• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkie Reservists will get "bigger and more challenging roles" to defend FTs

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
National Servicemen to get bigger, more challenging roles
by Sadat Osman
inSing.com - 27 September 2012 6:54 PM | Updated 28 September 2012 10:14 AM

pc_600x450.jpg
<cite style="display: block; font-style: normal; font-size: 10px; margin-top: 4px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 4px; margin-left: 0px; ">Transcom NSmen on duty in a train along the Circle Line (Photo / Ministry of Home Affairs Facebook page)</cite>
More Police National Servicemen (NSmen) will be given larger and more challenging roles at the frontlines with regular officers.

Deputy Prime Minister and Minister for Home Affairs Teo Chee Hean made the announcement at the presentation ceremony of the Home Team National Awards on Wednesday, where he cited the shrinking population of Singaporeans as the reason for his decision.

In his speech which is posted on the Home Affairs Ministry website, he predicted a yearly decrease of two per cent in the number of National Service enlistees from 2016.

He added that the ministry will be working on ways to make better use of the capabilities of NSmen (also commonly known as reservists), so as not to affect team operations due to a lack of manpower.

Now, NSmen are already working with regulars in various frontline units such as the Neighbourhood Police Centres, Airport Command, Police Coast Guards and Public Transport Security Command.

They are also deployed at major events, such as last year’s General Election, the Presidential Election as well as the recent F1 Singapore Grand Prix.

However, Mr Teo said in his speech that he wants to involve these officers a lot more and mimic the operations at the Public Transport Security Command, which comprises of mostly NSmen.

NSmen have contributed to more than 400 proactive arrests in 2011, which included wanted persons and drug offenders.

The Deputy Prime Minister also said that there are plans to shape up the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) in the same way.

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal
More Police National Servicemen (NSmen) will be given larger and more challenging roles at the frontlines with regular officers.. The Deputy Prime Minister also said that there are plans to shape up the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) in the same way.

so the plan is to gradually move the male population into being half pass six security guards? classic arrow manoeuvre, just fill in gap & worry later.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So...more sg males to b called up for reservists...making their employers more doo lan ...more eager to hire ft to replace them... More layoffs...vicious cycle

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal
make sure the trees don't fall down .....

lets analyse the vocations & the chances of trees falling down..

Neighbourhood Police Centres - possible, always very green & leafy,
Airport Command - unless plane langar with tree,
Police Coast Guards - blur sotongs can drive boat on land,
Public Transport Security Command - MRT buang & langar with tree,
General Election - very possible lots of ppl sheltering under trees while contemplating the million dollar Qs - who did he vote for?
Presidential Election - Istana got a lot of trees,
F1 Singapore Grand Prix - no trees but a lot of people climbing up lamp post for better view.

so the verdict? YES more NSmen will be in danger, the #1 injury will be kena verbally abused by PRC aunty on MRT.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chebye using public/tax payer money to support Pte Ltd company.
Chebye those company if need security should employ Cisco.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They are also deployed at major events, such as last year’s General Election, the Presidential Election as well as the recent F1 Singapore Grand Prix.

Call a spade a spade. It's cheap labour by any other name.

Don't forget the NS slaves who're roped into that annual propaganda mega-event on the 9th August.

Luckily for me, I wasn't arrowed into that nonsense. Some of my friends were not so lucky.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Don't forget the NS slaves who're roped into that annual propaganda mega-event on the 9th August.

Luckily for me, I wasn't arrowed into that nonsense. Some of my friends were not so lucky.

Cheap Labour... yes you are right..

yaosiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah!! Sent all of those guniangs to IRAQ!

Toughen them up! Run also can drop dead.

Tree also can kill them. Army camps are too protective.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The honor is not only reserved for NS guys. PAP is not above taking advantage of school kids. Look at how they were used used for the Youth Games, National Day Celebrations, Chingay celebrations,..... Even senior citizens were drafted to hold the wayang for the recent royal visit.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Unfortunately there will also be some daft '' siao on the ball'' NSFs who will stupidly appreciate these so called '' bigger and more challenging roles '' for them as claimed by the PAP..

These are the Gong Gong guys that will not hesistate to follow strict orders by their Commanders to guard the toilets while a PAP Minister is busy shitting inside it..

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
The honor is not only reserved for NS guys. PAP is not above taking advantage of school kids. Look at how they were used used for the Youth Games, National Day Celebrations, Chingay celebrations,..... Even senior citizens were drafted to hold the wayang for the recent royal visit.

"At the end of the day, we are so many digits in the machine." - Lee Kuan Yew