• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Heart Surgeon Killer Released .

M

Mdm Tang

KUALA LUMPUR: The Malaysian who killed world-renowned heart surgeon Dr Victor Chang in 1991 during a bungled kidnap attempt arrived in Malaysia early Saturday after he was released from an Australian jail on parole.

Immigration director-general Datuk Alias Ahmad confirmed that Liew Chiew Seng, 69, arrived at Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) arrived at around 3.30am Saturday.

“Following his arrival at KLIA, we brought him in for an interview which is part of the deportation process,” he said when contacted.

He said that after the interview was completed, Liew was handed over to a travel control officer from Bukit Aman.

Liew, was released from Sydney's Long Bay Correctional Centre on Friday after serving 21 years of his 26-year sentence, ahead of his daughter's wedding, which is reportedly due to take place next Saturday.

AFP had reported that the parole board in the state of New South Wales had last month agreed to free Liew, who has advanced Parkinson's disease, after his lawyers argued that he would soon be unfit to travel and unable to be deported back to Malaysia.

His release came after the state's Attorney-General Greg Smith said it would drop its appeal against Liew's release.

Liew was one of two men convicted in the murder and pulled the trigger.

The man who provided the gun, Phillip Choon Tee Lim, was also jailed over the killing and was paroled and deported to Malaysia in 2010 after serving 18 years in prison.

Dr Chang earned an international reputation for his pioneering work on heart transplant methods and was gunned down near his Sydney home.

Related Stories:
M'sian killer to be released on parole
M'sian who killed heart surgeon can attend daughter's wedding
Malaysian who killed Aussie surgeon to be deported soon
Parole delayed for Malaysian killer of Aussie surgeon Victor Chang

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...-chiew-seng-liew/story-e6frf7jo-1226495019224

Chang killer says sorry
Chiew Seng Liew
CHANG KILLER SAYS SORRYVICTOR Chang's killer has used his first hours of freedom to seek forgiveness from the family of his victim. VIDEO: CHANNEL SEVEN(1:13 / 7.0MB)

ONE OF THE FIRST PHOTOS IN 21 YEARS OF CONVICTED KILLER CHIEW SENG LIEW AS HE ARRIVES IN KUALA LUMPUR AIRPORT, MALAYSIA AS A FREE MAN. PICTURE: ROSLAN RAHMAN THE SUNDAY TELEGRAPH

HIS parole has left a family deep in grief and a nation outraged - now Chiew Seng Liew, the killer of heart surgeon Victor Chang, has used his first hours of freedom to seek forgiveness.

CHIEW SENG LIEW IN 1991. SUPPLIED

CHOICE TO FORGIVE

Could you forgive someone who had killed a member of your family?

Yes

No
Vote now

But the respected doctor's family have spurned his plea, describing it as hollow.

"He had 21 years to make an apology. He refused to do so," Victims of Crime Assistance League spokesman Howard Brown said on behalf of the Changs. "He's only sorry he has lost 21 years of his life."

Smiling at times as he walked through Kuala Lumpur Airport, Liew, 69, was yesterday far removed from the family's misery as he was welcomed in-to the arms of his son Andrew after the NSW Supreme Court approved his release and deportation to Malaysia, his country of birth.

His hands trembling with Parkinson's disease, Liew told Channel Seven he wanted Dr Chang's family to know he was remorseful. "I want to apologise to the family," Liew told Channel Seven. "I tell them I'm very sorry, I'm very sorry. I hope you forgive me, the family. Please."

The Chang family were devastated by the decision to release Liew after he served 21 years of a 26-year sentence, believing he should have been jailed for life.

Liew's parole was opposed by the NSW Government, but on Thursday the NSW Supreme Court decreed he should be set free and deported to Malaysia.

Liew, who gunned down Dr Chang in the northern Sydney suburb of Mosman in 1991 in a botched kidnap attempt, claimed he was "changed" and said he could understand the family's grief.

"His wife, his children, the whole family suffer, too. Now I changed. I understand already. I do everything wrong."

He also claimed he could empathise with their suffering and - controversially - he forgave them, too.

"I forgave them because I also suffer," Liew said. "My family suffer, too. Every day I (am) thinking about my problem. Now I get sick already (with) Parkinson's disease."

Daughter Kwei Fei Liew, who hopes her father can walk her down the aisle when she marries on Saturday, begged the public to give him "one more chance".

"This is a very, very wrong thing," Ms Liew told Channel 7.

"These things make us feel guilty for the past 21 years.

"We understand also the Victor Chang family can't also accept these things because we lost our father for the past 21 years and they also lost their father. Give my father one more chance.

"My father will definitely not do this thing any more."

But speaking on behalf of the Chang family, Mr Brown said Liew's actions could never be forgiven. "He had 21 years to make an apology," he said.

"He refused to do so. Apologies are very hollow when they are only spoken and not followed up by action.

"He had 21 years to do the things necessary to prove he was truly remorseful. He has done none of those things, such as participating in rehabilitation programs treating his offending behaviour. As far as the family is concerned, he's only sorry he has lost 21 years of his life. The Chang family lost their husband and father for the rest of their lives."

Dr Chang, a much-loved cardiovascular surgeon, was shot twice in the head on July 4, 1991.

Liew and his co-offender Phillip Choon Tee Lim, who was released on parole and deported to Malaysia in 2010 after spending 18 years in jail, deliberately ran their car into Dr Chang's, forcing him to pull over.

After the surgeon refused to give them money, Liew fired the fatal shots and left the surgeon slumped in a gutter.

Liew was handed a 26-year sentence, but the State Parole Authority granted his release one year after his 20-year non-parole period had ended.

NSW Attorney-General Greg Smith appealed that decision in the Supreme Court but failed.

M

Mdm Tang

Over already so long.

As re read , likely a story behind The story

:

KUALA LUMPUR: The Malaysian who killed world-renowned heart surgeon Dr Victor Chang in 1991 during a bungled kidnap attempt arrived in Malaysia early Saturday after he was released from an Australian jail on parole.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The world lost one of the best heart surgeons. Many Singaporeans were operated upon by this world famous heart surgeon.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Liew and his co-offender Phillip Choon Tee Lim, who was released on parole and deported to Malaysia in 2010 after spending 18 years in jail, deliberately ran their car into Dr Chang's, forcing him to pull over.

After the surgeon refused to give them money, Liew fired the fatal shots and left the surgeon slumped in a gutter.

This was not a simple robbery but was an extortion attempt by the triads. The 2 malaysians were hired hitmen.

Charlie258

Alfrescian
Loyal

Typical Malaysian Chinese small-time gangster. This type of people, must hire other gangsters to kidnap him and torture the f*ck out of him. Otherwise, he cannot be cured of his criminal tendencies.

I bet you within 6 months the f*cker will be in jail in Malaysia for one thing or another.

"Once you pick up the gun and the knife, you can never put down the gun and the knife."

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing to do with triad. 2 cheap bastards who wanted to be rich. Nothing to do with hired guns etc. Everytime a Chinese is arrested for any crime in a western world, they will bring in the triad and that they were forced to do it. Very similar to the notion that Chinese martial arts expert can stop a bullet in flight.

This was not a simple robbery but was an extortion attempt by the triads. The 2 malaysians were hired hitmen.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nothing to do with triad. 2 cheap bastards who wanted to be rich. Nothing to do with hired guns etc. Everytime a Chinese is arrested for any crime in a western world, they will bring in the triad and that they were forced to do it. Very similar to the notion that Chinese martial arts expert can stop a bullet in flight.

The 2 guys were from Wah Kee

Dr Victor Chang was not the only one WK tried to extort from. Many prominent oz-chinese and/or their kids had been victims but the federal government (racist) closed one eye to triad crime which was mainly contained within the chinese community.

Dr chang's death in '91 finally drew attention to the problem because it was sad waste of life for one of their brightest medical experts. It also forced the AFP to start linking up with anti-organised crime units in immigrant countries.

M

Mdm Tang

Wah Kee (华记)) is a secret society based in Malaysia and Singapore in the nineteenth century. In Malaysia, Wah Kee is the biggest enemy of Hong Men(洪门).[citation needed]

According to the History of Wah Kee, Wah Kee (华记) was created in Singapore by Su Guang Hua (苏广华), and his brotherhood Zhao Guang Heng (赵广恒) created Guang Kee (广记) in Guang Zhou (广州) China, Guan Fu Sheng (关福胜) created Sheng Kee (胜记) in Thailand, Zhang Xiong Jie (张雄杰) created Jie Kee (杰记) in Vietnam.

In the 1950s, they operated openly in the area around Bentong and placed a member on the local council of Jemaluang.[1] During this time, they were commonly associated with the Malaysian Chinese Association, with politician D. R. Seenivasagam going so far as to describe this connection in Parliament.[1]

In recent times, they are mainly in the Selangor, Kuala Lumpur, Melaka, Penang, Pahang, Negeri Sembilan, Sarawak, Perak and other areas. In Singapore, Wah Kee is mainly in the China Town area. The triad also have some branches in Australia, Thailand, Vietnam, China, Hong Kong, the United States, Canada and New Zealand.

The Philippine Center on Transnational Crime has stated that while the Wah Kee do not operate as a traditional triad per se, they are heavily involved in heroin trafficking in the region.[2]

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Honestly bro, as a Singaporean you must know that triads and Secret societies are like cancer where they leach small time traders and businessmen by asking for protection money. They also do that for illegal activities such as brothel, gambling, pimps etc.

It was simple case of 3 clowns who had gambling debts and only knew of one Chinese in OZ who was rich.Chang refused to cooperate and they shot him in the head twice. One of the clowns dropped his wallet at the scene. Which triad you know operate in this manner.

Every petty crook of Chinese extract in the west will make 2 claims - triad member and Kung Fu expert. They do it because that is the stereotype that west have of people of Chinese extract. If an Indian did the same thing to Victor Chang and he said it was a triad hit, everyone will drop to the floor laughing clutching their stomach in pain.

The west honestly thinks that every Chinese crook has to be triad member.

The 2 guys were from Wah Kee

Dr Victor Chang was not the only one WK tried to extort from. Many prominent oz-chinese and/or their kids had been victims but the federal government (racist) closed one eye to triad crime which was mainly contained within the chinese community.

Dr chang's death in '91 finally drew attention to the problem because it was sad waste of life for one of their brightest medical experts. It also forced the AFP to start linking up with anti-organised crime units in immigrant countries.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Every petty crook of Chinese extract in the west will make 2 claims - triad member and Kung Fu expert. They do it because that is the stereotype that west have of people of Chinese extract. If an Indian did the same thing to Victor Chang and he said it was a triad hit, everyone will drop to the floor laughing clutching their stomach in pain.

The west honestly thinks that every Chinese crook has to be triad member.

I noticed that in S'pore, whenever a S'porean is involved is a big time case overseas (be it drug related, shooting case etc), this S'porean would be reported as a triad chief or SS headman. Some of these chaps who made the headlines were just fighters when they were in S'pore, not chief or headman. No idea why the need to promote them.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it is question of survival and they do not want to be bashed up in custody. Also to please and fit the western law enforcement notion of an asian criminal.

The same applies to middle eastern organised crime where everyone is supposed to be funding osama bin laden.

I have no doubt that SS chaps who are on the run from Singapore Malaysia for gangland murder have to survive overseas by resorting to crime wether it is triad sanctioned is a different matter.

I noticed that in S'pore, whenever a S'porean is involved is a big time case overseas (be it drug related, shooting case etc), this S'porean would be reported as a triad chief or SS headman. Some of these chaps who made the headlines were just fighters when they were in S'pore, not chief or headman. No idea why the need to promote them.

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The world has lost a good surgeon.

Victor Chang from Wiki:

Victor Peter Chang, AC (born Chang Yam Him; 21 November 1936 – 4 July 1991), was a Chinese Australian cardiac surgeon and a pioneer of modern heart transplantation. Born in Shanghai to Australian-born Chinese parents, he grew up in Hong Kong before moving to Australia. After completing his medical studies at the University of Sydney and working in St Vincent's Hospital, he trained in England and the United States as a surgeon before returning to Australia. In St Vincent's Hospital, he helped establish the National Cardiac Transplant Unit, the country's leading centre for heart and lung transplants. Chang's team had a high success rate in performing heart transplantations and he pioneered the development of an artificial heart valve.[1]

In St Vincent's Hospital, he worked with surgeons Dr. Harry Windsor (who had performed Australia's first heart transplant in 1968[4]) and Dr. Mark Shanahan. The advent of anti-rejection drugs in 1980 made heart transplants more feasible, and Chang lobbied politicians and businessmen to raise funds to establish a heart transplant program at St. Vincent's. On 8 April 1984, a team of doctors led by Chang operated on 14-year old Fiona Coote who became Australia's youngest heart transplant patient.[6]

Between 1984 and 1990 Dr. Chang's unit performed over 197 heart transplants and 14 heart-lung transplants. The unit had a high rate of success with 90% of those receiving transplants from the unit surviving beyond the first year. In 1986, Victor Chang was appointed a Companion of the Order of Australia (AC) "In recognition of service to international relations between Australia and China and to medical science".[7]