• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Just sharing.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Thought: Getting It Right

What ought I say? I wondered. My mind searched for the right words. I wanted to say the "right" thing.

It's so easy to fall into the "Get-It-Right Trap," isn't it? To spend our lives trying to wear the right clothing, do the right thing, and say the right words. Trying to get it right sounds (and looks) so righteous, but it can be a huge snare. We're called to rest in Christ's righteousness, not to make our own.

"And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:" Philippians 3:9 (KJV)

There's a freedom in walking by faith--simple trust and reliance upon God--rather than in human effort and striving to "get it right." When I begin thinking about what I ought to say, I need to remember it isn't about me saying the "right" thing. When I remember this, the tension disappears, and I am free to really serve and listen to the Lord, letting Him speak through my imperfect speech and actions.

This month, let's remember to rejoice in Christ's righteousness and walk in the freedom and joy His love and finished work brings.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
A Different Kind of Mission

Dan stared absently at his computer screen, his hands idly playing with a pen and his thoughts a thousand miles away. He struggled to refocus, but he couldn't seem to shake the lethargy from his heart.

His mind drifted back to the battlefield he'd left a few weeks ago. The bullets flying, the adrenalin pumping--he longed to be back in the action. It was so exciting to be a part of the battle, watching his Commander defeat the enemy. How long must he wait to begin his next mission?

"Hey, what's up, Dan?" While Dan had been lost in thought, his friend Stephen had entered the room and pulled up a chair. "You okay?"

Dan nodded and forced a weak smile. "Yeah, I'm fine. Not much happening here. Guess I might as well go home."

"Not enough excitement for you, eh Dan?"

Dan squirmed uncomfortably. "Not really. I keep hoping I'll get another assignment, but all I get told to do is wait." Dan sighed dejectedly as he spoke, and Stephen could tell his friend felt extremely frustrated at the situation.

"Dan, did it ever occur to you that you have an assignment? That this waiting time is just as important as the work and victories you witnessed at the front lines? And that you'll find the fulfillment you seek, not in getting a new mission, but in doing the mission you've been given with all your might?"

Dan struggled to digest Stephen's words. Could he have made himself miserable by viewing this time as a waiting time rather than as a mission in itself?

"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might"--his Commander's words from long ago came back to him. Whatever included here, right now.

Dan fought with himself. He could think of so many missions he'd rather have than the one before him.

He closed his eyes, an intense struggle waging in his heart. He knew his Commander was over the officers and circumstances that had caused him to have this assignment. So Dan had to decide: would he trust his Commander? Would he choose to embrace this waiting time--which was really a mission in itself--and surrender his plans and wishes? Would he stop feeling frustrated at the people and circumstances around him who had directly led to this assignment and choose to work at it with all his heart instead?

Dan battled with these questions for days, but ever so slowly, the lethargy over his heart began to lift. He felt as one waking from a dream world into reality--and he realized he'd put himself through needless misery. This mission, though different and less glamorous, could be a blessing too if he'd just choose to put his heart into it and trust his Commander.

"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might." Ecclesiastes 9:10 (NIV)

"And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;" Colossians 3:23 (KJV)

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
"It's time!"--this was the joyful message I felt the Lord giving me as a friend presented me a clock, along with a card on which was written, "All your tomorrows are in God's hands" and Philippians 1:6 (NIV), "He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion."

It's time! Time for what? I wondered. Was God trying to tell me it is time to give up striving on my own and just let Him take care of everything? Was He trying to tell me that my life was safe in His hands? Was He confirming that indeed He is ready to act?

My mind raced in many directions, but only one thing was clear--I needed to remain still in God's presence and continue to be surrendered to His plan for me and my family. After all, it's always time to be surrendered to God.

Being surrendered to God's plan over ours is one of the very best things we can teach our children. As you surrender your days to God, it will have an effect on your children. Surrendering is real--it takes courage, and it exemplifies obedience. It shows your children who is number one in your life as nothing else can. We can talk all we want to, but, if we are not following God in the way we walk, we cannot expect our children to as they get older.

School may or may not be out for the summer, but whether it is or not doesn't really matter--it's always time to let God have all of you, and all of your homeschooling endeavors. Whether you're schooling or just enjoying the summer and thinking about fall plans, take some time to ponder how much God loves you and your children and promises to carry on the good work He has begun. Take some time to ask Him to show you areas you may need to surrender to Him. Please join me this month in praying that we will let God have ALL areas of our lives.

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13 (KJV)

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
NOTHING CAN SEPARATE

From her bedroom window, Rebecca eyed the children playing in the snow enviously. How she longed to play with them!

“Now, Rebecca,” she remembered her father telling her that morning. “You can’t play in the snow today.”

“Why not, Father?” Rebecca had asked. Every day, the neighborhood children gathered at a park just behind Rebecca’s house.

“Just trust me, Rebecca. It’s not what’s best for you today,” her father had replied.

At the time, Rebecca had responded by kissing her father on his cheek and assuring him that she would stay inside and read. But now she was having second thoughts.

It is beautiful outside, she thought to herself. It was true: the sun was shining brilliantly. Why wouldn’t her father let her go play? Why should she have to miss out on all the fun?

When a snowball exploded just outside her window, Rebecca decided she couldn’t stand it any longer. She simply had to go join the others!

Leaving her book on the table, Rebecca slipped outside. She tried to tell herself she was having a good time, but all the while her heart felt uncomfortable. She kept looking this way and that, fearful least her father see her.

After a few hours, Rebecca finally said her goodbyes and headed back towards the house. She wanted to be safely lodged in her room before her father came home.

Intent on getting to her room as quickly as possible, Rebecca didn’t see the mitten someone had left on the stairs until her foot slipped on it. Next thing she knew, she had fallen several stairs. To her horror, she noticed that she had hit her father’s favorite picture when she fell! A huge gash ran along the front of the picture.

Normally, Rebecca would have hurried immediately to her father after such a fall so he could doctor her up and make her feel better. But not this time. How could she face her father right now? She had disobeyed him and ruined his favorite picture! Biting her lips to keep from crying out, Rebecca grabbed the ruined picture and hobbled to her room.

For the remainder of the day, she lay in agony. Her body ached from the bruises she received on her fall. But her heart—ah, that ached worse of all! She felt certain that her father would no longer love her. She had messed up in the past, but surely this time she had gone too far! He would probably never want to speak to her again. How could he still love her?

She sobbed uncontrollably on her pillow. She had always been close to her father. They had played and studied together. They had laughed and cried together. But not now. No, she felt certain that all those wonderful times were over.

Who knows how long she would have lain thus had not her nanny come in to check on her. Rebecca’s nanny had a way about her of finding out exactly what was wrong and offering solid, wise counsel. Tonight was no exception.

“Rebecca, dear,” she said firmly, but gently. “You’ve been very wrong. But you must not continue in your wrongness by sitting here. You must go to your father with the broken picture in your hand and tell him everything.”

“Oh, but I can’t! I’m not worthy of His love!” Rebecca sobbed.

Her nanny sighed patiently. “You were no more worthy of it yesterday than today, child. Your father loves you because you’re his daughter, not because of anything you do or don’t do. Hasn’t he told you everyday since you were a little girl, ‘I love you’? Do you doubt his word? Do you really think his love is dependent on you?”

Doubt his word—that was an angle Rebecca had never thought of before. Maybe she should go see her father…yes, she must go see him, for if she didn’t, she’d never be able to rest.

So, still shaking and trembling with fear, Rebecca limped down the hall to the living room. She paused at the doorway. Her father was sitting in his favorite chair, just like he did every night. He looked up when she entered, and a smile radiating with love illuminated his face.

“Ah, you’ve come at last! I’ve been waiting. Come, sit here on my lap.” As he spoke, he opened his arms widely.

Rebecca couldn’t stand it. “Oh, you don’t understand, Father! You can’t love me anymore. I’ve been terribly wicked and-” Rebecca held up the picture frame for her father to see.

“I know, Rebecca—more than you think. I watched you go outside. I watched you fall and hit the picture frame. I saw it all.”

“You did?” Rebecca was flabbergasted. “But-but weren’t you at work?”

Her father shook his head. “I took the day off to spend some special time with you. That’s why I told you not to go outside to play. Ever since I saw you fall, I’ve been longing for you to come to me so I could bandage your wounds and help you. Won’t you come now?”

Rebecca could hardly believe her ears. Her father had planned to spend the afternoon with her…and she had missed it. Oh, what foolishness! Yet her father knew it all…and loved her anyway. Could it be? “But, Father, how can you love me now?”

Rebecca’s father smiled a smile she would never forget. “Rebecca, dear, I loved you before you were born. You’re my daughter. And I will always love you. Although sometimes your actions will result in consequences you could have avoided, nothing can ever separate you from my love. Now won’t you come and let me help you with those bruises?”

“Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.” Romans 8:35-37

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I DON’T WANT TO CHANGE!

“But I don’t want to change,” Deborah repeated for what must have been the fifteenth time that afternoon. For years, Deborah had lived the life of a pauper. The open sky had been her shelter; the generosity of passerby’s her income. Now her father stood before her, offering her what he had offered her every day of her life—to give her a new life with him.

“But, Deborah, why would you insist on clinging to your pauper ways when I offer you a way of escape?”

Deborah could hear the pain in her father’s voice. Nevertheless, she stubbornly shook her head and replied, “I don’t want to change,” she repeated again. “I like the way things are.”

“But just last week, you complained about how you went to bed hungry. And don’t you remember how miserable life can be in the rain?”

Deborah paused as she contemplated these points. It was true. Life could get very miserable out on the streets. But give up the life she’d known? Oh, no, that she could never do! She would much rather go on complaining, even while ignoring the solution to her complaints.

“I can’t change, Father,” Deborah argued. “I’m too set in my ways. It’s just a hopeless case. I tried a few months back to give up this life, remember? And the very first day I was back on the streets! I just can’t help it!”

“Oh, but you could! I would help you! You could come live with me. I would give you other things to do besides aimlessly roaming the streets in this fashion. We could have so much fun together! Oh, do come!” Deborah’s father reached out his hand as if to invite her to join him in happiness.

Deborah shook her head. “I just can’t change,” she repeated.

“You can’t, or you won’t?” The question was made in a voice barely above a whisper. Deborah made no reply. She simply turned and walked down the street to continue her self-imposed miserable life.

Deborah’s father forced back the tears as he watched his daughter leave. He slowly turned and walked away. He would come back again tomorrow. Maybe then his daughter would be ready to accept his gift of love.

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:16

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
KEEPING FOCUSED

General Bradford was definitely an unusual general. He was known far and wide for both his infinite patience and love as well as for His justice and wrath. His soldiers loved him dearly—and for good cause. His orders were always good, and he personally found a way to care for each of the soldiers who volunteered for his little band.

Michael had recently joined the general’s band, and was now quite anxious to prove himself a good soldier. His first task was to learn to march.

“The key to marching is to stay focused and to listen for my commands constantly,” the general explained. “See that distant horizon? Fasten your eyes fifteen degrees above the horizon line. Don’t let them wander to the circumstances or people around you. Keep your eyes focused above the horizon, and your ears tuned to my voice. You’ll find that many, many things will try to distract you.”

Michael couldn’t imagine anything distracting him from the horizon or the general’s voice. He’d soon find out, however, just how easily he could get distracted.

The first time Michael actually had the opportunity to march, he lifted his knees up nearly to his chest each step in an effort to look like a good marcher. He desperately wanted to do a good job to please the general!

The general shook his head and gently admonished the young private, “Don’t let your desire to show off distract you. True marching isn’t about lifting those knees in show; it’s about putting one step in front of the other in sync with my commands.”

Michael hung his head. He had allowed the thought of what others would think to distract him from really doing his job.

Michael tried again, this time not worrying about how he looked. Yet he had such a hard time keeping his eyes above the horizon! His eyes seemed to constantly wander to the things or people around him. Then he’d catch sight of the general and remember his command to look above the horizon. Would he ever learn?

“George,” Michael called reprovingly, “your step is a little fast, and wipe the grin off your face. And Scott, loosen up your arms and let them swing a little more natural and—”

“I said flight halt!”

Only after walking several paces in front of the rest of the troop did Michael finally hear the command. He didn’t think he could ever forget the general’s reproof, “Cadet, fall back in line. Keep your own eyes and ears attentive and let me take care of the others.”

Michael stepped back in line. He was beginning to realize that keeping focused would be a moment-by-moment battle. It was SO easy to get distracted!

Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses. 1 Timothy 6:12 KJV

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
THE FORGOTTEN DIAMOND

Ashley turned the beautiful stone over and over again in her hand. “Are you really giving this to me?” she whispered in awe and wonder. The thought that her father was giving her this priceless diamond seemed almost too much to comprehend.

“Yes, my darling daughter, I am giving you that diamond. Love and cherish it, and keep it ever in your thoughts.”

Ashley threw her arms around her father’s neck. How she loved him! She couldn’t imagine life without his love.

For the first several months after Ashley’s father gave her the diamond, she guarded the diamond as she would her own life. She spent hours gazing upon it, then went and told everyone she knew about her father’s marvelous love. Her heart of gratitude showed in everything she did. She was kind and loving toward others because her thoughts were focused on her father’s kindness to her. She was always eager to serve and praise her father because her thoughts were completely consumed with him.

I’d like to stop here and say that Ashley faithfully treasured her diamond for the rest of her life and continually lived in the same joy she had those firs few weeks. But I’m afraid that would not be true. Ever so gradually, Ashley began to become accustomed to the diamond she’d been given. Although the diamond itself never diminished in value one bit, she stopped thinking of it as much throughout her day. While she was still kind toward others and told others of her father’s love, she did so more from habit and duty than from gratitude and joy. Her words sounded like hollow recitations instead of heartfelt realities.

“Ashley, can I talk with you?” Ashley’s friend Eliza asked one afternoon.

“Of course,” Ashley replied, wondering what Eliza could want.

“The diamond your father gave you—can you describe it to me? And can you tell me what that diamond means to you?”

“Why, of course I can,” Ashley replied. She stumbled through a description that sounded strangely vague even to her.

Ashley’s encounter with Eliza awakened Ashley’s sleeping conscience. I have forgotten to gaze upon the diamond my father gave me! I’ve forgotten to let it bring me joy. Saddened at her folly, Ashley slowly walked upstairs and knocked on her father’s study. One look at her father’s face showed Ashley that he already knew how she had neglected his treasure.

“Come, my dear, let’s go look at the diamond again together,” he said as he gently wiped her tears.

With that, Ashley’s father led her to the special case in which she kept her diamond. Ashley broke into a fresh set of tears when she saw the diamond. She had forgotten how beautifully it glittered and glistened! Her heart felt overwhelmed once again by the incredible gift that her father had given her.

“Oh, Father, please help me to never forget!” she whispered, looking up in love and admiration into her father’s face.

“Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.” Matthew 13:44

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Your Advice?
=================
Suppose your best friend came to you with a problem.

Suppose their problem was the same problem you have now.

What advice would you give them?

Follow the good advice that you would give them.

Often the wisdom for our own problems is already within.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Only Love Can Do That
===============================

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.
Hate cannot drive out hate; only LOVE can do that.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Something a little light hearted but has some truths .

WHAT WOMEN WANT!

==============================

Young King Arthur was ambushed and imprisoned by the monarch of
a neighboring kingdom. The monarch could have killed him but
was moved by Arthur's youth and ideals. So the monarch offered
him freedom, as long as he could answer a very difficult
question.

Arthur would have a year to figure out the answer; if after a
year, he still had no answer, he would be put to death.

The question: What do women really want?

Such a question would perplex even the most knowledgeable man,
and to young Arthur, it seemed an impossible query. But since it
was better than death, he accepted the monarch's proposition to
have an answer by year's end.

He returned to his kingdom and began to poll everybody:
the princess, the priests, the wise men, the court jester.

He spoke with everyone, but no one could give him a satisfactory
answer. Many people advised him to consult the old witch, only
she would know the answer.

The price would be high; the witch was famous throughout the
kingdom for the exorbitant prices she charged.

The last day of the year arrived and Arthur had no alternative
but to talk to the witch. She agreed to answer his question,
but he'd have to accept her price first:

The old witch wanted to marry Gawain, the most noble of the
Knights of the Round Table and Arthur's closest friend!

Young Arthur was horrified. She was hunchbacked and hideous,
had only one tooth, smelled like sewage, made obscene noises,
etc. He had never encountered such a repugnant creature.

He refused to force his friend to marry her and have to endure
such a burden.

Gawain, upon learning of the proposal, spoke with Arthur.

He told him that nothing was too big a sacrifice compared to
Arthur's life and the preservation of the Round Table.
Hence, their wedding was proclaimed, and the witch answered
Arthur's question thus:

What a woman really wants is to be in charge of her own life.

Everyone instantly knew that the witch had uttered a great truth
and that Arthur's life would be spared.

And so it was. The neighboring monarch granted Arthur total
freedom.

What a wedding Gawain and the witch had!

Arthur was torn between relief and anguish. Gawain was proper
as always, gentle and courteous. The old witch put her worst
manners on display, and generally made everyone very
uncomfortable.

The honeymoon hour approached. Gawain, steeling himself for a
horrific experience, entered the bedroom. But what a sight
awaited him! The most beautiful woman he'd ever seen lay before
him!

The astounded Gawain asked what had happened.

The beauty replied that since he had been so kind to her when
she'd appeared as a witch, she would henceforth be her horrible,
deformed self half the time, and the other half, she would be
her beautiful maiden self.

Which would he want her to be during the day, and which during
the night?

What a cruel question!

Gawain pondered his predicament. During the day, a beautiful
woman to show off to his friends, but at night, in the privacy
of his home, an old witch?

Or would he prefer having by day a hideous witch, but by night a
beautiful woman with whom to enjoy many intimate moments?

What would you do?

What Gawain chose follows below, but don't read it until you've
made your own choice.

Make YOUR choice BEFORE you read Gawain's answer!

Noble Gawain replied that he would let her choose for herself.

Upon hearing this, she announced that she would be beautiful all
the time because he had respected her enough to let her be in
charge of her own life.

What is the moral of this story?

The moral is:
If your woman doesn't get her own way,
things are going to get ugly!

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Good Work
================

We were formed in the womb for nine months developing perfectly
and when we came out we said,

"Good work God, we'll take it from here."

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Telling god to get out

Billy Graham's daughter, Anne, was being interviewed on the Early Show by Jane Clayson, regarding 9/11/2001. She was asked, "How could God let something like this happen?" Ms. Graham gave an extremely profound and insightful response. She said, "I believe that God is deeply saddened by this, just as we are. But, for years we've been telling God to get out of our schools, to get out of our government and to get out of our lives. And being the gentleman that He is, I believe that He has calmly backed out. How can we expect God to give us His blessing and His protection if we demand that He leave us alone?"

This form of rejection seemed to begin when Madeline Murray O'Hare complained she did not want any more prayers in our schools. And we said, "OK." (Side note: Madeline was murdered, and her corpse was found)

Then, someone said, "you better not read the Bible in school"... the Bible that says thou shalt not kill; thou shalt not steal, and love your neighbor as yourself. And we said, "OK."

Then, Dr. Benjamin Spock said, "we shouldn't spank our children when they misbehave, because their little personalities would be warped and we might damage their self-esteem." And we said, "an expert should know what he's talking about," so we said "OK."

Then, someone said, "teachers and principals better not discipline our children when they misbehave. And the school administrators said no faculty member in this school better touch a student when they misbehave, because we don't want any bad publicity, and we surely don't want to be sued." And we said, "OK." (Side note: There's huge difference between disciplining and touching, beating, smacking, humiliating, kicking, etc.)

Then someone said, "let's let our daughters have abortions if they want, and they won't even have to tell their parents." And we said, "OK."

Then some wise school board member said, "since boys will be boys and they're going to do it anyway, let's give our sons all the condoms they want, so they can have all the fun they desire, and we won't have to tell their parents they got them at school." And we said, "OK."

Then some of our top elected officials said, "it doesn't matter what we do in private, as long as we do our jobs." And agreeing with them, we said, "it doesn't matter to us what anyone, including the President, does in private as long as we have a job and the economy is good."

And then someone said, "let's print magazines with pictures of nude women and call it wholesome, down-to-earth appreciation for the beauty of the female body." And we said, "OK."

And then someone else took that appreciation a step further and published pictures of nude children, and then stepped further still by making them available on the Internet. And we said, "OK... they're entitled to their free speech."

And then the entertainment industry said, "let's make TV shows and movies that promote profanity, violence, and illicit sex. And let's record music that encourages rape, drugs, murder, suicide, and satanic themes." And we said, "it's just entertainment, it has no adverse effect, and nobody takes it seriously anyway," so we said, "OK."

Now we're asking ourselves why our children have no conscience, why they don't know right from wrong, and why it doesn't bother them to kill strangers, their classmates, and themselves. More than likely, if we think long and hard enough about it, we can figure it out. I think it has a great deal to do with... "WE REAP WHAT WE SOW."

-----

"Dear God, Why didn't you save the little girl killed in her classroom?" Sincerely, Concerned Student.

"Dear Concerned Student, I am not allowed in schools." Sincerely, God.

-----

Funny...?

Funny how simple it is for people to trash God and then wonder why the world's going to hell.

Funny how we believe what the newspapers say, but question what the Bible says.

Funny how everyone wants to go to heaven, provided they do not have to believe, think, say, or do anything the Bible says.

Funny how someone can say "I believe in God," but still follow Satan who, by the way, also "believes" in God.

Funny how we are quick to judge, but not to be judged.

Funny how you can send a thousand 'jokes' through e-mail and they spread like wildfire, but when you start sending messages regarding the Lord, people think twice about sharing.

Funny how the lewd, crude, vulgar and obscene pass freely through cyberspace, but the public discussion of God is suppressed in the school and workplace.

Funny how someone can be so fired up for Christ on Sunday, but be an invisible Christian the rest of the week.

Are you laughing?

Funny how, when you go to email a message like this, you will not send it to many on your address list, because you're not sure what they believe, or what they will think of you for sending it to them.

Funny how I can be more worried about what other people think of me than what God thinks of me.

Are YOU thinking?

Pass this on... if you think it has merit. If not, then just discard it. No one will know that you did. But if you discard this meaningful thought process, then don't sit back and complain about the sinful shape of the world!

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The barber

A man went to a barbershop to have his hair cut and his beard trimmed. As the barber began to work, they began to have a good conversation. They talked about so many things and various subjects. When they eventually touched on the subject of God, the barber said: "I don't believe that God exists."

"Why do you say that?" asked the customer.

"Well, you just have to go out in the street to realize that God doesn't exist. Tell me, if God exists, would there be so many sick people? Would there be abandoned children? If God existed, there would be neither suffering nor pain. I can't imagine loving a God who would allow all of these things."

The customer thought for a moment, but didn't respond because he didn't want to start an argument. The barber finished his job and the customer left the shop. Just after he left the barbershop, he saw a man in the street with long, stringy, dirty hair and an untrimmed beard. He looked dirty and un-kept. The customer turned back and entered the barber shop again and he said to the barber: "You know what? Barbers do not exist."

"How can you say that?" asked the surprised barber. "I am here, and I am a barber. And I just worked on you!"

"No!" the customer exclaimed. "Barbers don't exist because if they did, there would be no people with dirty long hair and untrimmed beards, like that man outside."

"Ah, but barbers DO exist! What happens is, people do not come to me."

"Exactly!" affirmed the customer. "That's the point! God, too, DOES exist! What happens is, people don't go to Him."

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
GET OUT OF YOUR OWN WAY!
=========================================
Be careful what you ask for, you just might get it:

Your words, your dreams, and your thoughts have power
to create conditions in your life.

What you speak about, you can bring about. If you keep
saying you can't stand your job, you might lose your job.

If you keep saying you can't stand your body,
your body can become sick.

If you keep saying you can't stand your car,
your car could be stolen or just stop operating.

If you keep saying you're always broke, guess what?
You'll always be broke.

If you keep saying you can't trust a man or trust a
woman, you will always find someone in your life to
hurt and betray you.

If you keep saying you can't find a job,
you will remain unemployed.

If you keep saying you can't find someone to love you
or believe in you, your very thoughts will attract
more experiences to confirm your beliefs.

Turn your thoughts and conversations around to be
more positive and power packed with faith, hope, love
and action.

Don't be afraid to believe that you can have what you
want and deserve.

Watch your "Thoughts," they become words.
Watch your "Words," they become actions.
Watch your "Actions," they become habits.
Watch your "Habits," they become character.
Watch your "Character," for it becomes your "Destiny."

GET OUT OF YOUR OWN WAY!