• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Just sharing.

Black2545

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Due to some underhanded situations at work, I lost my job.

I had to refer to my favorite scripture that says,
"Weeping may endure for a night, but joy will come in the
morning." So 3:00am the morning after I received my termination
notice, I began to write this..."

This process is generated by some one just to make your life hard, properly this person have no respect in other person or life.

Today's Forecast

Due to some underhanded situations at work, I lost my job.

I had to refer to my favorite scripture that says,
"Weeping may endure for a night, but joy will come in the
morning." So 3:00am the morning after I received my termination
notice, I began to write this...

Today's Forecast

Awakened from a slumber, you rise and pray,
"Lord let today be better than yesterday."

For yesterday brought humidity, clouds, and/or rain,
Some were clear, others brought with them pain.

Humidity where situations to handle alone were just too hot,
Yet you wrestled with the idea of giving them to God or not.

Storm clouds are going to rise, that's nothing, we can get by,
The only way through them is by giving God a try.

Rain will fall; it's not unusual that it may last long.
Don't forget, trials come only to make you strong.

To God always remain true,
Remember Kin g David said, "Cast all your cares upon the Lord
For He cares for you."

Humidity, clouds, and/or rain, sun, snow or dew,
What will today's forecast be for you?

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I love this time of year. The nights get a little cooler, and there is the excitement of change. Even if you don't follow the traditional school year in your homeschool, finishing long summer days and getting ready for winter brings new opportunities. For many, fall means a return to the academics. It may not be the calendar new year, but it marks a new "school" year for many of us.

This school year, I want to challenge you with something that I think will revolutionize your homeschooling: Commit to bring the gospel message to your children everyday in a fresh and real way. I'm not talking about just telling them the gospel. I'm talking about making a conscience effort to get our eyes off of ourselves so that we can be sensitive to the myriad of opportunities God provides for us to share the gospel throughout the day. Opportunities to proclaim the goodness of God abound, but we need to be sensitive to them.

A complaint from a child, a hurt knee, a grumpy salesperson--all are opportunities to show the gospel to your children. Bringing the gospel might mean praying with a child with a hurt knee and encouraging him that one day there will be no more tears in Heaven...or a reminder to the complaining child that the enemy would love to steal his days in complaints instead of praise, but Jesus has won the victory if he'll only choose to walk in it...or a kind word followed later by a prayer for a grumpy salesman. Remember, your children see every interaction you have with others, so when they see you interacting--and choosing to live the gospel yourself--they are learning how to live God's love in words, deeds, and prayer.

You could also have your children practice sharing the gospel to you and to each other! Remember, what is done in the home will be repeated outside of the home. And if we have a habit of sharing the good news and keeping it in the forefront of our minds, it will be easier to share it with others.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Those Who Work Most
==============================

Those who work most for the world's advancement
are the ones who demand least.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It was one word in the title but there was NOTHING else.

Some replied that the issue was highly profound, deep and very
thought provoking.

Others asked was there supposed to be something else other than
the one word in the title?

That one word seemed to resonate with meaning to those who
either were perpetrators or victims.

Was it an accident?

Of course not. Nothing in the universe is accidental.
I just did not intend to leave it blank.

The one word?

INFIDELITY

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
SRP's
=========
I attend a business meeting each month attended by CEO's. Each
month experts teach us various aspects of business. One expert
pointed out the phenomenon of SRP's.

A SRP is a Silly Repeating Pattern.

He actually used another word which is considered vulgar by most
instead of Silly but for MountainWings Silly is appropriate.

Silly Repeating Patterns.

He said the most businesses have negative patterns the repeat
over and over and until the pattern is recognized and changed,
it will continue to repeat.

I thought about that and then noticed that SRP's applied to
personal lives too. I have SRP's. So do you.

Relationships have SRP's.

Someone does something to offend the other so they become quiet
and not quite as open or friendly. The other notices the change
in attitude and since one person is cold, they get cold too.

The relationship stays cold for a few days or weeks until
finally one says, "What's wrong with you?"

The other replies, "Me? It's you who's got the attitude." They
resolve the issue and things are peaceful until...

SRP's.

They're not just for business anymore.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Thought: With a Whole Heart

The different moods music can convey never cease to amaze me. Music can be happy, woeful, eager, mournful, exhilarating--the list could go on. Each piece, when played with feeling and a full heart, conveys emotion and meaning.

Yet I have found that those same pieces can also sound like empty noise. There have been days when I've mechanically hit notes with my thoughts and mind a thousand miles away. At those times, my music lacks life--and I miss out on the joy of really playing.

In Ecclesiastes, the Bible urges us to do whatever we undertake with all our might. We're to play each moment--each task the Lord brings--with our whole heart as unto Him, rather than merely mechanically making it through the "notes" of life.

"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest." Ecclesiastes 9:10

It's very easy to miss out on the joy of playing full heartedly--to fail to enter fully into whatever the Lord brings. Perhaps our minds begin to worry or fear about the future. Perhaps we begin to think about what people think rather than simply playing the music the Lord has given us. Perhaps we allow discontent with the "song" before us to creep in and waste the moments wishing we could play something else.

Life is too short to waste--let's not miss out on enjoying and playing with a full heart the music God has given us today.

"And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him." Colossians 3:17

"And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;" Colossians 3:23

GodsWord

Brother Beensetfree,

I have just registered with Sammyboy but I have been reading your threads very frequently. Truly, they are very enlightening. Keep up to your good work with those godly messages.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Thank you brother for the encouragement. Many of these messages have also helped me in my walk and struggles so I hope they've been meaningful to you and others too.

Brother Beensetfree,

I have just registered with Sammyboy but I have been reading your threads very frequently. Truly, they are very enlightening. Keep up to your good work with those godly messages.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
As I listened to a concert the other night, I was struck by the number of different sounds and by how well they blended. Each musician had a part and played it skillfully--so skillfully it sounded like one glorious instrument. It got me to thinking how wonderful it would be to be part of a group working toward one goal like this. And then it hit me--I am! I'm part of the body of Christ--a unique group of "instruments" all working together. I'm also part of a family unit that works together on a daily basis.

Could my family work together like this band? If each member of my family worked hard on doing his part from the Lord and on listening to and following Jesus, could we "sound" so wonderful? And if we could, how would we start?

As I've been pondering how to work together as a family, I have realized that each of us has a choice to apply ourselves to the part the Lord has given us and to follow our conductor--Jesus. We are responsible for our part. Working together starts with each member of the family! Ultimately, it starts with me. As parents, we need to follow God's instructions and apply ourselves to the part God has given us. We cannot control what others do--or the outcome. We can only do what the Lord gives us to do, listening to Him and relying on His strength.

Listen to God and do your part. Don't allow anything to get you distracted.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sparrow at starbucks

It was chilly in Manhattan but warm inside the Starbucks shop on 51st Street and Broadway, just a skip up from Times Square.

For a musician, it's the most lucrative Starbucks location in the world, I'm told, and consequently, the tips can be substantial if you play your tunes right.

I was playing keyboard and singing backup for my friend who also added rhythm with an arsenal of percussion instruments. During our emotional rendition of "If You Don't Know Me by Now," I noticed a lady sitting in one of the lounge chairs across from me. She was swaying to the beat and singing along.

After the tune was over, she approached me. "I apologize for singing along on that song. Did it bother you?" she asked.

"No," I replied. "We love it when the audience joins in. Would you like to sing up front on the next selection?"

To my delight, she accepted my invitation.

"You choose," I said. "What are you in the mood to sing?"

"Well... do you know any hymns?"

Hymns? This woman didn't know who she was dealing with. I cut my teeth on hymns. Before I was even born, I was going to church. I gave our guest singer a knowing look. "Name one."

"Oh, I don't know. There are so many good ones. You pick one."

"Okay," I replied. "How about 'His Eye is on the Sparrow'?"

My new friend was silent, her eyes averted. Then she fixed her eyes on mine again and said, "Yeah. Let's do that one.

She slowly nodded her head, put down her purse, straightened her jacket and faced the center of the shop. With my two-bar setup, she began to sing.

Why should I be discouraged?
Why should the shadows come?

The audience of coffee drinkers was transfixed.

I sing because I'm happy;
I sing because I'm free.
For His eye is on the sparrow
And I know He watches me.

When the last note was sung, the applause crescendoed to a deafening roar. Embarrassed, the woman tried to shout over the din, "Oh, y'all go back to your coffee! I didn't come in here to do a concert! I just came in here to get somethin' to drink, just like you!"

But the ovation continued. I embraced my new friend. "You, my dear, have made my whole year! That was beautiful!"

"It's funny that you picked that particular hymn," she said.

"Why is that?"

She hesitated again, "that was my daughter's favorite song." She grabbed my hands. By this time, the applause had subsided and it was business as usual. "She was 16. She died of a brain tumor last week."

I said the first thing that found its way through my silence. "Are you going to be okay?"

She smiled through tear-filled eyes and squeezed my hands. "I'm gonna be okay. I've just got to keep trusting the Lord and singing his songs, and everything's gonna be just fine."

She picked up her bag, gave me her card, and then she was gone.

Was it just a coincidence that we happened to be singing in that particular coffee shop on that particular November night? Coincidence that this wonderful lady just happened to walk into that particular shop? Coincidence that of all the hymns to choose from, I just happened to pick the very hymn that was the favorite of her daughter, who had died just the week before? I refuse to believe it.

God has been arranging encounters in human history since the beginning of time, and it's no stretch for me to imagine that he could reach into a coffee shop in midtown Manhattan and turn an ordinary gig into a revival. It was a great reminder that if we keep trusting him and singing his songs, everything's gonna be okay.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Stuart (Russ) Hamblin

Back in the 50's there was a well known radio host/comedian/song writer in Hollywood named Stuart Hamblin* who was noted for his drinking,womanizing, partying, etc.

One of his bigger hits at the time was "I won't go hunting with you Jake, but I'll go chasing women."

One day, along came a young preacher holding a tent revival. Hamblin had him on his radio show presumably to poke fun at him.

In order to gather more material for his show, Hamblin showed up at one of the revival meetings.

Early in the service the preacher announced, "There is one man in this audience who is a big fake." There were probably others who thought the same thing, but Hamblin was convinced that he was the one the preacher was talking about (some would call that conviction) but he was having none of that.

Still the words continued to haunt him until a couple of nights later he showed up drunk at the preacher's hotel door around 2AM demanding that the preacher pray for him!

But the preacher refused, saying, "This is between you and God and I'm not going to get in the middle of it."

But he did invite Stuart in and they talked until about 5 AM at which point Stuart dropped to his knees and with tears, cried out to God.

But that is not the end of the story. Stuart quit drinking, quit chasing women, quit everything that was 'fun.' Soon he began to lose favor with the Hollywood crowd.

He was ultimately fired by the radio station when he refused to accept a beer company as a sponsor.

Hard times were upon him. He tried writing a couple of "Christian" songs but the only one that had much success was "This Old House", written for his friend Rosemary Clooney.

As he continued to struggle, a long time friend named John took him aside and told him, "All your troubles started when you 'got religion,' Was it worth it all?" Stuart answered simply, "Yes."

Then his friend asked, "You liked your booze so much, don't you ever miss it?" And his answer was, "No." John then said, "I don't understand how you could give it up so easily."

And Stuart's response was, "It's no big secret. All things are possible with God." To this John said, "That's a catchy phrase. You should write a song about it."

And as they say, "The rest is history."

The song Stuart wrote was "It Is No Secret."

"It is no secret what God can do. What He's done for others, He'll do f or you.

With arms wide open, He'll welcome you. It is no secret, what God can do...."

By the way... the friend was John Wayne. And the young preacher who refused to pray for Stuart Hamblin?

....That was Billy Graham.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Pord's prayer - in dialogue

Our Father Who Art In Heaven.
YES?

Don't interrupt me. I'm praying.
BUT -- YOU CALLED ME!!

Called you? No, I didn't call you. I'm praying. Our Father who art in
heaven.
THERE -- YOU DID IT AGAIN.

Did what?
CALLED ME. YOU SAID, "OUR FATHER WHO ART IN HEAVEN." WELL, HERE I AM. WHAT'S ON YOUR MIND?

But, I didn't mean anything by it. I was, you know, just saying my prayers for the day. I always say the Lord's Prayer. It makes me feel good, kind of like fulfilling a duty.
WELL, ALL RIGHT. GO ON.

Okay, Hallowed be Thy name.
HOLD IT RIGHT THERE. WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT?

By what?
BY "HALLOWED BE THY NAME?"

It means, it means... good grief, I don't know what it means. How in the world should I know? It's just a part of the prayer. By the way, what does it mean?
IT MEANS HONORED, HOLY, WONDERFUL.

Hey, that makes sense. I never thought about what 'hallowed' meant before. Thanks. Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
DO YOU REALLY MEAN THAT?

Sure, why not?
WHAT ARE YOU DOING ABOUT IT?

Doing? Why, nothing, I guess. I just think it would be kind of neat if you got control of everything down here like you have up there. We're kinda in a mess down here you know.
YES, I KNOW... BUT, HAVE I GOT CONTROL OF YOU?

Well, I go to church.
THAT ISN'T WHAT I ASKED YOU. WHAT ABOUT YOUR BAD TEMPER? YOU'VE REALLY GOT A PROBLEM THERE, YOU KNOW. AND THEN THERE'S THE WAY YOU SPEND YOUR MONEY -- ALL ON YOURSELF. AND WHAT ABOUT THE KIND OF BOOKS YOU READ?

Now hold on just a minute! Stop picking on me! I'm just as good as some of the rest of those people at church!
EXCUSE ME. I THOUGHT YOU WERE PRAYING FOR MY WILL TO BE DONE. IF THAT IS TO HAPPEN, IT WILL HAVE TO START WITH THE ONES WHO ARE PRAYING FOR IT. LIKE YOU, FOR EXAMPLE.

Oh, all right. I guess I do have some hang-ups. Now that you mention it, I could probably name some others.
SO COULD I.

I haven't thought about it very much until now, but I really would like to cut out some of those things. I would like to, you know, be really free.
GOOD. NOW WE'RE GETTING SOMEWHERE. WE'LL WORK TOGETHER -- YOU AND ME. I'M PROUD OF YOU.

Look, Lord, if you don't mind, I need to finish up here. This is taking a lot longer than it usually does. Give us this day, our daily bread.
YOU NEED TO CUT OUT THE BREAD. YOU'RE OVERWEIGHT AS IT IS.

Hey, wait a minute! What is this? Here I was doing my religious duty, and all of a sudden you break in and remind me of all my hang-ups.
PRAYING IS A DANGEROUS THING. YOU JUST MIGHT GET WHAT YOU ASK FOR. REMEMBER, YOU CALLED ME -- AND HERE I AM. IT'S TOO LATE TO STOP NOW. KEEP PRAYING.

... pause ...
WELL, GO ON.

I'm scared to.
SCARED? OF WHAT?

I know what you'll say.
TRY ME.

Forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us.
WHAT ABOUT CAROL?

See? I knew it! I knew you would bring her up! Why, Lord, she's told lies about me, spread stories. She never paid back the money she owes me. I've sworn to get even with her!
BUT -- YOUR PRAYER -- WHAT ABOUT YOUR PRAYER?

I didn't -- mean it.
WELL, AT LEAST YOU'RE HONEST. BUT, IT'S QUITE A LOAD CARRYING AROUND ALL THAT BITTERNESS AND RESENTMENT ISN'T IT?

Yes, but I'll feel better as soon as I get even with her. Boy, have I got some plans for her. She'll wish she had never been born.
NO, YOU WON'T FEEL ANY BETTER. YOU'LL FEEL WORSE. REVENGE ISN'T SWEET. YOU KNOW HOW UNHAPPY YOU ARE -- WELL, I CAN CHANGE THAT.

You can? How?
FORGIVE CAROL. THEN, I'LL FORGIVE YOU; AND THE HATE AND SIN WILL BE CAROL'S PROBLEM -- NOT YOURS. YOU WILL HAVE SETTLED THE PROBLEM AS FAR AS YOU ARE CONCERNED.

Oh, you know, you're right. You always are. And more than I want revenge, I want to be right with You... (sigh). All right... all right... I forgive her.
THERE NOW! WONDERFUL! HOW DO YOU FEEL?

Hmmmm. Well, not bad. Not bad at all! In fact, I feel pretty great! You know, I don't think I'll go to bed uptight tonight. I haven't been getting much rest, you know.
YEAH, I KNOW. BUT, YOU'RE NOT THROUGH WITH YOUR PRAYER ARE YOU? GO ON.

Oh, all right. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
GOOD! GOOD! I'LL DO THAT. JUST DON'T PUT YOURSELF IN A PLACE WHERE YOU CAN BE TEMPTED.

What do you mean by that?
YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

Yeah. I know.
OKAY. GO AHEAD. FINISH YOUR PRAYER.

For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory forever. Amen.
DO YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD BRING ME GLORY -- WHAT WOULD REALLY MAKE ME HAPPY?

No, but I'd like to know. I want to please you now. I've really made a mess of things. I want to truly follow you. I can see now how great that would be. So, tell me... how do I make you happy?
YOU JUST DID!

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Teach me to forgive

One day a while back, a man, his heart heavy with grief, was walking in the woods. As he thought about his life this day, he knew many things were not right. He thought about those who had lied about him back when he had a job.

His thoughts turned to those who had stolen his things and cheated him. He remembered family that had passed on. His mind turned to the illness he had that no one could cure. His very soul was filled with anger, resentment and frustration.

Standing there this day, searching for answers he could not find, knowing all else had failed him, he knelt at the base of an old oak tree to seek the one he knew would always be there, and with tears in his eyes, he prayed

"Lord - You have done wonderful things for me in this life. You have told me to do many things for you, and I happily obeyed.

Today, you have told me to forgive. I am sad, Lord, because I cannot. I don't know how. It is not fair Lord. I didn't deserve these wrongs that were done against me and I shouldn't have to forgive. As perfect as your way is Lord, this one thing I cannot do, for I don't know how to forgive. My anger is so deep Lord, I fear I may not hear you, but I pray that you teach me to do this one thing I cannot do - Teach me To Forgive."

As he knelt there in the quiet shade of that old oak tree, he felt something fall onto his shoulder. He opened his eyes. Out of the corner of one eye, he saw something red on his shirt. He could not turn to see what it was because where the oak tree had been was a large square piece of wood in the ground. He raised his head and saw two feet held to the wood with a large spike through them. He raised his head more, and tears came to his eyes as he saw Jesus hanging on a cross. He saw spikes in His hands, a gash in His side, a torn and battered body, deep thorns sunk into His head.

Finally he saw the suffering and pain on His precious face. As their eyes met, the man's tears turned to sobbing, and Jesus began to speak.

"Have you ever told a lie, He asked?" The man answered, "Yes, Lord."

"Have you ever been given too much change and kept it?" The man answered, "Yes, Lord." And the man sobbed more and more.

"Have you ever taken something from work that wasn't yours," Jesus asked? And the man answered, "Yes, Lord."

"Have you ever sworn, using my Father's name in vain?" The man, crying now, answered, "Yes, Lord."

As Jesus asked many more times, "Have you ever"? The man's crying became uncontrollable, for he could only answer, "Yes, Lord."

Then Jesus turned His head from one side to the other, and the man felt something fall on his other shoulder. He looked and saw that it was the blood of Jesus. When he looked back up, his eyes met those of Jesus, and there was a look of love the man had never seen or known before. Jesus said, "I didn't deserve this either, but I forgive you."

It may be hard to see how you're going to get through something. But, when
you look back in life, you realize how true this statement is...
"If God brings you to it... He will bring you through it."