• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tropez Residences Owners

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
The reason why some ppl gave up their bumi lots is cos someone in the Johor state got greedy.

Before the mkt was hot and when nobody was buying, Dijaya sold the bumi lots before getting the conversion approval. This is normal practice in MY.

errr.. not really. technically, one cannot sell a bumi lot to a non-bumi prior to state consent i.e bumi lot conversion. so those sale are only bookings. i believe dijaya was adopting the "i'll do it my own way" method. which, i suppose, it common since nobody checks anyway.

Last edited:

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
The reason why some ppl gave up their bumi lots is cos someone in the Johor state got greedy.

Before the mkt was hot and when nobody was buying, Dijaya sold the bumi lots before getting the conversion approval. This is normal practice in MY.

But the mkt went RED HOT, so someone in Johor now wanted a fee to be paid for converting each lot. (I can't remember the exact percentage but I know it came up to abt an additional RM20 psf.) The developer wasn't going to pay so they told the buyers that "since this isn't yet a sale, cos its a "sale pending approval", you either pay the new fee or we refund you the money".

How do I know this story? Cos a very good friend of mine got caught in this very nonsense. He grudgingly paid after getting the developer to absorb part of the fee. And after paying this fee, he had to sign the purchase and loan documents all over again because it a new price and hence new valuation. So on top of the extra cash, he had to put up with the extra hassle.

So while he paid, I can imagine that some other buyers would have been very upset and decided not to buy. I would have been really pissed and would have pulled out of the deal too.

That's the reason why there are now units for sale.

One of my old friend recently gave up his bumi lot in Sky88 tower b, bought/booked pre-launch at about 900psf (very high floor). He was damn pissed as they ask him to top up, and he didn't understand the exact details presented, some more ask him to fly to jb to settle. After some back and forth for 2-3 months, he said FU and got his deposit back and also some gratuity for his trouble as he is a Korean big timer (developer doesn't want to upset these types of foreigners).

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Got some info that bumi conversion lots are being sold. I am waiting for more info from the agent. Seem like the PSF no longer cheap, starting from 79x PSF. Looks like Dijaya deliberately screw the early bumi lots buyers to they gave up and resale at higher price. - just my opinion..

dijaya... ur opinion is right :smile: :smile:

Last edited:

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal

just got some price list to share with all. early buyer already have at least 10-20% paper gain

View attachment 15156

The PSF is around RM8XX. Is it before or after all rebates + discounts etc?

Besides lower buying price for early buyers, I think they also enjoy DIBS right?

Sometimes I am confused because some sales or buyers said that the PSF is XXX but can be after or before all rebates and discounts. It can be quite significant as usually the figure can be 20% diff.

Advise.

Last edited:

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Probably those belong to those who gave up with full refund and leftover bumi flats????

hondawave07

Alfrescian
Loyal

just one question.. isn't tropez all sold out long ago? cos i remember capri (now bora) pricing last year higher than tropezx.

I remembered all the normal lots (non-bumi) for first two towers had sold out when I dropped by Tropez show house during beginning of 2012 except the studio type for last tower (tower C).
They were open the bumi lot till around 20 floor for reservation during that time for first two towers.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

See huh..
Long long time ago, nobody wan to buy condo..
So developer scare cannot sell off lor..
So hor, they let ppl reserve e bumi lot lor..
Then hor, sardenly, price doubled n more, so they buai siong. 看得懂吗?:biggrin:

Last edited:

edm23

Alfrescian
Loyal

Looking at the rental prices around the area (i.e Danga View, Petrie, etc) it seems rather humble, between RM2.2K to RM3K for a 3 bedder.
I wonder how much will tenants be willing to fork out for Tropez.
A 2 bedder costing around RM800K and up, will need to be rented out at between RM3.3k to RM3.8K to achieve a 5% return.

wolverine23

Alfrescian
Loyal

Anyone knows the maintenance fee per month for Tropez? Or do they call it quit rent in Johor?

chiacl

Tropez harbour

Small tropez.jpg

nextreal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Anyone knows the maintenance fee per month for Tropez? Or do they call it quit rent in Johor?

Hi, these are 2 different things. This is what I learned from asking various lawyers.

Maintenance or Service Charges differ from condo to condo, but anything at 40sen psf is not unreasonable.

Quit Rent is 1 of 2 property taxes. This is paid annually at a very affordable rate. There's also the Assessment Tax that's paid 6 monthly.

wolverine23

Alfrescian
Loyal

So total how much I have to pay? And how do I calculate it?

Thanks...

Hi, these are 2 different things. This is what I learned from asking various lawyers.

Maintenance or Service Charges differ from condo to condo, but anything at 40sen psf is not unreasonable.

Quit Rent is 1 of 2 property taxes. This is paid annually at a very affordable rate. There's also the Assessment Tax that's paid 6 monthly.