• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tropez Residences Owners

eesymerej

Alfrescian
Loyal
booked an unit in Tropez. Now wondering if I should pull out to buy Teega...

There will always be another newer, shinier, more hyped project. Since you are getting cold feet you should pull out of Tropez. No point having regrets for years to come.

dragonlance

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all, I also bot a 1-bedder (689sq feet) unit at Tropez in tower A. Pretty happy with my entry price, as translates to 588psf, at 32nd floor, city view. Bot in as I like the danga Bay Area, which us more organized with some seaview (common deck on top floor), as oppose to the brown field city centre which in my opinion is quite messy currently. Also, its next to the Lido Boulevard project by Berjaya... The owner or Dijaya and Berjaya are brothers n each have presence on the other's board. So I can see a lot of synergy between these 2 projects going forward. Also, as Tropez is an integrated project with office, hotel n mall, rest assured Dijaya will ensure the condo upkeep n I foresee the value of Tropez to go up once the other projects start coming on... Just my 2 cents :-)

wolverine23

Alfrescian
Loyal
There will always be another newer, shinier, more hyped project. Since you are getting cold feet you should pull out of Tropez. No point having regrets for years to come.

Not having cold feet. If I have a good high floor unit, it would be perfect.

Just wondering if it would be better to get a choice unit at another new project...but of course, the consideration is that another new launch could be selling at a higher price...

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any owner of straits facing 2 bedders at Block B here? All snapped up when i went for viewing .. interested in sub sales

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
most new launches like paragon residence, setia88 are priced at higher psf than tropez ... i rmb tropez psf came out as a shocker but it pales in comparison to psf of other later launches

wolverine23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Old news...."Brunsfield is known for a number of high-end development projects including building 20 exclusively designed bungalows in Damansara with price tags of RM3,000 per sq ft or more than RM30mil a unit and the 93 exclusive low-rise luxurious condo villas named Brunsfield Residence @ U Thant."

Can they build bungalows there? :biggrin:

Tuesday February 14, 2012
Brunsfield joins IWH to develop Johor project
By RISEN JAYASEELAN
[email protected]

PETALING JAYA: The Brunsfield Group is the latest property developer to have inked a deal with Iskandar Waterfront Holdings Bhd (IWH) to develop a parcel of land close to the waterfront area in Johor Baru, industry sources said.

The source added that the development to be undertaken by Brunsfield and IWH would have a gross development value of around RM3bil.

“There are other major developers also firming up joint ventures with IWH. The growing interest in IWH is phenomenal,” said the source.

Brunsfield is known for a number of high-end development projects including building 20 exclusively designed bungalows in Damansara with price tags of RM3,000 per sq ft or more than RM30mil a unit and the 93 exclusive low-rise luxurious condo villas named Brunsfield Residence @ U Thant. It is also well-known for its joint ventures with Sime Darby Bhd, involving projects such as the RM250mil Subang Avenue, the RM550mil Oasis Damansara and the redevelopment of Oyster Cove, one of the most exclusive waterfront resorts on Australia's Gold Coast.

In an interview with StarBiz last week businessman Datuk Lim Kang Hoo, major shareholder and who helms IWH, said that IWH would be the master developer of the area and it aimed to attract established world class developers to undertake different parcels. These parties are also expected to part fund the entire development, bringing in the much needed foreign direct investment.

He declined to comment on the Brunsfield deal when contacted yesterday.

But Lim had said the project had received enquiries almost on a daily basis from both local and foreign developers.

So far, IWH has attracted local investor Dijaya CorpBhd, which is investing RM3.8bil in a high-end mixed development project over 15ha.

Singapore's Azea Residences will work on four blocks of high-end apartments at a cost of over RM500mil. Australia's Walker Group has also partnered with IWH to develop Senibong Cove into a high-end residential development modelled after the Hope Island project in Australia's Gold Coast.

Stretching 25km to the east and west of the Johor Causeway, the newly-launched Iskandar Integrated Waterfront City (IIWC) project in Danga Bay is the result of an integrated master plan that would see the complete makeover of Johor Baru and seafront sites facing Singapore.

The development, to be launched in phases over 25 years with a gross development value of RM80bil, would be a public-private partnership involving the Government and IWH.

IWH is a special purpose vehicle created to become the master developer and planner of a 1,200ha site within Flagship “A” (in Johor Baru city centre) of Iskandar Malaysia. IWH shareholders are Kumpulan Prasarana Rakyat Johor and Credence Resources Sdn Bhd, whose majority shareholder is Lim. Khazanah Nasional Bhd and the Employees Provident Fund, via their holdings in Iskandar Investment Bhd, are also shareholders of subsidiaries and associate companies of IWH.

Lx384

Dear Tropez owners.

I have only 1 bullet to purchase a property. Probably for own stay.

I know Tropez is mostly sold out. There are still some lower floor units. Can any of you tell me if Tropez will be blocked in the future by other developments around it? I'm considering one on the 14 floor.

Another one I'm thinking of is One Danga. Any opinions?

Anybody have a detailed map of what's coming up in Danga Bay? It's so confusing with all the properties coming up.

contrarian

Alfrescian
Loyal
I visited the Tropez sales office twice and was quite ready to buy given the attractive price, location and overall Tropicana development. The layout of the apartments, especially the 2+1, is one of the most practical that I've seen. However the 1 car park space per unit is too restrictive and I decided to look at landed instead.

eesymerej

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tropez's developer seems to have changed their original plans for a mixed use project to one of a high-density, high-rise residential cluster.

jade apple

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mine since oct/nov 2012.

What's happening???

My brother brought bumi-released lot before and waited for long long time too. Everytimes, he worried that someone might take away his unit. At last, I think for more than 1 year, he confirmed that he got it because he had paid the progressive payment.

Before the developer can ask for consent for bumi-released. They need to prove that despite marketing effort, there are no bumi buying the units and the building constrution has to be in at least a certain percentage of completion.

Patience is the important in this.

wolverine23

Alfrescian
Loyal
I already paid 10%! What a waste of bank interest..... can ask developer refund me first while waiting for bumi release?

jade apple

Alfrescian
Loyal
I already paid 10%! What a waste of bank interest..... can ask developer refund me first while waiting for bumi release?

You need to check with developer. Each developer has their own way of doing bussiness. For my brother case, he just need to settle with S$500 and pay the rest after bumi released approved. During the waiting time, sometimes he felt like giving up the property. Talked to the developer and they said out of good will, they allow him to abort the sale if he wants.