• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Setia Sky 88 community

jbrts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Setia Sky 88 - April 2016 from Twin Galaxy

Why is it a total failure? Maybe the market is bad now so not many buyers. Anyway, foreigners also cannot buy below RM1mil. Not sure if JB locals are interested in such condos.

Is it true in general, resale transactions for condos in JB are very low? Most prefer to buy new.

Yes, because new one easier to get loan, and developer also give freebies. That's why you see resale unit price are low compared to new ones.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes, because new one easier to get loan, and developer also give freebies. That's why you see resale unit price are low compared to new ones.

Thanks for confirming.

Strange that the banks have such a rule. They are not encouraging buyers to buy older condos in Johor. In an oversupply market, it will be much more difficult for owners of older condos to sell off because new buyers may not get their loans?

Maybe Johor condos are less appealing as they age. Heard all sorts of stories like condo management changing several times, maintenance not properly carried out, etc. So if the banks need to auction them off, it may be more difficult finding new buyers.

Just guessing....

jbrts

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks for confirming.

Strange that the banks have such a rule. They are not encouraging buyers to buy older condos in Johor. In an oversupply market, it will be much more difficult for owners of older condos to sell off because new buyers may not get their loans?

Maybe Johor condos are less appealing as they age. Heard all sorts of stories like condo management changing several times, maintenance not properly carried out, etc. So if the banks need to auction them off, it may be more difficult finding new buyers.

Just guessing....

I think one reason is that developer takes loan from bank.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is nice on the website. However, already around 50 owners wanted to dump their units at propertyguru. I doubt anyone will buy it too.

Oh... so many want to dump. Maybe they are property flippers?

What's the main issue with Twin Galaxy?

I think for JB condos, owners should be prepared to keep or if desperate, can go into loan default? If they don't stay there, it will just be white elephant. No choice. Don't think sales will move, especially now.

Last edited:

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think for JB condos, owners should be prepared to keep or if desperate, can go into loan default? If they don't stay there, it will just be white elephant. No choice. Don't think sales will move, especially now.

The worst part is, the flippers wanted to sell the 2 rooms units at around RM680K at Twin Galaxy! I wonder who will be so stupid to buy it at that ridiculous price.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
The worst part is, the flippers wanted to sell the 2 rooms units at around RM680K at Twin Galaxy! I wonder who will be so stupid to buy it at that ridiculous price.

Actually, for those who have bought condos in the newer parts of Johor, it can be even more expensive! RM760-1000 psf.

Do you know how much the buyers of Twin Galaxy bought their units for?

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, for those who have bought condos in the newer parts of Johor, it can be even more expensive! RM760-1000 psf.

Do you know how much the buyers of Twin Galaxy bought their units for?

For the 2 rooms units after discount is less than RM500k during launching. For studio is around RM363K.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
For the 2 rooms units after discount is less than RM500k during launching. For studio is around RM363K.

Based on the past 3 years' launches, that's considered cheap liao!

But I don't know if there will be a market for such condos now.

Anyway, I think the price increase has nothing to do with real demand. It's the developers who pull the prices up artificially. Won't be able to sustain in the long run, IMHO.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Based on the past 3 years' launches, that's considered cheap liao!

But I don't know if there will be a market for such condos now.

Anyway, I think the price increase has nothing to do with real demand. It's the developers who pull the prices up artificially. Won't be able to sustain in the long run, IMHO.

Cheap? The owner will consider lucky now , if they can find a buyer based on their launching price.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cheap? The owner will consider lucky now , if they can find a buyer based on their launching price.

Very hard or impossible to sell. No foreign buyer support below RM1mil. Malaysians also won't buy.

What happened during launch? Buyers affected by herd mentality and all rushed in to buy?

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

The issue is not with Twin Galaxy, dear.
The issue is for all the recent development, a high percentage of buyers are "investors", hoping and wishing to make some money from it soon.
The bigger issue is most "investors" are small timers with limited financial resources and has limited holding power.
The biggest issue now is the market had already turned, 3 years later, you can still buy direct from those developers while hundreds of newly completed units are available in the resale market, direct competing.
Later you'll see sellers from the Danga Day and City area fiercely competing with those within the western cluster in Medini, Nusajaya, Puteri Harbor area.
If all buyers are for self stay, there will be no issue at all, got it?

Last edited:

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
The issue is not with Twin Galaxy, dear.
The issue is for all the recent development, a high percentage of buyers are "investors", hoping and wishing to make some money from it soon.
The bigger issue is most "investors" are small timers with limited financial resources and has limited holding power.
The biggest issue now is the market had already turned, 3 years later, you can still buy direct from those developers while hundreds of newly completed units are available in the resale market, direct competing.
Later you'll see sellers from the Danga Day and City area fiercely competing with those within the western cluster in Medini, Nusajaya, Puteri Harbor area.
If all buyers are for self stay, there will be no issue at all, got it?

Thanks, my Love.... :smile:

Ya.. I know all the above.

But since the topic of Twin Galaxy and Setia88 came up, I thought maybe there are some issues with them as Relaxman mentioned.

I think those investors only realized the reality about the general oversupply issue and high prices for recently launched condos in Johor after they had bought them. Indeed, the competition in the market will be very great for years to come. Self-stay is not so simple, especially those with strict working hours and families with kids in Singapore.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Self-stay is not so simple, especially those with strict working hours and families with kids in Singapore.
Maybe in 10 years time, the Johor Sultan will call for a JoExit referendum and join with Singapore. :biggrin:

Last edited: