• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkie Archbishop Nicholas Chia withdraws letter to abolish ISA

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Errr u confuse Catholics with saints. Catholics r just like u and me. In church, holy, holy. Once outside ...or even before they even leave the church grounds, they revert back to their true selves!!

Not lah! not Saints...you going to tell me, they going to beatified him when he dies?..I am talking about one that attends a certain church in Katong..what goes around come around...

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exactly my point. Where is there an ISA in the U.S.? It only proves that power can be corrupted and abused, and laws are but the tool. Don't get bogged down in semantics. There are no rogue laws, only rogue govts.

You kong simi? You allow for occasions of a rogue government but you don't allow for rogue laws enacted by rogue governments. Then again, laws evolve. The ISA is a punishment tool that is largely not required today. Today with the technology available it is relatively easy to gather evidence via surveillance. The ISA can and should be removed because there are better laws in place to fight against terrorism. The argument is similar to calls to open up the mainstream media to more competition. The PAPzis argue that they need to control information that may be seditious etc etc etc eventhough they and everyone knows that there are already laws against sedition and inciting racial issues.

kazuo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Reminds me of this "Catholic guilt" that all believers seem to suffer from. My friend who is a staunch Catholic used to tell me he would go for confession every time he masturbates. One day, i asked him,"So all this time, did the priest have a hard on?"