• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tropez Residences Owners

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
unfortunately no, mine is low at 12th floor....

=bakkuttay;1604602]probably, build up to your level already?????

is yours around 20th floor???
[/QUOTE]

i remember a clause that you start payment when construction reaches your level,

from photos posted by members, i guess it is around 20th floor now if include carpark levels.

Last edited:

wolverine23

Alfrescian
Loyal
where can you find the photos???

i remember a clause that you start payment when construction reaches your level,

from photos posted by members, i guess it is around 20th floor now if include carpark levels.[/QUOTE]

leafsc

Re: Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Please private message me your email address and I will add you into the FB group.

It is important that owners get together and ensure our collective effort so that the estate and development is well maintained and the value of our investment and home will not be eroded.

Pls add me to the group.
My bumi lot haven't release and now gov. asking additional RM20k for the approval!

Changingpolicy

Tropicana sales person called me to asked for 7.5% as state government levey? She refused to put in writing? Smell something fishy? Anyone been asked on same 7.5%

puterinaga

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi leafsc,

How did they come out with this amount comes out to RM 20,000.?
I heard the amount is 7.5% of the purchase price. I can't imagine you purchase for RM 266,000+ ?
Seems like the amount are not the same.

Thanks

Changingpolicy

Taxes and levy---7.5% of purchase price for bumi units; 2% Johore government levy for foreign purchase; 30% RPGT if unit sold before 5 years etc etc...
With so many units coming up at Iskandar---country Garden--9000unts; BORA residence total of 6 blocks -- but can't even sell 50% of Tower A, Capital Land launch, what are the chances in re-selling a unit at a later stage. I am seriously considering giving up my Tropez bumi unit. Anyone have the same thinking

wolverine23

Alfrescian
Loyal

After the additional fees, is your bumi unit still much cheaper than the rest???

Taxes and levy---7.5% of purchase price for bumi units; 2% Johore government levy for foreign purchase; 30% RPGT if unit sold before 5 years etc etc...
With so many units coming up at Iskandar---country Garden--9000unts; BORA residence total of 6 blocks -- but can't even sell 50% of Tower A, Capital Land launch, what are the chances in re-selling a unit at a later stage. I am seriously considering giving up my Tropez bumi unit. Anyone have the same thinking

Changingpolicy

Sori you miss my point. I was trying to gauge with the additional levy and many units in the pipeline, are there people who bgt the bumi units feel like giving up.

SaladDressing

Sori you miss my point. I was trying to gauge with the additional levy and many units in the pipeline, are there people who bgt the bumi units feel like giving up.

Would you like to sell your bumi lot? I'm not an agent. Buying for myself. Please contact me.

toufu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Construction Progress for Tropez (14 Dec 2013)
2NMyioB.jpg

Yrtggs9.jpg

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
The reason why some ppl gave up their bumi lots is cos someone in the Johor state got greedy.

Before the mkt was hot and when nobody was buying, Dijaya sold the bumi lots before getting the conversion approval. This is normal practice in MY.

But the mkt went RED HOT, so someone in Johor now wanted a fee to be paid for converting each lot. (I can't remember the exact percentage but I know it came up to abt an additional RM20 psf.) The developer wasn't going to pay so they told the buyers that "since this isn't yet a sale, cos its a "sale pending approval", you either pay the new fee or we refund you the money".

How do I know this story? Cos a very good friend of mine got caught in this very nonsense. He grudgingly paid after getting the developer to absorb part of the fee. And after paying this fee, he had to sign the purchase and loan documents all over again because it a new price and hence new valuation. So on top of the extra cash, he had to put up with the extra hassle.

So while he paid, I can imagine that some other buyers would have been very upset and decided not to buy. I would have been really pissed and would have pulled out of the deal too.

That's the reason why there are now units for sale.

$760 psf is still quite decent. I think the hassle and not so favorable supply situation made the buyers withdrew. I suppose they might lose their deposits.