• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Points / Sam / Moderator / SBF

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thought I will share coupe, of things for the benefit of those who joined in recent years.

By now you should realise that points do not come into the picture if you are keen to contribute. If you pass moderation you are in. Anyone who genuinely post will be back even if they are unfairly targeted. Sam will always reinstate, and he has done that for years. The recent example of kopiuncle is case of a dishonest individual whose mum died once and for some reason is still alive and people do not like dishonest people.

The Moderator:
When I was assigned moderator status, I too did not have the power to ban anyone. Interestingly I never infracted anyone either. There is OA who has done a splendid service over the years and there those who are more alert to trolls and spammers who infact, get them ban for a day and Sam does the clean-up. I however did push rubbish especially Bob's into the BIN and occasionally had to delete threads. All with the intention of opening up folders and keep the discussion flowing.

SBF:
It has always moved with the winds and the tides and comes alive particularly during GEs and BEs. There is always football and the views and opinions from all corners of Singapore plus those who were raised here but have moved on to the wider world. Then without fail a chicken rice thread will start each year without fail.

More importantly it is anti establishment and it was the first and original site that was and is. It filled a much needed void. It does not mean that pro establishment views and posts are unwelcome. It just means that it should be sincere and arguments must reasonably hold water.

In essence if you know Sam, you know that the points are meant to clear unwanted noise temporarily until he makes an assessment. It has no correlation to substance or level of contribution. That should be evident. The ethos is one closer to freedom of speech. So the message is that points whether high or low is immaterial.

youtalkcock

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Thought I will share coupe, of things for the benefit of those who joined in recent years.

By now you should realise that points do not come into the picture if you are keen to contribute. If you pass moderation you are in. Anyone who genuinely post will be back even if they are unfairly targeted. Sam will always reinstate, and he has done that for years. The recent example of kopiuncle is case of a dishonest individual whose mum died once and for some reason is still alive and people do not like dishonest people.

You are damn right. I have been contributing to this forum for years and i hardly get rewarded for it. One thing that is sure alive in this forum is cronyism. :eek:

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bro scrooL, i noticed there were some typo errors in your contents; you have some wardrobe maLfunctions over
your end ?..:wink:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wondered about you for years. I could not figure out if you were Sam, hired by Sam etc etc. i did notice that you do not ruin threads or post rubbish but always quick to get rid of trolls or spammers. When I was a mod, I was shocked to see the amount of spams and the activities of spambots. Frankly if I was Sam, I would have given up seeing the volumes of spams waiting to be let thru. Some days was mayhem. You seem to get to the those that manage to squeeze thru.

You are damn right. I have been contributing to this forum for years and i hardly get rewarded for it. One thing that is sure alive in this forum is cronyism. :eek:

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal

I very much agree with you

But if we are here to really contribute, why bother with rewards or status?

SBF has its start and still in a way, going pretty strong. Lets hope this would carry on.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro scrooL, i noticed there were some typo errors in your contents; you have some wardrobe maLfunctions over
your end ?..:wink:
juz like ze way u hang ur ...

stock-photo-learner-driver-l-license-plate-isolated-on-plain-background-33959404.jpg

:eek:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bui Eh!, you missed out this follow up statement he made too. "It just means that it should be sincere and arguments must reasonably hold water."

I didn't miss it. If any argument for govt holds water, the usual gang will start heaping up the insults and zap until kingdom come so yeah I still think he's on weed while writing that

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
I didn't miss it. If any argument for govt holds water, the usual gang will start heaping up the insults and zap until kingdom come so yeah I still think he's on weed while writing that

Talk is cheap. Cite one such example. :rolleyes:

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If that's the case, it just shows that the particular argument made doesn't hold any water. Who made the judgement here? The poster or the readers?
Gabernment says raise GST to help poor people. Who to judge if it really helps the poor? Gabernment or the poors? Gabernment? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Scroobal Scroobal, can you ask Sam to give me hire me when I'm in NZ? This is the reason why I volunteered for the moderator job :o

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Anyone who genuinely post will be back even if they are unfairly targeted. Sam will always reinstate, and he has done that for years. The recent example of kopiuncle is case of a dishonest individual whose mum died once and for some reason is still alive and people do not like dishonest people.

Dear Scroobal,

Why are you so serious today? Why pick on KOPIUNCLE to start your barrage? Why KOPIUNCLE?

I take strong objection to your accusation that I am a dishonest individual. How many forumers here are really " honest and frank" with their postings? How many forumers here are wearing masks and having fun with their "dubious and entertaining " posts? Sometimes, when you post something in the forum, you can use your own mother, or somebody's mother or a relative to illustrate your point. It is not really important who you are using to illustrate your story. The important thing is the substance of your illustration - whether it is truthful, whether it is mischievous or whether it is used to counter an arguement. Whether I used my mother once or twice or thrice does not necessarily mean that I am a dishonest individual.

What about those forumers who use clones to post and to talk to themselves? Are they dishonest? Why don't you be a clone hunter and expose all these people who post under different monikers ?

What about those who are multi-handlers ? We all know that clones and multi-handles are used to settle scores and to intimidate, threaten,stab and even exterminate forumers.

I was banned three times for " disruptive spammings". You can see for yourself that I am a target of at least 10 forumers and their clones.They started with calling me all sorts of names which I ignored.Then they increased their intensity by attacking me and my family with vulgarities and utter profanities. They even left lewd and profane expletives in my private home. They succeeded in zapping me to minus zero and gleefully told me " byeeeee". They shut me out several times.But some senior forumers came to my assistance and brought me up so that I could continue to defend myself.

But the Ban did not work because I believe in justice. I was reinstated twice - prematurely to the utter disappointment and dismay of those who banned me. But the third ban was a nuclear bomb unleased by a very senior member. I stayed away for three days - full imprisonment. It was okay because it gave me some respite. When I reentered the forum, the same forumers and their clones continued to haunt me, continued to vulgarlise me and continued to zap me. This time round, I did not respond. I ignored the cyber bullying with their expletives and concentrate on my threads and posts.

Now Mr Scroobal Sir, you are a very seasoned and very experienced forumer .I have no doubt you are doing a great job here making very useful contributions. I respect you as a very responsible and very accoutable senior forumer . But I must express my utter disappointment that you chose to pick Kopiuncle and label him a DISHONEST INDIVIDUAL. I deplore such a characterization and I personally feel that you have committed a grave injustice.Not only that, you reinforced and justified the vulgar, profane and obscenely mindless attacks on Kopiuncle by no less than 10 senior forumers here. By labelling me as an DISHONEST INDIVIDUAL,you become part of the LYNCHING RABID MOB. Thank you.

My last shot to you. I have 4 mothers. My father married 4 wives and when we were little, we called all of them 母親...Two of my 母親
had passed on and I am still taking care of my remaining two 母親 both of them are in their 80s. I came from a very strict and traditional Chinese family and to disobey my father or to be unfilial is a crime punisable with death. You don't have to believe me because I am a dishonest individual. Thank you ...

Anyway, let me end by quoting SAM on what he thinks what Sammy.com is all about : false accusations, lies ,concortions ...by twisted minds, lunatics and substance users. Does it pay to be honest in this forum? Or is it all a wayang kulit ? Let us all have fun:smile: