• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Just sharing.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Future Home

A world locked with indecision about Jesus and His claims, One world lacking a vision of glory of the Savior that can redeem this earth from great peril in a split second if they just come to Him.

A Christian needs a home, Where they can have their hope restored,
Where they can have their faith renewed, Where they can have their love to be replaced with a new love: JESUS CHRIST!

A Christian needs spiritual food that is the Word of God that sustains one's hungry soul throughout all their days, A Christian needs a teacher, pastor or lay leader to guide them to the TRUTH that will set them FREE!

From the bonds of this earth into the glory of heaven, A teacher of the Word that is not swayed away by man's opinion rather only seeks the counsel of the ALMIGHTY GOD for instruction!

A Christian needs fellowship that ensures they are on the right path in times of trials & temptations,
A Christian shares their blessings with others & God,
A Christian shares their concerns with others & God,
A Christian seeks the power of prayer to help not just himself or herself but those who are in greater need, to place their burdens in the hands of GOD FOREVER!

A Christian realizing that their own worth in the Kingdom of God is never greater than the price that JESUS has paid for their sins,
A Christian grows a heart of service first to God, second to others & then themselves.

Once blinded by Satan's lies,
Now brought forth to see the light
That is JESUS CHRIST!

My heart fears no man,
My heart shall only fear the LORD.

Once in chains, Now free to preach the Gospel with out fear of what anyone says or does to this body.
Once without shelter, I now have found a home that blesses me with the Spirit of the Lord.

Now,
PRAISE GOD!
I AM HOME!

In just a matter of time,
PRAISE GOD!
I AM HOME IN HEAVEN!

WHAT A BLESSED FUTURE TO COME TO PASS,
AN ETERNITY OF SINGING AND PRAISING GOD,
FOREVER IN HEAVEN,
AMEN!

Joshua 24:15--"But as for me and my house, we shall serve the LORD."

GOD LOVES YOU!
Whether you know it or not!
YES,
GOD LOVES YOU!

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
God's Detours

Want to hear something interesting?? God has his own agenda. I hadn't even sent you all the email yet and God decided to use the opportunity. As I was proof reading the paper over and over this one enlisted guy whom I usually talk to at nights came in. He works the night shift for our DET.

7pm-7am. He is night shift supervisor so he is in charge at night. His name is AE1 Yang. Usually, it is kind of understood to give people respect when they are emailing by not reading their email, but he saw that I was writing a novel.

Him and I usually talk anyways so he said what's up and asked what I was working on. I told him I was working on a project. I didn't think anything of it at the time, but that is when it happened.

"Can I read it" came out of his mouth. I wasn't anticipating that. It caught me totally off guard. Um um was my response. I said it is kind of personal.

I just assumed it was Satan sending someone in to distract me. Anyways, he persisted and said, "come on, I know I joke around a lot, but I can be serious when I need to."

So again he asked, and I said okay so long as he wouldn't say something negative. He said okay. And then he read it. I didn't know what to think. Well, evidently I was incorrect. Cuz instead of Satan sending Yang, it was definitely God.

When he finished reading the paper, he was quiet for a second. I was quiet cuz i didn't know what to say. He opened up by saying, I feel really convicted right now. I sat there confused. He said he feels convicted, cuz of my resistance to him reading the paper.

If I wasn't openly willing to allow him to read it, then that means his outward appearance must not be Christ-like. He then goes on to tell me about his life and how he became saved. He told me how he was one of those Christians who has been compromising this whole cruise, which is why no one could tell of his belief system.

We talked for about a two hours, with distractions walking in and out. He then opened up and told me, now that he knows I am a Christian, it all makes sense. It is like the light turned on about how I am getting treated out here. He said in his 18 year navy career there have been 4 people that he can remember who were classic cases of how a Christian is treated in the military.

He said I was a classic case. It felt so good for one second knowing that someone actually understood. Since I have been talking to him over the months, we have talked about family and he has come to me for advice.

He said it all makes sense now where I was coming up with my advice. I told him now he knows where I was getting my information (the Bible). Anyways, so that is my story thus far. I hadn't even sent off the paper to you nor my family and God was already working.

Now I wake up a couple minutes ago and I have an email from this guy and he is asking me to be is accountability partner.

He said it will be good now that we are on the same page as to where we stand in beliefs. I wasn't expecting this at all. I am somewhat caught off guard. Here I wrote something for people at home and a curve ball is thrown.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Life In The Military

By: LT John Gomez

Who ever said the Christian life was easy? If you think it is easy, then I have an experiment for you. Step 1: Memorize the Bible verse "Do not be conformed to this world." Step 2: Go down to your local recruiter, and tell them you want to join the military. Your recruiter will smile, shake your hand, and reward you with a prize: "An all expenses paid trip directly to the Arabian Gulf".

With all the war talk in the air, this sounds patriotic, right? If you actually take the verse literally, and try your best to abide by God's request, then you are in for a world of opposition. This verse is a classic formula for heartache, loneliness, behind your back ridicule and rejection. Imagine if you will the cliche movie scene where the actor is surrounded by scorpions, snakes, beetles or creatures, etc. in an airtight room where the only way he can fend them off is a single torch. Eventually, the air runs out and the actor is attacked. You now have a mental description of what it is like being a Christian in today's military.

The second you say goodbye to your family and friends you might as well place a bulls-eye on your back because you will be a target for Satan and his demons. We live in this country founded on the principle of God, and we live on a concept of freedom of religion. Ideally, we are guaranteed this right, but the application of this right in the military is a difficult one.

Most Christians will go their whole life never realizing how privileged they are living under this concept of freedom of religion. We as Americans have the freedom to go to any church we choose. Don't agree with their teachings? Then we can freely leave and join another church. Most Americans don't even think twice about the fact that we have such a freedom. It is something we just take for granted living in the United States.

What happens, though, if this freedom of choice which we have grown so accustomed to having suddenly is taken away? What if you weren't able to go to the church to fellowship with other Christians? Or for that matter what if there weren't any churches period? What happens if your Christian radio station during your drive to/from work was suddenly taken away?

No more Christian friends, no more Bible studies during mid-week. Nothing. What would you do then? How long could you hold off Satan without your friends around to use as a crutch? Or your pastor to answer questions? How long could you last before compromising? Now you can begin to understand my world.

Welcome to a day in the life of a Born Again Christian stationed on any ship currently in the Arabian Gulf. "Do not be conformed to this world" is not an easy task out here. Christians are greatly outnumbered and make easy targets for the supernatural beings involved in this spiritual battle called the Arabian Gulf.

Readers, let me remind you that as Christians we are engaged in a war greater than the War on Terrorism. Evil principalities are behind the terrorists and the current regime in Iraq. Believe me when I say the Babylonian empire is emerging stronger than ever as was predicted would happen in the End Times. Notice the similarities between front pages of the news today and ancient Babylon in the Old Testament.

Saddam and Bin Laden have vowed to eliminate all Jews and their protectors. They will stop at nothing until this is accomplished.

Has anything changed since Old Testament times when Israelites were despised and enslaved in Ancient Babylon with King Nebechanezzar? No! Saddam is in the process of rebuilding a kingdom and coincidently refers to it as a Modern day Babylon?

Satan is very much involved in re-establishing his kingdom. He is doing everything he can to protect his interests. His battle plan? Demoralize and render all Christians useless. Attack all Christians and make them conform to be like everyone else.

Attack, attack, attack until they compromise. It is different being on a ship over here in the Gulf. We wake up and are at work. We don't have the liberty of going home to Christian safeguards.

There aren't any church services, Bible studies, Men's or Women's groups. You have your Bible and that is it. At home, you can surround yourself with Christian friends. Out here things are different.

For mere companionship you have to become friends with non-Christians here, because that is all you have. Satan knows this very well. He does everything he can to hinder any topics concerning Christianity.

It is like clockwork. Begin to talk about Jesus or about your beliefs, and within seconds someone else will come in, or the phone will ring, or an alarm will go off. It never fails.

Pulling into ports is a bitter-sweet thing in itself. You want to go and see the sights, and everyone else wants to go to bars and drink all night long. Tell someone you don't drink and you are setting yourself up for indirect ridicule. At first they think you are kidding, but when you stand firm they are completely shocked. Then they try to get you to drink anyway.

No one likes hanging out with someone who doesn't use profanity or thinks he/she is too Holy to drink. That is how it begins. Once you are identified, you are marked as an outsider. They think you are too good for everyone else. Everyone feels awkward with you or feels intimidated being around you. Keep in mind these people are the only friends you can have out here and now they just rejected you.

Satan does everything he can to smash your name into the ground. Loneliness, rejection, ridicule are all the emotional states a Christian experiences when he/she takes a stand out here. So my question to you is how long could you last? Still think the Christian military life is easy?

In conclusion I will ask for you to pray for us. Pray for the Christians deployed on the front lines in the Gulf. Pray for our walks and our relationship with God. Pray that we never waiver and that we never compromise. It is so difficult to live out here as a Christian.

It is challenging enough studying and preparing for a war possibly with Iraq, let alone studying and reading the Word ready to handle all of Satan's darts. Pray for us. Let us finish the race clean and untainted never compromising

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
God Hath Not Promise

God hath not promised
Skies always blue
Flower strewn pathways
All our lives through

God hath not promised
Sun without rain
Joy without sorrow
But god hath promised light for the way

Strength for the day
Rest for the labor
Grace for the trials
Unfailing symphaty and undying love

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Crickets and Scorpions

I usually spend time in prayer at five a.m. each morning.

I shall relay a lesson that God taught me very dramatically
during one of those early morning sessions.

I pray in a closet that is actually the vocal booth of our
former home music studio. It is soundproof.

As I entered clad only in shorts, I heard the sound of a cricket
chirping. There in the shadow, I saw the cricket.
It was very close to where I sit on the floor each day.

"Sit down and don't bother the cricket,"
I heard a soft voice speak in my spirit.

I obeyed.

I turned out the light and sat in total darkness and silence.

I felt something crawl up on my leg.

"Don't bother the cricket," I heard the voice say again,
"I am trying to teach you something."

"You need to learn to distinguish the difference between
crickets and scorpions in life. Don't bother the cricket."

The cricket crawled. It is an eerie feeling to say the least.
I wasn't afraid of the cricket. I knew it couldn't harm me.
It wouldn't bite, sting, or even so much as scratch me.

It was just a highly annoying and extremely icky feeling.
A cricket crawling all over you.

I let the cricket crawl for almost a minute until I couldn't
stand it anymore. I brushed the cricket off, turned on the light,
picked it up in my hand, and took it outside and let it go.

I understood what God was trying to show me.
Life has scorpions and crickets.

Scorpions are the things that can hurt us; things that are truly
destructive and dangerous. Crickets are the things that have
absolutely no power to hurt us, they are just irritating.
They get on our nerves; they try our patience.

I saw things differently after emerging from prayer that day.

I realized that the vast majority of the things that really
irked me

...were crickets.

The vast majority of the things that irk you

...are crickets.

Don't bother the crickets
and don't let the crickets bother you.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Happiness Formula

Happiness equals Satisfaction divided by Desires.

So if we have enough food and clothing, let us be content.
(1 Tim 6:8 NLT)

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
God's In Control

I can't forsee this coming year
but this one thing I know
God will always be with me
no matter where I go.

I may be in the valley
shed many tears as I cry
or I may rejoice with gladness
as I'm lifted up inthe sky.

I may suffer times of heartaches
but they will come to pass
my journey on this earth
will be over, oh so fast.

I do not know what lies ahead
or what tomorrow will be
this I know, God is in control
and will give the best to me.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
God Is Never Far Away

My Friend,

God isn't far away

But surrounds you with his love.

It was him who opened your eyes this morning,

It is his strength

That will carry you through this day,

And it is in his peace

That your heart will find rest tonight.

God isn't far away.

He is the light of this day.

He is the sky above you,

And the earth beneath you,

And the life of every living thing.

God isn't far away.

He is in every smile,

In every thought that gives you hope,

In every tear that waters your soul,

In every moment you can't face alone.

God isn't far away.

He is the love on a loved one's face,

He is in the friends along the way,

In strangers you've yet to meet,

And blessings you've yet to receive.

God isn't far away.

He is in every good thing that touches you.

He is in every step you make

And every breath you take.

God is not far away For he is with you Always

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
God My Father

I never really thought Lord,
What you meant to me;
I never dream'd with out your love,
How empty life would be.

I never stopped to think Lord,
That by denying you;
I was losing everything,
I now hold dear and true.

You opened up my eyes Lord,
And brought me back to you;
You healed my heart, took my sin,
And made my life anew.

So thank you God my Father,
For the love you give to me;
Thank you God my Father,
For your Son who set me free,

Thank you God my Father,
For never letting go; And for you Holy Spirit,
Who has set my heart aglow.
Thank you God my Father,
May I always worship you?
May I always reflect your grace?
In everything I do.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
God's Mate Selection

Everyone longs to give himself or herself completely to someone, to have a deep and committed soul relationship with another, to be loved thoroughly and unconditionally.

But God says: No, not until you are satisfied, fulfilled and content with being loved by Me alone, with giving yourself totally, unreservedly to Me alone.

I love you, My child, and until you discover that only in Me is your satisfaction to be found, you will not be capable of the perfect human relationship that I have planned for you. You will never be united with another until you are united with Me; exclusively of anyone or anything else; exclusively of any other desires and belongings.

I want you to stop planning, stop wishing and allow Me to give you the most thrilling plan existing -- one that you can't imagine. I want you to have the very best. Please allow Me to bring it to you.

Just keep your eyes on Me, expecting the greatest things.
Keep experiencing that satisfaction knowing that I AM.
Keep learning and listening to the things I tell you.
You must be patient.

Don't be anxious.
Don't worry.
Don't look around at the things others have.
Don't look at the things you think you want.
Just keep looking up to Me, or you will miss what I want to give you.

And then, when you are ready, I will surprise you with a love far more wonderful than you could ever dream. You see, until you are ready, and until the one I have for you is ready (I am working even this minute to have both of you ready at the same time), until you are both satisfied exclusively with Me and the life I have prepared for you, you won't be able to experience the love that exemplifies your relationship with Me .. and this is perfect love

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Going to Heaven!

At the age of ten, I did not know a thing about the Lord and all of his glory. The year of my fifth grad I had gotten the worst news ever, my mother had cancer. I remember when my brother asked the question that made my heart jump, he asked "Mom, can you die from this?" In her answer she replied that it could kill her, but God will be with her every step of the way.

My mother ended up passing away only months after. I was so scared to be a girl without a motherly figure around. I told my father that I wanted to attend a church whenever we got settled into our new house that we had moved into, just after my mothers death. He agreed, but it was so hard adjusting, that all we had time to do was worry.

My father started to date, and soon after I had a step-mother. She attended the First Church of God, in which now I attend. I started to attend there once in a while, whenever I had time. Now, I can't miss a chance to be in the house of God whenever I can.

This past summer, one of the boys who was a former member of the youth group i attend, was killed in a car accident. That was the big slap in the face from God. Jason had told his mother, just weeks before his death, that if he were to die tomorrow, he knew he was goin to heaven.

I have been shown so much heartbreak through my Mother's and Jason's death.....but now all I see that has come out of it, is rejoicing. I am now aware that I am a child of God, and I am now a very active member in my church at the age of 14.

I didn't know how to go on without my mother around....but what has gotten me through it, is knowing that I will get to be with her for eternity some day

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Failure

Failure doesn't mean you are a failure,
it does mean you haven't succeeded yet.

Failure doesn't mean you have accomplished nothing,
it does mean you have learned something.

Failure doesn't mean you have been a fool,
it does mean you had a lot of faith.

Failure doesn't mean you have been disgraced,
it does mean you were willing to try.

Failure doesn't mean you don't have it,
it does mean you have to do something in a different way.

Failure doesn't mean you are inferior,
it does mean you are not perfect.

Failure doesn't mean you've wasted your life,
it does mean you've a reason to start afresh.

Failure doesn't mean you should give up,
it does mean you should try harder.

Failure doesn't mean you'll never make it,
it does mean it will take a little longer.

Failure doesn't mean God has abandoned you,
it does mean God has a better idea!

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Growing Old

I thought I was prepared for my growing-old days.
I didn't know how the seventies would be.
I thought I'd just sit and enjoy my life
With my rocking chair, my Bible, and me.

At the end of my road there's a payday, I've heard,
And regardless of what I go through,
I should lift up my head, put a smile on my face
And do just what I can do.

I try to think back to when things started to change:
I couldn't walk fast anymore,
The phone would keep ringing, but I was too slow.
And I didn't even hear knocks at the door.

Everything around me's a mess now.
Dirty dishes are piled up --in threes.
And my clothes never learned how to hang themselves up
'Cause they always depended on me.

But I've gotten too tired to work anymore.
My best days are gone. Now I'm old.
If I could recall the days of my youth,
I wouldn't trade them for silver or gold.

I feel like I'm always in somebody's way!
Such a helpless place to be.
While they are still playing, enjoying their life,
It's real hard--just four walls and me.

I remember so well the good times I had.
And the bad times--I got through somehow.
Still, I'm thankful I'm living, that I know who I am,
And I am halfway through "seventies" now.

But here is the part most precious of all
At the end of my seventies, you'll see
When my "red light" turns "green", I'll go as fast as I can,
'Cause Heaven's the next place I'll be!

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
He Is With Me

Lord, I know You are with me night and day.
I ask that You will always teach me Your way.
When I am down and out, alone and blue,
Only You can bring me through.

Through all the tears, pain, and sorrow
You have promised to be with me tomorrow.
Without You I am the least of men,
For You, my Lord, removed my sin.

I shall praise You night and day.
My prayer is that I always follow Your way.
Help me to be all I need to be.
Lord, I thank You for strenthening me.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Heaven's Academy

I'm sure we've all seen on T.V.
All the fuss and pomp at the Academy.

Thousands of dollars spent on dress.
Lots of attention on actors and actress.

They walk the stage in gallant stride.
And receive their awards with style and pride.

Their satisfaction they cannot hide.
Their accomplishments range far and wide.

But the award they receive is so temporary.
When compared to ours in eternity.

They labor for an award that perishes.
But we, we labor for eternal riches.

They labor for the fleeting applause of men.
But we, our labor is not in vain.

For in Heaven's Academy we will be.
With the Son of God who died for you and me.

And there's no better or higher place to be.
Than seated in robes of white, in Heaven's Academy

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
How To Face Another Day

No one knows why we can't see God,
Why we can't hear God,
Why we can't hold God.
It sometimes makes you feel alone
knowing that the only person who
is always there for you,
cannot physically touch your life.
But God can see us,
And God can hear us,
And God can love us!
So trust that he is always
listening, looking, and loving
Because he has promised to be there for us!

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I Am God

My children, I am the Creator of ALL, and ALL power originates with ME! There is no power in heaven or on earth that is able to thwart My purposes for your life as you yield to Me. NONE!

Have I not promised that as you seek Me, you will find Me, when you seek Me with all of your heart? Have I not said to ask, and you will receive? Ask then, and let your hearts run wild and your imagination run vagabond, for you cannot plumb the depths of My planning and provision for My own.

Does not My Word promise that if you seek My kingdom and My righteousness, all else that is needed will be supplied? There is no need that I cannot meet, so long as you look to Me to do so. There is no problem for which I cannot provide a solution. There is no wound so deep that I cannot heal; and no situation for which there is no remedy. I AM GOD, IS ANYTHING TOO DIFFICULT FOR ME?!

I ask of you your all, not some random portion of your affection. I seek to have precedence over every area of your life. I, and I alone am to reign supreme in your life. Yet I would remind you that I have offered to you My all. Yes, for I have made available to you ALL that is needed to walk in victory and to truly reign in this life. ALL power, ALL wisdom...all that is needed is readily available through My Holy Spirit.

Do you lack anything? Then come to Me, and I will fill you to overflowing; and in so doing, will satisfy the deepest longings of your soul. True fulfillment is found in Me alone.

Hold Me not at arms length, but rather come into My embrace, for I wait with arms open wide. I love you as none other could, and I long to lavish My love upon you.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I Am There

Do you need me?
I am there.
You cannot see me, yet, I am the light you see by.
You cannot hear Me, yet, I speak through your voice.
You cannot feel Me, yet, I am the power at work through your hands.
I am at work, though you do not understand my ways.
I am at work, though you do not recognize my works.
I am not strange visions.
I am no mystery.
Only in absolute stillness, beyond self, can you know Me as I am ~ then
but as a feeling and as a faith.
Yet, I am here.
Yet, I hear.
Yet, I answer.
When you need Me, I am there.
Even if you deny Me I am there.
Even in your fears, I am there.
Even in your pain, I am there.
I am there when you pray and when you do not pray.
I am in you and you are in Me.
Only in your mind can you feel separate from Me, for only in your mind
are the myths of "yours" and "mine."
Yet only in your mind can you know Me and experience Me.
Empty your heart of empty fears. When you get yourself out of the
way, I am there.
You can of yourself do nothing, but I can do all.
And, I am in all.
Though you may not see the good, good is there, for I am there.
I am there because I have to be, for I AM.
Only in Me does the world have meaning.
Only in Me does the world take form.
Only because of me does the world go forward.
I am the law in which the movement of the stars and the growth of living
cells are founded.
I am the Love that is fulfilling.
I am the assurance.
I am the peace.
I am the oneness.
I am the law that you can live by.
I am the Love that you can cling to.
I am your assurance.
I am your peace.
I am the one with you.
I AM.
Though you fail Me, I do not fail you.
Though your faith is in Me is unsure, My faith never waivers, because I
know you, because I love you.
BELOVED, I am there.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I Took The Wrong Road

As I came to a turning point in my life
I knew what I was doing was not right

I felt as if a door was locked shut tight
No way to get out try as I might

I did some wrong things that I never would dream
But right then and there good is what it seemed

Everyday I sit back and try to enjoy the good things
But every time in my head old memories ring

I want to break a chain which my problem binds me
But everyway I look hopelessness is what I see

I was dragging all my problems heavily down the road with me
At last I found Jesus which was the key

With his everlasting love he broke the chains that once held me down
It was such a burden lifted off my shoulders that a spun all around

As I look back now compassion is what I see
I see the love that Jesus gave to me

He took my life and place me on the right track
I never ever want to go back

Now that I am on the right road
I feel so much better after Jesus lifted that load

Jesus loves me and all of us
To go to heaven Jesus is a must

He can straighten you out
And but you back on the right route

Now I am on the right road

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I Was Lifted Up On Angels Wings

I was lifted up on Angels wings,
And through the Heavens soared.
When I came upon a brilliant light,
I found it was my Lord.

With hair like snow and eyes of fire,
I bowed before His feet.
In His presence it was hard to stand,
My sins felt like concrete.

Head hung in sorrow, tears filled my eyes.
My mouth, it couldn't speak.
My sins were overpowering me.
My soul it just felt weak.

A gentle hand reached out to touch me,
A voice like thunder spoke.
The love He gave enveloped my soul,
My heart no longer broke.

He put His loving arms around me,
Such peace that I felt then.
I was quite content in knowing that,
He'd do it all again.

Our righteous acts are like filthy rags,