• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Just sharing.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Eternal Ink

I dreamed I was in heaven

Where an angel kept God's book.

He was writing so intently

I just had to take a look.

It was not, at first, his writing

That made me stop and think

But the fluid in the bottle

That was marked eternal ink.

This ink was most amazing,

Dark black upon his blotter

But as it touched the parchment

It became as clear as water.

The angel kept on writing,

But as quickly as a wink

The words were disappearing

With that strange eternal ink.

The angel took no notice,

But kept writing on and on.

He turned each page and filled it

Till all its space was gone.

I thought he wrote to no avail,

His efforts were so vain

For he wrote a thousand pages

That he'd never read again.

And as I watched and wondered that

This awesome sight was mine,

I actually saw a word stay black

As it dried upon the line.

The angel wrote and I thought I saw

A look of satisfaction.

At last he had some print to show

For all his earnest action.

A line or two dried dark and stayed

As black as black can be,

But strangely the next paragraph

Became invisible to see.

The book was getting fuller,

The angel's records true,

But most of it was blank, with

Just a few words coming through.

I knew there was some reason,

But as hard as I could think,

I couldn't grasp the significance

Of that eternal ink.

The mystery burned within me,

And I finally dared to ask

The angel to explain to me

Of his amazing task.

And what I heard was frightful

As the angel turned his head.

He looked directly at me,

And this is what he said...

I know you stand and wonder

At what my writing's worth

But God has told me to record

The lives of those on earth.

The book that I am filling

Is an accurate account

Of every word and action

And to what they do amount.

And since you have been watching

I must tell you what is true;

The details of my journal

Are the strict accounts of YOU.

The Lord asked me to watch you

As each day you worked and played.

I saw you as you went to church,

I saw you as you prayed.

But I was told to document

Your life through all the week.

I wrote when you were proud and bold,

I wrote when you were meek.

I recorded all your attitudes

Whether they were good or bad.

I was sorry that I had to write

The things that make God sad.

So now I'll tell the wonder

Of this eternal ink,

For the reason for its mystery

Should make you stop and think.

This ink that God created

To help me keep my journal

Will only keep a record of

Things that are eternal.

So much of life is wasted

On things that matter not

So instead of my erasing,

Smudging ink and ugly blot.

I just keep writing faithfully and

Let the ink do all the rest

For it is able to decide

What's useless and what's best.

And God ordained that as I write

Of all you do and say

Your deeds that count for nothing

Will just disappear away.

When books are opened someday,

As sure as heaven is true;

The Lord's eternal ink will tell

What mattered most to you.

If you just lived to please yourself

The pages will be bare,

And God will issue no reward

For you when you get there.

In fact, you'll be embarrassed,

You will hang your head in shame

Because you did not give yourself

In love to Jesus' Name.

Yet maybe there will be a few

Recorded lines that stayed

That showed the times you truly cared,

Sincerely loved and prayed.

But you will always wonder

As you enter heaven's door

How much more glad you would have been

If only you'd done more.

For I record as God sees,

I don't stop to even think

Because the truth is written

With God's eternal ink.

When I heard the angel's story

I fell down and wept and cried

For as yet I still was dreaming

I hadn't really died.

And I said: O angel tell the Lord

That soon as I awake

I'll live my life for Jesus-

I'll do all for His dear sake.

I'll give in full surrender;

I'll do all He wants me to;

I'll turn my back on self and sin

And whatever isn't true.

And though the way seems long and rough

I promise to endure.

I'm determined to pursue the things

That are holy, clean and pure.

With Jesus as my helper,

I will win lost souls to Thee,

For I know that they will live with Christ

For all eternity.

And that's what really matters

When my life on earth is gone

That I will stand before the Lord

And hear Him say, well done.

For is it really worth it

As my life lies at the brink?

And I realize that God keeps books

With His eternal ink.

Should all my life be focused

On things that turn to dust?

From this point on I'll serve the Lord;

I can, I will, I must!

I will NOT send blank pages

Up to God's majestic throne

For where that record's going now

Is my eternal home.

I'm giving all to Jesus

I now have seen the link

For I saw an angel write my life

With God's eternal ink.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Fellowship Of The Unashamed

I am part of the "Fellowship of the Unashamed."

I have Holy Spirit power. The die has been cast.
I've stepped over the line. The decision has been made.
I am a disciple of His.
I won't look back, let up, slow down, back away, or be still.

My past is redeemed, my present makes sense,
and my future is secure.

I am finished and one with low living, sight walking, small planning,
smooth knees,colorless dreams,
tame visions, mundane talking , chintzy giving, and dwarfed goals!
I no longer need preeminence, prosperity,
position, promotions, plaudits, or popularity.

I don't have to be right, first, tops, recognized, praised,
regarded, or rewarded. I now live by presence, learn by faith,
love by patience, live by prayer, and labor by power.

My face is set, my gait is fast, my goal is heaven,
my roadis narrow,
my way is rough, my companions few, my guide reliable, my mission clear.

I cannot be bought, compromised, detoured,
lured away, turned back, diluted, or delayed.

I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the
presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy,
ponder at the pool of popularity,
or meander in the maze of mediocrity.

I am a disciple of Jesus.

I Won't give up, Shut up, Let go, Slow up
until I've preached up, Prayed up, Paid up, Stored up,
and Stayed up for the cause of Christ.

I must go till He comes, give till I drop, preach till all know,
and work till He stops.
And when He comes to get His own,
He'll have no problems
recognizing me...my colors will be clear.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Fired Up For Jesus

I'm fired up for Jesus,
want to follow in his steps.
To join the war on satan,
keeping him in fiery depths.

Come along and join with us,
and light the fire within.
A battle well worth the fight,
to defeat satan and conquer sin.

To see sin and satan fallen,
would be a wondrous sight.
So get fired up for Jesus,
And join us in this fight

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Two Ways to Live
========================
There are two ways to live your life.

One is as though nothing is a miracle.

The other is as though everything is a miracle.

~Albert Einstein~

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Seeking

As we start a new year, it’s a wonderful time to think about steps we can take to seek God and trust Him more. Here are a few ideas:

▪ Pick a Scripture and read it daily each week, asking God to help you live in light of it.
▪ Commit or recommit to daily Bible reading. Don’t let Satan discourage you through comparisons against what others do. Start small if you need to--even a quick 2-minute reading is a beginning. View it like you do physical food--somehow, we make time to eat, even if it’s a quick bite on the go.
▪ Write a Scripture out and put it in your pocket, rereading it throughout the day.
▪ Put Scripture verses up over your light switches or some other place you look frequently as reminders.
▪ Make sure you’re in Christian fellowship/have spiritual accountability.
▪ Memorize Scripture. Again, start small if you need to.
▪ Choose to consciously praise.
▪ Whatever area God has brought to your attention, take the first step to respond, trusting Him to show the next one.

Know that as you take steps to seek God more, the enemy will try to discourage you. Don’t let him. Let each failure serve to drive you back to the cross and remind you of your great Savior who claimed all your sin as His own and freely gave you His righteousness. Remember the Christian walk is a battle--but Jesus has already won the victory. Choose to trust Him and take steps to obey what He says in His Word. Babies don’t start running without first learning to stand, toddle, and then walk. But imagine how sad it would be if a baby gave up after the first fall, discouraged because he couldn’t run!

“And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.” Jeremiah 29:13

“But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:” Ephesians 4:15

“But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.” Hebrews 5:14

SockPuppet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today's Forecast

Due to some underhanded situations at work, I lost my job.

I had to refer to my favorite scripture that says,
"Weeping may endure for a night, but joy will come in the
morning." So 3:00am the morning after I received my termination
notice, I began to write this...

Today's Forecast

Awakened from a slumber, you rise and pray,
"Lord let today be better than yesterday."

For yesterday brought humidity, clouds, and/or rain,
Some were clear, others brought with them pain.

Humidity where situations to handle alone were just too hot,
Yet you wrestled with the idea of giving them to God or not.

Storm clouds are going to rise, that's nothing, we can get by,
The only way through them is by giving God a try.

Rain will fall; it's not unusual that it may last long.
Don't forget, trials come only to make you strong.

To God always remain true,
Remember Kin g David said, "Cast all your cares upon the Lord
For He cares for you."

Humidity, clouds, and/or rain, sun, snow or dew,
What will today's forecast be for you?

Peace be with you, May the Lord smile upon you, May the Lord turn his face to you and give you peace.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Taking Steps

I just can’t do it, Priscilla thought to herself yet again. Her friends ran marathons, bench pressed, and did other valiant physical feats, but she just couldn’t. She wasn’t happy about her weakness, but there didn’t seem to be much she could do about it either.

Every week she went to a class at the gym. She studied how to exercise. But then she went back home, and life surrounded her. A thousand things demanded her attention, and somehow, exercise just slipped into the background.

She finally forced herself to go for a walk after dinner. But her mind was not on the walk, and her feet only mechanically went through the motions.

One day she casually confessed to a friend how little she felt she exercised. Her friend’s response surprised her. “Do you really want to get in shape, Priscilla?”

The question took Priscilla by surprise. “Of course I want to,” she stated, a tad sharper than necessary.

Her friend raised her eyebrows. “Well, then, you know what to do.”

“I do?” Priscilla asked in confusion.

Her friend smiled. “Of course you do. If you want to get in shape, you begin exercising. You take the first steps, even if they seem small to you. And you keep at it, refusing to give up when it’s not easy. Priscilla dear, don’t settle for the shape you’re in now—take steps to get where you want to be.”

"But I don't know what steps to take," Priscilla argued. Even as she said it, though, she blushed with embarrassment. Her father was an Olympic trainer--she'd only to ask him, and he'd show her exactly what to do and help her.

In fact, he'd written down instructions already...she'd just been ignoring them. She didn't really have any excuses; she just needed to begin.

“And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.” 2 Peter 1:5-8

“If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained. But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness.

For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.” 1 Timothy 4:6-8

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Five More Minutes [/B

The radio blaring startled me awake. Just five more minutes, I told myself, as I banged around on the headboard and finally found the snooze button.

Four times, I said just five more minutes, only my snooze alarm is random, it goes off at intervals every where from five to nine minutes. Suddenly it was 33 minutes later than I was supposed to get up and I was in a panic. The rest of the day was thrown off kilter because of just five more minutes.

I haven't decided if the snooze button is a great invention or a curse. I know it impacts me, because I'll play mind games with it. I'll set my alarm ten minutes early because, I can "sneak" a few extra minutes of sleep in when it goes off.

The quality of the sleep isn't very good, but it seems so much better because it is some sleep I've managed to "steal". Truth be known, I would have slept better if I had set the alarm for the right time and simply got up with it.

I wondered this morning how often God had been calling me and I hit my internal snooze button instead. Just wait a little longer God, just a little longer, just a little longer. Suddenly I'm running way behind and I missed out on the opportunity to listen or to serve.

God puts someone on my heart and says give them a call or drop them a note. Okay God, just as soon as I .... and then it's weeks later. I find out that in the interim they had been going through a crisis time and really could have used some encouragement.

We all do it. I think I do it less now than I used to earlier in my walk, but I'm far from perfect. I'm so glad He is a loving, patient and merciful God.

He's used to people putting other things ahead of time with Him or in obedience to Him.

As Jesus and his disciples were on their way, he came to a village where a woman named Martha opened her home to him. She had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet listening to what he said. But Martha was distracted by all the preparations that had to be made. She came to him and asked, "Lord, don't you care that my sister has left me to do the work by myself? Tell her to help me!"

"Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her. Luke 10:38-42 NIV

Martha would have made time after the house was perfect. The disciples in the Garden of Gethsemane would have prayed with Jesus after a little nap.

When will you make time to listen and obey?

Until next time, may you take the time with Him instead of playing games with life's snooze alarm.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Funny How

THINK ABOUT THESE STATEMENTS...

Funny how a $20 bill looks so big when you take it to church, but so small when you take it to the market.

Funny how long it takes to serve God for an hour, but how quickly a team plays a 60 minutes of basketball.

Funny how long a couple of hours spent at church are, but how short they are when watching a movie.

Funny how we can't think of anything to say when we pray, but don't have difficulty thinking of things to talk about to a friend.

Funny how we get thrilled when a baseball game goes into extra innings, but we complain when a sermon is longer than the regular time.

Funny how hard it is to read a chapter in the bible, but how easy it is to read 100 pages of a best selling novel.

Funny how people want to get a front seat at any game or concert, but scramble to get a back seat at church services.

Funny how we need 2 or 3 weeks advance notice to fit a church event into our schedule, but can adjust our schedule for other events at the last moment.

Funny how hard it is for people to learn a simple gospel well enough to tell others, but how simple it is for the same people to understand and repeat gossip.

Funny how we believe what the newspaper say, but question what the bible says.

Funny how everyone wants to got to heaven provided they do not have to believe, or to think, or to say or to do anything.

Funny how you can send a thousand "jokes" through e-mail and they spread like wildfire, but when you start sending messages regarding the Lord, people think twice about sharing.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Gift of God

A young man was getting ready to graduate from college. For many months he had admired a beautiful sports car in a dealer's showroom, and knowing his father could well afford it, he told him that was all he wanted.

As Graduation Day approached, the young man awaited signs that his father had purchased the car. Finally, on the morning of his graduation, his father called him into his private study. His father told him how proud he was to have such a fine son, and told him how much he loved him. He handed his son a beautifully wrapped gift box.

Curious, and somewhat disappointed, the young man opened the box and found a lovely, leather-bound Bible, with the young man's name embossed in gold. Angry, he rose his voice to his father and said "with all your money, you give me a Bible?" and stormed out of the house.

Many years passed and the young man was very successful in business. He had a beautiful home and wonderful family, but realized his father was very old, and thought perhaps he should go to him. He had not seen him since that graduation day. Before he could make arrangements, he received a telegram telling him his father had passed away, and willed all of his possessions to his son. He needed to come home immediately and take care of things.

When he arrived at his father's house, sudden sadness and regret filled his heart. He began to search through his father's important papers and saw the still gift-wrapped Bible, just as he had left it years ago. With tears, he opened the Bible and began to turn the pages. His father had carefully underlined a verse, Matt.7:11, "And if ye, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more shall your Heavenly Father which is in Heaven, give [good things] to those who ask Him?"

As he read those words, a car key dropped from the back of the Bible. It had a tag with the dealer's name, the same dealer who had the sports car he had desired. On the tag was the date of his graduation, and the words PAID IN FULL.

How many times do we miss God's blessings because we can't see past our own desires???

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
God Said... I Said

GOD SAID: Nice touch.

I SAID: Thanks. But...what are we talking about?

That WWJD bracelet you're wearing.

Oh. Yeah. I've got five.

I know. You can match 'em with just about anything in your closet can't you?

Yeah. Cool, huh?

You've got a pretty good collection.

Yep.

Too bad it's not more.

Well I'll get a few more-eventually. After all they do cost.

No, I'm not talking about adding more bracelets to your collection. But you're right-there is a cost involved.

Uh oh. I've got a feeling we're not on the same page, are we, God?

Nope.

Look, I'm kind of in a hurry, Lord. So if You have something to say, could you just say it?

I already have.

Guess I didn't catch it.

Let's go through it again okay? Check out 1 John 2:4-5.

Uh. All right. Gimmie a sec.

It's under your bed.

What?

Your Bible.

How'd you know that's what I was look-

I'm God, remember? I know everything.

Oh, yeah. Okay here we go: "Someone may say, 'I am a Christian; I am on my way to heaven; I belong to Christ.' But if he doesn't do what Christ tells him to, he is a liar. But those who do what Christ tells them to will learn to love God more and more. That is the way to know whether or not you are a Christian." So...lay it on me, God. What are you saying?

I'm saying it sure would be nice if that WWJD bracelet you're wearing was more than a fashion statement. But if it were....it would cost.

Hey, wait a sec! I'm not just wearing this as a fad! I know what it stands for. I believe in it.

Believing in a phrase....and living the lifestyle are two different things.

I'm listening.

Well, to really live out the WWJD lifestyle may cost you some dates.

Guys?

And maybe some friends.

The girls?

And maybe your time.

My TV shows?

WWJD means asking yourself "What would Jesus do" before anything and everything you do.

Well, yeah...technically.

Excuse me?

I mean, yeah...we all know what the letters stand for. But...

But to take it seriously. I mean to actually ask ourselves that question...well, that would change everything -or at least a lot! Check out 1 John 2:6.

Okay. Got it right here. "Anyone who says he is a Christian should live as Christ did" Hmmm.

So what's it gonna be? A fashion statement or a lifestyle backed with commitment?

But, God, I'm not sure You really understand, If I truly asked what You do..well, You probably wouldn't go to the movie I'm gonna see this Friday with Brian.

Not that particular one; no.

And you probably wouldn't want me hanging out with Kari as much.

She shoplifts. And since you're not doing anything to confront her or trying to introduce her to Me, she's pulling you down, Yeah I'd like you to quit spending so much time with her.

God, If I start asking myself that question...

If you don't, and you continue to wear that bracelet you're a phony.

That's harsh don't You think?

Read my words again. The ones in 1 John 2:4. Read the last part of the verse.

"But if he doesn't do what Christ tells him to, he is a liar" Ouch.

Yes...ouch. I died for those words.

I know.

I also died to give you the power you need to put those words into practice.

I'm not that strong, God.

I know. I made you, remember? I realize you're weak. I know your temptations. But I can equip you with everything you need to become all you need to be.

You know what this means, don't you? There maybe be Friday nights I'm home alone.

No, not alone. I've promised to never leave you. I would love to spend this Friday night with you.

Is this for real?

So I shed my real blood.

But....Friday night...alone with GOD?

Oh, my child, the things I want to do in your life. The dreams I want to give you! The vision I want to create with you. I have so much in store for you, your mind couldn't comprehend it if I told you everything right now.

Wow. For me? That's kind of exciting!

For you. You're that special. I dream big dreams for you.

I'm pretty good at dreaming too, God.

Yes you are. But My dreams are even bigger then your Imagination! Check out Ephesians 3:20.

Okay, here it is: "Now glory be to GOD who by his mighty power at work within us in able to do far more than we would ever dare or even dream of beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, or hopes."

And what about Jeremiah 29:11?

Old Testament. Got it. "For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. They are plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope"

Wow.

My child, I love you way too much to let you slide. It hurts me to watch you settle for WWJD being mere piece of fabric wrapped around your wrist when it's meant to be much more.

I'm sorry, Father, I never really thought about it.

You see, I went through more torture than you can even fathom....just so you could live WWJD instead of simply wear it.

That is a lot to swallow.

And I did it because I love you,

But Father, I don't deserve love that great.

And you know what? If you had been the only person in the entire world, I still would have gone through the crucifixion just for you.

Jesus, will You forgive me? I'm so sorry. I never meant to take your death for granted. I don't want to be a phony. I want to be genuine and full of You. I want people to see a difference in my life. I'm sorry. I've taken you for granted. Jesus, fill me. Let me be putty in Your hands. Remake me in Your image.

Yes.

I need to hurry to my piano lesson right now Lord. And as soon as that's over, I have an important appointment.

Oh?

With my Bible and my Heavenly Father. We need to talk about my friends, my time, and my entertainment.

Guess what?

What?

That's exactly what Jesus would do!

RiverOL

Alfrescian
Loyal
AUTOBIOGRAPHY IN FIVE SHORT CHAPTERS

CHAPTER 1

I walk down the street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I fall in.
I am lost... I am hopeless.
It isn't my fault.
It takes forever to find a way out.

CHAPTER 2

I walk down the same street.
I pretend I don't see it.
I fall in again.
I can't believe I am in the same place.
But... it isn't my fault.

CHAPTER 3

I see it is there.
I still fall in. It's a habit.
My eyes are open.
I know where I am.
It is my fault.
I get out immediately.

CHAPTER 4

I walk around it.

CHAPTER 5

I walk down another street.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Be Still and Know

Most people have heard the spiritual phrase,
"Be still and know."

You may have wondered, "know what?"

If you have to ask the question you probably have not been still
long enough.

The answer to this question may be different for varying people
with varying backgrounds.

For some they will know their creator,
some will know themselves,
some will know what they are not,
some will know what they are purposed to do with their life,
some will know how to make the world better for others,
some will know the answers to their problems at work,
some will know the answers to their problems at home.

Whatever your answer may be, the point is you will know more.

Science has told us the brain is the most powerful supercomputer
in the world. We have heard some of its calculating abilities
during active thought.

What about its abilities during stillness?

What about the spirit?

For many, their minds are arguing that we have no spirit.
If that is you, are you really being still?

Our societies are so fast paced and busy that something is
always going on. The world would lead us to believe we have no
time to be still.

Even many people toss and turn all night; stillness cannot be
achieved even when it is time to sleep.

The first thing that most will learn when trying to be still is
how much at motion we really are.

Just pause right now and be still and for the next 20 seconds
whatever you do don't think of a big pink elephant.

Time's up, did you think of the big pink elephant?

What's the lesson, it is not as easy as it sounds to be still.

Even though many MountainWings issues relate to activities, most
of the inspiration for the issues comes in stillness.

Be still and know.

Know what?

Be still and you will know.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You Have To Let Go of The Pain

My mother died in her sleep at age 70. We still don't know why.
It was a total devastation to my whole family.

My father had been ill for some time and we had been preparing
ourselves for his death but as God wanted it, my mother died
first.

My parents were wonderful people. They raised us in church and
set a godly example before us. After my mother's death, I
didn't have much time for mourning. I took care of my father
exactly five months to the day he passed. Then, the
mourning for both took over. I didn't think it would end.
Three years later, I was still crying myself to sleep every
night and praying that I would soon get over it. The depression
was unbearable. I couldn't understand why God was not helping
me through this. I had gained almost 50 pounds.

I knew that I wasn't dead, but I wasn't living either. I think
I was where they call limbo. Three years after their death, I
went to bed crying and praying. However,
something happened, I heard a voice.

I don't know if it was God's voice or a messenger from God, but
I heard the voice. The voice said that I didn't have to let go
of my parents, they could live on in my heart forever. I had to
let go of the pain.

I understood and I let go of the pain. Now nine months later,
I'm 42 pounds lighter and a whole lot happier. The change in my
attitude happened right away and the pounds started coming off
over time.

I still miss them and think of them with
wonderful, fond memories. The difference now is that the pain
is not keeping me from living. My husband, daughter and
granddaughter enjoy spending time with me now.

I believe God made the valleys to be traveled though, not a
stopping point. With each valley, I learn a little more.
Maybe my next trip through, it won't be so long for me to
get to the mountain top.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
And God Said No

I asked God to take away my pride. And God said "No." He said it was not for him to take away, but for me to give it up.

I asked God to make my handicapped child whole. And God said "No." He said her spirit was whole, her body was only temporary.

I asked God to grant me patience. And God said "No." He said patience is a by-product of tribulations. It isn't granted, it is earned.

I asked God to give me happiness. And God said "No." He said he gives me blessings, happiness is up to me.

I asked God to spare me pain. And God said "No." He said suffering draws you apart from worldly cares and brings you closer to me.

I asked God to make my spirit grow. And God said "No." He said I must grow on my own. But he will prune me to make me fruitful.

I asked for all things that I might enjoy life. And God said "No." He said I will give you life, that you may enjoy all things.

I asked God to help me love others, as much as he loves me. And God said, "Ah, finally you have the idea!"

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
gods

There are gods that rule the nations with their iron ways.

There are gods that do commercials with a plastic face.

There are gods who work on wall street waging wars of wage.

There are gods that guard the prisons manifesting rage.

There are gods sold by the kilo shrouding peoples minds.
There are gods in shopping plazas keeping us in line.
There are gods inside the churches,
they pretend to care voicing hope never healing,
worshipping the air.

There are gods of old religions, they don’t give a damn.

There is one God of the ages who became a man

He knew no wrong became wrong, beaten in your place.

Saturated in your violence, incarnating grace.

There is ONLY ONE God. his name is Jesus

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
]God's Awesomeness [/B]

Think of your anatomy
How your eyes adjust to light
How they will close and open
According to dark or bright

Think of all the tiny veins
How delicately they're made
Pumping oxygen and blood