• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Just sharing.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
A Light For God's House

In a mountain village in Europe a long time ago, a nobleman wondered what gift he could present to his townspeople. At last he decided to build them a church. No one saw the complete plans for the church until it was finished. When the people gathered, they marvelled at it's beauty.

Then someone asked,"But where are the lamps? How will it be lighted?" The nobleman pointed to some brackets in the walls. then he gave them each family a lamp, asking them to bring these with them each time they came to worship.

"Each time you are in church, the area where you are seated will be lighted," the nobleman said. "Each time you are not here, that area will be dark. this is to remind you that whenever you fail to come to church, some part of God's house will be dark."

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Moving In The Right Direction?

I find the great thing in this world
is not so much where we stand,

as in what direction we are moving:

To reach the port of heaven,
we must sail sometimes with the wind
and sometimes against it,
but we must sail,
and not drift,
nor lie at anchor.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
A Morning Prayer

Dear God, I pray I'll not take for granted today
The daily blessings you give
Like the sweet smell of a flower
or the green grassy hill.
May I not walk at such a pace
That I miss the beauty of the place,
Nor the smile of a child at play
Or the song of the blue jay.
And may I travel not so fast today
That I fail to help someone along the way.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Cruising in Paradise

The sign read, "Guests on a cruise gain an average of 7 to 10
pounds during a cruise."

I stared at the sign posted in front of the fitness center of
the cruise ship as my wife and I were on a cruise.

"Seven to ten pounds, that's a lot of weight," I thought.
That's a pound or more per day.

A cruise represents as close to earthly paradise as the average
person will get. You don't have to work at all. You have a room
steward, a personal waiter and some cabins even have a butler.

You can call at any time of the day or night and have room
service delivered at no extra charge. You can order an
unlimited number of entrees and desserts at breakfast, lunch
and dinner.

You can have as much as you want on a cruise and you don't have
to do any work to get it. That's as close to paradise as most
will get.

Yet, paradise puts an average of a pound a day on folk.

Research has proven that one of the most effective life
extenders in rats is caloric restriction. If the rats are
always kept hungry and given little to eat, they lived twice
as long as rats that are given all they wanted to eat.

It works that way with things other than food. Sometimes all
that we want is opposite from all that we need.

I sat next to a lady on the return flight home. She asked the
flight attendant if she could get a seat belt extender. She
confided in me that she had gained some weight on a cruise that
she and her husband were returning from.

Thank God that He has the wisdom not to give us all that we
want all of the time.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Abortion

Would you consider abortion in the following 4 situations?

1. There's a preacher and wife who are very, very, poor. They already have 14 kids. Now she finds out she's pregnant with 15th. They're living in tremendous poverty. Considering their poverty the excessive world population, would you consider recommending she get an abortion?

2. The father is sick with sniffles, the mother has TB. They have 4 children. 1st is blind, 2nd is dead, 3rd is deaf, 4th has TB. She finds she's pregnant again. Given the extreme situation, would you consider recommending abortion?

3. A white man raped a 13 year old black girl and she got pregnant. If you were her parents, would you consider recommending abortion?

4. A teenage girl is pregnant. She's not married. Her fiance is not the father of the baby, and he's very upset. Would you consider recommending abortion?

In the first case, you have just killed John Wesley. One of the great evangelists in the 19th century.

In the second case, you have killed Beethoven.

In the third case, you have killed Ethel Waters, the great black gospel singer.

And most of all...........

If you said yes to the fourth case, you have just declared the murder of Jesus Christ

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Abortion From A Baby's Point of View

Dear Mommy:

I am in Heaven now, sitting on Jesus' lap. He loves me and cries with me; for my heart has been broken. I so wanted to be your little girl. I don't quite understand what has happened. I was so excited when I began realizing my existence. I was in a dark, yet comfortable place. I saw I had fingers and toes. I was pretty far along in my developing, yet not near ready to leave my surroundings. I spent most of my time thinking or sleeping.

Even from my earliest days, I felt a special bonding between you and me. Sometimes I heard you crying and I cried with you.Sometimes you would yell or scream, then cry. I heard Daddy yelling back. I was sad, and hoped you would be better soon. I wondered why you cried so much.

One day you cried almost all of the day. I hurt for you. I couldn't imagine why you were so unhappy. That same day, the most horrible thing happened.

A very mean monster came into that warm, comfortable place I was in. I was so scared, I began screaming, but you never once tried to help me. Maybe you never heard me.

The monster got closer and closer as I was screaming and screaming, "Mommy, Mommy, help me please; Mommy, help me." Complete terror is all I felt. I screamed and screamed until I thought I couldn't anymore.

Then the monster started ripping my arm off. It hurt so bad; the pain I can never explain. It didn't stop. Oh, how I begged it to stop. I screamed in horror as it ripped my leg off.

Though I was in such complete pain, I was dying. I knew I would never see your face or hear you say how much you love me. I wanted to make all your tears go away. I had so many plans to make you happy. Now I couldn't; all my dreams were shattered. Though I was in utter pain and horror, I felt the pain of my heart breaking, above all. I wanted more than anything to be your daughter.

No use now, for I was dying a painful death. I could only imagine the terrible things that they had done to you. I wanted to tell you that I love you before I was gone, but I didn't know the words you could understand.

And soon, I no longer had the breath to say them; I was dead. I felt myself rising. I was being carried by a huge angel into a big beautiful place. I was still crying, but the physical pain was gone.

The angel took me to Jesus and set me on His lap. He said He loved me, and He was my Father.

Then I was happy. I asked Him what the thing was that killed me. He answered, "Abortion. I am sorry, my child; for I know how it feels."

I don't know what abortion is; I guess that's the name of the monster.I'm writing to say that I love you and to tell you how much I wanted to be your little girl. I tried very hard to live. I wanted to live. I had the will, but I couldn't; the monster was too powerful.

It sucked my arm and legs off and finally got all of me. It was impossible to live. I just wanted you to know I tried to stay with you. I didn't want to die.

Also, Mommy, please watch out for that abortion monster. Mommy, I love you and I would hate for you to go through the kind of pain I did. Please be careful.

Love,

Your Baby Girl

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Anything Not Of God Is Coming Down

Revelation: Satan will be bound. Jesus Christ is Lord! His mercy will endure and endure.

Alpha Omega, first and the last, Jesus is the God that erased my past. He didn't have to die for us, but He did. He died on the cross so we all could live.

The world is about to feel his wrath. He's coming like a thief in the night-fast-- King of Kings! Lord of Lords! Armageddon is coming--the last war. All sinners must repent and from their evils ways turn Because the devil and the wicked will be burned.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Are You Part Of The Audience Or His Church?

Charles Jefferson once described the difference between an audience and a church. He said, “An audience is a crowd. A church is a family. An audience is a gathering. A church is a fellowship. An audience is a collection. A church is an organism. An audience is a heap of stones.

A church is a temple.” He went on to say, “Preachers are not to attract an audience, but to build His church.” In the New Testament Jesus mentions the word “church” in Matthew 18:15-20: “If your brother sins against you, go and show him his fault, just between the two of you. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over.

But if he will not listen, take one or two others along, so that every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses. If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, treat him as you would a pagan or a tax collector. I tell you the truth, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in Heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in Heaven.

Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in Heaven. For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them.” One preeminent fact stands out: He promised, “I will be with them” even when there only two or three there meeting together. (He isn’t impressed with numbers.)

Some say, “One should attend the church of THEIR choice.” I believe we should attend the church of HIS choice! All “religious” groups meeting in buildings with the word “church” in it’s title are not necessarily part of His church. The church He mentions is a family - “brothers/sisters.” These people are responsible to and for one another.

A central function is prayer, “...if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will done for you by my Father in Heaven.” He takes note of and responds to what happens in church. Ordinary people who pray together become a force on the earth. God bears them witness and they bear witness to God.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Where's The Beef?

Recently while making my semi-weekly purchases at my local area
Wal-Mart store, in the chaos and confusion of checking out, I
missed (and the cashier missed) a box of burgers on the bottom
of my cart.

In traveling to my car with my two overly rambunctious and hyper
children, I noticed the burgers on the bottom of the cart as I
loaded my packages wearily into the family van.

Ugh, I looked at my receipt. He didn't get the box of 32 frozen
100% beef burgers that were ten dollars.

My great summer standby for a quick meal. I was tired and I
didn't want to have to go back into the store. I could have
driven off unnoticed with a windfall of free tasty burgers that
mistakenly were missed by myself, the cashier, and the Wal-Mart
elderly person taking a break sitting at the exit, telling me to
have a nice evening.

Darn it, I couldn't do it. So yelling to my ten-year-old and my
eight-year-old who were now rough housing in the back seats to
stay put, I walked back into Wal-Mart to the cashier who had
serviced my order and said, "I don't think you got these when I
checked out." The cool dude mannerism of the clerk laughed at
me and said, "Man you came all the way back here for this, I
would have just taken off."

I explained that I really didn't want to rot in hell over a few
100% tasty beef burgers and would he kindly ring me up so I
could get back to my children in the car. The elderly Wal-Mart
senior was still at the front door and thanked me for coming
back in. She looked as tired as I was.

As I drove home, I realized that it's not likely that the mega
giant retailer Wal-Mart would have even noticed the lost
inventory of those 32 100% beef burgers. However, on that day
the transaction reflected on at least a few people a positive
light that could make a difference in perhaps the way they think
out future transactions for themselves or for others.

The young cashier behind the counter who said he would have
never come back into the store and would have just kept on
going, the senior who looked at me with a restored confidence
that maybe America wasn't going to hell this week, and the five
men in line waiting patiently as the cashier quickly rang up my
box of burgers, all of them probably muttering something about
women drivers not even getting it right at Wal-Mart with their
carts.

That day, God asked me where the beef was.

A small challenge that seemed a little bigger at the end of a
hectic, tiring day. I showed Him and returned His trial,
knowing it wasn't just about an act of honesty.

It was about a commitment to restore faith in the human element,
knowing that if we all raise the bar just a little higher for
ourselves and others with actions that are of good deeds, we'll
all live in a much better place.

That old commercial adage where the little old lady is saying,
"Where's the beef?" I paused and thought, well, for most of us,
it's right here, still in our hearts and souls, and it's what
makes this country a really great place to live. Despite all of
the reminded evil in this world, we still have opportunities to
make life really good again and again.

Those thirty-two, 100% beef burgers will taste a little better
this summer.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
DRINK, STEAL, SWEAR and LIE

I met this guy while I was in Albuquerque and he has a motto
he lives by every day. He said listen carefully and live by
these four rules: Drink, Steal, Swear, and Lie.

I was shaking my head 'No!', but he then told me to listen
while he explained his four rules. So here they are:

1. 'Drink' from the 'everlasting cup' every day.

2. 'Steal' a moment to help someone who is in worse shape than
you are.

3. 'Swear' that you will be a better person today than
yesterday.

4. And last, but not least, when you 'lie' down at night
thank God for his love and blessings.

I am not as good as I should be, I am not as good as I could
be but THANK GOD I am better than I used to be !

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Are You Prepared

This is a new beginning we're taking here today,
For the Spirit of God is moving;
Revival's on its way,
Be prepared my people,
For my move has begun;
Be prepared my people,
You will not walk, but run.

Get ready for my battle,
Get ready for my call;
For when I set my plans up,
Revivals going to fall.

This will be quite a movement,
The wine is going to flow;
And my people who will drink it,
I never will let go.

For I am going to use you,
In the coming days;
And you will bring my people back,
In many different ways.

So stand up if you're with me,
My people start to pray;
And you will see revival fall,
Upon your world today

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Beautiful Lesson

This is a story from a book written in 1875 by a man named Robert Boyd. It's called the Trials and Triumphs of Faith. It put me in tears, more than once.

A minister tells us that he was spending several days in one of our western cities. He put up at a hotel, and one morning he heard, while up in his room, the most wonderful whistling he had ever listened to. It seemed like the note of a bird, but he thought it could not be that, for there was a perfectly regular tune kept up with much power.

Though he was in the third story, yet the music came gushing up in its sweet melody, and seemed to fill the whole house. He ran downstairs to get a sight of the wonderful performer, looking every man that he met in the face.

At last, he asked the clerk who it was that had such amazing power as a whistler. Laughing at his simplicity he pointed him to a canary bird that had been trained to perform in this way, and was valued at $150.

"How was that bird trained to sing this way?" the gentleman inquired. In reply the clerk told him that during the training process the bird was nearly starved and shut up in a room that was almost dark. While it is under this severe discipline, and its attention undivided, a bird organ is made to play this one tune over and over again, for days.

Hearing nothing else, and taught by his troubles, the poor little bird takes up the tune which he performs so perfectly.

Thus it is that God permits his people to be afflicted that they may learn the heavenly song. He shuts them up in the dark room of sorrow, away from the tempting sights and sounds of the world, that they may, without distraction, listen to his voice and learn to sing the higher melodies of glory.

Blessed are those who patiently wait the Lord's good time to work out their deliverance. When the song of Grace is fully learned, he brings them into a large place, sets their feet upon a rock, and others learn from them the sweet song of redeeming love.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Build Me A Temple

Build Me a temple that Holy and new,
Build Me a temple to dwell in with you;
Cleanse this new temple from all previous sin,
Open the doors wide place My love within;
Invite My Spirit to dwell in this place,
Let Him come in to fill every space.

This temple I need is not stone or brick,
Not made of wood, canvas, or stick;
The temple I want is the one I gave you,
So long ago when you were brand new;
The temple I ask is the body you wear,

It's a temple you have that is always right there.
So build Me your temple that Holy and new,
Build Me a temple to dwell with you;
Build Me a temple and you will see,
That together forever we'll always be.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Catch of a Lifetime

There was once an 11 year old who went fishing every chance he got from the dock at his family's cabin on an island in the middle of a New Hampshire lake. On the day before bass season opened, he and his father were fishing early in the evening, catching sunfish and perch with worms. Then he tied on a small silver lure and practiced casting. The lure struck the water and caused colored ripples in the sunset, then silver ripples as the moon rose over the lake.

When his pole doubled over, he knew something huge was on the other end. His father watched with admiration as the boy skillfully worked the fish alongside the dock. Finally he very gingerly lifted the exhausted fish from the water. It was the largest one he had ever seen, but it was a bass.

The boy and his father looked at the handsome fish, gills playing back and forth in the moonlight. The father lit a match and looked at his watch. It was 10 p.m. -- two hours before the season opened. He looked at the fish, then at the boy. "You'll have to put it back, son," he said.

"Dad!" cried the boy. "There will be other fish," said his father. "Not as big as this one," cried the boy. He looked around the lake. No other fishermen or boats were anywhere around in the moonlight. He looked again at his father.

Even though no one had seen them, nor could anyone ever know what time he caught the fish, the body could tell by the clarity of his father's voice that the decision was not negotiable. He slowly worked the hook out of the lip of the huge bass, and lowered it into the black water.

The creature swished its powerful body and disappeared. The boy suspected that he would never again see such a great fish.

That was 34 years ago. Today the boy is a successful architect in New York City. His father's cabin is still there on the lake. He takes his own son and daughters fishing from the same dock.

And he was right. He has never again caught such a magnificent fish as the one he landed that night long ago. But he does see that same fish...again and again...every time he comes up against a question of ethics. For, as his father taught him, ethics are simple matters of right and wrong. It is only the practice of ethics that is difficult.

Do we do right when no one is looking? Do we refuse to cut corners to get the design in on time? Or refuse to trade stocks based on information that we know we aren't supposed to have? We would if we were taught to put the fish back when we were young. For we would have learned the truth. The decision to do right lives fresh and fragrant in our memory. It is a story we will proudly tell our friends and grandchildren. Not about how we had a chance to beat the system and took it, but about how we did the right thing and were forever strengthened.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

It's You

I have absolutely the best marriage of anyone whom I know.

How do I know that? I don't, it's just what I feel.

I am happy with my wife, my house, my car, my body, my kids, my
job, my church, and my country.

Sure, all of them have snags, all of them have faults, but
overall I wouldn't trade them; I am happy.

"Happiness is not having what you want, but wanting what you
have." That's a quote that I remember from a little boy.
It's true, very true.

Society doesn't gear us to want what we have.
Otherwise, we wouldn't buy the new and improved version.
We are made to feel as though we need something different to be
happy, something better.

Are there better wives out there than mine? Maybe.
Even if there were and I had her, would there then be a better
one than that one? Probably.

There is always something better, fancier, faster, more
powerful, and more expensive. Always. If not now, it's coming.

Computer programs keep us waiting for an upgrade.
An upgrade supposedly fixes all of the current bugs.
Often, the upgrade introduces new bugs.

We are in a constant state of trying to get something better and
different. We are often trying to be someone different, even
when the current us is pretty decent.
If you are not happy being you, then who else can you be?

I neither want to nor have the ability to trade places with
anyone. I am happy with myself. With all life's faults, with
all of my faults and my continuing struggle to improve,
I am happy.

There are a lot of others who have more stuff. But there aren't
many who are happier with the stuff they do have.
That's the key. Are you happy with the stuff that you do have?

Are you happy with yourself?

You are you and that ain't going to change.

An old proverb says:

"Be what you is, not what you ain't,
'cause when you is what you ain't,
then you ain't what you is."

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
A Candy Maker's Witness

A candymaker wanted to make a candy that would be a witness, so he made the Christmas Candy Cane. He incorporated several symbols for the birth, ministry, and death of Jesus Christ.

He began with a stick of pure white hard candy. White to symbolize the Virgin birth and the sinless nature of Jesus, and hard to symbolize the Solid Rock, the foundation of the Church, and the firmness of the promises of God.

The candymaker made the candy in the form of a "J" to represent the precious name of Jesus, who came to earth as our Savior. It could also represent the staff of the "Good Shepherd" with which He reaches down into the ditches of the world to lift out the fallen lambs who, like all sheep, have gone astray.

Thinking that the candy was somewhat plain, the candymaker stained it with red stripes. He used three small stripes to show the stripes of the scourging Jesus received by which we are healed. The large red stripe was for the blood shed by Christ on the cross so that we could have the promise of eternal life.

Unfortunately, the candy became known as Candy Cane-a meaningless decoration seen at Christmas time. But the meaning is still there for those who "have eyes to see and ears to hear." I pray that this symbol will again be used to witness To The Wonder of Jesus and His Great Love that came down at Christmas and remains the ultimate and dominant force in the universe today.

beensetfree

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Making A Difference

I feel for the people who are without electricity in this
country and Canada due to today's power outage.

I wonder how many of those brave souls can possibly imagine what
it might feel like to be homeless...
no ATM card,
no money,
no food,
no car,
hot,
tired,
no shower,
no clean clothes,
no roof over their heads when darkness surrounds them,
fearful of strangers,
without the security of a home,
with people walking by.

Wouldn't it be something if this made a difference in people's
minds about the homeless, jobless and/or mentally disabled in
this country.

I pray that something will make a difference for those in need
of assistance.

This was a from several years ago.
A power outage
prompted the issue. I've traveled quite a bit since then and
noticed one thing.

In most non-heavily industrialized countries most of the homes
that aren't in the cities don't have electricity.

There's another thing that I've noticed.

As long as they have sufficient food,
they seem to be happier.

So maybe the power that's out isn't electrical at all.

Travel changes perspective.