• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Just sharing.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Please take a moment to examine yourselves and your relationship with the Lord.

Is He your priority?

Does He really have first place in your life?

Do you spend time with Him everyday?

Do you have unrepented sin?

Are you walking in obedience to the Lord?

Are you giving Him the glory that belongs to Him every time He uses you?

Are you giving Him glory for the gifts, talents and abilities He has given you?

Are you loving one another as the Lord loves you?

If Jesus comes back today, would you be ready?

Repent if you need to please.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
A Letter From Jesus

Dear Friend,

I just had to write to tell you how much I love you and care for you.

Yesterday, I saw you walking and laughing with your friends; I hoped that soon you'd want Me to walk along with you, too. So, I painted you a sunset to close your day and whispered a cool breeze to refresh you. I waited; you never called. I just kept on loving you.

As I watched you fall asleep last night, I wanted so much to touch you. I spilled moonlight onto your face trickling down your cheeks as so many tears have. You didn't even think of me; I wanted so much to comfort you.

The next day I exploded a brilliant sunrise into a glorious morning for you. But you woke up late and rushed off to work-you didn't evennotice.

My sky became cloudy and Mytears were the rain.

I love you! Oh, if you'd only listen. I really love you! I try to say it in the quiet of the green meadow and in the blue sky. The wind whispers My love throughout the treetops and spills it into the vibrant colors of the flowers.

I shout it to you in the thunder of the great waterfalls and composed love songs for birds to sing for you. I warm you with the clothing of My sunshine and perfume the air with nature's sweet scent.

My love for you is deeper than the ocean and greaterthan any need in your heart. If you'd only realize how I care. I died just for you. My Dad sends His love. I want you to meet Him. He cares, too. Fathers are just that way.

So please call Me soon. No matter how long it takes, I'll wait because I love you.

Your Friend,
Jesus

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

A Letter To Patrick

Dear Patrick,

I was then an only child who had everything I could ever want. But even a pretty, spoiled and rich kid could get lonely once in a while so when Mom told me that she was pregnant, I was ecstatic. I imagined how wonderful you would be and how we'd always be together and how much you would look like me. So, when you were born, I looked at your tiny hands and feet and marveled at how beautiful you were. We took you home and I showed you proudly to my friends. They would touch you and sometimes pinch you, but you never reacted.

When you were five months old, some things began to bother Mom. You seemed so unmoving and numb, and your cry sounded odd -- almost like a kitten's. So we brought you to many doctors.

The thirteenth doctor who looked at you quietly said you have the "cry du chat" (pronounced kree-do-sha) syndrome, 'cry of the cat' in French. When I asked what that meant, he looked at me with pity and softly said, "Your brother will never walk nor talk." The doctor told us that it is a condition that afflicts one in 50,000 babies, rendering victims severely retarded. Mom was shocked and I was furious. I thought it was unfair.

When we went home, Mom took you in her arms and cried. I looked at you and realized that word will get around that you're not normal. So to hold on to my popularity, I did the unthinkable ... I disowned you.

Mom and Dad didn't know but I steeled myself not to love you as you grew. Mom and Dad showered you with love and attention and that made me bitter. And as the years passed, that bitterness turned to anger, and then hate.

Mom never gave up on you. She knew she had to do it for your sake. Every time she put your toys down, you'd roll instead of crawl. I watched her heart break every time she took away your toys and strapped your tummy with foam so you couldn't roll. You'd struggle and you'd cry in that pitiful way, the cry of the kitten. But she still didn't give up. And then one day, you defied what all your doctors said -- you crawled!

When Mom saw this, she knew that you would eventually walk. So when you were still crawling at age four , she'd put you on the grass with only your diapers on knowing that you hate the feel of the grass your skin, and smile at your discomfort. You would crawl to the sidewalk and Mom would put you back. Again and again, Mom repeated this on the lawn. Until one day, Mom saw you pull yourself up and toddle off the grass as fast as your little legs could carry you. Laughing and crying, she shouted for Dad and I to come. Dad hugged you crying openly. I watched from my bedroom window this heartbreaking scene.

Over the years, Mom taught you to speak, read and write. From then on, I would sometimes see you walk outside, smell the flowers, marvel at the birds, or just smile at no one. I began to see the beauty of the world around me, the simplicity of life and the wonders of this world, through your eyes. It was then that I realized that you were my brother and no matter how much I tried to hate you, I couldn't, because I had grown to love you.

During the next few days, we again became acquainted with each other. I would buy you toys and give you all the love that a sister could ever give to her brother. And you would reward me by smiling and hugging me. But I guess, you were never really meant for us. On your tenth birthday, you felt severe headaches.

The doctor's diagnosis -- leukemia. Mom gasped and Dad held her, while I fought hard to keep my tears from falling. At that moment, I loved you all the more. I couldn't even bear to leave your side. Then the doctors told us that your only hope was to have a bone marrow transplant. You became the subject of a nationwide donor search. When at last we found the right match, you were too sick, and the doctor reluctantly ruled out the operations. Since then, you underwent chemotherapy and radiation.

Even at the end, you continued to pursue life. Just a month before you died, you made me draw up a list of things you wanted to do when you got out of the hospital. Two days after the list was completed, you asked the doctors to send you home. There, we ate ice cream and cake, run across the grass, flew kites, went fishing, took pictures of one another and let the balloons fly.

I remember the last conversation that we had. You said that if you die, and if I need of help, I could send you a note to heaven by tying it on the string any a balloon and letting it fly. When you said this, I started crying. Then you hugged me. Then again, for the last time, you got sick.

That last night, you asked for water, a back rub, a cuddle. Finally, you went into seizure with tears streaming down your face. Later, at the hospital, you struggled to talk but the words wouldn't come. I know what you wanted to say. "I hear you," I whispered. And for the last time, I said, "I'll always love you and I will never forget you. Don't be afraid. You'll soon be with God in heaven." Then, with my tears flowing freely, I watched the bravest boy I had ever known finally stop breathing. Dad, Mom and I cried until I felt as if there were no more tears left.

Patrick was finally gone, leaving us behind. From then on, you were my source of inspiration. You showed me how to love life and live life to the fullest. With your simplicity and honesty, you showed me a world full of love and caring. And you made me realize that the most important thing in this life is to continue loving without asking why or how and without setting any limit. Thank you, my little brother, for all these.

Your sister,
Sarah

It's a LIFE, not a CHOICE

"Even so, come quickly, Lord Jesus."

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

A Lifetime Supply of Mustard

Nearly a decade ago the office consisted of an old dusty desk, three rattling computers, two for Jason and one for his two employees to share, the computers maxed out with the best software on expanded hard drives. Their best piece had been their scanner, now long retired, but top of the line and taking up a good portion of their precious desk space.

Time had changed things, opened up unbelievable doors of opportunity. Today the computers were hidden away in adjoining office space, over an expanse of three floors. This old room had been transformed into a conference room where potential investors and clients were gladly welcomed. Their company name was equated with advertising capability and proficiency. Polished award plaques lined the conference room wall, honoring great moments of brilliance and the steady, enduring hard work his employees put in behind him.

Jason Smitz had some of the best advertizement minds working under his company name, clients in 12 states, money in the bank and a new house for his mother-yet, he felt torn, tired. There was a hole in his heart about the size of a tuna sandwich, with the crust cut off and the mayonnaise light, missing the sweet words "MADE" on one side and "4 ME" on the other side of the bread, browned with butter gently warmed on the frying pan. The rolling discussion mumbled through his mind as his advertisement team bartered and debated over advertisement lingo and the current advertizing semantics.

Jason leaned back from the conference table and stared out the window and into the city scape that surrounded him. He wondered where Susie was, and a feeling close to jealousy arose as he tried not to think about who's bread she was buttering now . . . .

He hadn't been able to sleep in a week, hadn't been able to slow the rolling wheel of uncertainty and confusion. The details were blurring, the reasoning dull.

"Jason-"

"His mind's not here-it's on his stomach."

"Or in the kitchen."

Irritation swelled as he heard the snickering behind the words, "Yeah," he muttered, refusing to acknowledge their comments, "sorry. What did you ask?"

"Among other things?" Rudy Roberts, in his seventh year with the company, smirked as he shook his head, "We were wondering when lunch would be here."

"He's joking," Betty Lee jumped in, shooting Rudy with a strict glare. She sat at Jason's right, and reached over and touched his sleeve with a hesitant hand. The perfected french manicure made her hands look pasty against the white sleeve of his shirt, "but really, Jason. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine."

"Susie-Q really hit you over the head with her frying pan, huh?" It was Dave Schlotsky's turn. Tall, skinny as a pencil, and half bald, he was about as close to the father figure as their office had-but as young as he was, he rarely pulled the part off. He'd been Jason's first full time employee, outside of Mary, his receptionist. "Or maybe her rolling pin?"

"She could really do things with that butter, though," Rudy jumped in.

"Mmm," Dave leaned back in his chair and rolled his hands in his lap, "and we don't even know about the after hours cooking lessons."

"Guys, please!" Betty broke in. She looked back at Jason, measuring him with her eyes. Her dark hair was pulled away from her face, revealing large, concerned eyes and a forehead worried over by her frown, "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine."

"It was just kind of sudden. You were together, then you were a part. You haven't said much about it."

He hadn't spoken because it was hard to talk about it or around it and Susie was none of their business, anyway. Maybe it had been sudden, he thought, but the three months seemed more like a lifetime now. It was hard to think back through his memories without remembering her, molding her own recollections with his. They'd been able to talk about everything, to share. She had a spiritual center, a focus on God that strengthened him. He'd thought they were molding, forming, growing together. He hadn't noticed the cracks until it was too late.

" . . . kind of weird, you know. She could stand out like a clown in a crowd without the big red nose and multi-colored hair."

He'd liked her individuality, he thought, immediately bristling at Dave's statement. He supposed not all girls could handle the bright colors or the flowing fabrics, colorful rings of plated gold and silver on every finger, and nails painted in intense, vibrant shades, but he thought she radiated in the rainbow of her wardrobe. And not everyone was blessed with a job that allowed them to cater to their personality.

"And that hair!" Betty chuckled, surprising him. She was usually the serious one, not lowering herself to what she called messy gossip, "I just want to get my weeding sheers out and get to work."

Spirals, he remembered, miles and miles of spirals that his hands would always ache to touch. He rubbed his hands together roughly, even now. It was red, and brightened under sunlight. Her eyes were green, expressive . . . happy and sad. Confused, hurt, as he'd last seen her. Deep pools of emotion.

"And what did you say Jason? She ate mayonnaise with her fries, ketchup with her eggs, and dipped her pickles in mustered? How ordinary is that?"

They certainly had it memorized-things, moments he'd known only because he'd been able to share them with her. Had he really addressed her in such a way to his piers? There were reasons for it all. She'd grown up poor with her mother working at a grocery store, bringing home the odd items that she could. She had adapted, learned to like and to eat whatever had been placed before her, including a countless supply of mustard and mayonnaise her mother had won a lifetime supply of.

Had he been looking for ordinary, uncomfortable with the extraordinary, and blown his chance at happiness?

His hand clenched into a fist as he pushed away from the table. "Let's table this, why don't we? Betty see what you can do for the Rochester account-"

He stopped at the brisk knock on the open door. Mary held out the familiar white plastic bag with a bright orange sun over the name Susie's Place. The look on Mary's face was hard, disappointed. He swallowed, hearing the word of his piers replayed in his head. "Susie-"

"She heard everything," Mary confirmed.

"Kendra?" he asked, speaking of the delivery girl that usually brought up their lunch. He was already moving toward the door. Mary stopped him, placing his sandwich in his hand.

"She let her go yesterday. Apparently the girl was given to running her mouth about Susie's eccentricities."

He swallowed over the growing knot in his throat, looked down at the sandwich glossed over by cellophane. He pulled off the wrapping. Same tuna, low on mayonnaise. Browned slightly, but no words written in butter, nothing but his quality, somewhat redundant, made to order sandwich . . . and the words playing in his mind, that Susie had heard, that she had already known were being passed around, even as he denied it.

He handed the sandwich back to Mary and pushed passed, his world spiraling out of control.
God, he prayed as he leaned against the back of the elevator. Help me make this right.

The little sandwich shop at the bottom of the office building had always been there, but had been transformed into a blossoming store when Susie took over a year ago now. When he'd first moved into the building, it had been a greasy looking hamburger restaurant, followed by an even messier Chinese place. The Italian owner had attempted to clean it up, but his heart problems had already lost him his own restaurant and the whole deal was too much for him.

But Susie ran a tight ship. Until today, she employed one clerk full-time and one delivery girl during the lunch hours. She kept special orders in a file beside the phone so anyone in the surrounding three office towers could simply call in their name and the time they would be hungry.

Her place was clean, the walls white and decorated in framed pictures of flowers, the old tile floor glossy under the florescent lights. Jason smiled as he passed by Megan, who was stocking the potato chip holders as she waited for a customer to decide. Her look was none to friendly and it followed him as he walked into the back as if he owned the place.

The kitchen was empty, but as neat and as clean as the front area. A few sandwiches were stacked, wrapped already and labeled with the orange sun sticker. On the cutting board was another sandwich, sliced into two triangles, this one with words written with butter, like his had been.

Jealousy reared all over again. Without thinking he reached for the sandwich, a tuna sandwich. The word on top was "WERE," but the sandwich was a little cold, a little stale, probably her lunch, that she'd had yet to eat. He turned it over, placed the two pieces back together, saw the word "YOU," and felt the panic rise.

Had she meant this one for him? A message-"WERE YOU" what I thought? "WERE YOU" all you promised, all I hoped you to be? or "YOU WERE" past tense-sliced in half?

"That's not yours."

Her voice made his heart leap, made it come down with a hard, thud of dread because of the hard, defensive tone. He turned, found Susie standing in the doorway coming in from the back storeroom, clear signs of panic in her wide green eyes. Evidence of tears, laced the red rimmed edges.

A yellow ribbon held the tail end of her french braid. Her hair was covered with an old baseball cap of her brother's that she always wore to keep hair out of her face. Despite the bright orange and red striped long sleeve, practically transparent over shirt, the rest of her wardrobe consisted of plain jeans and a white tank top. She was a sudden splash of life in the stark white, clean kitchen.

"Too much mayonnaise," she said and walked over, took the sandwich and tossed it in the garbage.

'We need to talk."

"It seems that enough has been said."

"Too much," he agreed and stepped toward her only for her to retreat. "You let Kendra go."

She clasped her hands in front of her, squared her shoulders, a look of defiance in her eyes, "I don't need an employee that's going to run around laughing at me with every delivery."

No, he thought, and she hadn't needed a boyfriend that had been an extension of such betrayal. How many times had Kendra been in his office, before and while he was seeing Susie, telling about all the quirky things her boss had done? How many times had he laughed, tuned it out, sat blindly in the middle of the whole thing?

It had all led down to last week when Susie had accompanied him to a benefit that his company had helped to sponsor. Maybe he'd questioned her more then once, suspiciously, about what she would wear, translating in her mind that he was a little embarrassed by her in some way. She had noticed him watching her eat, had cringed enough for her to see when she slipped the pineapple off her chicken, when pineapple in mustard was one of her favorites . . . mustard with everything.

She hadn't done anything out of the ordinary in the presence of the town elite and his business associates and potential clients, not to his surprise, necessarily, but to his relief-a relief she'd obviously noticed. She'd worn a somewhat reserved silver gown and had gone to the expense, one he knew would tear at her pocketbook, to have her hair and nails professionally done.

And then when tears threatened, she'd risen from the table as other guests stood to move toward the dance floor, and tugged him discreetly to the door where she'd asked for a cab and said goodbye with tears running down her cheeks. He'd been alarmed, a little angry, and had missed the hurt, the plea in her eyes.

Was it too late, now, to make amends?

"Susie-"

"You've made it clear how you feel about me, Jason," her voice was soft, her eyes downcast.

"No-"

"Actions usually speak louder the words, but this time, words were just as strong," she looked up then, tears running down her cheeks. "You expect me to be some sort of fool, some type of embarrassment. I didn't think it bothered you, and then I saw it did-"

"No, Susie, bothered isn't-"

"You never stood up for me. I thought you might be a little in love with me, care a little, just a little, about me, and there your were laughing behind my back. I was some joke the whole time. Some cruel, cruel joke to you. I don't even known why you bothered, why you kept coming back, taunting me with . . . even when you knew who I was, knew where I came from. Even when you snubbed me."

She turned away, wrapping her arms around herself, defensively, protectively. He watched as her hands rubber her arms. She shivered a bit, cold. He wanted to reach out and sooth, protect, warm her.

She'd cared for him so, giving smiles and hugs freely, leaving his paper messages in his lunch bag, writing the same message over and over on his sandwich . . .

MADE 4 ME . . . .

Making her own sandwich to say WERE YOU . . . or YOU WERE.

You were made for me. The words twisted together in his heart. Had she really felt that? And had he damaged such faith, such trust? She hadn't been able to give him both sandwiches and he'd missed it-missed out on the full extent of the heart placed behind his daily, very redundant, sandwich.

But he had hope, he thought, this time reaching for her, holding onto her shoulders when she tried to step away.

"I'm sorry."

"You never supported me. You didn't defend me."

"No," he said, turning her, watching her eyes look up at him, "I never let myself believe that you were so important to me. I didn't notice how all the gossip and the laughter affected me."

"You think I'm weird."

"No," he denied vehemently, pulling her closer, wrapping his arms around her, "Quirky, maybe, but that's not a bad thing. It isn't," he insisted, tightening his hold. Her back was ridged, the look in her eyes still accusing and skeptical,

"I promise, but it will take a little time for me to explain. Can you give me some?"

She was doubtful, and he didn't fault her for being so, but lifted a heartfelt praise to God when she nodded, a little numbly, her permission. He dropped a kiss on her forehead, letting his lips linger over the soft skin for a grateful moment, warming him, hopefully warming her.

She had been to Jason's apartment before, so she was a little surprised to be led up two flights of stairs past his floor. It was an old building, old enough not to have an elevator, one he'd chosen when money was tight and convenience to his office building had been necessary. The stairs creaked under their weight, and on days they were talking freely, their voices carried up and down the stairwell, even when they whispered. He could afford more now, she knew, but it was clearly his home and he needed little else.

She said little, crossed her arms across her chest, and waited. It was still hard to talk around the knot in her throat, still difficult to understand why he had pursued her when he thought so little of her. She refused to blame herself, or her mother for having to grow up in difficult circumstances. Each of the oddities he saw, she'd learned to view as blessings. Winning a lifetime supply of mayonnaise and mustard was like the widow's jars Elijah filled. They sold some of it off, gave plenty away, and still were inundated with mustard. God blessed her by giving her a liking for

the stuff, so it was hard to fault Him.

They stopped at the top of the stairs at an old metal door. He took out a key from his pocket and slipped it into the old metal lock. He jiggled it just a bit in the slot, tugged the door, sending a rippling echoes of metal against metal down the stair well, and finally pried the door open.

Her hair lifted in the night air as Jason led her onto the roof of his ten story apartment building. She took a deep breath of the cool evening air and readjusted the old army jacket around her shoulders. Underneath she wore her prettiest dress, a loose fitting sundress of splotchy green leaves, yellow and electric blue flowers on a candle-flame white background.

"This is it."

She looked around, finally resting her gaze on his. It was so hard to read him, to understand him, "What?"

"Hopefully where you and I can finally meet," he reached out his hand, and watched as she considered it for a moment before unwrapping her arms from around her and placing her hand in his. He led her to the edge to look down at the city below.

"I moved here after college, started a business, in a new town, with new business associates. I knew so few people. At night, when the city would grow dark, I would come out on the roof and watch it come alive. You can see it's other side, what you don't see in the day. You can watch it dance, here it's subtle movement as it slowly moves to rest. It never sleeps."

"I liked to come out here and stand under the door frame and watch the rain fall. Relax in the sound, in the rebirth, the coolness of it. I would stand there, up here, and pray, just talking to God about anything and everything, not just during the rain, but all the time. It was just that, when it was raining, it was like everything but God was locked out of my vision, as if this curtain had been dropped down to surround us."

He laughed when he saw the look on her face. Definitely perplexity, more than a little skepticism. "My first year, I just . . ." he looked out into the city, his dark brown eyes searching for what he had seen then, "I was different, but so in tune with where I wanted to go, what I needed to do, where I thought God wanted me. I tried everything to find the advertisement focus that my company needed. Riddles, songs. There was always something new and odd popping out of my head. When bagged our first big client, when we saw his profits soar, my small staff threw a party. And they gave me this."

He released Susie's hand and reached in the pocket of his leather coat and pulled out a plaque, handing it to her. She tilted it to catch the light that lined the rooftop.

"To the quirkiest man alive," she frowned over the words, but made herself read the rest of the inscription, inscribed underneath, in smaller print, "A boss that runs after the odd and finds gold, pushes past the everyday to find brilliancy."

She looked up at Jason, for the first time seeing past the mask she had always seen, to the expression of need.
He turned, reached out to frame her face with his large, artist hands, "You're the best thing that has ever happened to me, Susie. You're everything I've searched for, everything I've prayed for, everything I've dreamed of. You're reminding me of who I was, who I wanted to be, the man that I prayed that God would sustain. The passion for Him, for my work, the love of life, of people. Things I let get buried under power and control and . . . paperwork, bills."
"I didn't-" she turned away, focusing on a blinking theater light as she fought against the tears. She didn't want him to touch her, to be so close that he could see the confusion and pain, "I so wanted to fit into your world, but I was unhappy-"

"You do fit into my world," he said gently, turning her to face him. "Don't you see what I'm trying to tell you, Susie? It's who you are, who God created you to be, that's attracted me to you. Your vibrancy, the color your bring into my life, the faith, and the reminder that the best things in life don't have to demand the public's approval."

He closed his eyes slowly, and dropped a kiss on her forehead, gently reminding her of how precious she was to him, "You, were indeed, made for me," he said, drawing back so he could see the look in her eyes, a look he would cherish for the rest of his life, "Designed for me. Forgive me?"

Unable to say the words she would have said if she'd even known what they were, Susie leaped toward him, throwing her arms around him and holding on to her gift, her man. She smiled against the warmth of his leather coat, then looked out into the city, where this quirky man, her quirky man, had begun building his dreams long ago, where God had led them both.

Two months later, during an hour long ride on a carousel that Jason had paid for in advance, with children and couples getting on and off at every stop, and a beaming teenage attendant watching the entire time, Jason asked Susie to marry him. With the high pitched sound of the music of dancing horses and laughing children surrounding them, and colors bright as a rainbow swirling and framing the moment, what else could she say, but "yes" with butter, and some sugar, on top

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
A Love Story

One day, I woke early in the morning to watch the sunrise.
Ah, the beauty of God's creation is beyond description.
As I watched, I praised God for His beautiful work.
As I sat there, I felt the Lord's presence with me.

He asked me, "Do you love me?"

I answered, "Of course, God! You are my Lord and Saviour!"

Then He asked, "If you were physically handicapped, would you still love me?"

I was perplexed. I looked down upon my arms, legs and the rest of my body and wondered how many things I wouldn't; be able to do, the things that I took for granted.

And I answered, "It would be tough Lord, but I would still love You."

Then the Lord said, "If you were blind, would you still love my creation?"

How could I love something without being able to see it? Then I thought of all the blind people in the world and how many of them still loved God and His creation.

So I answered, "Its hard to think of it, but I would still love you."

The Lord then asked me, "If you were deaf, would you still listen to my word?"

How could I listen to anything being deaf? Then I understood. Listening to God's Word is not merely using our ears, but our hearts. I answered, "It would be tough, but I would still listen to Your word."

The Lord then asked, "If you were mute, would you still praise My Name?"

How could I praise without a voice?

Then it occurred to me: God wants us to sing from our very heart and soul. It never matters what we sound like. And praising God is not always with a song, but when we are persecuted, we give God praise with our words of thanks.

So I answered, "Though I could not physically sing, I would still praise Your Name."

And the Lord asked, "Do you really love Me?"

With courage and a strong conviction, I answered boldly, "Yes Lord! I love You because You are the one and true God!"

I thought I had answered well, but... God asked, "THEN WHY DO YOU SIN?"

I answered, "Because I am only human. I am not perfect."

"THEN WHY IN TIMES OF PEACE DO YOU STRAY THE FURTHEST? WHY ONLY IN TIMES OF TROUBLE DO YOU PRAY THE EARNEST?"

No answers. Only tears.

The Lord continued: "Why only sing at fellowships and retreats? Why seek Me only in times of worship? Why ask things so selfishly? Why ask things so unfaithfully?"

The tears continued to roll down my cheeks.

"Why are you ashamed of Me? Why are you not spreading
the good news? Why in times of persecution, you cry to others when I offer My shoulder to cry on? Why make excuses when I give you opportunities to serve in My Name?"

I tried to answer, but there was no answer to give.

"You are blessed with life. I made you not to throw this gift away. I have blessed you with talents to serve Me, but you continue to turn away. I have revealed My Word to you, but you do not gain in knowledge. I have spoken to you but your ears were closed. I have shown My blessings to you, but your eyes were turned away. I have sent you servants, but you sat idly by as they were pushed away. I have heard your prayers and I have answered them all."

"DO YOU TRULY LOVE ME ?"

I could not answer. How could I? I was embarrassed beyond belief. I had no excuse. What could I say to this? When I my heart had cried out and the tears had flowed, I said, "Please forgive me Lord. I am unworthy to be Your child."

The Lord answered, "That is My Grace, My child."

I asked, "Then why do you continue to forgive me? Why do You love me so?"

The Lord answered, "Because you are My creation. You are my child. I will never abandon you. When you cry, I will have compassion and cry with you. When you shout with joy, I will laugh with you. When you are down, I will encourage you. When you fall, I will raise you up. When you are tired, I will carry you. I will be with you till the end of days, and I will love you forever."

Never had I cried so hard before. How could I have been so cold? How could I have hurt God as I had done? I asked God, "How much do You love me?"

The Lord stretched out His arms, and I saw His nail-pierced hands. I bowed down at the feet of Christ, my Saviour. And for the first time, I truly prayed.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
All He Had To Offer

Here is a story, reported to be true, about a nine-year-old boy who lived in a rural town in Tennessee.

His house was in a poor area of the community. A church there had a bus Ministry that came knocking on his door one Saturday afternoon.

The child came to answer the door and greeted the bus Pastor. The bus Pastor asked if his parents were home and the small boy told him that his parents take off every weekend and leave him at home to take care of his little brother.

The bus Pastor could not believe what the child said and asked him to repeat it.

The youngster gave the same answer and the bus Pastor asked to come in and talk with him. They went into the living room and sat down on an old couch with the foam and springs exposed. The bus Pastor asked the child, "Where do you go to church?"

The young boy surprised the visitor by replying, "I've never been to church in my whole life." The bus Pastor thought to himself about the fact that his church was less than three miles from the child's house.

"Are you sure you have never been to church?" he asked again. "I'm sure I haven't, " came his answer.

Then the bus Pastor said, "Well, son, more important than going to church, have you ever heard the greatest love story ever told?" and then he proceeded to share the Gospel with this little nine-year-old boy.

The young lad's heart began to be tenderized and at the end of the bus pastor's story, the bus Pastor asked if the boy wanted to receive this free gift from God.

The youngster exclaimed, "OF COURSE!" The child and the bus Pastor got on their knees and the lad invited Jesus into his little heart and received the free gift of salvation.

They both stood up and the bus Pastor asked if he could pick the child up for church the next morning. "Sure," the nine year old replied.

The bus Pastor got to the house early the next morning and found the lights off.

He let himself in, snaked his way through the house, and found the little boy asleep in his bed. He woke up the little boy and his brother and helped get them dressed. They got on the bus and ate a doughnut for breakfast on their way to church.

Keep in mind that this boy had never been to church before. The church was a real big one. The little child just sat there, clueless of what was going on. A few minutes into the service, these tall unhappy guys walked down to the front and picked up some wooden plates.

One of the men prayed and the child, with utter fascination, watched them walk up and down the aisles. He still did not know what was going on. Suddenly, like a bolt of lightning, it hit the child what was taking place.

These people must be giving money to Jesus. He then reflected on the free gift of life he had received just twenty-four hours earlier. He immediately searched his pockets, front and back, and could not find a thing to give Jesus.

By this time the offering plate was being passed down his aisle and, with a broken heart, he just grabbed the plate and held on to it. He finally let go and watched it pass on down the aisle. He turned around to see it passed down the aisle behind him. And then his eyes remained glued on

the plate as it was passed back and forth, back and forth all the way to the rear of the sanctuary.

Then he had an idea. This little nine-year-old boy, in front of God and everybody, got up out of his seat. He walked about eight rows back, grabbed the usher by the coat, and asked to hold the plate one more time.

Then he did the most astounding thing I have ever heard of.

He took the plate, sat it on the carpeted church floor, and stepped into the center of it. As he stood there, he lifted his little head up and said, "Jesus, I don't have anything to give you today, but just me.

I give you me!"

extramarital

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Pastors and Deacons who preached false doctrine when they were alive are now in HELL!

Matthew 7:15: Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. King James Bible

[video=youtube;OUvDeiUEGIc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUvDeiUEGIc&list=PLqu52OZ_chlpi7-TCrAHXehSlbwf1l4UU&index=23[/video]

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Failed Again

Sam was part of the flying squadron. Each of the soldiers in this squadron had been given a futuristic flight suit that allowed them to literally fly 30 feet off the ground. Sam loved the thrill of flying through the air. But lately, he’d been having trouble. Instead of flying, all of his attempts had resulted in one failed attempt after another.

Sam hung his head low as he walked back into the building. He felt like such a failure. His attempt at jumping off the ground and flying had proved disastrous. In fact, he’d landed on the ground, done a somersault, and had a host of black and blue marks to prove it. How could he have failed his commander so badly again?

“Hey, man, what’s up? You look like you’ve been beat up.” The greeting came from Jason, Sam’s fellow soldier and good friend.

Sam explained what had happened, and the disastrous fall. He expected Jason to be shocked that Sam could fail so badly, but Jason wasn’t surprised in the least. His question startled Sam, “Did you have your flight suit on?”

Sam shook his head. “No, I didn’t bring the flight suit. I thought I’d flown enough times I could handle it.”

Jason choked in a laugh, but couldn’t quite resist a little smile. “Sam, you can’t ever fly without the flight suit. There’s nothing in you that will ever be able to fly.”

Sam stopped in his tracks and stared at his friend. “But I thought the commander expected us to grow and master flying on our own. That one day I’d be good enough to fly alone.”

Jason shook his head. “That’s just not how it works, brother. You can try all day, but you’ll never be able to fly apart from that suit. The sooner you realize that, the better.”

“Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.” John 15:4-5 (KJV)

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
From a prospective teacher, but also for us who have mountains to conquer.

You want me to go into that room with all those kids and fill their every waking moment with a love for learning. And I'm supposed to instill a sense of pride in their ethnicity, modify their disruptive behavior, observe them for signs of abuse and even censor their T-shirt messages and dress habits.

You want me to wage a war on drugs and sexually transmitted diseases, check their backpacks for weapons of mass destruction, and raise their self-esteem.

You want me to teach them patriotism, good citizenship, sportsmanship, and fair play, how and where to register to vote, how to balance a checkbook, and how to apply for a job.

I am to check their heads for lice, maintain a safe environment, recognize signs of antisocial behavior, offer advice, write letters of recommendation for student employment and scholarships, encourage respect for their elders and future
employers.

And I am to communicate regularly with the parents by letter, telephone, newsletter, and report card.

All of this I am to do with just a piece of chalk, a computer, a few books, a bulletin board, and a big smile AND on a starting salary that qualifies my family for food stamps!

You want me to do all of this, and you expect me NOT TO PRAY?

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Angels Once In A While

In September 1960, I woke up one morning with six hungry babies and just 75 cents in my pocket. Their father was gone.

The boys ranged from three months to seven years; their sister was two. Their Dad had never been much more than a presence they feared. Whenever they heard his tires crunch on the gravel driveway they would scramble to hide under their beds. He did manage to leave 15 dollars a week to buy groceries.

Now that he had decided to leave, there would be no more beatings, but no food either. If there was a welfare system in effect in southern Indiana at that time, I certainly knew nothing about it.

I scrubbed the kids until they looked brand new and then put on my best homemade dress. I loaded them into the rusty old 51 Chevy and drove off to find a job. The seven of us went to every factory, store and restaurant in our small town. No luck. The kids stayed, crammed into the car and tried to be quiet while I tried to convince whomever would listen that I was willing to learn or do anything.

I had to have a job. Still no luck.

The last place we went to, just a few miles out of town, was an old Root Beer Barrel drive-in that had been converted to a truck stop. It was called the Big Wheel. An old lady named Granny owned the place and she peeked out of the window from time to time at all those kids. She needed someone on the graveyard shift, 11 at night until seven in the morning. She paid 65 cents an hour and I could start that night.

I raced home and called the teenager down the street that baby-sat for people. I bargained with her to come and sleep on my sofa for a dollar a night. She could arrive with her pajamas on and the kids would already be asleep. This seemed like a good arrangement to her, so we made a deal.

That night when little ones and I knelt to say our prayers we all thanked God for finding Mommy a job. And so I started at the Big Wheel. When I got home in the mornings I woke the baby-sitter up and sent her home with one dollar of my tip money-fully half of what I averaged every night.

As the weeks went by, heating bills added another strain to my meager wage. The tires on the old Chevy had the consistency of penny balloons and began to leak. I had to fill them with air on the way to work and again every morning before I could go home.

One bleak fall morning, I dragged myself to the car to go home and found four tires in the back seat. New tires! There was no note, no nothing, just those beautiful brand new tires. Had angels taken up residence in Indiana? I wondered. I made a deal with the owner of the local service station. In exchange for his mounting the new tires, I would clean up his office. I remember it took me a lot longer to scrub his floor than it did for him to do the tires.

I was now working six nights instead of five and it still wasn't enough. Christmas was coming and I knew there would be no money for toys for the kids. I found a can of red paint and started repairing and painting some old toys.

Then I hid them in the basement so there would be something for Santa to deliver on Christmas morning. Clothes were a worry too. I was sewing patches on top of patches on the boys pants and soon they would be too far gone to repair.

On Christmas Eve the usual customers were drinking coffee in the Big Wheel. These were the truckers, Les, Frank, and Jim, and a state trooper named Joe. A few musicians were hanging around after a gig at the Legion and were dropping nickels in the pinball machine. The regulars all just sat around and talked through the wee hours of the morning and then left to get home before the sun came up. When it was time for me to go home at seven o'clock on Christmas morning I hurried to the car.

I was hoping the kids wouldn't wake up before I managed to get home and get the presents from the

basement and place them under the tree. (We had cut down a small cedar tree by the side of the road down by the dump.)

It was still dark and I couldn't see much, but there appeared to be some dark shadows in the car-or was that just a trick of the night? Something certainly looked different, but it was hard to tell what. When I reached the car I peered warily into one of the side windows. Then my jaw dropped in amazement. My old battered Chevy was full-full to the top with boxes of all shapes and sizes. I quickly opened the driver's side door, scrambled inside and kneeled in the front facing the back seat.

Reaching back, I pulled off the lid of the top box. Inside was a whole case of little blue jeans, sizes 2-10! I looked inside another box: It was full of shirts to go with the jeans. Then I peeked inside some of the other boxes: There were candy and nuts and bananas and bags of groceries. There was an enormous ham for baking, and canned vegetables and potatoes. There was pudding and Jell-O and cookies, pie filling and flour. There was a whole bag of laundry supplies and cleaning items. And there were five toy trucks and one beautiful little doll.

As I drove back through empty streets as the sun slowly rose on the most amazing Christmas Day of my life, I was sobbing with gratitude. And I will never forget the joy on the faces of my little ones that precious morning. Yes, there were angels in Indiana that long-ago December. And they all hung out at the Big Wheel truck stop.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Atheist Couple

There was an atheist couple who had a child. The couple never told their daughter anything about the Lord.

One night when the little girl was 5 years old, the parents fought with each other and the dad shot the mom right in front of the child.

Then, the dad shot himself. The little girl watched it all. She was then sent to a foster home. The foster mom was a Christian and took the child to church.

On the first day of Sunday School, the foster mom told the teacher that the girl had never heard of Jesus, and to have patience with her.

The teacher held up a picture of Jesus and said, "Does
anyone know who this is?"
The little girl said, "I do, that's the man who was holding me the night my parents died."

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Be Encouraged

A minister passing through his church in the middle of the day, decided to pause by the altar and see who had come to pray. Just then the back door opened, a man came down the aisle. The minister frowned as he saw the man hadn’t shaved in a while. His shirt was kinda’ shabby and his coat was worn and frayed. The man knelt, he bowed his head, then rose and walked away.

In the days that followed, each noon time came this chap, each time he knelt just for a moment, a lunch pail in his lap. Well, the minister’s suspicions grew, with robbery a main fear, He decided to stop the man and ask him, “Watcha’ doin’ here?”

The old man said, he worked down the road. Lunch was half an hour. Lunchtime was his prayer time, for finding strength and power.”I stay only moments, see, ‘cause the factory is so far away. As I kneel here talking’ to the Lord, this is kinda’ what I say:

“I JUST CAME AGAIN TO TELL YOU, LORD, HOW HAPPY I’VE BEEN, SINCE WE FOUND EACH OTHER’S FRIENDSHIP AND YOU TOOK AWAY MY SIN. I DON’T KNOW MUCH OF HOW TO PRAY, BUT I THINK ABOUT YOU EVERYDAY. SO, JESUS, THIS IS JIM CHECKIN’ IN.”

The minister feeling foolish, told Jim, that was fine. He told the man he was welcome to come and pray just anytime. Time to go, Jim smiled, said “Thanks.” He hurried to the door. The minister knelt at the alter, he’d never done it before. His cold heart melted, warmed with love, he met with Jesus there. As the tears flowed, in his heart, he repeated old Jim’s prayer:

“I JUST CAME AGAIN TO TELL YOU, LORD, HOW HAPPY I’VE BEEN, SINCE WE FOUND EACH OTHER’S FRIENDSHIP AND YOU TOOK AWAY MY SIN. I DON’T KNOW MUCH OF HOW TO PRAY, BUT I THINK ABOUT YOU EVERYDAY. SO, JESUS, THIS IS ME CHECKIN’ IN.”

Past noon one day, the minister noticed that old Jim hadn’t come. As more days passed without Jim, he began to worry some. At the factory, he asked about him, learning he was ill. The hospital staff was worried, but he’d given them a thrill. The week that Jim was with them, brought changes in the ward. His smiles, a joy contagious. Changed people, his reward. The head nurse couldn’t understand why Jim was so glad, when no flowers, calls or cards came, not a visitor he had.

The minister stayed by his bed, he voiced the nurse’s concern: No friends came to show they cared. He had nowhere to turn. Looking surprised, old Jim spoke up and with a winsome smile “The nurse is wrong, she couldn’t know, that all the while Everyday at noon. He’s here, a dear friend of mine, you see, He sits right down, takes my hand, leans over and says to me:

“I JUST CAME AGAIN TO TELL YOU, JIM, HOW HAPPY I HAVE BEEN, SINCE WE FOUND THIS FRIENDSHIP, AND I TOOK AWAY YOUR SIN. I ALWAYS LOVE TO HEAR YOU PRAY, I THINK ABOUT YOU EACH DAY, AND SO JIM, THIS IS JESUS CHECKIN’ IN.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Daddy, How Much Do You Make An Hour?

With a timid voice and idolizing eyes, the little boy greeted his father as he returned from work, "Daddy, how much do you make an hour?"

Greatly surprised, but giving his boy a glaring look, the father said: "Look, son, not even your mother knows that. Don't bother me now, I'm tired."

"But Daddy, just tell me please!? How much do you make an hour," the boy insisted.

The father finally giving up replied: " Twenty dollars per hour."
"Okay, Daddy? Could you loan me ten dollars?" the boy asked.

Showing restlessness and positively disturbed, the father yelled:
"So that was the reason you asked how much I earn, right?? Go to sleep and don't bother me anymore!"

It was already dark and the father was meditating on what he had said and was feeling guilty. Maybe he thought, his son wanted to buy something.

Finally, trying to ease his mind, the father went to his son's room.
"Are you asleep son?" asled the father.
"No, Daddy. Why?" replied the boy partially asleep.
"Here's the money you asked for earlier," the father said.

"Thanks, Daddy!" rejoiced the son, while putting his hand under his pillow and removing some money.

"Now I have enough! Now I have twenty dollars!" the boy said to his father, who was gazing at his son, confused at what his son just said. "Daddy could you sell me one hour of your time?"

Time is too precious to spend it all on work!
Appreciate your love ones and don't take them for granted...

Give to God what is God's

Give to the family what belong's to them

Give to Caesar what belong's to Caesar.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Which Way to Go?

There once was a sheep who didn’t know which way to go. The path she had been following had ended, leaving her in the middle of a small clearing that was surrounded by woods on all sides.

Upon closer investigation, there were many paths heading into the woods. But which path should she take?

Panic began to set in to the little sheep’s mind. She began racing around in circles, hoping somehow she could make the overwhelmed feeling go away. How was she to figure this out?

Then she felt a familiar pressure on her side. It was her shepherd’s rod. He was here with her! He would lead and guide her. As she stepped forward, he would use his gentle rod to direct her steps.

Peace returned. Her shepherd knew what he was doing. She knew her shepherd would never leave or forsake her. Her shepherd had literally laid down his life for her. She was in good hands.

“Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.” Proverbs 3:5-6 (KJV)

[Jesus is speaking] “I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.” John 10:14 (KJV)

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Daffodills

There was this man that was pronounced dead for 20 minutes on the operating table and as far as "Seeing the Light" goes.

He said he went to heaven and it was of visions and senses that a human cannot express. The streets of Gold that everybody talks of was but a mere speck of the beauty that radiated from this wonderous place...

But what he most vividly remembers is Jesus walking with him as he led him to Acres and Acres of Daffodills far and beyond. The man said, "Wow, I looove daffodills; they're my favorite flower!"

Jesus simply replied, "Why does that surprise you? I said that I was going to prepare a place ESPECIALLY FOR YOU."

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Daniel

It was an unusually cold day for the month of May. Spring had arrived and everything was alive with color. But a cold front from the north had brought winter's chill back to Indiana. I sat with two friends in the picture window of a quaint restaurant just off the corner of the town squire. The food and the company were both especially good that day.

As we talked, my attention was drawn outside, across the street. There, walking into town, was a man who appeared to be caring all his worldly goods on his back. He was carrying, a well-worn sign that read "I'll work for food." My heart sank. I brought him to the attention of my friends and noticed that others around us had stopped eating to focus on him.

Heads moved in a mixture of sadness and disbelief. We continued with our meal, but his image lingered in my mind. We finished our meal and went our separate ways. I had errands to do and quickly set to accomplish them. I glanced toward the town square, looking somewhat halfheartedly for the strange visitor. I was fearful, knowing that seeing him again would call some response. I drove through town and saw nothing of him. I made some purchases at a store and got back into my car.

Deep within me, the spirit of God kept speaking to me: "don't go back to the office until you've at least driven once more around the square." And so with some hesitancy, I headed back into town.

As I turned the square's third corner, I saw him. He was standing on the steps of the storefront church, going through his sack. I stopped and looked, feeling both compelled to speak to him, yet wanting to drive on. The empty parking space on the corner seemed to be a sign from god: an invitation to park. I pulled in, got out and approached the town's visitor. Looking for the pastor? I asked. Not really, he replied, just resting. Have you eaten today? Oh, I ate something early this morning. Would you like to have lunch with me? Do you have some work I could do for you? No work, I replied. I commute here to work from the city, but I would like to! Take you to lunch. Sure he replied with a smile.

As he began to gather his things. I asked him some surface questions. Where you headed? St. Louis. Where you from? Oh, all over; mostly Florida. I knew I had met someone unusual. We sat across from each other in the same restaurant I had left earlier. His face was weathered slightly beyond his 38 years. His eyes were dark and clear, and he spoke with an eloquence and articulation that was startling. He removed his jacket to reveal a bright red T-shirt that said "Jesus is the never ending story."

Then Daniel's story began to unfold. He had seen rough times earl in life. He'd made some wrong choices and reaped the consequences. Fourteen years earlier, while backpacking across the country, he had stopped on the beach in Daytona. He tried to hire on with some men who were putting up a big tent and some equipment. A concert, he thought. He was hired, but the tent would not house a concert but revival services, and in those services he saw life more clearly. He gave his life over to God.

Nothing's been the same since, he said, I felt the lord telling me to keep walking, and so I did, some 14 years now. Ever think of stopping? I asked. Oh, once in a while, when it seems to get the best of me. But god has given me this calling. I give out bibles. That's what's in my sack. I work to buy food and bibles, and I give them out when the spirit leads. I sat amazed.

My homeless friend was not homeless. He was on a mission and lived this way by choice. The question burned inside for a minute and then I asked: what's it like? What? To walk into town carrying all your things on your back and to show you a sign? Oh, it was humiliating at first.

People would stare and make comments. Once someone tossed a piece of half-eaten bread and made a gesture that certainly didn't make me feel welcome. But then it became humbling to realize that God was using me to tough lives and change people's concepts of other folks like me.

My concept was changing, too. We finished our dessert and gathered his things. Just outside the door, he paused. He turned and said," come ye blessed of my father and inherit the kingdom I've prepared for you. For when I was hungry you gave me food, when I was thirsty you gave me drink, a stranger and you took me in." I felt as if we were on holy ground. Could you use another bible? I asked. He said he preferred a certain translation. It traveled and was not too heavy.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Dark Candle

A man had a little daughter -- an only and much-beloved child. He lived for her -- she was his life. So when she became ill and her illness resisted the efforts of them best obtainable physicians, he became like a man possessed, moving heaven and earth to bring about her restoration to health. His best efforts proved unavailing and the child died.

The father was totally irreconcilable. He became a bitter recluse, shutting himself away from his many friends and refusing every activity that might restore his poise and bring him back to his normal self. But one night he had a dream. He was in Heaven, and was witnessing a grand pageant of all the little child angels. They were marching in an apparently endless line past the Great White Throne.

Every white-robed angelic child carried a candle. He noticed that one child's candle was not lighted. Then he saw that the child with the dark candle was his own little girl. Rushing to her, while the pageant faltered, he seized her in his arms, caressed her tenderly, and then asked: "How is it, darling that your candle alone is unlighted? "Father, they often re-light it, but your tears always put it out." Just then he awoke from his dream.

The lesson was crystal clear, and its effects were immediate. From that hour on he was not a recluse, but mingled freely and cheerfully with his former friends and associates. No longer would his darling's candle be extinguished by his useless tears.

"For You have delivered my soul from death. Have you not kept my feet from falling, That I may walk before God In the LIGHT of the living?" (Psalms 56:13NKJ) Jesus Loves You!

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Do You Love Me?

I created the heavens and the earth
I redeemed you all from the curse

I hung on the cross on Calvary
Do you love me

They pierced me in the side
But my love for you will never die

I'm coming for a church that looks like me
Do you love me