• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

3 kinds of opposition

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are 3 kinds of opposition:

1 - The ones that is ok with most people, love-hate with the vocal types and tries to win PAP ground.
Eg. Low, Lim, Chen, other WP MPs and key WP members, the Chiams, some in NSP.

2 - The ones that have a cult following, tends to be more political in approach eg articles, forums.
Eg. Chee and sis, John, Vincent and many SDP leaders, some in NSP, late JBJ.

3 - The ones that are portrayed to be own-goal scorers at varying degrees:
Eg. GMS, KJ and a few in NSP (still got "liao" substance despite some nutty acts), Desmond, Alex (rather nutty), Frankie Low, Zeng Guoyuan (absolutely nutty).

4 - Some do not fit too much into 1 to 3. Eg Lee Siew Choh, Tan Jee Say.

We have to live with the pros and cons of all of them (except maybe 3).

Bryan T

Alfrescian
Loyal
4 - Some do not fit too much into 1 to 3. Eg Lee Siew Choh, Tan Jee Say.

Lee Siew Choh belongs to Cat 3, together with Don't-talk-cock Ling, High-five Tan, Where's-my-form Gomez, Plagiariser Singh, I-don't-know-what-I-am-reading Chiam.

TJS and Tan Cheng Bock are Cat 2s - warped but followed.

There should be a category for 'nondescripts' - for those characterless and faceless ones with little substance: Yee JJ, Faisal (WP) and countless NSP and RP ones plucked off the street or refuse pile."

Last edited:

Liquigas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Similarly there are two categories of opposition supporters..

A. Diehard opposition supporters who will vote for opposition candidates irregardless of party affliations.

B. Party specific opposition supporters who will only vote for candidates from the political party he or she is supporting. For example, a WP supporter will not hesitate to vote for PAP if there is no WP candidate contesting in his ward.

Think many belongs to Cat B which could help explain PAP's continual successes at the polls elections after elections...

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Similarly there are two categories of opposition supporters..

A. Diehard opposition supporters who will vote for opposition candidates irregardless of party affliations.

B. Party specific opposition supporters who will only vote for candidates from the political party he or she is supporting. For example, a WP supporter will not hesitate to vote for PAP if there is no WP candidate contesting in his ward.

Think many belongs to Cat B which could help explain PAP's continual successes at the polls elections after elections...

Looks like 99% in this forum is Cat B here. They are not interested in dethroning PAP. What is there to worry for PAP?

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like 99% in this forum is Cat B here. They are not interested in dethroning PAP. What is there to worry for PAP?

Boss, with 72.9% of the votes and all 87 parliament seats, it's always been a tall order to dislodge the PAPzi hegemony.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are a few kinds of opposition but only one kind of keling, ie balless internet warriors who failed to rise to challenge by a much older man.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There exists a fourth - fake opposition.

Doesn't matter what you think, but what more people than you think. When I pieced those information, I made a general assessment of the ground. Not saying that I am right of course, but I didn't start with what I think.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lee Siew Choh belongs to Cat 3, together with Don't-talk-cock Ling, High-five Tan, Where's-my-form Gomez, Plagiariser Singh, I-don't-know-what-I-am-reading Chiam.

TJS and Tan Cheng Bock are Cat 2s - warped but followed.

There should be a category for 'nondescripts' - for those characterless and faceless ones with little substance: Yee JJ, Faisal (WP) and countless NSP and RP ones plucked off the street or refuse pile."

Same goes to you. Doesn't matter what you think, but what more people than you think. When I pieced those information, I made a general assessment of the ground. They will reflect the ground better at least better than your nonsense.