• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Just sharing.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

In His Hands

Diane,a young Christian university student, was home for the summer. She had gone to visit some friends one evening. The time passed quickly as each shared their various experiences of the past year. She ended up staying longer than she had planned and had to walk home alone. But she wasn't afraid because it was a small town and she lived only a few blocks away.

As she walked along under the tall elm trees, Diane asked God to keep her safe from harm and danger. When she reached the alley, which was a short cut to her house, she decided to take it. However, halfway down the alley she noticed a man standing at the end as though he were waiting for her. She became uneasy and began to pray, asking for God's protection.

Instantly a comforting feeling of quietness and security wrapped around her, she felt as though someone was walking with her. When she reached the end of the alley, she walked right past the man and arrived home safely.

The following day, she read in the paper that a young girl had been raped in the same alley, just twenty minutes after she had been there. Feeling overwhelmed by this tragedy and the fact that it could have been her, she began to weep. Thanking the Lord for her safety and to help this young woman, she decided to go to the police station. She felt she could recognize the man.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Only Then

Only when he has ceased to need things
can a man truly be his own master
and so really exist.
~Anwar Sadat~

So if we have enough food and clothing, let us be content.
~Paul in 1 Tim 6:8 NLT~

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Learning To Run

The two-year old likes to run.

It warms my heart when I see his funny movements as he runs.
It also scares me because young children have a tendency to fall
very easily.

I was out shopping with my sons when the two-year old started to
run.

He fell.

If you are a parent, you completely understand the phrase,
"it hurts me more than it does you." There is something that
pains worse than physical torment to see your little one hurt.
He skinned his knee and elbow. He cried for a few minutes and
finally with the soothing of Daddy, quieted down.

We are like my two-year old.

There are so many areas of life where we must run:
some by choice, some by the force of circumstances.
There are so many new things.
There are so many times when our steps are unsure and we are not
experienced runners.

The older I get, the more I understand how a Divine Father can
let us go through some things and fall. I was tempted to stop
my son when I saw him run. I knew that sooner or later, if not
that day then one day, he would fall.

I also knew that if he was to ever learn how to run, he must
fall, and often I had to watch him do it.

I fell in business several times before I was able to run.

I fell in relationships several times before I had sense enough
to stop looking for perfection and know that we all have faults.

Even your second child is reared differently from the first
because you learn some things from falling with that first one.

I fell off of my bicycle.
I fell off of my motorcycle.
I fell on skates (roller and ice).
I even choked a few times while learning to swim.

We often fall when learning to run the things of life.

Too often bruises stop us from ever trying to run again.
We are afraid that we will slip and get hurt.
We are afraid of the pain.

My son runs much better now. I still wince when I see him run
on a hard surface but he won't stop running.

At only two, he has one of the keys of life.

He won't stop running just because he fell.

Your bruises will heal, you will get up,
and the path will still be there.

Though at times you may not think it so,
The Divine Father is still watching over you.

He just knows that he has to let you fall,
If you are ever to learn to run.

NOTE: The two-year-old is now driving. The principle and
oversight is still the same, the fall is just much harder.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Why The Righteous Suffer

Rabbi Dov Ber, known as the Magid of Mezritch, explains with the
following parable, why righteous people may at times experience
suffering and the wicked may prosper:

A father who wishes to teach his child to walk, in the beginning
will walk together with the child and hold his hand. Then he
will move away from the child, leaving the child on his own.

The child will then take a step toward his father and the father
will retreat a bit further so that the child will take a few
more steps on his own. The father will repeat this process in
order to get the child to walk greater and greater distances.

To the child it may seem that the father is moving away and
ignoring him, yet the father does this out of love and care for
he knows that the child's growth and development depends on
this.

The same is with the righteous people.

At times it may seem that God is ignoring them, yet, in truth as
they come closer to God, He will move away so that the righteous
person will continuously move closer to Him.

Through this process, the righteous person ascends higher and
higher spiritually.

This is what the Torah means with, "just as a man reproaches his
son so the Lord your God chastises you." Deu. 5:8

A person will seldom reprimand someone else's child. The reason
and purpose a father chastises his child is out of love for the
child for the sake of setting him on the right path and for
his spiritual growth.

So too, the tests which God gives us should be taken as proof
that He cares for us and considers us His children and His
responsibility.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Inner Wars

Welcome little one, are you having fun, so you thought you might, really thought you could, do something good for your lively hood. Well here some things you didn't see you lacked, hey wait man, get yourself back.

You ain't about to get yourself to leave, now you're amongst the unseen. Beauty is my name, your pleasure is my game, fairest of them all, all though I fell it's ok I'm doing well. You want to get the hell out real fast, doesn't take to long, you wont last. Balance is not that bad, no need to be sad, there's plenty to be had, between the good and bad. And no need to be going back, you can get them things that you think you lack. Because it doesn't matter what you think you do, or even who you think you do it to.

It's ok you be doing well, you see, you got this thing called free will. So stand on your own, and make it your new home. In balance you'll be found, dancing all around, neither bad nor good in balance neighborhood. And eowwww your fighting to be free, your just like me, and on your belly you shall crawl, oh yea!!!!!!!!!

Well ya still feel that ya think your gonna leave, and fighting hard for your belief, in the one that you call your home, there's no place else, and your not alone! Your running for the mark, your never gonna stop, your getting that reward is what your fighting for. Or you may be way too scared of me, the pits of hell's fire I breath. Don't want to be damned in Satan's hands for ever more in my promised land.

Doesn't matter how you see it anyway, But let me tell you something, it's OK! Your only looking after a number one, in saving yourself, go ahead son!!!!!!!!

And your fighting to be free, your just like me, and on your belly you shall crawl, oh yea!!!!!!!!! (seekers response to evil)

Well I find myself sitting here with you, listening to all your damned half truths, no need to be sad, only to be glad, there's plenty to be had between the good and bad. And I really haven't very much to say, but let me tell you something it's OK!!!!!!!

I knew right from the start, you'd try to steel my heart, and only take me away, from what I believe today. Confusion is your name, deception is your game, and wanting me to be all insane. I'm not on the run for what you think I lack,

I've known there's no turning back. Now balance so you say, is the only way, I'll neither stand for love, me or hate.
If balance is the hand, confusion is the land, and no one shall be found, dancing all around. Delusion of confusion, we'll all be loosing, fighting for the sighting, of some kind of lighting, only to find, a void of life, clinging to what is seen, my, I , me!

And yes, I'm fighting to be free, but not like the..... but on my belly, I have crawled! OH Yea!!!! Balance you don't care, you're trying to get me there, in your fiery hands, in your promise land, so that you may say, I've done today, taken another man, out of your hands.

It's a game to you, running from truth, But it's OK, what do you care, your already there, all alone in your fiery home. And from your swelling hate, you'll continue to debate, when in my home, no one's alone, all serene minds, no one is blind, all shall see who we truly be, were we come from, what was done, In it we'll be there, love everywhere, a place for all, big or small.

No disease is found, no more frowns. Hate shall dissipate, no one will be late all in the light, within our home no fright, only to be, what we're created to see. And yes, I'm fighting to be free, but not like the..... but on my belly, I have crawled! OH Yea!!!!

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Jesus Loves Me

Jesus Loves Me This I Know
Up In The Morning & To Work I Go
Through The Day He Loves Me Still
But Am I Really Doing His Will

The People We Work With He Loves Them To
But Can He Really Depend On You
To Tell Them Of His Gracious Love
Or That They're The Ones He's Thinking Of

They Have Problems Just Like You
And Sometimes Wonder What To Do
If You Know The Answers To What They Need
Are You Sowing Those Seeds

The Seeds Today That You Sow
From This Day Forward Will Grow & Grow
Into Salvation For Those Who Hear
If You Will Be Faithful Year After Year

Jesus Loves Them This I Know
Now I Pray Over The Seeds I've Sown
Will I Be Able To Sleep Tonight
Knowing Today I Did What Was Right Dedicated

To Jesus Christ & All Those Who Need Him.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Count your blessings instead of your crosses;
Count your gains instead of your losses.

Count your joys instead of your woes;
Count your friends instead of your foes.

Count your smiles instead of your tears;
Count your courage instead of your fears.

Count your full years instead of your lean;
Count your kind deeds instead of your mean.

Count your health instead of your wealth;
Count on God instead of yourself.

Happyhour

Alfrescian
Loyal
A teenage Jewish girl in Belgium was told by her math teacher, "We should put you all on freight wagons." The casual anti-Semitism of so many people in Europe and around the world is shocking...but it is hardly new. This is simply the reappearance of an ancient evil.

Throughout history the Jewish people have been targeted for destruction. From the days of Pharaoh in Egypt to the Inquisition to the Holocaust and now in our day the goal has been to annihilate God's Chosen People.

The leaders of the world may pay lip service to condemning this evil, but they are not fighting it. And, in truth, the most important battle for Israel's future is the spiritual battle rather than the physical one.

Israel needs your prayers now more than ever as the security and the welfare of the Jewish people are at risk with the constant fear of bombings and threats on every border.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Judgment Day

You stand before God with sweaty palms and a racing heart. He's asking you only one question: Do you know and have you accepted My Son?

You reply confidently: Yes.

Finally, He has granted you entry into heaven.

As you are about to enter the golden gates, your friend at school -- whom you've known for quite sometime -- quickly yells something at you. You know that person isn't a Christian and a deep sorrow sweeps over you as you remember how you tried to just get enough courage to speak to him/her about Christ.

But, now it is too late. You look into the eyes of this friend you've known and can't help to feel some pity for them. You know what's going to happen. You try to ignore the feeling of guilt and sadness. Besides, you're going to heaven -- why dwell the past? You strain your ears to hear what he/she is trying to say. Finally, you understand. Your friend is asking you one simple question:

"Why didn't you tell me?"

Isaiah 43:8 -- Lead out those who have eyes but are blind, who have ears but are deaf

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Each Day Is A New Day

It was very early in the day but I was a little miffed.
The feeling was left over from yesterday. You've had those
days where something that happened still left you feeling upset,
angry, hurt or emotionally drained.

Today was one of those days.

I went back to bed to perhaps just rest and get my mind and
spirit settled. Then I heard the voice. You know, "that voice."

Call it what you will but it's the voice that has always
guided your action and conscience to do the right thing.
It spoke,

"Each day is a new day."

I understood.

The stuff that happened yesterday was gone, it was over but it
wasn't over in my mind. Yet I had been granted an entirely new
day. The old stuff was gone and only stayed alive in my mind.

Each day is a new day.

I let the thought sink into my spirit and I felt the negative
feelings begin to fade away and be replaced with peace. I then
realized that I had a new way of looking at everything and everyone.

I understood the awesome power if we truly digested these six
words. I also knew that I (and you too) needed to be reminded
each day that today is a new day.

Grasp these hallowed words and do not let stuff of the
past ruin your present and future.

Each day is a new day.

Do not let yesterday worry you nor tomorrow.
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry
about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
(Mat 6:34 NIV)

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Kristina's Testimony

I guess I have lived a real hard teenage life. First of all when I was about 3 or 4 my parents split up. All I knew was that my dad was moving and mommy and daddy did not love each other anymore. Time went on and my dad and his NEW wife moved to New Jersey. I remember my dad saying me and my brother could come visit him. Well, that did not work out so great.

Years went by and I was growing into a teenager. With all this peer pressure and not knowing what to do I did some really stupid things. I pray each and every night that God can forgive me. I thought that a way to get out anger was to hurt myself. I drunk, smoked, did things with guys and started cutting myself.

To me it was better then having to dill with the real problem. I look back now and I say to myself "That problem was sooooooo stupid to hurt myself."

When I was 12 or 13 years old my Aunt and Uncle killed themselves. I was so scared and confused. I thought if they did it, it was right to do that too. I was the kinda person who would always carry a smile on my face but really inside it was not that good.

At that point of time me and my Mom did not get along. Every day we would fight over something. I can't believe I treated my Mom the way I did. I hope she can forgive me.

Now I write this story to tell others that there is a way out. Before you go and do something stupid STOP AND THINK ABOUT THE REAL PROBLEM!! I know you will find a better way out. Just turn to Jesus and tell him your problems. Sometimes I feel like God does not have time to listen to my problems but really he does. God has time for all of us.

For once in my life I feel like if I steak to my goals I will be somebody in life. God has helped me like a lot. I feel like a totally different person. Each morning I get up thanking God for letting me be here. At any time god could take your life away. Be thankful for what you have and keep your head up high. Never let anyone tell you that you don't mean anything in life cause YOU DO.

After reading this story I hope you will realize that doing this stuff is only hurting yourself. It might make others upset at you but really you are the one who is getting hurt. If anybody out there who would just like to talk or ask me a question just E-mail me or IM me and tell me if you liked the [email protected]. If you feel like there is no body to talk to I am here with a listening ear. I will try to help you in any shape and form but remember I don't have the answer to everything. I hope to here from you soon!!!

Buh Bye and God bless. Love, Kristina

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Life In The Military

Who ever said the Christian life was easy? If you think it is easy, then I have an experiment for you. Step 1: Memorize the Bible verse "Do not be conformed to this world." Step 2: Go down to your local recruiter, and tell them you want to join the military. Your recruiter will smile, shake your hand, and reward you with a prize: "An all expenses paid trip directly to the Arabian Gulf".

With all the war talk in the air, this sounds patriotic, right? If you actually take the verse literally, and try your best to abide by God's request, then you are in for a world of opposition. This verse is a classic formula for heartache, loneliness, behind your back ridicule and rejection. Imagine if you will the cliche movie scene where the actor is surrounded by scorpions, snakes, beetles or creatures, etc. in an airtight room where the only way he can fend them off is a single torch. Eventually, the air runs out and the actor is attacked. You now have a mental description of what it is like being a Christian in today's military.

The second you say goodbye to your family and friends you might as well place a bulls-eye on your back because you will be a target for Satan and his demons. We live in this country founded on the principle of God, and we live on a concept of freedom of religion. Ideally, we are guaranteed this right, but the application of this right in the military is a difficult one.

Most Christians will go their whole life never realizing how privileged they are living under this concept of freedom of religion. We as Americans have the freedom to go to any church we choose. Don't agree with their teachings? Then we can freely leave and join another church. Most Americans don't even think twice about the fact that we have such a freedom. It is something we just take for granted living in the United States.

What happens, though, if this freedom of choice which we have grown so accustomed to having suddenly is taken away? What if you weren't able to go to the church to fellowship with other Christians? Or for that matter what if there weren't any churches period? What happens if your Christian radio station during your drive to/from work was suddenly taken away? No more Christian friends, no more Bible studies during mid-week. Nothing. What would you do then? How long could you hold off Satan without your friends around to use as a crutch? Or your pastor to answer questions? How long could you last before compromising? Now you can begin to understand my world.

Welcome to a day in the life of a Born Again Christian stationed on any ship currently in the Arabian Gulf. "Do not be conformed to this world" is not an easy task out here. Christians are greatly outnumbered and make easy targets for the supernatural beings involved in this spiritual battle called the Arabian Gulf.

Readers, let me remind you that as Christians we are engaged in a war greater than the War on Terrorism. Evil principalities are behind the terrorists and the current regime in Iraq. Believe me when I say the Babylonian empire is emerging stronger than ever as was predicted would happen in the End Times. Notice the similarities between front pages of the news today and ancient Babylon in the Old Testament.

Saddam and Bin Laden have vowed to eliminate all Jews and their protectors. They will stop at nothing until this is accomplished. Has anything changed since Old Testament times when Israelites were despised and enslaved in Ancient Babylon with King Nebechanezzar? No! Saddam is in the process of rebuilding a kingdom and coincidently refers to it as a Modern day Babylon?

Satan is very much involved in re-establishing his kingdom. He is doing everything he can to protect his interests. His battle plan? Demoralize and render all Christians useless. Attack all Christians and make them conform to be like everyone else. Attack, attack, attack until they compromise. It is different being on a ship over here in the Gulf. We wake up and are at work. We don't have the liberty of going home to Christian safeguards.

There aren't any church services, Bible studies, Men's or Women's groups. You have your Bible and that is it. At home, you can surround yourself with Christian friends. Out here things are different. For mere companionship you have to become friends with non-Christians here, because that is all you have. Satan knows this very well. He does everything he can to hinder any topics concerning Christianity. It is like clockwork. Begin to talk about Jesus or about your beliefs, and within seconds someone else will come in, or the phone will ring, or an alarm will go off. It never fails.

Pulling into ports is a bitter-sweet thing in itself. You want to go and see the sights, and everyone else wants to go to bars and drink all night long. Tell someone you don't drink and you are setting yourself up for indirect ridicule. At first they think you are kidding, but when you stand firm they are completely shocked. Then they try to get you to drink anyway. No one likes hanging out with someone who doesn't use profanity or thinks he/she is too Holy to drink. That is how it begins. Once you are identified, you are marked as an outsider. They think you are too good for everyone else. Everyone feels awkward with you or feels intimidated being around you. Keep in mind these people are the only friends you can have out here and now they just rejected you.

Satan does everything he can to smash your name into the ground. Loneliness, rejection, ridicule are all the emotional states a Christian experiences when he/she takes a stand out here. So my question to you is how long could you last? Still think the Christian military life is easy?

In conclusion I will ask for you to pray for us. Pray for the Christians deployed on the front lines in the Gulf. Pray for our walks and our relationship with God. Pray that we never waiver and that we never compromise. It is so difficult to live out here as a Christian. It is challenging enough studying and preparing for a war possibly with Iraq, let alone studying and reading the Word ready to handle all of Satan's darts. Pray for us. Let us finish the race clean and untainted never compromising.

LT John Gomez currently deployed on the USS Valley Forge in the Arabian Gulf.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Living For Him

There was a boy named Jason. He was 12 and skipped school most days. On the days he was at school, he picked fights with other school mates and got himself suspended. His parents were nevertheless very caring and loving towards him. Despite his inadequacies, they loved him no less.

His father who was quite a short balding man and who ran an anti-drug medical center, used to plead to Jason to stop fighting at school and taking drugs before things got worse. Still, Jason was unyielding and continued to do what he wanted with his life.

Over the next two years, things continued to spiral downwards for Jason, who moved onto harder drugs and started to hang around with a violent group of drug addicts and dealers, between which, they often had violent disagreements.

His parents, especially his father, were getting more and more concerned with Jason and due to Jason's larger frame, pleaded rather than scolded Jason to stop taking drugs because he knew what would happen to him.

When his sister also pleaded with him to stop, he got angry and yelled back, "I don't really care what happens!" It became a habit of Jason's to find the short way out of drug deals, trying to rip the dealers off with counterfeit money that he had gotten hold of. It was a dangerous game but he had no money and he needed the drugs.

Late one night, Jason's dad was driving home after work when he saw a boy being chased by eight much larger boys wielding chains and baseball bats. He realized that the boy was Jason! He stopped his car on the side of the street and chased after his son, with the men a few paces behind. His son, drugged and delusioned, slowed down and his father was able to catch up. "Run Jason! They're coming!!" He couldn't help it, he was incapacitated and unable to run any further.

Seeing his son in such a helpless state and the men closely following behind, Jason's father got to Jason and unable to do anything further, he embraced his son tightly, standing between his son and the pursuing boys. The boys reached the two and started beating Jason's father repeatedly with baseball bats and the chains that they had brought along. Over and over they pounded at him, trying to get him to let go of Jason, but he wouldn't, he couldn't allow anything happen to his son.

After only a short while, his grip started to loosen as blood poured out of his head and his body bruising from the blows and seeing what they had done to the man, the boys ran off. Bleeding profusely and convulsing from the blows, his father quietly whispered "I love you, son" as his eyes rolled back and breathed his last breath. Jason, despite being drugged up to his eyes was able to comprehend what had just happened.

Through uncontrollable sobs and incoherent cries, Jason realized his father who was still lying over him - lifeless, died to save him from the drug dealers who were after him. Still crying and hating himself for whom he had become and what he had caused to happen, he made a quiet vow to give up his drugs and his violent lifestyle. If not for himself, then at least for his father who died because of him.

Weeks later, Jason could be found at the medical center training to become what his father used to be, and continue to fight the fight against drugs. His inexpressible sorrow and shame for his past deeds gave him no other choice but to do whatever he could to be like his father - he felt fully inadequate but he tried anyway, he felt he HAD to at least try.

Think about this story and consider the parallels to Christianity.. God, our father, warning us not to go into sin and not heeding his warnings we entered into sin heading straight towards hell. God had to manifest himself as a pure and sin-free human being, Jesus Christ, and nailed on the cross - bleeding from flesh-tearing whips and stabs in the side from the Roman guards, He died so that we could be saved from the judgment that we deserved for being imperfect humans.

Then imagine the pain Jesus Christ would feel knowing that you, whom he died a slow, humiliating and excruciatingly painful death on the cross for, refuses to acknowledge that he died for you. Christ loves you and it doesn't take a fully conscious human to realize the kind of gratitude that we must therefore show to him. How would he feel when you are in hell pleading for him "Jesus, I now believe, please remove me from here!" With the pain and sadness of a father watching his son being tortured, he can only answer "Thou hour has passed, judgment has been set."

Or maybe if you do acknowledge his death, continue to live your lives, meaning that his death had no impact on you. Don't you feel at least compelled to replicate his life? If this didn't actually happen and was just a story created for another 'religion', Christians all over the world would not risk persecution, humiliation, hate and sometimes loss of friendship for sharing this story to those whom the love.. and don't want to suffer an eternity of regret.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Living In Hell

DAY #1

Dear John,

I died today ... It's a lot different than I expected. You see, I always thought dying would bring me into a world that is foggy and hazy. But this place is crystal clear ... it is even more real than life on earth. I still have a body and can think, talk, and feel. Right now they have me in a line getting registered I guess. John, I am kind of afraid. The attendants around me don't look too happy ... and just on ahead at the front of the line I can see a little sign that says Hades on it. One thing is for sure ... this sure ain't Heaven. John ... I'm afraid. Am I going to burn in hell?

Your friend,
Frank

DAY #2

John,

HELP! It's worse than I ever anticipated. I am surrounded by darkness, yet I can still feel the flames. I can smell my flesh as it burns. I am dead yet alive. I am in agonizing pain. I am thirsty ... my whole body feels like it is about to explode. Oh John, why can't I die? Why won't God just let me die. But there is hope ... they say there is a Judgment Day coming up where we will stand before God and He will judge our case and lives personally. Friend, my beloved friend John, I hope you never come here! I hope no one else will ever have to suffer like this. I am in pain.

Your friend,
Frank

YEAR #1,096

Dear John,

Today was Judgment Day. The hope I previously had is now but a distant memory. Now I know nothing but terror awaits me. The flames await to consume my flesh eternally. When my name was called, I went to stand before the Great White Throne. He who sat up on it called or the Book of Life ... as he scanned its pages, I looked at the multitude of angels and believers behind His throne. Then I couldn't believe what I saw.

As I focused my eyes I spotted you among the saints. There you were awaiting eternal bliss while I awaited eternal damnation. You sang songs of joy while I screamed shrieks of terror. Suddenly the voice of the enthroned God caught my attention, "Your name has not been found in the book, therefore I sentence you to burn in Gehenna, the lake of fire forever ... without hope .... without escape." I am terrified as I await my punishment. I have no hope.

Your friend,
Frank

The Day After Judgment Day

John,

I can feel my heart pounding in my chest. The angels who have been designated to cast me into the lake of fire are coming down the hallway. I can hear their footsteps. I have heard about this Gehenna. They say it is worse than Hades. How can it be? I cannot bear it.

The angels are at the door. Oh no ... NO! They are opening it and they are looking at me, John, they are grabbing me and carrying me out of the room! I can already smell the burning sulfur and brimstone. I can see the edge of the cliff where Hell burns! John this is it! I am without hope!

We are coming closer, closer! My heart is bursting with fear. They are holding me out over the edge of Hell ... I am dangling over its flames! I am damned forever! They have thrown me in! FIRE!! PAIN!! HELL!! WHY JOHN?!! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME ABOUT JESUS?

Your friend,
Frank P.S.

Wish you were here.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Moses or Jonah?

Whenever God calls upon you, is your reaction more like that of Moses or of Jonah?

We all know the story of Moses! When God called him through a burning bush to go and free his people, his reply was swift and bold: "Here I am Lord". He was readily available and although obviously afraid, he did what he was called to do.

Jonah, on the other hand, did what most of us probably would do. God asked him to do a job for him but Jonah's reply was a big 'No way!' as he ran in the opposite direction on a boat and God had to send a storm and a whale to get his attention until he eventually did what he was called to do.

Are you a Moses or a Jonah?

One man was travelling along the motorway in his car praying to God. As he approached a service station he heard a voice order him to pull over, find a coke machine, and to do a handstand against it. The man, utterly confused, fought with himself about whether to bother doing such a strange thing, and he began to do a Jonah as he drove straight past the station.

However, as he carried on the voice came again and the man slammed on his brakes, turned around, and drove back to the station. In he went and in the corner he saw a coke machine. He nervously looked around but everything was quiet and there were no witnesses to embarrass him. As he got on his hands, ready to flip himself up, a young man burst into tears.

The driver gets up, looks around, and sees a young man crying under some chairs. "What's wrong?" he asks the man.

"Well, you see that bridge over there?" the man replies, "I was just about to jump off it, but I gave God one last chance to prove his existence. I told him that if he existed he should send someone to this station and do a handstand against the coke machine. It was so serial I thought it could never happen unless God really did exist, and he sent you!"

The driver then shared his faith with the young man who never did get to jump off that bridge.

Imagine what would have happened to this man if the driver had done a Jonah and refused to follow God's call?

Please, whenever God calls you, be like Moses and listen to his voice. Be brave and trusting as God may well call upon you to do a handstand for Him!

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
RECALL NOTICE:

The Maker of all human beings (GOD) is recalling all units manufactured, regardless of make or year, due to a serious defect in the primary and central component of the heart.
This is due to a malfunction in the original prototype units code named Adam and Eve, resulting in the reproduction of the same defect in all subsequent units.
This defect has been technically termed "Sub-sequential Internal Non-Morality," or more commonly known as S.I.N., as it is primarily expressed.

Some of the symptoms include:
1. Loss of direction
2. Foul vocal emissions
3. Amnesia of origin
4. Lack of peace and joy
5. Selfish or violent behavior
6. Depression or confusion in the mental component
7. Fearfulness
8. Idolatry
9. Rebellion

The Manufacturer, who is neither liable nor at fault for this defect, is providing factory-authorized repair and service free of charge to correct this defect.

The Repair Technician, JESUS , has most generously offered to bear the entire burden of the staggering cost of these repairs.
There is no additional fee required.

The number to call for repair in all areas is: P-R-A-Y-E-R.
Once connected, please upload your burden of SIN through the REPENTANCE procedure. Next, download ATONEMENT from the Repair Technician, Jesus, into the heart component.

No matter how big or small the SIN defect is, Jesus will replace it with:
1. Love
2. Joy
3. Peace
4. Patience
5. Kindness
6. Goodness
7. Faithfulness
8. Gentleness
9. Self control

Please see the operating manual, the B.I.B.L.E.
(Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth) for further details on the use of these fixes.
WARNING:
Continuing to operate the human being unit without correction voids any manufacturer warranties,
exposing the unit to dangers and problems too numerous to list and will result in the human unit being permanently impounded.For free emergency service, call on Jesus.

DANGER: The human being units not responding to this recall action will have to be scrapped in the furnace.The SIN defect will not be permitted to enter Heaven so as to prevent contamination of that facility.
Thank you for your attention!

- GOD

P.S. Please assist where possible by notifying others of this important recall notice,
and you may contact the Father any time by 'Knee mail'!

Because He Lives!

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
ALL

He stood over my desk, a broken man but still holding together.

Mr. Willie Adams is a truck driver for our company.
He has worked for the company for 17 years.
He has been married for 39 years.

Last month, his wife died.

The death of a spouse is psychologically rated as the toughest
thing a person will ever deal with in life.
It was Mr. Adams toughest thing.

There was a statement that he made that really struck me.

"I have no guilt," he said.

"I did all for her that I could do in our 39 years. There was
nothing more that I could have done. If she asked for the moon,
I tried to reach up and grab it for her."

Those were his words. Those were his feelings.

He is not an academically educated man.
He is not rich by the world's standards.
But Mr. Adams had something that few possess,
an undying, unselfish love.

He said, "We married for love and made a vow 'till death do us
part' and we kept it."

It's the toughest thing that psychologists say we will ever
endure. Sooner or later, in all married couples, one must leave
the other behind.

Now is the time to begin traveling the path so that if you are
the one staying on the earth a little longer you can say,

"I did all that I could do, I did my best."