• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Just sharing.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I Was Not Alone

As a child of five, I can still remember. Loud noises in my house, Screaming, Banging, Hitting. I run to hide. I wondered why this was happening to me. I felt so all alone. I was not alone. Jesus came to sit beside me, to hold me in His arms. To protect my heart with His loving grace. He was with me from the start. To guide me through and show me the way, To where I am today.

As a young girl of twelve, I did not understand, the meaning of divorce, that was left in my hand. To choose between my mother and father was too difficult to comprehend. I felt so all alone. I was not alone. Jesus came to sit beside me, to hold me in His arms. To protect my heart with His loving grace. He was with me from the start, To guide me through and show me the way, to where I am today.

As a girl of sixteen, I knew my life needed more. I turned my life over to God and He blessed me beyond my dreams. As we walk through this life, There's one thing that can be known. Whatever trials you must face, that you're never alone. We are not alone. Jesus comes to sit beside us, to hold us in His arms. To protect our hearts with His loving grace. He ws with us from the start. To guide us through and show us the way, to where we are today.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I'll Be Waiting

I made little bees
To make honey that's sweet,
So that my children
Could have a treat.

I bent the trees
A certain way,
Then sent a breeze
So they would sway.

I made the sand
And oceans too,
A beautiful rainbow
In a sky of blue.

The fragrance of a flower
I would carefully prepare,
And every detail of creation
I intended to share.

And I pictured you
And how you would be,
And I made you
Just for me.

I chose your moment to come
And your time to go,
I have nourished you
Made you blossom and grow.

And you did bear fruit
That we will share,
You have nurtured the blossoms
I put in your care.

And as you look back
Down memory lane,
I want you to know
Your greatest gain.

It's your memories of harder times
That you can look back on today,
And truly cherish
In a special way.

Memories of pleasure
Memories of strife,
Opportunity for Me
To work in your life.

And the love of your children
In a beautiful way,
As it blossoms more
With each passing day.

The love of your family
Of each and every friend,
That will be with you
Til the very end.

And when your new life
Will finally begin,
Those memories and that love
Will be deep within.

For no thorns or thistles
Have hindered the way,
My roots have grown deeper
With each passing day.

And I AM the potter
And you are the clay,
I have made you perfect,
In every way.

And what you have reaped
You will sow,
And you have helped many
Hearts to grow.

So please don't ever
Be afraid to die,
You'll never hurt
You'll never cry.

You'll see this world
With all it's strife,
But you'll want to go on
And live you're life.

For the angels will be singing
With one accord,
And you'll see Me
You're Savior and Lord.

And you'll be reaching
Out to Me,
And there'll be so much
Love that you'll see.

You will feel My presence
Gaze at My face,
Overflow with My love
And be filled with My grace.

I will hold you tight
We'll walk hand in hand,
And My lovingkindness
Will flow through the land.

Heaven is wonderful
And you'll want to stay,
For you'll be by My side
Day after day.

So I'll be waiting
Until that day,
When you see My Glory
Coming your way.

So please don't ever
Be afraid to die,
For you will be
With God on high

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
In Memoriam

Jesus released a soul today
Ever up where angels stay
Serving God both then and now
Understanding why and how
Souls of others come to greet
They gather at The Father's seat
He, The Son, stands between
Enveloping the soul so lean
Carefully, the book laid bare
He, the soul, is listed there
Rightfully, soul meets judge
In God's eyes, devoid of smudge
Songs of joy fill Heaven's dome
This soul, so dear, is finally home

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Interview With Me

In a dream, I had an interview with God.

"Come in," God said to me, "So, you would like to interview Me?"

"If you have the time," I said.

God smiled and said: "My time is called eternity and is enough to do everything; what questions do you have in mind to ask me?"

"None that are new to you. What's the one thing that surprises you most about mankind?"

God answered: "That they get bored of being children, are in a rush to grow up, and then long to be children again.

That they lose their health to make money and then lose their money to restore their health.

That by thinking anxiously about the future, they forget the present, such that they live neither for the present nor the future.

That they live as if they will never die, and they die as if they had never lived..."

God's hands took mine and we were silent. After a long period, I said, "May I ask you another question?" "As a Parent, what would you ask your children to do?"

God replied with a smile: "To learn that they cannot make anyone love them. what is important is who they love. To learn that it takes years to build trust, and a few seconds to destroy it.

To learn that what is most valuable is not what they have in their lives, but who they have in their lives.

To learn that it is not good to compare themselves to others. There will be others better or worse than they are.

To learn that a rich person is not one who has the most, but is one who needs the least.

To learn that they should control their attitudes, otherwise their attitudes will control them.

To learn that it only takes a few seconds to open profound wounds in persons we love, and that it takes many years to heal them.

To learn to forgive by practicing forgiveness.

To learn that there are persons that love them dearly, but simply do not know how to show their feelings.

To learn that money can buy everything but happiness.

To learn that while at times they may be entitled to be upset, that does not give them the right to upset those around them.

To learn that great dreams do not require great wings, but a landing gear to achieve.

To learn that true friends are scarce, he/she who has found one has found a true treasure.

To learn that it is not always enough that they be forgiven by others, but that they forgive themselves.

To learn that they are masters of what they keep to themselves and slaves of what they say.

To learn that they shall reap what they plant; if they plant gossip they will harvest intrigues, if they plant love they will harvest happiness.

To learn that true happiness is not to achieve their goals but to learn who they are through striving towards them.

To learn that happiness is a decision. They decide to be happy with what they are and have, or die from envy and jealousy of what they lack.

To learn that two people can look at the same thing and see something totally different.

To learn that those who are honest with themselves without considering the consequences go far in life.

To learn that even though they may think they have nothing to give, when a friend cries with them, they find the strength to appease the pain.

To learn that by trying to hold on to loved ones, they very quickly push them away; and by letting go of those they love, they will be side by side forever.

To learn that even though the word "love" has many different meanings, it loses value when it is overstated.

To learn that they can never do something extraordinary for Me to love them; I simply do.

To learn that the shortest distance they could be from Me is the distance of a prayer

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Invitation

You Are Cordially Invited To A BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION!!!

Guest of Honor: Jesus Christ

Date: Every day. Traditionally December 25, but He's always around, so the date is flexible..

Time: Whenever you're ready, please don't be too late though, or you'll miss out on all the fun...

Place: In your heart ... He'll meet you there (you'll hear Him knock)..

Attire: Come as you are... grubbies are okay. He'll be washing our clothes anyway. He said something about new white robes and crowns for everyone who stays till the last..

Tickets: Admission is free. He's already paid for everyone... (He says we would not have been able to afford it... it's cost Him everything He had!!)..

Refreshments: New wine, bread and a far-out drink He calls "living water, followed by a supper that promises to be out of this world!!

Gift Suggestions: Your heart. He's one of those people who already has everything else. (He's very generous in return though just wait until you see what He has for you)..

Entertainment: Joy, Peace, Truth, Light, Life, Love, Real Happiness, Communion with God, Forgiveness, Miracles, Healing, Power, Eternity in Paradise, and much more! (All rated "G" so bring your family and friends)..

R.SV.P.: Very Important! He must know ahead so He can reserve a spot for you at the table. Also, he's keeping a list of His friends for future reference. (He calls it the "Lamb's Book of Life").

Party Being Given By His Kids (That's us) Hope To See You There!

"Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory. For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready. Fine linen, bright and clean, was given her to wear." (Fine linen stands for the righteous acts of the saints.) ...

'Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!'

Revelation 19:7-9 NIV

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Is Sin More Fun?

A mother told her young son to go to bed and be sure to say his prayers and ask God to make him a good boy. The boy's father, passing by the bedroom, overheard his son praying: " And make me a good boy if You can; and if You can't, don't worry about it, 'cause I'm having fun the way I am."

Does this sound familiar? How many times do we think this? I do not think that anyone would admit it, but we all know that sin is fun. Why is it fun? It should not be, but it is, because it is easy and it gives instant gratification. That is not what God calls us to do though. It has been said that the things that mean the most, that are most important and meaningful, are the things that we have to work for.

That is the way the Christian life is. First of all we have to work to be obedient. It is a constant battle to do what is right, but the end result is much better than the instant gratification that we get the other way. I heard a sermon one time about choices. We all have choices, but what we have to live with is the consequences. What I do today will never change, but the consequence of that choice is something that I will have to live with. My challenge to you is to think about what you do and make sure that it is God's will that you do it. Does this situation look like it will be in God's plan? Will it glorify him? That is a question that we should always be asking.

John 8:34,36 - Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.

Prayer: Lord, deliver us from the blindness that deceives itself into thinking that sin is more fun. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, for yours is the kingdom, the power and the glory forever. Amen.

The words of an engraving from the cathedral of Lubeck, Germany, beautifully reflect our Lord's teaching here:

"Thus speaketh Christ our Lord to us, You call Me master and obey Me not, you call Me light and see Me not, you call Me the way and walk Me not, you call Me life and live Me not, you call Me wise and follow Me not, you call Me fair and love Me not, you call Me rich and ask Me not, you call Me eternal and seek Me not, if I condemn thee, blame Me not.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It Begins With You and Me

Becoming Christ-like in our hearts
begins with you and me...
serving humbly, as He served
in peace and harmony.

Shedding all our selfish ways
and putting on His skin...
understanding who we are
in relationship to Him.

Giving up our own control,
forgetting our own needs...
being Christ-like in our hearts
begins with you and me.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Judge and Be Judged

I judged you today; you didn't fit my image of how you should act.
I wasted a whole day thinking you should have done it this way.
I couldn't talk to my Father because my mind was completely absorbed in what
I wanted you to be like.

I didn't have the joy my Father promises.
I just couldn't think about that now.
You were in the wrong.
I picked up the word trying to prove I was right, then I saw it.

Judge and you shall be judged, condemn and you shall be condemned.
On the outer side I had written --Release---
I started wondering what could this mean, Release?

I thought and I thought then it came to me.
When I judge you I put myself in prison,
When I condemn you I lock myself up.
I don't talk to Jesus; I don't intercede for hurting people,
I don't smile. I put myself in an emotional bondage.

So for today I will release you and me.
We are both to live our lives imitating our Father.
Today I didn't, please forgive me.
I love you your way,
and my way,
But especially
His Way.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Just Be My Child

Merle & Mary's first meeting

Mother, daughter enjoy tearful hug after 39 years of pain, separation. Mom never knew if the baby was a boy or girl until December 18, 1998. It all started with a scrap of paper that had a couple's address on it...........You will be blessed by this true story.
"JUST BE MY CHILD" (c)

Life can be a bowl of cherries! However, for a lot of us it is thought of as just the pits!
In 1981 that is the way, I felt about my life.

God used two situations to force me to look where I was placing my confidence. The first was in my mother who had failed me in that she died. The second was in my husband of 28 years. He no longer wanted to be married to me. My confidence was shaken to the very core. Even an attempted suicide failed. Life for me was the "Pits."

With all the human props pulled out from under me I was forced to redirect my focus if I was to survive. For the first time in my entire life of 40 years, God had my full attention. I began to focus on God. I mean really focus. At this point in my life, I knew the only thing that I could really count on was God.

Everything I knew about God from the Bible was true. Jesus Christ loved me enough to allow his arms to be stretched out and nailed to a cross and there He took my place. All the sin of my life was placed on Him the day He was crucified. He was the only one who had not failed me!

In September 1981 during a revival, the evangelist preached a message, "Who are you? He gave an illustration about an Eagle who sat on a nest with four eggs. Two hatched and the eaglets decided to go down the mountain to see the world. They found a bunch of wild turkeys and lived with them for a while. As the eaglets grew they discovered that they did not look like the turkeys nor did they really want to eat what they ate.

So they decided to go back to where their nest had been to see who they really were. As they approached the summit of the mountain a full-grown eagle took flight and began to soar into the wind. That was when the eaglets realized who they were. The point of the message was: "Are you trying to live like a Christian when you are not really a true believer." Over and over the evangelist would ask, "Who are you!" That phrase kept repeating itself in my mind over and over again.

The next day, September 18, 1981, I was driving down the road and rethinking that message and that illustration of the eagles. All of a sudden, I realized that I was in that same situation. I did not know who I really was. I was certainly a displaced person.

The tears began to flow and I talked to God out loud. "God, I do not know where I am going, my life is a mess, and I certainly do not know who I am!" At that point God spoke to my heart and said, "Just be my child." It sounded so simple. No pressure to be anything! It was a call to give up my feeble efforts of trying to be what I thought others wanted me to be.

All I had to offer God was brokenness and strife. In my eyes, my life was the "pits." Yet here was his call. Imagine the God of the universe extending such an invitation to me. "Just be my child."

In tear stained cheeks, driving down the highway, I said, God I have nothing to offer but if you want me I will be yours. Take control of my life. I cannot handle it myself.

At that very moment, I felt as if I had been bound in chains and immediately those chains fell off. I was free! Free from the bondage of sin. I felt so wonderful. Now I just knew everything would be fine. But everything was not okay. Many lessons had to be learned. God is the perfect parent and He began my training as His child. I call it "God's Boot Camp." It is hard! But it is worth every tear we shed, every lesson we learn, every hurdle we go over! God never wastes any of our sorrows.

After the divorce, I was very bitter. God had to dross that out of my life. Psalms 37 literally became my guide to live by. I clung to every promise in that chapter. I had to pattern my life after the commands and the results were up to Him.

Psalms: 37

1. "Fret not thyself," because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. 1. For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. 2. Trust in the Lord, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land and verily thou shalt be fed. 3. Delight thyself also in the Lord and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. 4. Commit thy way unto the Lord, trust also in him and he shall bring it to pass. 5. And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgement as the noonday. 6. Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for him.

7. Cease from anger, and forsake wrathÖ. (KJV)

From September 1981 until this day I can tell you God has truly brought the verses of this chapter true in my life. Time does not permit for me to share at this time the stories of the University of Life in which God has trained me. We will save those for another time.

There is one story I would like to share with you. It is a story of a 17-year-old girl who went on a date; there was liquor involved and a baby conceived. When her mother found out about it, she prayerfully considered the alternatives available. Marriage was not an option. That would have been another mistake for the boy and girl were friends but not in love. A home for unwed mothers was too scary for the young girl who had hardly even been out of her hometown except to visit grandparents in other states. Abortion was certainly not an option. This was a life created by God and far too precious.

The decision was made to find suitable adoptive parents. Through their Pastor a couple were located and a direct adoption was arranged. The heartbroken mother put her only daughter on a train for the long ride from Ohio to Tyler, Texas to live with the couple until after the baby was born.

The lovely Christian couple was 34 and 39 at an age where any adoption agency would have turned them down. Direct adoption was an answer to prayer and a fulfillment to the longing in their heart for a child of their own.

After the birth of her child, the young girl went to live with the lady's sister until she was able to travel back to her home. She never saw the baby, she never even knew whether the baby was a boy or a girl.

The girl came home. Her family never spoke another word about what happened. The young girl was left to suffer silently within her own self the sin, the guilt, and the shame of it all until that day September 18, 1981, when God asked her to be his child. I was that young girl.

This happened in 1959 --Thirty-nine years ago! It was a hard decision to make but the best for all concerned at the time. Having lived with the couple, I was confident the baby would be loved, cared for and raised in a Christian home.

There was never any question in my mind. I always knew in my heart that if and when the time came that we should meet, God would let me know it. When my mother died in 1981 I found the torn corner of an envelope with the return address of the couple. I kept the address but did nothing about it until September of this past year. I searched through the Internet and found the name and address of the couple in Tyler, Texas to see if I could locate them. Both of their names came up on the screen but at a different street address. I did not do anything at that point. I had to be sure this was of God. Too many years had past.

The thoughts came back to my mind over and over again. Not nagging thoughts, just a gentle nudge that kept coming back. Finally I felt that for some reason it was time to contact the couple. I talked it over with my husband and my children. They were all in agreement that I should.

On November 17, 1998, I wrote to Louise and Bill Hale the couple who adopted my baby. I sent pictures of our family and what had happened to me during the past 39 years. Ending with the question that perhaps they could tell me why the feeling to contact them was so strong.

The weeks went past and no word. Every day I asked my husband, "Ralph did I get any news from Texas." "No Merle, I'm sorry. Just be patient."

On December 18, 1998, we went to the Spartanburg Downtown Rescue Mission to help with the Christmas party. While we were away from home I received a phone call from Mary but she did not leave her name or a phone number. When we got home Ralph checked his e-mail and there was a message. Regarding Merle's e-mail to Louise and Bill Hale in Tyler, Texas.

Talk about emotions. Mine were running wild at that time. I wanted to hear but was afraid at the same time. When he opened up the letter that was the first time I knew what my baby was. It was signed your daughter Mary.

She spoke of my "long awaited letter." She had tried for eighteen months to find out about her heritage and me. She also explained how Louise had laid the envelope aside thinking it was advertisement. She has cataracts and does not see very well. That very day Louise woke up with a bad headache. Usually she would have gone back to bed. Instead that day she prayed and asked the Lord to help her do what she needed to do that day. That was the very day she opened a stack of old mail and found my letter.

That evening Mary tried to reach me by phone but I was out for the evening. She wanted to talk with me personally and did not leave her name or number. In the e-mail she gave me some information about her family but not a phone number. The next morning I could not sleep and rose up early to see if I could locate her phone number through the Tyler phone directory. While I was on she came on too and sent an instant message to me and asked, "Mom is that you?" We sent messages back and forth for a while, finally she said get off, I want to call you. I want to hear your voice."

That afternoon Mary sent a family portrait via the Internet. Can you imagine the feeling I had when I first laid eyes on the child I had never held in my arms? I laughed, I cried, I walked the floor. All the emotions I had not allowed myself to feel came at once. She was so beautiful and she looked so much like my mother and my other children as well as myself.

This is truly a gift from God. Only one element out of place and we would not have been able to ever locate each other. My mother had died, my father moved and now the phone where he stays is not in his name. I had married twice and moved several times. It was virtually impossible for her to have located me. Bill died in 1989 and if Louise had remarried, I would not have been able to locate her. And if both had died I would never have known if I was searching for a man or a woman.

Truly God has performed a miracle in our lives to bring us together at this time in our lives. What a wonderful Christmas this has been. Even though we were not together, just the fact of knowing that we found each other. It was all in God's timing and to his glory.

Life may seem like the "Pits" to you but it does not have to stay that way. God too is looking for his children. As you read this story he is extending an invitation. He calls to you. Come to me, just be my child! I love you and want you to be with me forever.

As you have read the story of how God made Himself so real to both Mary and I, we hope that you will be touched and hear His call. To be His child is a call to be adopted into God's family and is a life long commitment. Do you feel him calling to you, "Just be my child?" What will your answer be?

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Just For Today

Trust God one day at a time!

Just for today! I will begin the day by praying: "This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." (Psalm 118:24)

Just for today! I will say, "I can do everything through Him who gives me strength." (Philippians 4:13)

Just for today! I will not worry about my needs, for "...my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 4:19)

Just for today! I will not fear, "For God did not give us a spirit of timidity; but a spirit of power, of love, and of self-discipline." (II Timothy 1:7)

Just for today! I will not harbor doubt and lack faith, for "...without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him." (Hebrews 11:6)

Just for today! I will not lack strength, for "...the Lord is the stronghold of my life - of whom shall I be afraid? (Psalm 27:1b)

Just for today! I will not admit defeat, for God "...always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ, ..." (II Corinthians 2:14b)

Just for today! I will not lack wisdom, for, "If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask Cod, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him." (James 1:5)

Just for today! I will not feel condemned, for "..., there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." (Romans 8:1)

Just for today! I will not be worried or frustrated: "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." (I Peter 5:7)

Just for today! I will not be depressed, "...for his compassion's never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." (Lamentations 3:22b,23)

Just for today! I will not feel alone for Jesus said, "And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." (Matthew 28:20b)

Just for today! I will not be discontented, "...for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances." (Philippians 4:llb)

Just for today! I will not feel worthless, for "God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God." (II Corinthians 5:21)

Just for today! I will not be confused, "For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace…" (I Corinthians 14:33a KJV)

Just for today! I will not let the pressures of life bother me, when Christ said, "In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." (John 16:33b)

Just for today! I will not feel like a failure, when "…in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us." (Romans 8:37)

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Brother Beensetfree...thank you for these wonderful Bible quotes!

Nothing can defer from these truths....with Jesus, we can conqueror the world...spiritually-speaking! Our hope is only in Jesus!

Psalm23

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yes brother Psalm.....the living and active Word.

Brother Beensetfree...thank you for these wonderful Bible quotes!

Nothing can defer from these truths....with Jesus, we can conqueror the world...spiritually-speaking! Our hope is only in Jesus!

Psalm23

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Just Right For Jesus

Just right for Jesus- my sins and my shame
Just right for Jesus- my aches and my pain

Just right for Jesus- my doubts and my fears
Just right for Jesus- my heartaches and my tears

Just right for Jesus- He's always the same
Just right for Jesus- just call on His name

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Kept By The Power of God

It may be on the mountain top
Where skies are fair and blue.
It may be in the valley low
Where shadows dim our view.

Wherever we may find ourselves,
Whatever we may do,
God's promise to His children holds---
Forever it is true.

So, Whether shut-in from the world
Or walking 'cross the sod,
We have the promise that we are
"Kept by the power of God".

Oh, precious promise that is ours,
Be skies bright blue or grey,
He is our refuge and our strength,
Our help from day to day.

He is our comfort and our peace,
He guides each step we take.
He knows which paths are best for us
And maketh no mistakes.

Let's not forget God's love for us
While on life's way we trod;
For all is well.
We're in His care.... "Kept by the power of God".

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Learn To Lean

It took me forever, Lord, to learn how to lean.
To leave my friends — as you lovingly began to wean.
I know I was stubborn, and I dug in my heels,
And when you applied pressure — did I ever squeal.

It was a concept, Lord, that I just hadn't learned,
And obviously . . . I was not too much concerned.
But as my old leaning-posts were taken away,
Routine confidence . . . began rapidly to fray.

Then your Holy Spirit, made it abundantly clear,
To you alone, Lord, must I unltimately adhere.
Only in your word and Spirit, may I ever grow strong,
As you continue to teach me, a blessed new song.

It is not in friends and others, that I will understand.
All my strength and wisdom, must come to me firsthand.
No longer can another, walk me through the task,
For only in Your guidance, may I safely bask.

Keep on teaching me Lord, and keep me close to you.
(For without you beside me — I haven't got a clue.)
I belong to you Lord — I am your creation . . .
I want only to praise you — without cessation!

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Letter From Heaven

To my dearest family, some things I'd like to say. But first of all, to let you know, that I arrived okay. I'm writing this from heaven. Here I dwell with God above. Here, there's no more tears of sadness; Here is just eternal love.

Please do not be unhappy just because I'm out of sight. Remember that I am with you every morning, noon and night. That day I had to leave you when my life on earth was through. God picked me up and hugged me and He said, "I welcome you. It's good to have you back again, you were missed while you were gone. As for your dearest family, They'll be here later on. There's so much that we have to do, to help our mortal man."

God gave me a list of things, that he wished for me to do. And foremost on the list, was to watch and care for you. And when you lie in bed at night the day's chores put to flight. God and I are closest to you....in the middle of the night.

When you think of my life on earth, and all those loving years. Because you are only human, they are bound to bring you tears. But do not be afraid to cry: it does relieve the pain. Remember there would be no flowers, unless there was some rain.

I wish that I could tell you all that God has planned. If I were to tell you, you wouldn't understand. But one thing is for certain, though my life on earth is o'er. I'm closer to you now, than I ever was before.

There are many rocky roads ahead of you and many hills to climb; But together we can do it by taking one day at a time. It was always my philosophy and I'd like it for you too; That as you give unto the world, the world will give to you.

If you can help somebody who's in sorrow and pain; Then you can say to God at night......"My day was not in vain." And now I am contented....that my life was worthwhile. Knowing as I passed along the way I made somebody smile.

So if you meet somebody who is sad and feeling low; Just lend a hand to pick him up, as on your way you go. When you're walking down the street and you've got Me on your mind; I'm walking in your footsteps only half a step behind.

And when it's time for you to go....from that body to be free. Remember you're not going.....you're coming here to Me.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Life

Sometimes its hard to understand
How we can be so cruel to our fellowman
I look back and think about the old me
And I thank God that now I'm free

We are all equal in this world were in
Put here to live out God's divine plan
Life's not suppose to be easy, it takes twists and turns
But with faith in the Lord one day you will learn