• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Just sharing.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Baseball

The Lord stood by to observe a baseball game. The Lord's team was playing Satan's team. The Lord's team was at bat, the score was tied zero to zero, and it was the bottom of the ninth inning with two outs.

They continued to watch as a batter stepped up to the plate whose name was Love. Love swung at the 1st pitch and hit a single, because Love never fails.

The next batter was named Faith, who also got a single because Faith works with Love.

The next batter up was named Godly Wisdom. Satan wound up and threw the first pitch. Godly Wisdom looked it over and let it pass. Ball one. Three more pitches and Godly Wisdom walked, because Godly Wisdom never swings at what Satan throws.

The bases are loaded. The Lord then turns to Bob and told him He was now going to bring in His star player. Up to bat stepped Grace. Bob said, "He sure doesn't look like much!" Satan's whole team relaxed when they saw Grace. Thinking he had won the game, Satan wound up and fired his first pitch. To the shock of everyone, Grace hit the ball harder than anyone had ever seen.

But Satan was not worried; his center fielder let very few get by. He went up for the ball, but it went right through his glove, hit him on the head and sent him crashing to the ground.

Then, it continued over the fence for a home run! The Lord's team won. The Lord then asked Bob if he knew why Love, Faith and Godly Wisdom could get on base but could not win the game. Bob answered that he did not know why.

The Lord explained, "If your love, faith and wisdom had won the game you would think you had done it by yourself. Love, faith and wisdom will get you on base, but only MY Grace can get you home. My Grace is the only thing Satan cannot steal

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Baseball's Great Experiment

At New York's Shea Stadium, two years ago, baseball commissioner Bud Selig announced that number 42 would be retired by the major leagues forever. It was a mark of honor for the man who had worn that number-the man who broke baseball's color barrier in 1947: Jackie Robinson.

February is Black History Month, and our kids have been hearing a lot about Robinson's quiet dignity in the face of racial bigotry on the ball field. But what many of them are not hearing is the source of Robinson's ability to turn the other cheek: It was his faith in Jesus Christ.

Robinson was born in 1919 into a culture steeped in racism. And from early childhood it drove Robinson mad. Historian Jackson Lears, writing in the New Republic, says Robinson had "a reputation as a mad brawler, always ready to smash in the teeth of any white man who insulted him." Later, at UCLA, he gained a reputation as a thug.

But it was also at UCLA that Robinson began to encounter the forces that would free him from some of his rage. One was a nursing student named Rachel Isum, whom he later married. The other was a black minister named Karl Downs, whose hard-hitting sermons taught Robinson that Christianity was not a synonym for racial submission.

By 1945 Robinson had developed a firm conviction that God had an important purpose for his life. That purpose became clear when Robinson was summoned to the office of Branch Rickey, general manager for the Brooklyn Dodgers. Rickey was determined to make history by putting the first black player on a major league team. But first Rickey made certain Robinson understood what he would face: everything from racial epithets to physical assaults to hotel clerks refusing him accommodations.

Rickey challenged Robinson, telling him he was "looking for a ballplayer with guts enough not to fight back"-a phrase that has since become legendary.

What is less well known is that Rickey also handed Robinson a copy of a book by Giovanni Papini called The Life of Christ. And he reminded Robinson of the words of Jesus: "Resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also."

By quoting Scripture, Lears writes, Rickey "was hitting Robinson in the heart, invoking the Methodist Christianity that they shared."

Robinson's struggle began as soon as he walked out onto the ball field wearing a Dodgers uniform. During his ten years with the Dodgers, he endured racist remarks, death threats, and unfair calls by umpires. But Robinson's faith helped him keep his anger in check. Every night, he got on his knees and prayed for self-control.

"Through all the frustrations," writes Lears, "his Christianity sustained him."

Robinson left baseball in 1956 and spent the rest of his life working in the civil-rights movement. Despite personal tragedies and setbacks, Robinson's faith in Christ never wavered.

As Black History Month ends, make sure your own children learn about Jackie Robinson. But beware: Some biographies of Robinson written for children don't even mention his Christian faith. Our kids deserve to know the full story of the hero who broke baseball's color barrier.

The man whose faith helped him overcome racial prejudice to make baseball history and become a great national legend.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Believing

A young man who had been raised as an atheist was training to be an Olympic diver. The only religious influence in his life came from his outspoken Christian friend.

The young diver never really paid much attention to his friend's sermons, but he heard them often.

One night the diver went to the indoor pool at the college he attended. The lights were all off, but as the pool had big skylights and the moon was bright, there was plenty of light to practice by.

The young man climbed up to the highest diving board and as he turned his back to the pool on the edge of the board and extended his arms out, he saw his shadow on the wall. The shadow of his body was in the shape of a cross.

Instead of diving, he knelt down and asked God to come into his life. As the young man stood, a maintenance man walked in and turned the lights on.

The pool had been drained for repairs

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Beautiful Blessings

One day a very wealthy father took his son to a very humble farm home. The father wanted the son to see and apreciate everything they have. For the son was never near poverty. The father decided to spent one day and one night with his son at this very humble home. On the next day after spending the night and returning to their beautiful manssion. The father wanted to hear his son's reaction towards the educating trip.

Father: So son what do you think about the trip. Did you see how poor pleople live?

Son: Yes father.

Father: What do you think? What have you learn from this trip?

Son: I have learn that they have four dogs and we only have one. I have learn that we have a small garden and they have an entire forest. I have learn that we have a small stream on our back yard and they have a full river that has no end. I have learn that our back yard goes to the end of our property and they have an entire horizon. I have learn that we have lamps on our back yard to keep us from the dark and they have the stars.

The son continues his reply and said: Thank you father for showing me how poor we really are. We sometimes don't realize the blessings of our heavenly father. And that is why we need to be like kids in order to enter into heaven.(Luke 18:17) Lets not worry about what we have or what we need, have faith in God and he will provide.(Luke 12:22)

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Blessed Life

Thank you Lord for another day of life
Because I'm still here breathing and alive
Days have come and days have gone
And it's my pleasure to enjoy another one

No reason of opening my mouth to complain
Thus, wisdom and knowledge I may gain
Thy teachings and thy words be in my heart
From your grace I don't want to depart

I don't know if there's another day for me tomorrow
For that reason I'll have a smile now to ease the sorrow
Living my life day by day should be my motto
And be thankful not fretful for the trials I undergo

No word can ever elucidate my gratitude
And this may always be my attitude
Money can not ever buy what I have
It's called a simple but blessed life

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Break My Heart

How much can the human heart endure?
According to the world, only time can cure.
A broken heart, a crushed spirit,
If only I had followed You I never would have been in it.

Instead of obeying the instructions You gave,
I became part of the world and nurtured my sinful ways.
I gave in to the enticement of sin,
Knowing full-well that I alone could never win.

Now I deal with emotional pain,
Because of a sinful worldly game.
I'm hurt and confused! I don't know what to do,
All because i went my way and turned my back on You.

My heart is shattered, the pain is real,
Words can't express the way I feel.
My life was messed up for so many reasons,
The biggest one being spiritual treason.

I followed the world, I turned away,
A broken heart the price to pay.
I turned back to Your ways,
I took heed to Your words.

My pain and confusion You've taken away,
Now I serve You forever, as my one and only LORD.

"A RIGHTEOUS MAN MAY HAVE MANY TROUBLES, BUT THE LORD DELIVERS HIM FROM THEM ALL" Ps. 34:19

stxcobirq

In today’s

In today’s marketplace of quickly advancing technology and highly-advancing tools and techniques, it is no wonder that software looking at the shelf from the local computer store becomes quickly out-dated or will not suit your individual needs.
4pt,Camisas Ralph Lauren;mso-para-margin:0in;mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt,Zapatos Fútbol Nike 2015;mso-pagination:widow-orphan;font-size:10.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Caretaker

The gardener tends his tender foliage; the
loving mother her tiny
infant.
Nature has its seasons.
Birth, death nd life all
have their equally charted positions.
Circumstances come and go; situations
change;
era follows era.
Families love and become extended;
friends guide.
Others along our journey, place
their imprints
upon our character.
But You, Oh God, are ever-present.
All along the way, I am nurtured and
protectd by You.
You are the Guardian of my life -
the Lord Almighty.
You alone, are the Great Caretaker

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: In today’s

Class of Fear

I was sitting in the class room
ready for the day
when I noticed I was alone
and no one came my way.

No one bothered
saying "Hi"
I never bothered
to ask "why?"

As the class began,
I looked around...
I was desolate
like broken and bound.

I felt I should not be there
that I should be away...
that I should just die,
no one would care anyway.

As I turned to get the pistol
from my bag from behind,
I came across two hands
laying on top of mine.

I looked up to see a face,
shining bright and true.
I trembled as I asked,
"Is it really you?"

Jesus took my hand,
and said child I care for you...
the thing is I died in pain,
so you don't have to.

I turn to see my teacher
and then back around I spun
to see that he was gone...
and so was the gun

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Clown Faces

The following excerpt is from a book entitled "We Didn't Know They Were Angels" written by Doris W. Greig.

Dear Lord,

My little Janie cuddles in my arms and says, "Let me paint a down face on you, Mommy."

It was her own idea; no one taught her this little game but we play it often together.

She paints my face in imaginary colors and I paint hers in turn.

We play this pointless little game over and over again.

Lord, grown up people play this in their game of life, too.

They paint on a smiling face so that the world can't see their fear, sadness, defeat, misery, bitterness, and emptiness in their hearts.

Please, dear Lord, help me to see behind these grown-up clown faces show me the need of each heart that you send across my path by your Holy Spirit

And, Lord, I ask you to show me how to help them drop their clown faces and reach out to you.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Coffee and My Old Jeans

I got up this morning and threw on my favorite pair of old jeans. . .

Now, this old pair of jeans, my wife hates them. . . . .

She would have tossed them out years ago if she thought I wouldn't raise Cain over it.

You see they are pretty old and well worn. They are faded out to almost the point of being white but with just enough of a tint to know they were once blue.

They are torn and tattered, and so worn out that the denim is now as soft as a ball of cotton.

Needless to say they probably should have been tossed out years ago . . . .

But I look past the imperfections in these old jeans and find that they are still my favorites.

Well, I poured a cup of coffee, like always, and started thinking about that old pair of jeans. . . . .

then I thought about how we are just like that old pair of jeans. . .

Torn and tattered, and full of imperfections . . .

Yet somehow the Good Lord finds a way to look past all of our imperfections

and still find it in his heart to Love us.

Just a thought over coffee!

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Coffee and Shoes in the Doorway

Mrs. Durango has one rather strict rule. Everyone who lives in our house is expected to live by this rule, those that don't inevitably pay the consequences.

It's a rather simple rule, all Mrs. Durango asks is that we all take our shoes off when we come in the house and that we put them away.

This has been a standard rule around the Durango household since day one.

Now for one reason or another it seems that my 3 sons have a real problem following this simple rule.

My youngest son usually forgets the entire rule altogether, he is the one most likely to be tracking the m&d across the carpeting or the freshly cleaned kitchen floor.

But even when he does remember to remove his shoes he ends up leaving them right in front of the front door, next to his brother's shoes.

You see that's where the other 2 boys fall short of following the rule, they never put their shoes away, they leave them right in front of the doorway.

Not only do they drop their shoes there, it seems anything they bring in the house with them gets dropped there as well . . . baseball gloves, footballs, skateboards . . . anything and everything!

Well that was exactly what brought Mrs. Durango to the boiling point last night.

For quite sometime now "Mom" has been threatening to throw anything left in front of the doorway out onto the front lawn.

Last night as we were leaving the house to go to dinner "Mom" tripped over the sneakers left at the front door.

Needless to say, Mrs. Durango blew a gasket over it and holding true to her word, she threw all the shoes, sneakers, baseball gloves and everything else left in the doorway out onto the front lawn.

The boys were already outside waiting to get into the car when they saw all their stuff being tossed out onto the front lawn.

Of course they were all apologetic and said that they all had meant to put the stuff away but they just hadn't gotten around to it yet.

So this morning as I was sitting there sipping my coffee I thought about all that happened last night.

I thought about how those boys knew what the rule was . . . how they all know the consequences of NOT following the rule and how they had been warned about the idea of finding their stuff out on the front lawn.

Then I thought about how the Lord has set down certain rules for us to follow, we know them, they are all found right there in that book of guidelines called the Bible.

I thought about how us not following those rules results in us committing sin . . .

And how we have been told to remove sin from our lives, repent and sin no more.

Then I wondered how many of us are just like those boys of mine . . .

How many of us will be apologizing and saying "I meant to do that but didn't have the time" when we meet Our Lord and he says to us "I never knew you"!

Just a thought over coffee.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Coffee and the Lookin' Glass

There I was standing in front of the mirror this morning shaving and I recalled how Grandma always called the mirror a looking glass.

Now I have this terrible habit of not pronouncing the "g" when saying words ending in "ing".

So when I pronounce the words "looking glass" it comes out sounding more like "lookin glass".

Well I let the thought pass for the time being and continued shaving.

After I finished shaving I headed into the kitchen and poured myself a cup of coffee.

And as I sat there with my cup of coffee the thought of the "lookin glass" returned to me.

So I thought on this for a while and I realized that maybe a "look in glass" wouldn't be such a bad idea.

Something to make us look inside ourselves at the beginning of each and every day.

To look inside ourselves and think about what positive things we are doing to strengthen our relationship with the Lord. . . .

And what negatives we are adding that could damage our relationship with the Lord.

Well the coffee is done, and I think tomorrow I'll spend an extra minute or two in front of the mirror to use it as a "lookin glass".

Just a thought over coffee.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Follow Me...

Once upon a time, there was a man who looked upon Christmas as a lot of humbug.

He wasn't a Scrooge. He was a very kind and decent person, generous to his family, upright in all his dealings with other men. But he didn't believe all that stuff about an incarnation which churches proclaim at Christmas. And he was too honest to pretend that he did.

"I am truly sorry to distress you," he told his wife, who was a faithful churchgoer, "but I simply cannot understand this claim that God became man. It doesn't make any sense to me."

On Christmas Eve, his wife and children went to church for the midnight service. He declined to accompany them. "I'd feel like a hypocrite," he explained. "I'd much rather stay at home. But I'll wait up for you."

Shortly after his family drove away in the car, snow began to fall. He went to the window and watched the flurries getting heavier and heavier.

"If we must have a Christmas," he reflected, "it's nice to have a white one."

He went back to his chair by the fireside and began to read his newspaper. A few minutes later, he was startled by a thudding sound. It was quickly followed by another, then another. He thought that someone must be throwing snow balls at his living room window.

When he went to the front door to investigate, he found a flock of birds huddled miserably in the snow. They had been caught in the storm, and in a desperate search for shelter had tried to fly through his window.

I can't let those poor creatures lie there and freeze, he thought. But how can I help them?

Then he remembered the barn where the children's pony was stabled. It would provide a warm shelter. He quickly put on his coat and galoshes and tramped through the deepening snow to the barn. He opened the doors wide and turned on the light. But the birds didn't come in.

Food will bring them in, he thought. So he hurried back to the house for bread crumbs, which he sprinkled on the snow to make a trail into the barn. To his dismay, the birds ignored the bread crumbs and continued to flop around helplessly in the snow. He tried shooing them into the barn by walking around and waving his arms. They scattered in every direction - except into the warm, lighted barn.

"They find me a strange and terrifying creature," he said to himself, "and I can't seem to think of any way to let them know they can trust me. If only I could be a bird myself for a few minutes, perhaps I could lead them to safety."

Just at that moment, the church bells began to ring. He stood silently for a while, listening to the bells pealing the glad tidings of Christmas. Then he sank to his knees in the snow.

"Now I understand," he whispered. "Now I see why you had to do it''

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Daddy, You Were

Daddy, you were there,
When I fell and scraped my knee.
You were also there
To part the Red Sea.

Daddy, you were there,
When my dog passed away.
You told me who to call,
Because you knew what they would say.

Daddy, you were there,
So very long ago,
To guide Moses to Egypt,
To let Your people go.

Daddy, you're always here,
With me everyday,
Though I may not acknowledge you like I should,
And pray.

But Daddy, you were there,
So very long ago,
When you sent your son to die for me,
So that I may one day be free.

Daddy, I am humbled,
In every single way,
When I think of your majesty,
And how I sometime push you away.

So Daddy, I'd like to let you know,
That from this very day,
I pledge to help your kingdom grow,
Just please make a way.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Dear Jesus

Dear Jesus, It's me again I'm down on my knees praying to you for forgiveness. My life has been miserable since I left you. I have done some terrible things. I hope and pray that you'll ask God our Father to forgive me. I never want to see or hear from the Devil again.

He has talked me into hating, to cheat, steal,use foul language, drink,and among some terrible things that I can't mention. You all ready know what I done out in sin. I want to be a true Christian. I want others to see my Light shine for you Jesus.

Happiness is what I want. A Christian home again. I want to go to Heaven to wear a white robe and live by the still waters that flow with Milk and Honey. Where I will never hurt or cry no more. Jesus please help me with my battle with the Devil. I'm so sorry for every Sin that I've ever done. I want to serve the Lord until the day I die.

I accept Jesus as my Personal Savior. I know he died and rose again I know he Loves me and I love him with all my Heart. Jesus I love you please forgive me in Jesus name I pray AMEN

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Deceived

Oh! So red what a tempting delight
death now comes in a single bite
knowledge he now promised her
never being the same as they were

the garden now seen in a distance
no longer a beautiful perfect existence
oh! why did she believe his lies
many times she asked herself why

the bite changed all that began
for no longer lived a sinless man
now sent out of the garden to live
no longer the fruit of love to give

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Decision

I made a decision today
I exercised my greatest gift
and I found my greatest flaw

it was my greatest ability that
I chose to do something
it was my greatest flaw that
I chose to do something

I said "I will do this thing"
and God said "Think carefully before you do"
and I said "but I can do it, I have the choice"
and God said "Yes, but think carefully before you do"

I did the thing
and later regretted it

I found my greatest gift to be my greatest flaw
what a paradox am I!

And God spoke his Word
and I found my greatest gift
can bless the Biggest Heart
God's Heart

For with my greatest gift
I choose to worship him
The one thing that God alone can not do for himself
and that responsibility is in my hands

So I said "I will do this thing"
and God said "Think carefully before you do"
and I said "but I have thought carefully and I choose to follow you"
and God said "Yes, but to whom much is given, much more is required"

So with my greatest gift I can do something that God himself can't do
or with my greatest gift I can destroy another life
The Decision is mine

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Did Jesus Use A Modem At The Sermon On The Mount?

Did Jesus use a modem

At the Sermon on the Mount?

Did He ever try a broadcast fax

To send His message out?

Did the disciples carry beepers

As they went about their route?

Did Jesus use a modem

At the Sermon on the Mount?

Did Paul use a Laptop

With lots of RAM and ROM?

Were his letters posted on a BBS

At Paul.Rome.Com?