• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

T3 fails again to attract non-travellers

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE id=msgUN cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - T3 fails again to attract non-travellers</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF noWrap align=right width="1%">From: </TD><TD class=msgFname noWrap width="68%">ficklebug <NOBR>
icon.aspx
</NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate noWrap align=right width="30%">6:10 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT noWrap align=right width="1%" height=20>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname noWrap width="68%">ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 8) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%" rowSpan=4> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>4263.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>A promotion to attract non-travellers to shop at Terminal 3 has not taken off, say retailers at the airport's newest and largest terminal.
More than 8 weeks into the promotion launched by the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore(CAAS), retail outlets said that the number of shoppers remains largely unchanged.
The promotion offered GST-free shopping at 27 of more than 30 retail outlets located there for an unlimited period.
"We don't really see customers coming in to make purchases because of the promotion, and not many seem to be aware of it," said Ms Alice Lim, regional manager of Sunglass Hut Singapore.
Absorbing the goods and services tax in exchange for a rental discount from CAAS has not been enough to compensate for a slide in retail sales due to the economic downtown.
Five airlines operate at T3, and one of them is Singapore Airlines, which operates around half of all flights departing from Changi.- The Straits Times.
:smile:

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Unconvenient, parking charge compare to 7% save on GST no really worth it unless spend more than $1000.
But just go there to dine is NO NO.

1sickpuppy

Alfrescian
Loyal
What u expect so far away in some God forsaken area and not must other facility. If I want to shop might as well go to any shopping center neaer to my house no need to waste my time travelling

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
<TABLE id=msgUN cellSpacing=3 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD id=msgUNsubj vAlign=top>
icon.aspx
Coffeeshop Chit Chat - T3 fails again to attract non-travellers</TD><TD id=msgunetc noWrap align=right>
icon.aspx
Subscribe </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=msgtable cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="96%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=msg vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgbfr1 width="1%"> </TD><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgF noWrap align=right width="1%">From: </TD><TD class=msgFname noWrap width="68%">ficklebug <NOBR>
icon.aspx
</NOBR> </TD><TD class=msgDate noWrap align=right width="30%">6:10 am </TD></TR><TR class=msghead><TD class=msgT noWrap align=right width="1%" height=20>To: </TD><TD class=msgTname noWrap width="68%">ALL <NOBR></NOBR></TD><TD class=msgNum noWrap align=right> (1 of 8) </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgleft width="1%" rowSpan=4> </TD><TD class=wintiny noWrap align=right>4263.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD height=8></TD></TR><TR><TD class=msgtxt>A promotion to attract non-travellers to shop at Terminal 3 has not taken off, say retailers at the airport's newest and largest terminal.
More than 8 weeks into the promotion launched by the Civil Aviation Authority of Singapore(CAAS), retail outlets said that the number of shoppers remains largely unchanged.
The promotion offered GST-free shopping at 27 of more than 30 retail outlets located there for an unlimited period.
"We don't really see customers coming in to make purchases because of the promotion, and not many seem to be aware of it," said Ms Alice Lim, regional manager of Sunglass Hut Singapore.
Absorbing the goods and services tax in exchange for a rental discount from CAAS has not been enough to compensate for a slide in retail sales due to the economic downtown.
Five airlines operate at T3, and one of them is Singapore Airlines, which operates around half of all flights departing from Changi.- The Straits Times.
:smile:

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
They shd not even charge the car park charges !

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unconvenient, parking charge compare to 7% save on GST no really worth it unless spend more than $1000.
But just go there to dine is NO NO.
There are many ways to entice people there. Thing like , no carpark charge, food discount voucher.

Basically charges that will incurr cost just to shop there. No choice, u are situated at the end of Singapore !

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is the same situation everywhere in S'pore. Landlords are squeezing peasants until one day, they would organize themselves up for a mass uprising.

VeryWise

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was at Jurong Point last weekend and was really impressed. There are variety of shops around and I wouldn't really need to go downtown to buy things unless I need to buy branded goods. And the number of ppl there is just crazy. That's a success. But it helps that the location is the focal point of the West area.

For Changi, it just doesn't make sense to travel all the way there just for shopping. Well, only if it offers deep discounts or the shops I can't find elsewhere. Also, if I bought a lot of stuffs and need to take a cab, do I need to pay for the surcharge? Of course I need right! That's additional expenses.

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
The CAAS itself failed to understand one very basic point in airport management. The airport terminal is there to serve passenger going in or out . Thinking of attracting every tom dick or harry for the purpose of shopping is a very far fetch idealism.

Compare to Chek Lap Kok, Pudong , Narita , Suvarnubarni. The retail outlets accessible to the general public is limited as it serve no economical sense to expect non travellers to shop or dine there. It is simply too expensive.