• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Just sharing.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Made New

Just like an old doll that nobody wants,
with blinded eyes and crumbly stalks!

Discarded, forgotten, left all alone!
Lost in a corner; never touched; face of stone!

I was that old doll, feeling no one cared!
Eyes blinded by tears, heart broken and scared.

The worlds closing in, sucking each breath I drew.
I thought I was useless; I felt my life through.

Life seemed so cold, so bitter, so cruel;
Ending it now, seemed all I could do!

As I raised the hand that would claim my fate,
I heard a lloud Voice shouting, "I love you, Please wait"

"I'll take your old herat and make it like new!
I'll wipe your tears, and I'll be your new shoes"

"I'll not forget you; I'll always be near!
Just reach out and touch Me; I'm waiting, I'm here!"

"I'll be your shelter when the strom winds blow!
I'll dress you in Armor; paint a face that will glow!"

I fell to my knees, body trembling with shame!
Cried out to the Lord, my heartaches and pain!

The dark clouds are gone, replaced by Light!
My eyes now all clear, I have a New Sight!

My emptiness now filled with Love and New Hope!
With God as my Bunker, this world, I can cope

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Maillet

During serving the Lord, the problem of sin entered in. Inner turmoil abounde, a gulf between fellow Christians and the backslider occurred. Rejection by Gods' people granted us alienation, the one's you'de expect to stick by.

We are now on our own. Angers power placed us on a path where the light was quenched. The old nature opened its arms to us, regretably, we did the same. Destruction is within, longing to be back on the path of the Lord - He seems so far away. we're now alone.

While having a few drinks of wine, I look back and remember. Walking with the Lord, there was nothing to interfere. But something happened. My focus on Christ disappeared. My eyes filled with darkness, looking at the so-called Christianity. I then take another drink.

There is a way out, it will be figured out. With the guidance of the Lord, I will be renewed once again.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Mama, Why Am I Black?

Cleve Francis, M.D.,is a practicing cardiologist and well-known country-western singer. At the age of twelve, however, he had no idea that he would be either.

About the embark on his teenage years, Cleve became keenly aware of the inequality of being poor and black. Though his family was religious, he began to wonder if God was punishing him for something.

One day, while walking with his mother on her daily seven mile trip through steaming heat to the "big house" where she was maid, he asked, "Mama, why am I black ?"

His mother replied, "God is a good God. He made the heavens and the earth. He made the great mountains, rivers, and oceans. He made all living creatures and He made you. He gave you a beautiful black color. God make no mistakes, Cleve. You were put here on this earth for a purpose and you must find it. "

Cleve was instantly filled with joy and a sense of purpose and belonging. And with this new perspective on life, he began seeking in earnest to find his purpose.

How 'bout us ?

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Memo From God

To: YOU
Date: TODAY
Subject: YOURSELF
Reference: LIFE I am God.

Today I will be handling all of your problems.
Please remember that I do not need your help.

If life happens to deliver a situation to you that you cannot handle, do not
attempt to resolve it.
Kindly put it in the SFGTD (something for God to do) box.
It will be addressed in My time, not yours.

Once the matter is placed into the box, do not hold on to it.
If you find yourself stuck in traffic; Don't despair.
There are people in this world for whom
driving is an unheard of priviledge.

Should you have a bad day at work;
Think of the man who has been out of work for years.

Should you despair over a relationship gone bad;
Think of the person who has never known
what it's like to love and be loved in return.

Should you grieve the passing of another weekend;
Think of the woman in dire straits,
working twelve hours a day, seven days a week to feed her children.

Should your car break down, leaving you
miles away from assistance;
Think of the paraplegic who would love the
opportunity to take that walk.

Should you notice a new gray hair in the mirror;
Think of the cancer patient in chemo who
wishes she had hair to examine.

Should you find yourself at a loss and
pondering what is life all about, asking what is my purpose?
Be thankful. There are those who didn't
live long enough to get the opportunity.

Should you find yourself the victim of
other people's bitterness, ignorance, smallness or insecurities;
Remember, things could be worse.
You could be them!!!!

Should you decide to send this to a friend; You might brighten someone's day!

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My Journey Through Grief

The year was 1990. It was the 12th of June and our 27 year old son, Brian, had just passed away. For 2 years he had fought, and finally lost, a courageous battle against brain cancer. Up until the moment he died I had prayed and believed he would be healed. I wouldn't let myself think otherwise. And now he was gone. It was like a nightmare. But one from which I knew I would never wake up.

We had been at the hospital all night. By the time we got home we were emotionally and physically exhausted. I tried to rest, but sleep wouldn't come. All I could do was lie there and think. All the events of the last few hours kept invading my mind. From the moment I realized something was wrong, and Brian might really die. To the last moment when his breathing began to slow to "normal". And with that came hope that he was going to live after all. But instead, his breathing gradually slowed until it ceased altogether and he was gone.

Memories of the last few hours flooded my mind. Images of those who came to visit. The looks of sorrow and disbelief that covered their faces. "Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound...," the faint words of a hymn we sang to Brian rang inside my head. "I'll not be defeated..." another hymn, Brian's favorite, trailed in my mind. The way he looked, his body lifeless as if in a coma. Except for his breathing which was deep and labored. I wanted to stop the memories but couldn't. I wanted to scream, but wouldn't. And yet I felt the peace of God wrap around me like a baby being wrapped in a soft, warm blanket.

In the days that followed, I would often seek the comfort I needed by reading the Bible. Especially the Psalms. "They that sow in tears shall reap in joy" Ps.126:5. And my favorite: "Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints" Ps. 116:15 would comfort me. With the overwhelming peace of God, surrounding me. I felt the arms of God upholding me. I felt comforted and I wanted to share that comfort with others. Yes I grieved but I didn't allow my grief to go too deep. I began to feel strong and proud of the fact that I was doing so well. I realized later that I wasn't allowing myself to grieve. If I had, it would have hurt too much. I wouldn't have been able to keep up the facade of being the strong one of the family.

One day as I was reading scripture. I opened the Bible to 2 Corinthians 1:4, and the words "Comfort others with the same comfort you have been given" jumped out at me. I felt the overwhelming presence of God. It was as though He was speaking that scripture right to me. It was so awesome that I started crying. I felt it was confirmation from God that He wanted me to minister to others who were grieving. The desire to minister became so strong I was certain I
could start ministering to others immediately. I was sure God would fill my mouth with just the right words to say to those who were needing comfort. But in my zeal to minister, I would try to do it in under my own power and wouldn't know what to say. I began to doubt God wanted me to minister at all.

After several months of praying and crying out to God "please give me guidance and direction and show me how you want me to minister", I found God had other plans for me. He wanted to teach me a few things before trusting me with His ministry.

I discovered He knew me better than I knew myself. I started grieving, gut wrenching, agonizing, deep grieving. For a year and a half, a day wouldn't go by without tears flowing almost every time I thought about Brian. I couldn't understand why I was grieving so hard and no longer felt Gods comforting arms around me. I cried out to God, "Where are you?", "Why am I grieving so much?", and, "How can I testify and minister to others when I am grieving like this?" I began sharing with various friends & family members but never seemed to get the answers I so desperately needed. I thought a grief recovery support group might be what I needed but I was afraid to go alone. "Besides", I told myself, "I don't want to attend one where I'm not sure that God is included in the therapy". So I didn't go at all.

I also felt deep pain for my daughter-in-law and four young grandsons who were having a worse time than I was, coping with the loss of their husband & father. She and Brian had given their hearts to the Lord during his illness but after his death she had walked away from God and church. I wondered if she would have "fallen through the cracks" if there had been a ministry in our church which would reach out to the widowed. I had so many questions and no answers, just more pain and grief.

Then one day as I was waiting on God and crying out to him again, He answered me. It was a very humbling and uncomfortable answer. He told me He had lifted His comfort from me because I was taking the credit for being strong, and that my strength was and always had been in Him. Without Him I was weak. Then He showed me that, in order to minister to others who were grieving I must experience the same pain and grief they were going through. And, everyone has to go through the process of grieving before they can begin to heal. I was no exception.

From that point on, I began the healing process. I read all I could about grieving and I sought the fellowship of others who had been through similar experiences. I no longer tried to do it all on my own. God used others to minister to me before He used me to minister to others.

I was ready to listen, and God showed me what He wanted me to do and how He wanted me to minister to others. I learned one of the best ways to begin the healing process in my own life was to minister to others who were hurting. Out of that experience was birthed a grief recovery support group in our church, and involvement in furthering the existing ministry for the widows. It hasn't always been easy to minister, but I have learned when God is in control "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me".

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My Junk Room

A third knock sounded on the old worn door. I stumbled through the dark, tripping over things and making a lot of noise. "Hold on I am coming. Just wait a second" I shouted. I felt along the cold wall and finally found the door handle. Grasping it I flung open the door and found a man standing there. My eyes adjusted to the light from outside and I squinted to look him in the face. "Cleaning service..." he spoke "Ah, yes, yes, good." I shook his hand.

He looked around and saw the area that the light from outside revealed. He didn't smile or frown but simply looked at me and waited for instructions. "I've tried everything, sir, everything I could think of but nothing worked. You are my last hope. I can't even get the lights to come on." I mumbled "ah, well then that's where we start. The lights..."

He walked over to the wall, placed his hand on it, and walked twenty paces. "Your lucky you called me, son. I am the only one who knows where the light is." he said as he flicked them on. The room was suddenly ablaze with light and now with everything in full view I realize just how messy this place was. I kicked a piece of junk and sighed.

"Well...?" I asked him, expecting him to start working.
"What else?" he asked.
"Well the lights are on but I want all this junk out of here"

He nodded and once again went to work. He started clearing away the pile of dusty junk that littered the floor. He threw out the things that had seemed important at one time but not anymore. He trashed all the things I knew needed to be thrown out but never ended up doing it. He cleaned up all the things that had seemed to have built up through the years. Then he came to me again. "What about the locked metal box along the wall?"

"What metal box?"

He led me to a large metal box locked many times. I instantly gave him permission to open the locks which he strangely had the keys for. The locks clicked and the door squeaked as he opened it. I saw what it contained and suddenly wanted it shut again.

"What is this?" he asked.
"Well, technically that's junk but I like it and I think I want to keep it. I really like it."
"But it is junk and if you want this place truly clean its gotta be thrown out"
"But I want to keep it"

He looked at me as if in waiting for a response.
"Fine" I sighed, "Take it"

He smiled and it was gone in a few seconds, box and all. With that he moved on and was finished with the whole building in a few hours. The metal shined and the floors glistened. The whole place looked great. When he was finished he once again came to me.

"Well I am done with that. is that all?"
"Uh...I guess. was there something else you wanted to do?"
"If you want I can do a few more extra things."
"Well ok. But don't take too long", I said.

Instantly he was once again at work. He opened a small office and stuck a tape in the sound systems tape deck. Soft, flighty music floated through the air. He came in and out a few times carrying plants and other decorative items. He opened the windows and let the musty air filter out. He went to the back and opened long hidden cages and suddenly sparrows and butterflies were flying around the ceiling. The whole atmosphere was different. He came to me once again.

"Now that makes it much better."
"Yes, yes, I love it." I laughed
"One more thing..."
"Yes?"
"I was wondering if I could stay here. that way I could keep it clean and you wouldn't have to worry about it" "Stay here?" I said amazed, "Uh I don't think that is possible I like my privacy and I think I can keep it clean by myself from now on"

"You said yourself that I was your last hope and if I remember correctly you couldn't even find the lights and without me all that junk will slowly find its way back in here. I thought for a moment and then gave in and said, "Fine you can stay here and keep it clean."

He smiled and nodded in thanks. He went into the office and started setting up a bed. I watched him for a moment in awe. "Sir," I said, "I never got your name..."

He turned and stared at me. A smile once again formed across his face and he seemed to choose his words carefully. "I am known by many names and have cleaned many places, and I will show you where you can find them..." he laughed, laying his hand on my shoulder.

With a start I suddenly awoke. I must have fallen asleep. my Bible, long unread, sat in my lap. I looked down and found the pages had flipped to Revelations. In amazement I read 3:20. Then deep in a dark junk filled room in my heart I heard someone knocking on its door.

I knew who that man in my dream was. He was Jesus and he was longing to come in and clean my junk filled room. So right there in the middle of the room of students I bowed my head and asked Him to be my cleaner. My Soul Cleaner.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My Lord

My passion is, that it must be you Lord.
All of my footsteps
tread on your pathway.
You are the breath
that fills this body.
Your Spirit pours through me
like the sun.
I must be known, only of you.
For all that I am dwells in you.
Show me yourself in every way,
for as a lover longs for her
union with passionate desire,
so I long for you.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My True Best Friend

I couldn't believe I was here... I couldn't believe this was happening to me. I just stared there looking at my Best friend of 5 years, laying in a casket. She died on Halloween 1996. She had just turned 16. I didn't know it then but it was the beginning to a whole new era although feeling like the end. My older sister went to the visitation with me.

Since Andrea was always at our house they too had become friends. She walked up there with me to see her. I kept thinking to myself no way this is real...I just talked to her yesterday and heard her laughing. I remember looking at her smiling face. It hit me then how precious life is..how your here one minute then gone the next.

She was driving and lost control boom she was instantaneously out of this world, and out of my life. Andrea was a daughter of a preacher in our town..she had a love for the Lord, but was kinda rebellious. I kept thinking what must her parents be going through.

Practically our whole high school was there, we were juniors. I kept telling my sister I cant believe I lost my Best friend...who will I turn to now?? What good could ever come of this?? How will I go on??

I am now a Christian, I owe most of it due to the fact that I realized how precious life is, how fast we can be taken. I didn't want it to be too late for me. I wanted to lay my head down at night and now if the LORD were to come right now that I would be saved I knew I had to make my life right. In a letter I wrote to my sister..now in the military and away from home...

Sissy, I just wanted to thank you for being there for me at the worst time in my life. Nobody was there for me but you. The whole time I was morning and said.. over losing my best friend I had realized I hadn't just lost a Best Friend, but I realized who my true best friend really is..... You. Love, Nikki Don't wait till its too late....We are here today...gone tomorrow

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Keep Going You're Almost There

This past summer, I attended "Welcome Week" at MSU with a
few of my friends.

My friends and I were walking the strip on our way back to the
car when a random guy stopped us in the middle of the sidewalk.
His pupils were huge, his face red and he was sweating like a
mad man. "Just keep going, you're almost there!", he shouted at
us. It was with such excitement that he couldn't be ignored.

"Almost where?", we asked. He replied with that same excitement,
"Congratulations, you made it!"

It became apparent that the man was on some type of drug.
He proceeded to tell us he knew all of our names and had met us
before (even though with names like 'Jonesy and Leisel' he was
completely off). He stated that he knew me personally as Sarah
from Cambodia. We laughed and wished the guy a good night as we
kept on to our car.

It took months for me to look at the whole situation as more
than a mere inside joke between a group of friends. It took
months to recognize this moment for what it was,
rather than just a funny story to be told to get a few laughs.

I am fifteen years old. I have already struggled through being
witness to an abusive relationship between my parents, the death
of a few friends due to drunk driving, being raped and
experimenting with too many drugs. Just recently I realized I
had lost my love for life entirely. Even more so, I lost the
love and respect for myself.

"Just keep going, you're almost there."

I think I know now what that man was truly telling me. I think
I understand now why such a random thing would happen on such a
random night. I know now that not everything is as meaningless
as most people make them out to be.

Lately I've been struggling with rediscovering the love for myself
and for my life. I've been losing many friends, making many
enemies and dealing with a lot of confusion, heartbreak and
betrayal.

It's all to get that love back, and I know someday it will be
worth it.

It's hard to fight with yourself to blossom into the person
you are meant to be; the person meant to shine through
mediocrity and discontentment. It's hard to find the will to
move on after a heartbreak, a let down and a tragedy.

But keep going. You're almost there.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My View of Heaven

Have you ever thought long and hard about what heaven is going to be like? Have you ever really contemplated the concept of eternity? It can really make your head spin. With all of that time in heaven, don't you think God is going to make it so that we're not looking at our watches?

Talking about what heaven is going to be like, Walt Leaver once said, "God created the world in six days and we think it's a pretty good place to be. Just think. He's been working on heaven for 2,000 years!"

I've heard of Christians on earth being compared to babies in the womb. We, like the unborn, have everything we need here on earth. Food, shelter, warmth. But there's so much more waiting for us on the outside! So much more to experience!

Jesus gives us a brief teaser about heaven in John 14.

"In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am." -- John 14:2-3

Jesus is preparing a place for you and me. Isn't that exciting?!!

I think of all the wonderful things I've experienced on Earth. I try to imagine wrapping them all together. It's hard to imagine Jesus preparing a place where every day would be as good as this:

I start the day early after a sound slumber. I put a couple of logs on the fire and walk outside of my log cabin. I put on my waders and fly-fish in a mist-covered stream as the sun rises over the Tetons. After catching 12 of the biggest rainbow trout ever created, my sixth-grade teacher, "Buzzy" Neil, asks me to come over to his cabin for scrambled eggs, fried biscuits, blackberry jam and freshly squeezed orange juice.

After breakfast, it's time for baseball. We begin the first game of a doubleheader. It's Overton vs. MBA. I'm pitching head-to-head against R.A. Dickey. We end up winning both games in the bottom of the ninth. I hit a three-run homer in the second game to give us the win that sends us to the state tournament.

After the games we all head to my grandparents' house. Granny fixes mashed potatoes and gravy, lima beans, fresh corn and roast. Cold white milk is the beverage of choice. For dessert we ride in my Chevrolet Z-71 extended cab truck to Jennifer Mankin's house for her famous chocolate cake with cool whip icing.

Horseback riding in the Tetons is the activity of the afternoon. We spot grizzly bears, mountain lions, moose, elk and my favorite animal, the bighorn sheep.

After horseback riding, Emily and I break away for a walk on the beach. The breeze is blowing ever so slightly. The smell of salt is in the air. The sun slowly disappears over the bright red and orange horizon as we walk hand-in-hand in the surf.

For dinner we head to Dreamland Bar-B-Q in Tuscaloosa. I eat two slabs of ribs and slop the sauce off my plate with a piece of white bread. I finish the meal off with an ice-cold coke in a glass bottle.

We make it to Bryant-Denny Stadium just in time for the kickoff of the Alabama-Tennessee game. The Crimson Tide rolls to a 42-0 victory. After the game we drive to my Mom and Dad's house for homemade peach ice cream.

The late-night hours find us atop Short Mountain in Woodbury, Tennessee. The temperature has dropped into the mid-50's, just cool enough for a long-sleeve t-shirt. All of my closest friends have assembled around a huge bonfire for a late-night devotional.

The singing is incredible. We sing all my favorite songs: Jesus Lover of My Soul, When Peace Like a River, He Bore it All, Heaven's Jubilee, No Tears in Heaven, Amazing Grace and Said I Wasn't. David Carrell brings a powerful message the way only he can. We spend a period of meaningful prayer by ourselves, looking skyward at hundreds of shooting stars.

After the devotional, one of my friends from high school asks about what it takes to become a Christian. After a wonderful period of Bible study, I have the honor of baptizing him into Christ.

We all climb in our sleeping bags and find a spot near the fire. The night is filled with laughter, stories and reminiscing. S'mores and hot chocolate are the 3 a.m. treat. By 4:30 a.m. the only sound is that of the fire cracking and the wind blowing through the trees.

Another day is about to begin.

As wonderful as that day sounds, doesn't it give you chill bumps to think that heaven is going to be a million times better?

I can't wait. I'm ready to go. Are you?

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Twisty Path

"Name one person in the Bible who had a simple life without
twists," I asked Puddin (my wife).

Puddin was responding to a major change that we were making in
buying a house. We were moving to an entirely different
neighborhood and not building on the property that we bought.

It was a Divine direction that I was absolutely sure about.

"Why does life have to be so twisty and why can't God just make
it simple?" was Puddin's question. It was a very good question.

I had already asked God that question.

Thus, my response, name one person whose life had any written
detail in the Bible where it was simple and clear-cut.

"John," Puddin said.

"John!!!" I replied.

John lived in the wilderness eating bugs and honey.
Puddin would have undoubtedly considered locusts bugs.

"How many grasshoppers could you eat?" I asked Puddin.
I am sure many considered John crazy because his behavior and
lifestyle were so far from the norm.

Then there was John's father Zacharias whom God made unable to
speak because he didn't believe the angel about John.
Both Zacharias and his wife Elizabeth were old,
and he just didn't believe.

Finally, John was imprisoned then he had his head cut off.
Yet Jesus said there had been none greater than John.
Don't you think John thought his path was twisty at times?

I often wonder why couldn't life be simpler.
Why couldn't all revelation be straightforward.
Why does stuff have to be cryptic?
Why the twists and turns.

Although I wonder, God has always brought us through.
Right on time, in right order, and learning the right lessons.

God will take you through the twists and turns,
if you stay on the straight and narrow.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
New Beginning

There's another way of living which is not by constant sinning.
It will bring you out brimming, because it is a "New Beginning!"
This New Beginning is a "Born Again" experience!
You can be young or, old as Methuselah.

Age doesn't matter, Just contact God the Father'
He through Jesus knows exactly what to do!
If you haven't got the "Spirit" your a Candidate!
You must have the Spirit as proof your Born Again!

This is not a "New Religion" it's a "Personal Relationship"
With God the Father through Jesus Christ His Son.
So come to God the Saviour and ask His forgiveness,
For all the wrong you've done from birth right up till now.

He not only forgives sins, He also will forget them.
Once you confess to Him there gone forever more!
Isn't it wonderful we can have a New Beginning!
Any-age/anytime Yes, He's waiting now for "YOU!"

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
No One Can Touch You Like Jesus Can

Life doesn't kiss away the pain
All the hurt you can't explain
When you're wounded by a brother.
But He takes you underneath his wings
And mends your broken wings
He can love you like no other
Like no other

No one can touch you like Jesus can
No on can give you piece you can not understand
No one can bind your wounds but nail scarred hands
No one can touch you like Jesus can.

Hands that touched the blind the lame
Are now in so much pain
From nails that truely pierced them.
But from His side flows liquid love
It was a power from up above
It brings hope and Restoration.

No one can give you piece you can not understand
No one can bind your wounds but nail scarred hands

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Our God Is An Awesome God

I know you're tired. I know you feel overwhelmed. You may feel as though this crisis, this problem, this hard time will last forever.

It won't. You are almost through.

You don't just "think" it has been hard; it has been hard. You have been tested, tried, and retested on what you have learned.

Your beliefs and your faith have been tried in fire. You have believed, then doubted, then, worked at believing some more. You have had to have faith even when you could not see or imagine what you were asked to believe. Others around you may have tried to convince you not to believe in what you were hoping you could believe.

You have had opposition. You have not gotten to this place with total support and joy. You have had to work hard, in spite of what was happening around you. Sometimes, what motivated you was anger; sometimes fear.

Things went wrong....more problems occurred than you anticipated. There were obstacles, frustrations, and annoyances en route. You did not plan on this being the way it would evolve. Much of this has been a surprise; some of it has not been at all what you desired.

Yet, it has been good. part of you, the deepest part that knows truth, has sensed this all along, even when your head told you that things were out of whack and crazy, that there was no plan or purpose, that God had forgotten you.

So much has happened, and each incident....the most painful, the most troubling, the most surprising....has a connection. You are beginning to see and sense that.

You never dreamt things would happen this way, did you? But they did. Now you are learning the secret....they were meant to happen this way, and this way is good, better than what you expected.

You didn't believe it would take this long, either...did you? But it did. You have learned patience.

You never thought you could have it, but now you know you do.

You have been led. Many were the moments when you thought you were forgotten, when you were convinced you had been abandoned. Now you know you have been guided. Now things are coming into place. You are almost at the end of this phase, this difficult portion of the journey. The lesson is almost complete. You know....the lesson, you fought, resisted, and insisted you could not learn. Yes, that one. You have almost mastered it.

You have been changed from the inside out. You have been moved to a different level, a higher level, a better level.

You have been climbing a mountain. It has not been easy, but mountain climbing is never easy. Now, you are near the top. A moment longer, and the victory shall be yours.

Steady your shoulders. Breathe deeply. Move forward in confidence and peace. The time is coming to relish and enjoy all which you have fought for. That time is drawing near, finally.

I know you have thought before that the time was drawing near, only to learn that it wasn't. But now, the reward is coming. You know that too. You can feel it.

Your struggle has not been in vain. For every struggle on this journey, there is a climax, a resolution.

Peace, joy, abundant blessings, and reward are yours here on earth. Enjoy!

There will be more mountains, but now you know how to climb them. And you have learned the secret of what is at the top......abundant life! Freedom! Everything that your heart has desired. It will all come to pass.

Remember to keep climbing to the top, don't look back. You will make it because Jesus is leading the way and has a hold on you that will never release. He will make sure that you have success. You will make it. Don't give up! And remember, I love you, but Jesus loves you so much more than I ever could

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Who says we don't exercise?

We 'jump' to conclusions
We 'throw' our weight around.
We 'twist' the truth.
We 'stretch' the lies.
We 'bend' the rules.
We 'push' our luck.
We 'lift' our egos.
We 'run' from tough situations...

We are absolutely fit !!!

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Praise The Lord Anyhow

When things seem to look dark
and just don't go your way
Praise the Lord anyhow
this is the only way.

We can't look into the future
so we don't know what tomorrow holds
we do know the Saviour guides us
that's just one promise we are told.

Since accidents don't "just happen"
to a child of the King
we can rejoice, and say hallelujah
what a blessed song to sing.

So, Praise the Lord Anyhow
when things don't go your way
just let the Saviour guide you
as you live for him, each day.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Prayers Can't Be Answered Unless They Are Prayed

Life without purpose is barren indeed

There can't be a harvest unless you plant seed There can't be attainment unless there's a goal

And man's but a robot unless there's a soul

If we send no ships out, no ships will come in

And unless there's a contest, nobody can't win

For games can't be won unless they are played

And prayers can't be answered unless they are prayed

So whatever is wrong with your life today

You'll find a solution if you kneel down and pray

Not just for pleasure, enjoyment and health

Not just for honors and prestige and wealth

But pray for a purpose to make life worth giving

And pray for the joy of unselfish giving

For great is your gladness and rich your reward

When you make your life's purpose the choice of the Lord.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Quiet Time With The Lord

So much is gained from spending
quiet time with the Lord;
I can listen to His still small voice
and feast upon His Word.
He's promised to be always with me
and take my cluttered cares away;

There is always sunshine above the clouds
each time I take to pray.
In the quiet I can reflect
on His power and endless grace;
My heart's desire looks foward to
beholding my Savior's face.

Yes, quiet time with my Lord
is an opportunity to see,
That God is gently leading
and loving me faithfully.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Redeemer

Lord- When I wake in the sunrise of your creation,remind me of you love. When I go about my day, remind me you are with me. When my sins corrode my heart, remind me of the cross. When the devil reminds me of the things I have done, Lord remind me of your forgiveness. When I don't feel like giving remind me of the Lamb who gave his life.

There are days Father that I don't want to go on, remind me of your strength. When my path doesn't seem clear and all I see are valleys remind me that you are my light. When trials come my way, remind me of your shelter. When I look the other way and your will is farthest from me, remind me of my salvation. When the world tugs at me, and call my name remind me Lord, it was you who loved me first.

When others have done evil deeds against me, remind me of my own trespasses. When I feel that I am losing the battle, remind me that you are ultimately the victor. When I feel the chains confounding my freedom remind me Lord, you are my redeemer.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Running To You

When I run to you my problems fade.
You show me light in so many ways
You make me strong when I am weak.
I run to you even in my sleep.

You show me love when I call.
Your always there when I fall.
All my problems seem to disapear.
Because your presence is so near.