• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Just sharing.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
God's Message to Woman

When I created the heavens and the earth, I spoke them into being. When I created man, I formed him and breathed life into his nostrils. But you, woman, I fashioned after I breathed the breath of life into man because your nostrils are too delicate. I allowed a deep sleep to come over him so I could patiently and perfectly fashion you.

Man was put to sleep so that he could not interfere with the creativity. From one bone I fashioned you. I chose the bone that protects man's life. I chose the rib, which protects his heart and lungs and supports him, as you are meant to do.

Around this one bone I shaped you. I modeled you. I created you perfectly and beautifully. Your characteristics are as the rib, strong yet delicate and fragile. You provide protection for the most delicate organ in man, his heart. His heart is the center of his being; his lungs hold the breath of life. The rib cage will allow itself to be broken before it will allow damage to the heart.

Support man as the rib cage supports the body. You were not taken from his feet, to be under him, nor were you taken from his head, to be above him. You were taken from his side, to stand beside him and be held close to his side.

You are my perfect angel. You are my beautiful little girl. You have grown to be a splendid woman of excellence, and my eyes fill when I see the virtue in your heart. Your eyes -- don't change them. Your lips -- how lovely when they part in prayer. Your nose so perfect in form, your hands so gentle to touch.

I've caressed your face in your deepest sleep; I've held your heart close to mine. Of all that lives and breathes, you are the most like me.

Adam walked with me in the cool of the day and yet he was lonely. He could not see me or touch me. He could only feel me. So everything I wanted Adam to share and experience with me, I fashioned in you: my holiness, my strength, my purity, my love, my protection and support.

You are special because you are the extension of me. Man represents my image -- woman, my emotions. Together, you represent the totality of God.

So man -- "treat woman well. Love her, respect her, for she is fragile". In hurting her, you hurt me. What you do to her, you do to me. In crushing her, you only damage your own heart, the heart of your Father and the heart of her Father.

Woman, support man. In humility, show him the power of emotion I have given you. In gentle quietness show your strength. In love, show him that you are the rib that protects his inner self.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
God's Promises

Our Thinking vs. God's Promises

"It's impossible."
All things are possible. (Lk. 18:27)

"I'm too tired."
I will give you rest. (Mt. 11:28-30)

"Nobody really loves me."
I love you. (Jn 3:16)

"I can't go on."
My grace is sufficient. (II Cor. 12:19)

"I can't figure things out."
I will direct your steps. (Prov. 20:24)

"I can't do it."
You can do all things in Christ. (Phil 4:13)

"I'm not able."
I am able. (II Cor. 9:8)

"It's not worth it."
It will be worth it. (Rom. 8:28)

"I can't forgive myself."
I forgive you. (I Jn. 1:9 & Rom. 8:1)

"I can't manage."
I will supply all your need. (Phil... 4:19)

"I'm afraid."
I have not given you a spirit of fear. (II Tim. 1:7)

"I'm always worried and frustrated."
Cast all your cares on Me. (I Pet. 5:7)

"I don't have enough faith."
I've given everyone a measure of faith. (Rom. 12:8)

"I'm not smart enough."
I give you wisdom. (I Cor. 1:30)

"I feel all alone."
I will never leave you or forsake you. (Heb. 13:5)

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
God's Rainbows

Rainbows appear after
mighty storms when things
look their very worst.

Just when the skies are darkest
grey, look for the rainbow first.

The rainbow is a sign of
God's promise, that He will
guide us through all our
troubles, no matter what their form.

When you feel
battered by life's storms, and
you are filled with doubt and
dismay; Just remember
God's rainbow is coming-It's
only a prayer away

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
God's Resume

To Whom It May Concern,

I heard you were considering a new manager in your life. I would like to apply for the job. I believe I am the most qualified candidate. I am the only one that has ever done this job successfully. I was the first manager of human beings.

In fact I made them, so naturally I know how humanity works, and what is best to get people back into proper working condition. It will be like having the manufacturer as your personal mechanic.

If this is your first time considering me, I would just like to point out that my salary has already been paid by the blood of my son, Jesus on the cross of Calvary. What I need from you is the acknowledgement that the price is sufficient to pay for all of your sin and your independence from Me. I need you to believe this in your heart and to tell somebody else about your decision with your mouth.

The next thing I ask is the right to change and fix your life so you can learn how to stay close to Me. I will make some major changes and revisions. They are not for you to worry about. I need your permission to execute these changes, My way and in My time. I will change your desires and give you the strength to make the changes. Please keep your hands out of the way. Don't try to help me and Don't resist me. I really do need your full commitment and cooperation. If you give me those, the process can go smoothly, without delays.

Yours Sincerely,

GOD

P.S. I created the heavens and the earth. I AM. BELOW IS MY RESUME...

EXPERIENCE - From the beginning of time. Before the beginning of time. From everlasting to everlasting. I made time.

ABILITY - All Powerful

PRIOR EMPLOYMENT - Created the universe, put the galaxies in place, formed man. Established heaven and earth by My spoken Word and am currently holding up the world by My power.

EDUCATION AND TRAINING - I AM and I have all knowledge.

CHARACTER REFERENCE - Love, light, and life (1 John 4:16, 1 John 1:5, John 14:6). A representative, but by no means conclusive list of other character traits follows:

Wisdom - James 1:5
Comfort - Corinthians 1:3
Truth - John 8:32
Healer - 1 Peter 2:24
Strength - Phil. 4:13
Forgiveness - 1 John 1:9
Provider - Phil. 4:19
Mercy - Ephesians 2:24
Good - Matt. 19:17
Peace - Romans 14:17

AVAILABILITY - Willing and ready to take over your life. Able to put your life together again. Will bring all of who I AM into your life. Can start now. Will transform your life if you let Me.

SALARY REQUIREMENT - Work in your life has already been paid for through the blood of My Son, Jesus. Your only responsibility is to commit initially and on a daily basis. To trust and obey what Jesus has done and wants to do in your life.

REFERENCES - References available upon request

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
God's Automated Voice Mail System

I have learned to live with modern phone technologies as a necessary part of modernization. But I have often wondered, "What if God decided to install automated voice mail system?"

Imagine praying and hearing this: "Thank you for calling My Father's House. Please select one of the following four options: Press 1 for requests. Press 2 for thanksgiving. Press 3 for complaints. For all other inquiries, press 4."

What if God used the familiar excuse: "All the angels are helping other customers right now. Please stay on the line. Your call will be answered in the order it was received."

Can you imagine getting these kinds of responses as you call on God in prayer?

"If you'd like to speak with Gabriel, press 1. For Michael, press 2. For any other angel, press 3."

"If you'd like King David to sing a psalm for you, press 6."

"To find out if your relative is here, enter his/her date of death and listen for the list that follows."

"For reservations at My Father's House, simply press the letters J-O-H-N, followed by the numbers 3-1-6."

For answers to nagging questions about dinosaurs, the age of the earth, and where Noah's ark is, wait till you get here!"

"Our computers show that you have called once today already. Please hang up immediately."

"This office is closed for the week-end. Please call again Monday,"

Thank God, you can't call Him too often! You only need to ring once, and God the Father hears you. Because of Jesus, you never get a busy signal.

God takes each call and knows each caller personally.

Then you will call and the Lord will answer; you will cry for help, and He will say: "Here am I." (Isaiah 58:9 NIV)

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Let's Keep Giving Thanks

I was thinking the other day about how easy it is to walk past God's blessings instead of giving thanks in everything (1 Thessalonians 5:18), including what might at first appear to be an annoyance or interruption. May our lives be categorized by praise.

"In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." 1 Thessalonians 5:18

“Not again,” Sarah muttered as she made her way to the front door. This was now the second afternoon in a row that she had been interrupted from something important by the doorbell. Yesterday, it had been a neighbor with an old box to give her. Who would it be today?

Sarah was a bit surprised to find no one at the door at all. Only another old box. Sarah grumbled to herself about being disturbed for nothing as she grabbed the box and tossed it down the basement with the box she had been given yesterday.

As she turned to head back upstairs, she felt something under her feet. She tried to steady herself, but she could feel herself falling…

Sarah landed to the floor with a loud thud. I wonder who put this here, Sarah thought to herself as she rubbed her sore bottom.

Sarah’s brother Benjamin soon answered her unspoken question. “Oh, Sarah, are you okay? I’m sorry—I didn’t mean to trip you. That box came earlier this afternoon for you.”

Another box, thought Sarah as she stood to her feet. Why do people keep putting these annoying boxes in my way?

“Why don’t you open the box, Sarah, and see what’s inside?” Benjamin asked.

“Because I’m sure it doesn’t contain anything important,” Sarah replied as she tossed the box down the basement stairs. She had tried to open one of the other boxes she had received earlier that day, but had not seen anything inside except brown paper packaging. Another package she had attempted to open had given her painful splinters. Sarah felt quite confident that these boxes did not contain anything worth having. She was certain they were part of some sort of conspiracy to annoy her.

Sarah hurried through the streets. She simply had to get her errand done. Why did it seem that everyone was out to hinder her?

First Mrs. Adams had met her and handed her—of all things—an old box! “I thought you might want this,” she had said.

Sarah couldn’t understand it. Why did she keep getting these old boxes everywhere and from everyone? Sarah had politely accepted the box and headed back to the house to store it in the basement with the other boxes. Then she had hurried back outside to go on her errand, only to trip over yet another old box lying on her front lawn!

Things just proceeded from bad to worse. Everywhere she went, she kept tripping over old boxes and cartons of all sizes, shapes, and colors. She gave up trying to store them in the basement and began simply ignoring them as best as she could. She really wished she could make them all disappear.

Sarah didn’t think she could take any more. She’d been tripping over boxes now all week, and she was completely exhausted and frustrated, not to mention badly banged up from all her falls. So she finally did what she should have done from the beginning—sought out her father and poured into his ever-listening ears all her troubles.

Sarah’s father listened with never-ending patience as she explained what had been happening. “You see, Father,” Sarah finished, “I really just don’t know what to do! I want to be happy and rejoice in the tasks you’ve given me to do each day, but I don’t see how to do that with all these boxes everywhere. It seems like everyone I meet wants to put a box in my way.”

Sarah’s father lifted her chin and looked into her teary eyes. “My dear daughter, did you ever think of the fact that all those boxes might really be gifts someone was trying to send you?”

Sarah looked at her father in surprise. “Gifts? But they looked so ugly, and when I opened one of them it just had a bunch of brown paper—”

“But, Sarah, buried deep within that brown paper was a special gift just for you. You just didn’t look deep enough. I happen to know each one of those boxes of which you complain contained a gift carefully chosen especially for you.”

Sarah gasped. “You don’t mean, Father, that those boxes were really from you? And that they contained something special?”

“Yes, child, that’s exactly what I mean. Those people who kept putting those boxes in your way and seemed bent on annoying you were but messengers I had chosen to try to get you to notice the gifts I’ve been trying to give you.”

Sarah could scarcely believe it. All those boxes of which she had complained were really gifts from her father! All those people who kept annoying and delaying her were really just her father’s messengers! Her father was showering her with gifts, and she, instead of delighting in those gifts, had complained about them, ignoring some and tossing others in the basement like a box of rubbish! How that must have hurt her father’s heart! How could she have been so foolish? “Oh, Father, I’m so sorry. Can you ever forgive me?” Sarah whispered.

Sarah’s father smiled and drew from his pocket an old, brown box. “Open this,” he instructed.

Sarah carefully opened the box. Inside was a picture of a cross with the words “forgiveness” written on it. “My child, forgiveness is one of my gifts to you. You have missed out on the joy of seeing the many gifts I sent you each day this week, but you can begin afresh right now.”

A broad grin crossed Sarah’s face for the first time all week. A few minutes later she left her father’s office, eager to discover the gifts her father had in store for her. She hadn’t gone far before she tripped over something…

Splat. Sarah was on the floor once again. Her first inclination was to grumble and threaten to find whoever put something in the middle of the hallway, but then she caught sight of her father standing in the doorway. She leaped up with excitement. Who put this old box here didn’t really matter—it was a gift from her father! Oh, when would she learn to recognize her father’s gifts?

“By your appointment they stand this day, for all things are your servants.” Psalm 119:91 (ESV)

“Not only that, but we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope,” Romans 5:3-4 (ESV)

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Grandma and the Cake

A little boy is telling his Grandma how "everything" is going wrong. School, family problems, severe health problems, etc.

Meanwhile, Grandma is baking a cake. She asks the child if he would like a snack, which of course he does. "Here. Have some cooking oil."

"Yuck" says the boy.

"How about a couple raw eggs?"

"Gross, Grandma!"

"Would you like some flour then? Or maybe baking soda?"

"Grandma, those are all yucky!"

To which Grandma replies: "Yes, all those things seem bad all by themselves.

But when they are put together in the right way, they make a wonderfully delicious cake! God works the same way. Many times we wonder why he would let us go through such bad and difficult times. But God knows that when He puts these things all in His order, they always work for good! We just have to trust Him and, eventually, they will all make something wonderful!"

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Heaven's Grocery Store

I was walking down life's highway a long time ago, when one day I saw a sign that read "Heaven's Grocery Store".

As I got a little closer, the door came open wide,
and when I came to myself, I was standing inside.

I saw a host of angels, they were standing everywhere. One handed me a blanket and said, "My child, shop with care." Everything a Christian needed was in that Grocery Store, and all you can't carry, come back the next day for more.

First, I got some PATIENCE, LOVE was in the same row, further down was UNDERSTANDING, you needed everywhere you go. I got a box or two of WISDOM, a bag or two of FAITH, I just couldn't miss that HOLY GHOST, it was all over the place.

I stopped to get some STRENGTH and COURAGE to help me run this race, but then my basket was getting full, and I remembered I needed GRACE.

I didn't forget SALVATION, which like the others was free, so I tried to get enough of that to save both you and me.

Then I started to the counter to pay my grocery bill, for I thought I had everyting to do my Master's will.
As I went up the aisle, I saw PRAYER and had to put that in, for I knew when I stepped outside, I would run right into SIN.

PEACE and JOY were plentiful, they were on the last shelf. SONG and PRAISES were hanging near, so I just helped myself. Then I said to the Angel, "How much do I owe?" The Angel smiled and said, "Just take them everywhere you go."

Again I politely asked, "How much do I really owe?"

The Angel smiled again and said,

"MY CHILD, JESUS PAID YOUR BILL A LONG TIME AGO."

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
He Is There

In my day
He is there

In my night
He is there

In my pain
He is there

In my joy
He is there

For where ever
He is forever

MY best friend
My Heavenly Father
My Rock My Light

My salvation
He is there!

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
His Love

Humbly borne in a manger, though He could afford a golden cradle
Never had a house on earth nor a place of rest to be called His own
Mocked and laughed at when He bore the cross you're supposed to carry up
Was denied by friends and relatives; disgraced, hanged between two thieves

Nails pierced His hands, yet never protested on saving a sinful dying land
No grudge was voiced out from His holy mouth because love He is all about
As a lamb He was sacrificed, a long time promise just for you He satisfied
Life eternally with you, my friend, He longs to be, from sins you were set free

Unfathomable questions have been answered and prophecies have been fulfilled
Your a blood-bought, priceless possession He is waiting for to follow his lead
On the cross He was crucified, died and was buried, but on the third day rose again
He conquered death with victory, declaring how much He loves you wholeheartedly

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
His Presence

God doesn't promise His presence
When your team is way ahead and at their best
Or when your playing the perfect game and your passes never cease to miss their mark.

He promises His presence and all He has to give
When your game is at it's worse and your team is far behind.
When every pass is intercepted and fumbles are all you know.
When you find yourself bruised and battered by the blows of every play.

Then when your all to certain you've lost the game
His presence you will see.
His offence is swift.
He knows each play by heart.

His grasp is firm.
The ball He has never dropped.
He will be your best defense.

He'll carry the weight of every play for His shoulders are sure and strong
Before you know He has won the game and His loving arms you will find.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
His Unfailing Words

I once was a man full of emptiness. I meant nothing to no one. I was a leper, despised among all. My life was worth less than an ill dog. There was nothing to look forward to, nothing to hold on to. One day I met Him, from the first glance I could see the love flowing in His eyes. With all my heart I believed.

As He walked by I touched Him. I could feel a moving spirit in Him, The simple yet powerful words He spoke is something I will never forget "your faith has set you free" instantly I was healed. Free from my shame, my sinful body. Now as I stand here in agony I look at Him, my eyes meet His once again. Flashes of the great miracles He brought to us refreshed In my mind. I ask myself why do they hate Him so? I suppose the answer is that we fear what we do not understand.

I regain myself as I ask Him, why don't you just get off Master! I know you have the power. He just looks at me with those same loving eyes, the eyes I had just met months before. Though In great pain He still loves the very souls that bring Him such torture. Darkness covers the day sky as I heard Him speak to the unclean man beside Him, tears slowly rolled down His cheek and stung upon His wounds as He replied to the man, this day you will be with me in paradise!

The last thing I remember of that day is my Lord crying out with a loud voice, Father into your hands I commend my spirit! Just in that moment there was a fierce quake as the Earth shook! I gasped in fear as I realized my Lord was now nonexistent! I prayed for days, but finally I heard of a rumor, it told of his resurrection. All of my pain left me as I leapt for joy and searched for the truth that I had already known in my heart.

I finally found Him speaking to a crowd as He descended into the heavens, once again I felt the same spirit around me and through me consuming my evil and replacing it with such a perfect purity as I had felt the first day we met.

My Lord, my Savoir had risen and He will be back! For this is His promise and in these unfailing words of promise there is nothing but peace, love, security and truth. Amen

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I Am
My God, and my Rock, in You will I trust,
My Physician, my Healer, my King.
My Comfort, my Strength, in You I find peace,
My shepherd, the reason I sing.

You are the way, the truth and the life,
My Helper, my Joy and my Shield.
My Teacher, Provider, and you are my Friend,
To you my whole heart I will yield.

You are so Righteous, You're my Tree of Life.
In You I have wisdom and grace.
You are Almighty, the One Great I Am,
The Saviour Who once took my place.

You have given me life, and a reason to be,
I shall love you the rest of my days.
All of these names, I will lift them on high,
For You're more than worthy of praise!

You're the Alpha, Omega, Beginning and end,
Who was, is, and You are to come!
You're Messiah, Jehovah, You're Lord of Lords,
God the Father, Holy Ghost, and the Son.

You're the Lion of Judah, the Lamb Who was slain,
You gave up Your Kingdom for earth,
I nailed You with sins to a cruel, rugged cross,
Yet You love me for all I am worth.

Yes, You have given me life, and a reason to be,
You're more than worthy of praise!
All of these names, I will lift them on high,
For You are the Ancient of Days!

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I Am ( Another version )

I am a person in this world of hate,
I hear people say that they believe only in fate.

I see people dieing terribly each day,
I say things I don't mean in an ugly way.

I cry for those who have lost thier only love,
I am always here for someone who needs a hug.

I want people to be happier in the days of late.

I need someone who cares truely for me,
I hope everyone will be what God wants them to be.

I fear that people will,soon, perish in Hell,
But, I am not the one who is able to tell.

I feel that God will let me through his gate.

I try to help every person I can,
I wonder if they will ever truely understand.

I dream of the beautiful streets of heavenly gold,
I am a person who will soon grow helplessly old

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I Am

I am more than tomorrow
No less than the night
Far greater than sunset
No less than the sight

I am there in the morning
When you open your eyes
As you sleep I'm above you
To hold up the sky's

I'll never deceive you
As many have tried
My love dwells within you
Only to yourself have you lied

I'll always protect you
Even when you're alone
My child is my child
Even when you are grown

So tomorrow I'll be there
When you open your eyes
On earth if you need me
Or in the heavenly sky's

I am alpha and omega
The beginning and end
The Christ risen savior
Whose love never ends.
REV.1:4,8;4:8;11:17;16:5

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I Am Third

There was a boy who was very popular among others his age. He was an excellent leader in his school groups.

One of his friends visited him and saw a homemade plaque in his room with the words "I Am Third" on it. His friend asked him what it meant and he replied, "It is the motto I try to use in my life. It means "God is first, Others are second, and I am Third.'"

The driving force in our lives should be trying to please God. Secondly, we should take into consideration the needs and pleasures of others. With our own pleasures subordinated, we will truly be the humble servants of God.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I Asked God

I asked God for strength That I might achieve but I was made weak to humbly obey

I asked for health That I might do greater things but I was given infirmity that I might do better things

I asked for riches That I might be happy but I was given poverty that I might be wise

I asked for power That I might have the praise of men but I was given weakness that I might feel the need of God

I asked for all things That I might enjoy life but I was given life that I might enjoy all things

I got nothing that I asked for But everything I had hoped for

Almost despite myself, My unspoken prayers were answered.

I am among all men Most richly blessed.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I Cannot Pray

I cannot say OUR if my religion has no room for others and their needs.

I cannot say FATHER if I do not demonstrate this relationship

in my daily life .

I cannot say WHO ART IN HEAVEN if all my interests and

pursuits are in earthly things.

I cannot say HALLOWED BE THY NAME if I, who am called

by his name am not holy.

I cannot say THY KINGDOM COME if I am unwilling to give up

my own sovereignty and accept the righteous reign of God.

I cannot say THY WILL BE DONE if I am unwilling or resentful

of having it in my life.

I cannot say ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN unless I am truly

ready to give myself to his service here and now.

I cannot say GIVE US THIS DAY OUR DAILY BREAD without expending

honest effort for it or by ignoring the genuine needs of my fellowmen.

I cannot say FORGIVE US OUR TRESPASSES AS WE FORGIVE

THOSE WHO TRESPASS AGAINST US if I continue to

harbor a grudge against anyone.

I cannot say LEAD US NOT INTO TEMPTATION if I deliberately choose to remain in a sitution where I am likely to be tempted.

I cannot say DELIVER US FROM EVIL if I am not prepared to fight

in the spiritual realm with the weapon of prayer.

I cannot say THINE IS THE KINGDOM if I do not give the King the disciplined obedience of a loyal subject.

I cannot say THINE IS THE POWER if I fear what my

neighbors and friends may say or do.

I cannot say THINE IS THE GLORY if I am seeking my own glory first.

I cannot say FOREVER if I am too anxious about each day's affairs.

I cannot say AMEN unless I honestly say, "Cost what it may,

this is my prayer