• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Owner for ksl d'esplanade residence

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
There was a discussion in this forum about the topic on commercial versus residential titled properties :smile:

The rise of serviced apartments
Posted on 27 January 2012 - 09:48am

Hidden cost

Besides commercial land costs usually being priced higher, properties on commercial titles require owners to pay peak energy, water and sewerage rates as well as quit rent and assessment charges.

"This is an abuse of the word 'serviced apartment'," opines MBPJ councillor Derek Fernandez. "The homeowner must understand the original concept was like with Micasa in KL. It's a commercially run operation. Serviced apartments are paying a premium for the commerciability of places like this. So people should be very hesitant to buy this."

"The buyer is paying property taxes which are normally double those of residential taxes," adds Rehda president Datuk Seri Michael Yam. "Your water price is the same price as the one the Pappa Rich operator pays. The electricity rate is double, and the deposits they take from you are also higher."

Of course, this misnomer can also be very confusing. One Indonesian investor looking for serviced apartments in Bukit Ceylon was disappointed to find at a launch last year that the units being touted as serviced apartments were not much more than "a standard block of condominiums", as he described them later.

"There's no management, rental return, housekeeping services or security policy. It wasn't fully furnished either. I think this is misrepresentation."

In fact, more and more property types are being ambiguously marketed as both residential and commercial, with titles such as SOHO (small office, home office), SOVO (small office, versatile office), SOFO (small office, flexible office), lifestyle suites, serviced residences and serviced suites, among others. Many of these projects' brochures depict young working professionals in suits toting briefcases, next to images of double beds, saunas, barbeque areas and jacuzzis.

- See more at: http://www.thesundaily.my/news/278343#sthash.LLevRHbX.dpuf

goldenbet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, just received the propert tax letter. Yes, 0.27%.
Have u checked with the KSL office?
Thanks.
Yes, and answer was as usual "TAX is determined by MBJB". Called again and they told that entire plot is registered as 'Commercial' and they pay Water, Electricity rate as per Commercial Slab. Also they would adjust the tax deducted for last 6 months of 2014 from bills for this year. We would have to pay the Property Tax ourselves.

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

Thanks. Looks like no other way. i like it that the condo is above a shopping mall, for convenience. So, no choice. I suppose for projects with residencial blocks above commercial activities, the entire plots are commercial plots.

Yes, and answer was as usual "TAX is determined by MBJB". Called again and they told that entire plot is registered as 'Commercial' and they pay Water, Electricity rate as per Commercial Slab. Also they would adjust the tax deducted for last 6 months of 2014 from bills for this year. We would have to pay the Property Tax ourselves.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

Thanks. Looks like no other way. i like it that the condo is above a shopping mall, for convenience. So, no choice. I suppose for projects with residencial blocks above commercial activities, the entire plots are commercial plots.

There may be a way out (please read Princess Cove R&F thread post 460). Happy for you if it works. Please share the outcome.

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

Different developers handle this matter differently. Below is one example.

Setiawalk Serviced Apartments, Puchong.
Developer : SP Setia Berhad
Land title type : Commercial
Electricity: Residential rate
Water: Residential rate

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Different developers handle this matter differently. Below is one example.

Setiawalk Serviced Apartments, Puchong.
Developer : SP Setia Berhad
Land title type : Commercial
Electricity: Residential rate
Water: Residential rate

I have heard about this from other developer's salesman too. I.e. pay residential rate on commercial Land. It's not auto and the developer will need to apply for the owner. Whether its true or not only time will tell.

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks, will check out for water and electricity bills. Not paying yet cause under guaranteed rental. But for assessment quite high ( double for commercial) . Somehow, valuation given to compute tax is high, close to market rate at 900-1000 psf. For landed, valuation is 50% or lower than resale value .

The gov can collect so much more tax from condos, compared to landed. See how much country gardens' 9000 units will be contributing for that relatively small piece of land.

There may be a way out (please read Princess Cove R&F thread post 460). Happy for you if it works. Please share the outcome.

goldenbet

Alfrescian
Loyal
But KSL itself is selling units for 720 psf, why would anyone pay 900-1000 psf? I see a lots of listing in Propertyguru and most of them are above 900 psf, not sure how many do change hands.

Thanks, will check out for water and electricity bills. Not paying yet cause under guaranteed rental. But for assessment quite high ( double for commercial) . Somehow, valuation given to compute tax is high, close to market rate at 900-1000 psf. For landed, valuation is 50% or lower than resale value .

The gov can collect so much more tax from condos, compared to landed. See how much country gardens' 9000 units will be contributing for that relatively small piece of land.

destansooming

Alfrescian
Loyal
20150315_092421.jpg20150315_092524.jpg
photo of d'esplanade March 15,should be collecting keys this year bah

allanckk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi All,

The rental package for ksl d'esplanade residence should 3 year and end at mid 2016 have you guy think about how is going to be after next? I was thinking to rent back to ksl again not sure is this work?? Do you guy know the rental rate over there now? I hear can rent at 3.5 to 4 dollar psf is that true?

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi

Yes, one more year to wait. Do share if u have info from KSL - whether they will rent from owners and continue to run the service appt/hotel. Good if can get 3.5-4 psf, more than enough to cover interest and principal payments..

Hi All,

The rental package for ksl d'esplanade residence should 3 year and end at mid 2016 have you guy think about how is going to be after next? I was thinking to rent back to ksl again not sure is this work?? Do you guy know the rental rate over there now? I hear can rent at 3.5 to 4 dollar psf is that true?

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. Don't put too much hope on the brochure. Sometimes even in Singapore developments also have this problem although the proportion is much lower.
That's the purpose for them putting in the artist impression caveat

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. Don't put too much hope on the brochure. Sometimes even in Singapore developments also have this problem although the proportion is much lower.
That's the purpose for them putting in the artist impression caveat

This is always the risk of buying off the plan. Current prices in Johor have corrected to about 2013 level, but costs are rising. So anyone looking for own use, particularly landed property, can look for firesales for units that are already completed but still under defect warranty period.