• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Just sharing.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Empty Chair

A man's daughter had asked the local pastor to come and pray with her father. When the pastor arrived, he found the man lying in bed with his head propped up on two pillows and an empty chair beside his bed. The priest assumed that the old fellow had been informed of his visit. "I guess you were expecting me," he said.

"No, who are you?"

"I'm the new associate at your local church," the pastor replied. "When I saw the empty chair, I figured you knew I was going to show up."

"Oh yeah, the chair," said the bedridden man. "Would you mind closing the door?"

Puzzled, the pastor shut the door.

"I've never told anyone this, not even my daughter," said the man. "But all of my life I have never known how to pray. At church I used to hear the pastor talk about prayer, but it always went right over my head.."

"I abandoned any attempt at prayer," the old man continued, "until one day about four years ago my best friend said to me, 'Joe, prayer is just a simple matter of having a conversation with Jesus. Here's what I suggest. Sit down on a chair, place an empty chair in front of you, and in faith see Jesus on the chair. It's not spooky because he promised, 'I'll be with you always.' Then just speak to him and listen in the same way you're doing with me right now."

"So, I tried it and I've liked it so much that I do it a couple of hours every day. I'm careful, though. If my daughter saw me talking to an empty chair, she'd either have a nervous breakdown or send me off to the funny farm."

The pastor was deeply moved by the story and encouraged the old guy to continue on the journey. Then he prayed with him, and returned to the church.

Two nights later the daughter called to tell the pastor that her daddy had died that afternoon.

"Did he seem to die in peace?" he asked.

"Yes, when I left the house around two o'clock, he called me over to his bedside, told me one of his corny jokes, and kissed me on the cheek. When I got back from the store an hour later, I found him dead. But there was something strange, In fact, beyond strange--kinda weird. Apparently, just before Daddy died, he leaned over and rested his head on a chair beside the bed."

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
LOOK UP

THE BUZZARD

If you put a buzzard in a pen that is 6 feet by 8 feet and is entirely open at the top, the bird, in spite of its ability to fly, will be an absolute prisoner.
The reason is that a buzzard always begins a flight from the ground with a run of 10 to 12 feet. Without space to run, as is its habit, it will not even attempt to fly, but will remain a prisoner for life in a small jail with no top.
------------------------------------------
THE BAT

The ordinary bat that flies around at night, a remarkable nimble creature in the air, cannot take off from a level place.
If it is placed on the floor or flat ground, all it can do is shuffle about helplessly and, no doubt, painfully, until it reaches some slight elevation from which it can throw itself into the air.
Then, at once, it takes off like a flash.
THE BUMBLEBEE

A bumblebee, if dropped into an open tumbler, will be there until it dies, unless it is taken out. It never sees the means of escape at the top, but persists in trying to find some way out through the sides near the bottom. It will seek a way where none exists, until it completely destroys itself.
PEOPLE

In many ways, we are like the buzzard, the bat, and the bumblebee. We struggle about with all our problems and frustrations, never realizing that all we have to do is look up!
That's the answer, the escape route and the solution to any problem....
Just look up!

-------------------------------------------
Sorrow looks back,
Worry looks around,
But faith looks up!
Live simply,
Love generously,
Care deeply,
Speak kindly, and
Trust in our Creator,
Who loves us.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Give Me Light Lord Jesus

Give me light Lord Jesus.
I need it to set me free.
Give me light Lord Jesus;
shine it bright before me.

Lord Jesus, give me the light.
I need it to guide me through this life.
Lord Jesus shine it bright,
so I may find some peace of mind.

Give me the light Lord Jesus.
Shine it and make me whole.
I do still love you Jesus.
For it was You who saved my soul.

But I've strayed from your light Lord Jesus.
I need you once more to make it shine.
So give me light Lord Jesus;
direct this life of mine.

For you have been my dearest friend
and your light has led me through.
Now I need your light again.
Please bring me back to you.

You've used your light all along I know.
You never turned your back.
But I have had on some real dark glasses,
so shine your light and get me back on track.

Bring me back to you Dear Jesus,
the way I use to be.
Please, once more shine that light
and get Satan away from me.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
God's Love

God's love is very tender and kind
it's something really easy you can look and find.

It's very dear to me
There's no other person's love I'd want it to be.

It doesn't go away not even with a blink of an eye.
All you have to do is call and he will be right by.

Sometimes when you think it's running short and
thin you find out you always had it deep within.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Productivity Versus Fruit

“Wow, Grandpa, look at that tomato plant. It’s a big one!” Justin pointed excitedly to a rather unusual tomato plant in the back of the garden.

Grandpa didn’t look so impressed. “It’s a big one, all right,” he replied. “But do you see any tomatoes?”

Justin skipped over to the plant and began inspecting it more carefully. To his surprise, he hardly saw any tomatoes—only an abundance leaves.

“Why aren’t there any tomatoes, Grandpa?”

Grandpa shook his head. “That plant has been so focused on foliage it’s forgotten what really matters. Come here, Justin. See this plant over here? Now this one is bearing fruit.”

Justin followed his grandfather over to the other corner of the garden where there was a tomato plant. At first glance, the plant was unimpressive. It only had a few leaves, and they weren’t perfectly green and luscious like the other plant’s. But it had many clumps of bright red tomatoes ready for picking. This plant was bearing fruit.

“Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.” John 15:16 (KJV)

“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.” Galatians 5:22-23 (KJV)

“I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.” John 15:5 (KJV)

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
God Loves You

For some time, Perry Rollhad carried a small aluminum cross in his pocket with "GOD" stamped on the crossbeam. The "O" was part of the phrase "LOVES YOU" imprinted on the vertical beam.

On a bus trip to visit his grandmother, Perry decided to get something to eat at Union Station's all-night restaurant. When a middle-aged woman sat down at the table across form his, he heard God speak in his spirit, "Give her your cross." Perry reached into this pocket and dug it out.

As he laid the cross on her table, he said,"God wants me to give you this," The woman read the inscription and began to cry. "Are you okay ?" he asked. She nodded slowly and pulled her hand from her purse, along with a 25-caliber pistol.

"I came here to have my last cup of coffee,"she said. "My daughter was killed a few months ago and my husband just left me. I thought God has abandoned me, too." Then she nodded at the gun and said, "Please take it away. I know I'm going to be all right." Clutching the cross to her chest, she walked out the door.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If your ultimate goal is to fulfill God's purpose for your life, whatever moves you away from God is not worth your time.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Golden Slippers

It was only four days before Christmas. The spirit of the season hadn't yet caught up with me, even though cars packed the parking lot of our local discount store. Inside the store, it was worse. Shopping carts and last minute shoppers jammed the aisles. Why did I come today? I wondered. My feet ached almost as much as my head. My list contained names of several people who claimed they wanted nothing but I knew their feelings would be hurt if I didn't buy them anything. Buying for someone who had everything and deploring the high cost of items, I considered gift-buying anything but fun.

Hurriedly, I filled my shopping cart with last minute items and proceeded to the long checkout lines. I picked the shortest but it looked as if it would mean at least a 20 minute wait. In front of me were two small children -- a boy of about 5 and a younger girl. The boy wore a ragged coat. Enormously large, tattered tennis shoes jutted far out in front of his much too short jeans. He clutched several crumpled dollar bills in his grimy hands. The girl's clothing resembled her brother's. Her head was a matted mass of curly hair. Reminders of an evening meal showed on her small face. She carried a beautiful pair of shiny, gold house slippers.

As the Christmas music sounded in the store's stereo system, the girl hummed along, off-key but happily. When we finally approached the checkout register, the girl carefully placed the shoes on the counter. She treated them as though they were a treasure.

The clerk rang up the bill. "That will be $6.09," she said.

The boy laid his crumpled dollars on top of the stand while he searched his pockets. He finally came up with $3.12. "I guess we will have to put them back, " he bravely said. "We will come back some other time, maybe tomorrow."

With that statement, a soft sob broke from the little girl. "But Jesus would have loved these shoes, " she cried.

"Well, we'll go home and work some more. Don't cry. We'll come back," he said.

Quickly I handed $3.00 to the cashier. These children had waited in line for a long time. And, after all, it was Christmas. Suddenly a pair of arms came around me and a small voice said,

"Thank you lady."

"What did you mean when you said Jesus would like the shoes?" I asked.

The boy answered, "Our mommy is sick and going to heaven. Daddy said she might go before Christmas to be with Jesus."

The girl spoke, "My Sunday school teacher said the streets in heaven are shiny gold, just like these shoes. Won't mommy be beautiful walking on those streets to match these shoes?"

My eyes flooded as I looked into her tear streaked face. "Yes" I answered, " I am sure she will."

Silently I thanked God for using these children to remind me of the true spirit of giving

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
He Will Never Leave You

Helen closed her troubled green eyes and ran her fingers through her tousled hair. She was so scared. She tried to pray,

"Oh Lord, help me deal with this. Help me to be strong." Tears ran freely down her cheeks.

Helen was having a mastectomy today. Both of her breasts had to be removed. Could she handle that? Could her husband handle that? Would he still love her? Her mind was running in every direction. The devil was playing havoc with her and she was letting him. As a Christian she knew that God would never give her more than she could handle.

This was close, very close, to more than she could handle. The whole scene terrified her. Nurses coming in and checking her temperature and pulse. The anesthetist telling her how long the surgery would take and what she should expect. Helen knew what to expect: after the surgery she would have no breasts. She prayed once more.

"Oh Lord, you know me better than I know myself. Help me! Grant me your peace.

If only they would let Dick in there. If only there were someone, anyone, to pray with her. She felt so alone. Not only alone, but so scared. Was she being weak? Was she lacking faith? It seemed as if she had been in this holding room for hours. Helen closed her eyes and tried to calm herself down. She was close to panic. Even the shot they had given her did not relax her.

Why was this happening to her? She didn’t want to question the Lord, but she was. Helen heard the curtain open again and she opened her eyes. An elderly lady with gray-brown hair approached her. She had a sweet smile and her eyes seemed to twinkle. With a soft voice she asked,

"Would you like me to pray with you?" Helen could only nod. The lady took her hand and started to pray. Immediately a peace came over Helen. The fear was replaced with the peace of God. The lady asked the Lord to wrap His arms around Helen and to comfort her. She asked Him to grant her His peace. Helen could feel the presence of the Lord.

She could feel His peace. She had never felt a peace like this before. She just let the peace envelop her. She was not even aware that the lady had left. The nurses then came to transport her to the operating room. Helen quickly thanked the nurses for letting the lady come to pray with her. The head nurse looked at her strangely.

"What lady?" she asked. "There is no one allowed back here but hospital staff. Was she a nurse?" Helen shook her head.

"No, she was not a nurse. She was a sweet lady who came to pray with me." The nurse smiled and said,

"That is impossible, dear. Only staff is allowed back here." Helen lay back and said no more. She closed her eyes and whispered,

"Thank You, Lord. Thank you for sending someone to pray with me. Thank you for my peace." After several hours in surgery, Helen woke up in recovery. When the nurses asked how she felt, she just smiled. She felt fine. She knew that the Lord was with her. She knew that she would make it through this with Him by her side. He had promised never to leave her nor forsake her--and He had kept that promise

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
YOU are a beautiful human person as YOU read this.

Read it and absorb it - don't read these words flippantly.

Are YOU reading? They are written for YOU - especially YOU.

YOU are a valuable person
YOU are a special person
YOU are a unique person
YOU are beautiful
YOU are precious
YOU are unrepeatable
YOU are mysterious
YOU are a beautiful human person No one will ever exist like YOU
No one will ever experience the life YOU have experienced
YOU are a collection of specialness that has never been put together before
Your life deserves a film premiere at a West End Cinema
YOU are so special and valuable that Jesus died for YOU
He loves YOU so much that he has given his life for YOU
His love is completely and totally 100% for YOU
His love for YOU is unconditional If YOU became a better person now, today, God couldn't love YOU anymore tomorrow.

His love for YOU is total NOW and He cannot love YOU anymore. YOU ARE 100% TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY LOVED.

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you so much for the 100% love you have for us. With that knowledge Lord help us to work with 100% commitment in our lives as servants to your almighty name. In Jesus' name we pray. Amen

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Homeward Bound

Right before the jetway door closed, I scrambled aboard the plane going from LA to Chicago, lugging my laptop an my overstuffed briefcase.

It was the first leg of an important business trip a few weeks before Christmas, and I was running late.

I had a ton of work to catch up on, half wishing, half praying I muttered, "Please God, do me a favor; let there be an empty seat next to mine, I don't need any distractions."

I was on the aisle in a two seat row. Across sat a businesswoman with her nose buried in a newspaper. No problem. But in the seat beside mine, next to the window, was a young boy wearing a big red tag around his neck:
Minor Traveling Unattended.

The kid sat perfectly still, hands in his lap, eyes straight ahead. He'd probably been told never to talk to strangers. Good, I thought.

Then the flight attendant came by, "Michael, I have to sit down because we're about to take off," she said to the little boy. "This nice man will answer any of your questions, okay?"

Did I have a choice? I offered my hand, and Michael shook it twice, straight up and down. "Hi, I'm Jerry," I said. "You must be about seven years old."

"I'll bet you don't have any kids," he responded.

"Why do you think that? Sure I do." I took out my wallet to show him pictures.

"Because I'm six. "

"I was way off, huh?" I said.

The captains' voice came over the speakers: "Flight attendants, prepare for takeoff."

Michael pulled his seat belt tighter and gripped the armrests as the jet engines roared. I leaned over "Right about now, I usually say a prayer. I asked God to keep the plane safe and to send angels to protect us."

"Amen," he said, then added, "but I'm not afraid of dying..I'm not afraid because my mama's already in heaven."

"I'm sorry." I said.

"Why are you sorry?" he asked, peering out the window as the plane lifted off.

"I'm sorry you don't have your mama here." My briefcase jostled at my feet, reminding me of all the work I needed to do.

"Look at those boats down there"! Michael said as the plane banked over the Pacific. "Where are they going?"

"Just going sailing, having a good time. And there's probably a fishing boat full of guys like you and me.

"Doing what?" he asked.

"Just fishing, maybe for bass or tuna. Does your dad ever take you fishing?

"I don't have a dad." Michael sadly responded.

Only six years old and he didn't have a dad, and his Mom had died, and here he was flying halfway across the country all by himself. The least I could do was make sure he had a good flight. With my foot I pushed my
briefcase under my seat.

"Do they have a bathroom here?" he asked, squirming a little.

"Sure," I said, "let me take you there." I showed him how to work the "Occupied" sign, and what buttons to push on the sink, then he closed the door. When he emerged, he wore a wet shirt and a huge smile "That sink shoots water everywhere!" The attendants smiled.

Michael got the VIP treatment from the crew during snack time. I took out my laptop and tried to work on a talk I had to give, but my mind kept going to Michael. I couldn't stop looking at the crumpled grocery bag on the floor by his seat. He'd told me that everything he owned was in that bag. Poor kid.

While Michael was getting a tour of the cockpit the flight attendant told me his grandmother would pick him up in Chicago. In the seat pocket a large manila envelope held all the paperwork regarding his custody.

He came back explaining, "I got wings! I got cards! I got more peanuts. I saw the pilot and he said I could come back anytime!"

For a while he stared at the manila envelope. "What are you thinking?" I asked Michael. He didn't answer. He buried his face in his hands and started sobbing. It had been years since I'd heard a little one cry like that. My kids were grown -- still I don't think they'd ever cried so hard.

I rubbed his back and wondered where the flight attendant was. "What's the matter buddy?" I asked. All I got were muffled words.

"I don't know my grandma. Mama didn't want her to come visit and see her sick. What if Grandma doesn't want me? Where will I go?"

"Michael, do you remember the Christmas story? Mary and Joseph and the baby Jesus? Remember how they came to Bethlehem just before Jesus was born? It was late and cold, and they didn't have anywhere to stay, no family, no hotels, not even hospitals where babies could be born. Well, God was watching out for them. He found them a place
to stay; a stable with animals."

"Wait, wait," Michael tugged on my sleeve. I know Jesus. I remember now. Then he closed his eyes, lifted his head and began to sing. His voice rang out with a strength that rocked his tiny frame. "Jeeesus looooves me--thiiiiiis I knowwwwwww. For the Biiiiiible tells meeeeee soooooo....."

Passengers turned or stood up to see the little boy who made the large sound. Michael didn't notice his audience. With his eyes shut tight and voice lifted high, he was in a good place.

"You've got a great voice," I told him when he was done. "I've never heard anyone sing like that."

"Mama said God gave me good pipes just like my grandma's," he said. "My grandma loves to sing, she sings in her church choir."

"Well, I'll bet you can sing there too. The two of you will be running that choir."

The seat belt sign came on as we approached O'Hare. The flight attendant came by and said we just have a few minutes now, but she told Michael it's important that he put on his seat belt.

People started stirring in their seats, like the kids before the final school bell. By the time the seat belt sign went off, passengers were rushing down the aisle. Michael and I stayed seated.

"Are you gonna go with me?" he asked.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world buddy!" I assured him.

Clutching his bag and the manila envelope in one hand, he grabbed my hand with the other. The two of us followed the flight attendant down the jetway. All the noises of the airport seemed to fill the corridor. Michael stopped, flipping his hand from mine, he dropped to his knees. His mouth quivered. His eyes brimmed with tears.

"What's wrong Michael? I'll carry you if you want."

He opened his mouth and moved his lips, but it was as if his words were stuck in his throat. When I knelt next to him, he grabbed my neck.

I felt his warm, wet face as he whispered in my ear "I want my mama!!!"

I tried to stand, but Michael squeezed my neck even harder. Then I heard a rattle of footsteps on the corridor's metal floor.

"Is that you baby?" I couldn't see the woman behind me, but I heard the warmth in her voice "Oh baby," she cried. "Come here. Grandma loves you so much. I need a hug baby. Let go of that nice man,"

She knelt beside Michael and me. Michael's grandma stroked his arm. I smelled a hint of orange blossoms.

"You've got folks waiting for you out there Michael. Do you know that??. You've got aunts, and uncles and cousins?" She patted his skinny shoulders and started humming.

Then she lifted her head and sang. I wondered if the flight attendant told her what to sing, or maybe she just knew what was right. Her strong, clear voice filled the passageway, "Jesus loves me -- this I know..."

Michael's gasps quieted. Still holding him, I rose, nodded hello to his grandma and watched her pick up the grocery bag. Right before we got to the doorway to the terminal, Michael loosened his grip around my neck and reached for his grandma.

As soon as she walked across the threshold with him, cheers erupted. From the size of the crowed, I figured family, friends, pastors, elders, deacons, choir members and most of the neighbors had come to meet Michael.

A tall man tugged on Michael's ear and pulled off the red sign around his neck. It no longer applied.

As I made my way to the gate for my connecting flight, I barely noticed the weight of my overstuffed briefcase and laptop. I started to wonder who would be in the seat next to mine this time...... And I smiled.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hope

"She'll not live a day," a physician told a nurse. Concerned, the nurse tried to be a friend to the dying woman, and after a few hours she won her confidence.

The old woman said sorrowfully, "I have traveled all the way from California by myself, stopping at every city of importance between San Francisco and Boston. In every city I visited two places: the police station and the hospital. You see, my boy ran away from home and I have no idea where he is. I've got to find him...."

The mother's eyes seemed flash a ray of hope as she added, "Someday he may even come into this very hospital, and if he does, please promise me you'll tell him his two best friends never gave up on him..."
Bending over the dying mother, the nurse whispered softly, "tell me the names of those two friends so I can tell your son if I ever see him."

With trembling lips and her eyes filled with tears the mother responded, "Tell him those two friends were God and his mother," and she closed her eyes and died.

The Lesson

Suppose one of you had a hundred sheep and lost one. Wouldn't you leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness and go after the lost one until you found it? When found, you can be sure you would put it across your shoulders, rejoicing, and when you got home call in your friends and neighbors, saying "Celebrate with me! I've found my lost sheep!"

Count on it__there's more joy in heaven over one sinner's rescued life than over ninety-nine good people in no need of rescue.
(Luke15:3-7)

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
How He Got His Life Back in Track

How can I change, I'm to caught up in my mess, no one will want me, no one will ever give me a second chance. It's been sixteen long years of my life that all I've been doing is selling, dealing, and using, marijuana and any other drug I can get a hold of. On the streets I'm known as "Dr. M.J. The Giver of All." It's been days after the last crime scene last month that I've been seen hanging with the same old group. I guess you can say I've been up to bigger and better things lately.

One day I can remember me sitting up in my room meditating on the words of my mom before she past away, saying "Honey you be good now, and don't let anyone tear you away from the Lord. Just remember all the teachings I've taught you". I haven't found myself in a church since then, I guess you can say that since she is gone I've just been laid back and depending on my friends and my reliant, marijuana.

As far as I can remember, their use to be an old lady about the age of 45 that use to come to the house to pick up my mom and I for Sunday school and morning worship every Sundays. Until then, every day when I saw her coming up the stairs to ring the doorbell, I would either turn off all the lights and go hide, or give her every excuse under the sun not to bring me to church.

Ever since then she hasn't been coming anymore. Man did she use to bother me! Sitting next to her made sleeping worth wild. She use to always tap me on the shoulder with her scrawny pointer finger and ask me "do you understand what the preacher is saying?" I would just shake my head and nod, even if I were half asleep.

One day while sleeping, I had a vision, or you can say nightmare. I dreamed that I was being pulled to church by a heavenly man figure. He was dressed in all white and had a crown on his head. All he did was look at me and said "I know all about you, I know what you do and all you say, I know your past, present, and future.

I know every time you try to run, hide, and shied yourself from every twist and turns. Honey I know you! It's not time to run anymore but to face everything that you have done, come to me and all your problems will be erased for ever. Don't turn your back on me".

When I awoke in a puddle of sweat, all I could do is try to shake every thought from my mind. There was no place or no one for me to run to. All my friends would just look at me strange and ask, "what are you talking about". It was just too much to explain to them and I knew they wouldn't get it, so the only person I had to turn to was that same old lady.

When I got to her house, no questions was asked about why I never opened the door to her, or why I made up all those excuses, all she did was open her arms to me. She invited me in and we talked about my dream. She said that the Lord was trying to tell me something and try to bring me closer to him.

This time instead of closing my eyes trying to give her a clue that she was boring me out, I actually sat there grasping, and hanging on to her every word. When she was gone, I told her that I was going to go to church and that. Before I could finish she said "honey, don't tell me, show me", and she gave me a kiss and I was on my way.

That Sunday I was at church sitting in that same row as before, right next to the old lady listening to the preacher. What the preacher was saying was all for me. He was saying "how can a man stay in all his sins, try and run, and think that he can smile so no one knows what's going on? What you need to do is confess your sins, even though God already knows, he want's to hear it from you."

That main part from the sermon was all I needed that night. After church I gave the old lady a big hug and said thanks for all you've done, you really made a difference in my life. She smiled and said "maybe that was the other part to your dream, God's part, he is smiling down at you right now".

When I got home I decided not to hang around with my friends but just to visit them one last time. I ended up telling my them about God and that there are better things in life that you should get hooked in instead of marijuana, crack, and cocaine.

Drugs are what you think need to crave your inner self, but when it wears down you need to get some more. Taste and see that God is good and you'll never thirst or hunger in your life again. I just walked away leaving that on their minds.

My life has made a turn for the better since I've decided to serve the Lord and to get my life back on track".

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I Am So Happy

I am so happy ,
because I know that Jesus loves me
I am so happy ,
because I know that Jesus saved me
I am so happy ,
Because I know that Jesus will always be here for me ,
always , and forever , and all eternity
Oh thank you Jesus ,
You make me so happy .

Oh Jesus makes me so happy ,
He just fill me with great joy ,
He give me purpose ,
He gives me hope ,
He give me peace ,
He gives me the power ,
To walk with my head held high every day.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I Love You Anyway

The fear of rejection may be one of the most basic fears of the human experience. Dr. Joe Harding tells a heart-warming story of a man who finally decided to ask his boss for a raise in salary. It was Friday. He told his wife that morning what he was about to do, All day the man felt nervous and apprehensive. Late in the afternoon he summoned the courage to approach his employer. To his delight, the boss agreed to a raise.

The man arrived home to a beautiful table set with their best china. Candles were lighted. His wife had prepared a festive meal. Immediately he figured that someone from the office had tipped her off! Finding his wife in the kitchen, he told her the good news. They embraced and kissed, then sat down to a wonderful meal. Next to his plate the man found a beautiful lettered note. It read: "Congratulations, darling! I knew you'd get the raise! These things will tell you how much I love you."

While on his way to the kitchen to get dessert he noticed that a second card had fallen from her pocket. Picking it off the floor, he read: "Don't worry about not getting the raise! You deserve it anyway! These things will tell you how much I love you."

Total acceptance! Total love. Her love for him was not contingent upon his success at work. In fact, just the opposite. If he were to fail there, if he were to be rejected by his boss he'd be all the more accepted at home. She stood behind him no matter what; softening the blows, healing the wounds, believing in him, loving him. We can be rejected by almost anyone if we're loved by one.

That's the way families can be with each other. And I like to think that's the way God is with us, too! "We love because he first loved us."

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I Love You Child

I would like to share with you a memorable story that I was once told which demonstrates God's unfailing love for His children.

There was a little American girl, very young, who was on a flight back to her home where her father was to meet her. I forget why she had gone away. The stewards were giving out free sweets to all the young children and the girl, for the whole flight home, ate sweet after sweet after sweet.

When they had almost got home the girl was sick all over her seat and her dress. The stewardess who had given her all the sweets was so disgusted she refused to clean up the mess.

As the plane landed the father was waiting patiently for his little princess who he hadn't seen for such a long time. He had just come from work and was wearing his newest, smartest suit. A suit he loved so much to wear.

As the plane door opened the little girl, wanting her daddy ran out of the terminal. Excited at the sight of her daddy she runs straight for him. The father immediately notices the horrible mess that covers his daughter's dress as she runs straight for him but as she reaches him he snatches her up in his arms and hugs her tightly to his chest, running the clothes he wore.

He loved his new suit. But the love he had for his daughter was unbeatable, and even though she was a mess, and would ruin his suit, he cared too much about her and just wanted to hold her in his arms.

Jesus Christ too wants that relationship with us. Our lives are in a mess. But he does not care. He loves us. Every single one of us and waits with open arms for us to run to him and embrace him, where he will clean us up and never turn us away. PLEASE RUN INTO HIS ARMS TODAY! IF YOU ARE ALREADY THERE, HELP THE OTHERS REACH THIS WONDERFUL GOAL!! God Bless.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Twenty and The One

There was this $20 dollar bill and a $1 dollar bill on the
conveyor belt at the downtown Federal Reserve Building.

As they were lying there side by side the $1 dollar bill said
to the $20 dollar bill, "Hey mannnnnn, where have you been.
I haven't seen you in a long time ?"

The $20 dollar bill replied, "Man I have been having a ball!
I been traveling to distant countries, going to the finest
restaurants, to the biggest and best casinos, numerous
boutiques, the mall uptown, the mall downtown, the mall across
town and even a mall that I just newly built.

"In fact, just this week I've been to Europe, a professional NBA
game, Rodeo Drive, the all-day retreat spa, the top-notch hair
salon and the new casino! I have done it all!!!"

After describing his great travels, the $20 dollar bill asked
the $1 dollar bill,

"What about you? Where have you been?"

The $1 dollar replied, "Well, I've been to the Baptist church,
the Methodist church, the Presbyterian church, the Episcopalian
church, the Church of God in Christ, the Catholic church, the
Mormon church, the church of the Latter Day Saints, the A.M.E.
church, the Disciple of Christ church, the..."

"WAIT A MINUTE! WAIT A MINUTE!!"
shouted the $20 dollar bill to the $1 dollar bill.

"What's a church?"

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If Tomorrow Starts Without Me

If tomorrow starts without me,
And I'm not there to see,
If the sun should rise and find your eyes
All filled with tears for me;

I wish so much you wouldn't cry
The way you did today,
While thinking of the many things,