• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mysterious giant bloody eyeball found on Florida beach

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ol' Blue Eye: Mystery as giant peeper washes up on beach

giant-eyebal-main_1600697a.jpg

I've got my eye on you ... the mysterious eyeball has baffled experts

Published: 12th October 2012

SCIENTISTS have been left scratching their heads after a giant eye washed up on a Florida beach.

The fleshy flotsam is the size of a large orange and was oozing blood when a member of the public plucked it off Pompano Beach, just north of Miami.

Gino Covacci said: "It was very, very fresh. It was still bleeding when I put it in the plastic bag."

Gino sent the eyeball to the Florida Fish and Wildlife Research Institute to be tested.

Experts there have studied the mysterious peeper - but are no closer to figuring out what kind of creature it came from.

giant-eyebal-620rr_1600698a.jpg

Prime suspects ... scientists say the most likely owners are a swordfish or a giant squid

A spokesman said: "Right now it sounds like a large fish is the leading candidate."

After he was shown pictures of the eye, Nova Southeastern University's Oceanographic Center professor Charles Messing claimed the "most likely candidate was a swordfish".

But the professor admitted it could also belong to a giant squid.

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
The bugger that plucks this eye from the creature must be then scarry.

There are monster from the deep, be careful!

cocobobo

Alfrescian
Loyal
looks like hoax.

eyeballs are favourite body part of many sea creatures, fishes, turtles etc. Lots of carcasses found in sea would be without eyeballs.

surprised it survived unscathed.more like someone brought it to the beach.

DelphiGOD

Alfrescian
Loyal
The eye is still intact so it will not be difficult to do a dna analysis to match with existing species of fishes the scientists know of.
Oh My, it's huge isn't it?