adapted the holidays and customs of the people to their own creed” (Robert J. Myers and the editors of Hallmark Cards, 1972, pp. 50-51).
Such was their course of action with this festival of Lupercalia. While Pope Gelasius officially condemned the pagan Roman festival and banned its observance at the end of the fifth century, many of its accompanying practices quickly appeared in a newly established holiday added by him to the official church list of feast days in A.D. 496—St. Valentine's Day.
Soon, people were no longer looking to obtain fertility by being beaten with strips of animal skin called februa. Instead, they turned their focus to St. Valentine, the patron saint of "engaged couples and anyone wishing to marry" (Celebrations, pp. 48-49), whose actual identity is even murkier than what connection he bore to romance.
What amounted to a renamed, refurbished Lupercalia then picked up steam, gradually adapting itself into the Valentine's Day we know today, which included the added elements of Valentine cards and Cupid, the Roman god of erotic love.
Friendship and sending cards are wonderful things, and God is not opposed to romance at the right time in the right way. But does the pagan religious history of Valentine's Day taint the modern practices? What does God have to say about observing pagan traditions, renamed or not?
"When the Lord your God cuts off from before you the nations which you go to dispossess…do not inquire after their gods, saying, 'How did these nations serve their gods? I also will do likewise.' You shall not worship the Lord your God in that way; for every abomination to the Lord which He hates they have done to their gods... Whatever I command you, be careful to observe it; you shall not add to it nor take away from it" (Deuteronomy 12:29-32

).
Though the practices of Lupercalia have been repackaged and dressed up in the form of Valentine's Day, these verses indicate they remain just as detestable as they have always been in our Creator's eyes. Instead of pagan days and practices, our focus should be on the Holy Days God has given us in the Bible, which point us toward His amazing and incomparable plan for all of humanity.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
True Compassion
================

I want to thank you for bringing hope back into my life this
morning. My son went to jail yesterday.

A year ago he was driving drunk and hit a young boy, the same
age, and the boy was in a coma for several months.

Miraculously, my son did not even break one bone, even though he
went through the windshield. The good Lord saved both their
lives for a reason.

I prayed for the other boy everyday and I prayed for his
parents, as he was their only child.

I prayed for him to open his eyes...he did.
I prayed for him to wake up from his coma...he did.
I prayed that his brain would function...it does (although he
cannot remember the accident).
I prayed that his trach could be removed so he could talk...
it was finally removed last month but he still cannot talk.
His stomach tube was removed but he still cannot eat solid food.
I prayed for one thing at a time.

I believe in miracles and I know he is going to get better...
that is my constant prayer.

All along, I have concentrated on this boy and his family and I
want to mention at this time that they are a wonderful Christian
family who holds no ill feelings for my son.

We were truly blessed that we never had to endure the tortures
that we could have felt from these people. I have neglected to
be so fervent in my prayers for my son. Yesterday, I visited
these people and asked them to pray for my son.

They went to the hearing and all they asked for was an apology
and for my son to seek counseling.

Whoever thinks there is no one left in this world who has
compassion for their fellow man is wrong. These people have
every right to be angry...but they're not.

God bless them.
They have been our gifts from God.

Without their compassion, this whole ordeal would have been an
unbearable cross to bear. God gives us many chances to take
inventory of His grace toward us, but sometimes we only deal
with present situations.

He has always been there for me...from the beginning.
He spared my son and I know He will get us through the next
hurdle. It may not be in our time but He knows when.

Pray for my son and for me.
I know this will be his greatest test and maybe now that he has
plenty of time to think about how he has been blessed, he can
ask God to bless him even more for His glory.

Our gifts from God are so abundant and so free. We have to
learn to accept them and do something with them.

Thank you for listening...

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Don't Grow Old

Many people are afraid of growing old.
I'm afraid of growing old and boring.

Many people are afraid of growing old, alone.
I'm afraid of growing old, insane.

Many people are afraid of losing their looks.
I'm afraid of losing my dreams.

Many people are afraid of losing their youth.
I'm afraid of losing my soul.

When you're 15, 35 seems ancient.
When you're 35, 15 seems juvenile.

A turnaround in a split second - two decades zoom past and
before you know it, it's only a mile to the next millennium.

Don't fear age,
it's a right of person-hood.

Don't fear death- it's God's greatest jest.

Don't grow old - you don't have to.

Don't date because you're desperate.

Don't marry because you're miserable.

Don't have kids because you think your genes are superior.

Don't separate because you think it's fashionable.

Don't drink because y ou have troubles.

Don't gamble because you think winning is inevitable.

Don't philander because you think you're irresistible.
Most likely, you're not.

Don't associate with people you can't trust.
Don't cheat.
Don't lie.
Don't pretend.

Don't try to buy your way into the kingdom of God.

Don't dictate because you're smarter.

Don't demand because you're stronger.

Don't sleep around because you think you're old enough and know
better.

Don't hurt your kids because loving them is harder.

Don't sell yourself, your family or your ideals.

Don't stagnate.
Don't regress.

Learn a new skill.

Find a new friend.

Start a new career.

Don't live in the past.

Time can't bring anything or anyone back.

Don't put your life on hold for possibly Mr. Right.

Don't throw you life away on absolutely Mr. Wrong because your
biological clock is ticking and you can't afford to have your
eggs harvested before the new millennium.

There's always a mad rush to something, somewhere - but victory
does not always belong to those who finish first.

Sometimes, there is no race to be won, only a price to be paid
for some of life's more hasty decisions.

You can't always go with the throng who could be wrong.

Sometimes, you have to be alone to be enlightened.

To terminate your loneliness, reach out to the homeless.
To feed your nurturing instincts, care for the needy.
To fulfill your parenting fantasies, get a puppy.

Don't bring another life into this world for all the wrong
reasons.

To keep yourself warm, buy a jacket.
In the long run, it will be less complicated and less costly.

To make yourself happy, pursue your passions and be the best of
what you can be.

Simplify your life.
Take away the clutter.
Get rid of destructive elements - abusive friends, nasty habits
and d angerous liaisons.

Don't abandon your responsibilities, but don't overdose on duty.
Don't live life recklessly without thought and feeling for your
family.

Be true to yourself. Don't commit when you're not ready.

Don't keep others waiting needlessly.

Fall in love - it's the greatest thing on earth.
But take care and remember, after the fall must come the rise.

Go on that trip. Don't postpone it.

Say those words. Don't let the moment pass.
Do what you must even at society's scorn.

Write poetry. Love deeply. Walk barefoot. Hold hands.
Dance with wild abandon. Cry at the movies.
Take care of yourself.
Don't wait for someone to take care of you.

You light up your life.
You drive yourself to your destination.
No one completes you - except you.
It is true that life doesn't get easier with age.
It only gets more challenging.

Don't be afraid.
Don't lose your capacity to love.

Pursue your passions.
Live your dreams.

Don't lose faith in God.

Don't grow old.

Just grow up.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Explanation of The Flight

Her mouth hung open at the close of the “The Flight.”
She stood in silence for what seemed like a minute.
“The Flight” is only 30 seconds long.

“That’s real serious,” Brenda said still staring at the screen.

I had asked Brenda, one of the employees of my company to watch
“The Flight” and tell me what she thought of it.

I knew by her reaction that "The Flight" would shake a lot of
people. When things shake, they shake in all directions.

Another employee asked me to replay it several times.
I made the decision to put “The Flight” on CryofTheSpirit.com.

There will be many interpretations of “The Flight.”

"The Flight" is essentially about The Rapture. The Rapture is
controversial in itself with many different beliefs about it.
The general consensus is that upon the return of Christ, one
group will be taken away and one group will be left. It was the
basis of the movie series, “Left Behind.”

It is believed to be a sudden and drastic event from the verse,
“For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even
unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.”
(Mat 24:27 KJV)

The Bible does not actually say which group will be taken and
which group will be left; but it is believed by most that the
saved will be taken and the unsaved left and that those left
behind will be, putting it mildly, in a very sorry state.
"The Flight" depicts the plight of those left behind.

“The Flight” on a higher level is about decisions.

Each decision that we make has consequences. Although we may
think about a decision for a considerable amount of time, it is
made in an instant, like a flash of lightning. The word “decide”
literally means to “cut off.” Once we “decide” upon something,
we “cut off” other options.

I preached a sermon called “Be Prepared” on AirJesus.com.
I mentioned that if you dropped out of school, you made a
decision that would cut off other options in your life and that
such a decision prepared you for a different course in life.
Often it prepared you for a course that you really didn’t want.

After service a young man came up to me. He told me that he was
planning to drop out of school that very week and that "Be
Prepared" made him realize such a decision was unwise.

“I’m going to finish school now,” he said.

Often a message is meant for one person but to that one it is
life changing. Such is “The Flight.”

“The Flight” is ultimately about decisions, made in an instant
that have consequences for the rest of your life. The wrong
decision results in weeping and wailing when you realize that so
many things have left you.

Joy leaves, peace leaves, money leaves, security leaves, health
leaves and spouses leave. They’ve left you behind.

One wrong decision can have life long consequences. One thing
that you should have done that you didn’t do or one thing that
you shouldn’t have done that you did can change your life.

Forever

A lot of people will be left stunned by "The Flight."
It is a rather shocking and impacting 30 seconds.

Perhaps the more left stunned, the less left behind.

"The Flight" http://www.cryofthespirit.com/theflight.html

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Three Strings[/B

On Nov. 18, 1995, Itzhak Perlman, the violinist, came on stage
to give a concert at Avery Fisher Hall at Lincoln Center in New
York City. If you have ever been to a Perlman concert, you know
that getting on stage is no small achievement for him. He was
stricken with polio as a child, and so he has braces on both
legs and walks with the aid of two crutches. To see him walk
across the stage one step at a time, painfully and slowly, is an
awesome sight.

He walks painfully, yet majestically, until he reaches his
chair. Then he sits down, slowly, puts his crutches on the
floor, undoes the clasps on his legs, tucks one foot back and
extends the other foot forward. Then he bends down and picks up
the violin, puts it under his chin, nods to the conductor and
proceeds to play.

By now, the audience is used to this ritual. They sit quietly
while he makes his way across the stage to his chair. They
remain reverently silent while he undoes the clasps on his legs.
They wait until he is ready to play.

But this time, something went wrong. Just as he finished the
first few bars, one of the strings on his violin broke. You
could hear it snap - it went off like gunfire across the room.
There was no mistaking what that sound meant. There was no
mistaking what he had to do. We figured that he would have to
get up, put on the clasps again, pick up the crutches and limp
his way off stage - to either find another violin or else find
another string for this one. But he didn't. Instead, he waited
a moment, closed his eyes and then signaled the conductor to
begin again.

The orchestra began, and he played from where he had left off.
And he played with such passion and such power and such purity
as they had never heard before.

Of course, anyone knows that it is impossible to play a
symphonic work with just three strings. I know that, and you
know that, but that night Itzhak Perlman refused to know that.

You could see him modulating, changing, re-composing the piece
in his head. At one point, it sounded like he was de-tuning the
strings to get new sounds from them that they had never made
before.

When he finished, there was an awesome silence in the room. And
then people rose and cheered. There was an extraordinary
outburst of applause from every corner of the auditorium. We
were all on our feet, screaming and cheering, doing everything
we could to show how much we appreciated what he had done.

He smiled, wiped the sweat from this brow, raised his bow to
quiet us, and then he said - not boastfully, but in a quiet,
pensive, reverent tone - "You know, sometimes it is the artist's
task to find out how much music you can still make with what you
have left."

What a powerful line that is. It has stayed in my mind ever
since I heard it. And who knows? Perhaps that is the
definition of life - not just for artists but for all of us.

Here is a man who has prepared all his life to make music on a
violin of four strings, who, all of a sudden, in the middle of a
concert, finds himself with only three strings; so he makes
music with three strings, and the music he made that night with
just three strings was more beautiful, more sacred, more
memorable, than any that he had ever made before, when he had
four strings.

So, perhaps our task in this shaky, fast-changing, bewildering
world in which we live is to make music, at first with all that
we have, and then, when that is no longer possible ,to make music with what we have left

God my healer

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Love - Day and Night

A guru asked his disciples how they could tell when the night had ended and the day begun.

One said. "When you see an animal in the distance and can tell whether it is a cow or a horse."

"No." said the guru.

"When you look at a tree in the distance and can tell if it is a neem tree or mango tree."

"Wrong again," said the guru.

"Well, then, what is it?" asked the disciples.

"When you look into the face of any man and recognise your brother in him:
When you look into the face of any woman and recognise in her your sister.
If you cannot do this, no matter what time it is by the sun it is still night."

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Devout

There was once a woman who was religious and devout and filled with love for God.
Each morning, she would go to Church. And on the way children would call out to her,

beggars would accost her, but so immersed was she in her devotions that she did not even
see them.

Now one day she walked down the street in her customary manner and arrived at the church

just in time for service. She pushed the door, but it would not open. She pushed it again harder,
and found the door was locked.

Distressed at the thought that she would miss service for the first time in years, and not knowing
what to do, she looked up. And there, right before her face, she found a note pinned on to the door.

It said, "I'm out there!"

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gory Gory Hallelujah

[video=youtube;2oiTJ1Sq6xc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oiTJ1Sq6xc&noredirect=1[/video]

This is funny. Gory Gory Hallelujah is great, when the squashing comes.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Glory Glory Hallelujah

[video=youtube;hrG0AwUJQDQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrG0AwUJQDQ[/video]

Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord;
He is trampling out the vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored;
He hath loosed the fateful lightning of His terrible swift sword;
His truth is marching on.
Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! Glory! Glory! Hallelujah!
Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! His truth is marching on.

I have seen Him in the watch fires of a hundred circling camps
They have builded Him an altar in the evening dews and damps;
I can read His righteous sentence by the dim and flaring lamps;
His day is marching on.
Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! His day is marching on.

I have read a fiery Gospel writ in burnished rows of steel;
“As ye deal with My contemners, so with you My grace shall deal”;
Let the Hero, born of woman, crush the serpent with His heel,
Since God is marching on.
Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! Since God is marching on.

He has sounded forth the trumpet that shall never call retreat;
He is sifting out the hearts of men before His judgment seat;
Oh, be swift, my soul, to answer Him! be jubilant, my feet;
Our God is marching on.
Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! Our God is marching on.

In the beauty of the lilies Christ was born across the sea,
With a glory in His bosom that transfigures you and me:
As He died to make men holy, let us live to make men free;
[originally …let us die to make men free]
While God is marching on.
Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! While God is marching on.

He is coming like the glory of the morning on the wave,
He is wisdom to the mighty, He is honor to the brave;
So the world shall be His footstool, and the soul of wrong His slave,
Our God is marching on.
Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! Our God is marching on.

images

Good kill ! Good kill ! Target destroyed.