• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Setia Sky 88 community

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
The daily peak hours traffic will tell me so. Not just at the border crossings, but also at local MRT stations. Otherwise, we should rightfully be seeing less of such.

uhm, majority will still work 9-5 but what i'm saying is there is still a lot of people with flexi arrangements.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
In conclusion, I feel that those Chink developers are the cause of the over supply of condos in JB today. Had Country Garden at Danga Bay and Princess Cove not present, I believe the condo market in JB will be in a much healthier condition. I dare not even think about more up coming projects like Forest City (in the west) and the one by Greenland which is just next to Country Garden at Danga Bay.

jbrts

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know for a fact that some Jiak liao bee people in Civil service are actually paid per post they make on forums to achieve government agenda...LOL...that is the only way for them to keep their jobs perhaps that is why they write so furiously....PAP is best in propaganda and brainwashing people and now with the internet, they need to hire lots of such forum writers to win the people's hearts and votes to keep them in power...that is perhaps why some keep putting JB down...

Let me tell them and the government people reading this....people who buy JB usually have something that they are unhappy about the way things are run in Sg....but citizenship is something thay may or may not be able to give up so easily for various reasons....that is why we keep our properties in Sg Inc....as investments but MM2H gives us an option against PAP tyranny in so many aspects of our lives from COES to stupid stressful Heuristics developed by an idiotic Sgpn to torture students and parents...prob will be the cause of more Primary children jumping down in future...

Err... if any government people reading this, please PM me as I am interested to post for you for a fee :smile:

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
In conclusion, I feel that those Chink developers are the cause of the over supply of condos in JB today. Had Country Garden at Danga Bay and Princess Cove not present, I believe the condo market in JB will be in a much healthier condition. I dare not even think about more up coming projects like Forest City (in the west) and the one by Greenland which is just next to Country Garden at Danga Bay.

Agree.....

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes, those "crazy" China developers in a way have caused the condo market to be off-balanced. They can't do this if the Johor authorities didn't allow them to. But this is not the only factor.

To boost the market, Johor needs economic demands for their condos. They need to create a lot more skilled jobs to have workers go there. They need to have clean governance. Eradicate corruption. Lessen the crime. Spruce up the old areas. Urban planning needs to be firm, far-sighted yet focused. Put confidence for businesses to move there first before building so many condos. And of course, transport links between SG and Johor have to be improved tremendously too to facilitate people going in and out of the city.

Unfortunately, I don't see the above happening so easily and any time soon.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
News out that Sg is gonna raise parking charges in carparks, including schools....hope Aeon Tebrau 1rm per entry car park charge for whole day stays for a good while longer...

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
News out that Sg is gonna raise parking charges in carparks, including schools....hope Aeon Tebrau 1rm per entry car park charge for whole day stays for a good while longer...

The former HDB chairman also said that SG should plan for 10m population. His arguments are fair as competition from other countries are heating up.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
The former HDB chairman also said that SG should plan for 10m population. His arguments are fair as competition from other countries are heating up.

Huh??? Will Sg sink with overbuilding and tunnelling? Where r the jobs gonna come from? Or r we just using people to create jobs ie drive demand for retail etc and of course provide for rental income for the many Sgpn like me included...is this a sustainable policy or kicking the can down the road and creating more problems in the Long run?

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
10m is just a number. Be it 6.9 or 8 or 10m or more, we always have a choice. We can stay put. Kbkb everyday or we can make alternative plans or some may call it Insurance backups. The World is increasing becoming a Global City. Just as many can come in to SG to Work/Live/Stay. We can likewise do so, nothing can stop us from becoming like them. The only restrictive element is mainly yourself(mindset).

:cool:

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Huh??? Will Sg sink with overbuilding and tunnelling? Where r the jobs gonna come from? Or r we just using people to create jobs ie drive demand for retail etc and of course provide for rental income for the many Sgpn like me included...is this a sustainable policy or kicking the can down the road and creating more problems in the Long run?

Or maybe they r hoping we can all be landlords and retire while renting out our properties to foreigners....

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is because those invested in solid properties, land or landed properties in the past, there is no denying that this class of property would succeed anywhere in the world but condos in Johor? Yes sure you cannot deny that there would be an upward trend but there would also be a strong downward push due to maintenance issues and non occupancy for investors and high interest rates which eat into your so called profits and CA.

In Singapore, someone already did a rough calculation, if you own an HDB and rent out for 99 years you get back something like a couple of a million, so who cares if the lease runs out in 99 years to nothing?

Your thinking and logic and unable to see the difference in property investment would not make you a good investor.

An investor who thinks buying a property that makes a free million in hundred years then value of property becomes zero is better than a property that makes a few million in a hundred years and the value is then worth tens of times more does not know how to calculate. I am not saying just making a few million is a bad thing but it is warped logic to say making more than few million is worse than making a few millions. May be you could ask those who inherit freehold properties whether they would rather their parents or ancestors left them leasehold property than freehold property. Imagine what would happen to the financial positions of old rich companies like IOI, Sime Darby, Genting, Robert Kwok's,...if the lease on their properties expire in few more years.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
SG has already over 5 mil now (according to some survey), whats another 5, still can la.

Too overcrowded, not liveable...that is why I buy my AH semiD when they passed the pop white paper of 6.9 mil and invest in another property in Sg....I dun really agree with it but if it is gonna happen, might as well seize the opportunities it presents and make my own plans...

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Finally someone talking some sense.

http://www.thestar.com.my/metro/com...onnectivity-and-accessibility-leading-to-les/

"Johor Baru MP Tan Sri Shahrir Abdul Samad said too much focus was given to the multi-billion ringgit High Speed Rail (HSR) project connecting Singapore and Kuala Lumpur by both countries.

RTS will be able to address the congestion problem at the Causeway which is a daily occurrence affecting thousands of Malaysians and Singaporeans commuting between Johor Baru and the republic, he said."

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fully agree..
Everyone in Johor knows that RTS is more relevant to Johor.. But the powers that be in KL obviously prefer the HSR as the financial commitment is larger..

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
desperate time for desperate measures....i heard Twin Galaxy now offering free shuttle bus to CIQ every morning.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Finally someone talking some sense.

http://www.thestar.com.my/metro/com...onnectivity-and-accessibility-leading-to-les/

"Johor Baru MP Tan Sri Shahrir Abdul Samad said too much focus was given to the multi-billion ringgit High Speed Rail (HSR) project connecting Singapore and Kuala Lumpur by both countries.

RTS will be able to address the congestion problem at the Causeway which is a daily occurrence affecting thousands of Malaysians and Singaporeans commuting between Johor Baru and the republic, he said."

This is that MP that received RM1 million from the PM's generous donation...............but what had he done for JB as its MP?
Nothing except talking and talking.

SuteraUtama

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Setia Sky 88 - April 2016 from Twin Galaxy

Definitely overpriced. Those bought at Setia Sky 88 mostly are flippers. Now in panic mode. The situation is when you buy condo, you cannot sell it! From the beginning, i am stressing that this project can buy only for own stay. The problem is those who buy for own stay also don't dare to move in because it is gonna be empty! This project is totally a failure and good luck to our beloved flippers!

Relaxman , you bought Sky88?