• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Malaysia My Second Home - mm2h

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which FD has 4.5% now ... Was thinking of putting into UOB 4.25% but their promo ends end March...

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
if I am not mistaken, RHB has a fd promo going on, the interest given is staggered, but the effective interest rate is something like 4.4% through 15 months or so.
U may like to pop in to check with them.

Which FD has 4.5% now ... Was thinking of putting into UOB 4.25% but their promo ends end March...

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
if I am not mistaken, RHB has a fd promo going on, the interest given is staggered, but the effective interest rate is something like 4.4% through 15 months or so.
U may like to pop in to check with them.

Thanks, will consider but prob will not put more than the insured amt in a Malaysian bank...

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do consider to keep some money in Spore banks.
If you had sold yr landed or intending to sell, maybe consider to buy a small condo for rental income.

It's a nice feeling to have both cash and property on both sides of the causeway.
We never know the future, just in case...
Just a suggestion, no offence...

Thanks, will consider but prob will not put more than the insured amt in a Malaysian bank...

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do consider to keep some money in Spore banks.
If you had sold yr landed or intending to sell, maybe consider to buy a small condo for rental income.

It's a nice feeling to have both cash and property on both sides of the causeway.
We never know the future, just in case...
Just a suggestion, no offence...

No problem, my mum thinks so too. We already have a 1+1 bedder condo that we can pay off now that can give us about S$1800 net passive income after minus taxes and maintenance...

Last edited:

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal

UOB in City Square offers promotional FD rates for "fresh fund" quite often. This is not published on their web site. A telephone call to that branch will help in finding out if there is any such promotion at this moment. Depositing with this bank may take your mind off worrying about the "insured amount".

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
UOB in City Square offers promotional FD rates for "fresh fund" quite often. This is not published on their web site. A telephone call to that branch will help in finding out if there is any such promotion at this moment. Depositing with this bank may take your mind off worrying about the "insured amount".

Yeah, my malaysia UOB banker whatsapp me and updates me about their promo rates regularly,,, feel safer putting in a Sg bank...

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does anyone know if the RM10k monthly income requirement can be fulfilled by passive income or must it be active income?

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does anyone know if the RM10k monthly income requirement can be fulfilled by passive income or must it be active income?

I am pretty sure that you would have no problem meeting the MM2H requirement on this RM10,000 monthly offshore income from what I gathered and reading what you have posted.

And actually applying for MM2H is pretty easy.

I applied through direct application just by following whatever information and requirements MM2H have posted on their www.mm2h.gov.my website.

We have already some friends coming along and doing the same thing and application and getting it done with minimum of fuss.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am pretty sure that you would have no problem meeting the MM2H requirement on this RM10,000 monthly offshore income from what I gathered and reading what you have posted.

And actually applying for MM2H is pretty easy.

I applied through direct application just by following whatever information and requirements MM2H have posted on their www.mm2h.gov.my website.

We have already some friends coming along and doing the same thing and application and getting it done with minimum of fuss.

Do you and your friends all stay in JB and work in Sg?

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you and your friends all stay in JB and work in Sg?

Some just retired, some going to retired but still work ad hoc in Singapore occasionally, work from home and occasionally goes into Sg and one still working and travelling in and out everyday.

We got our MM2H while we are still working for standby for the day when we retired.

At least we knows when we need to stay anywhere in Malaysia long term, we can do so, not just in JB. And the tax free car is a bonus.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some just retired, some going to retired but still work ad hoc in Singapore occasionally, work from home and occasionally goes into Sg and one still working and travelling in and out everyday.

We got our MM2H while we are still working for standby for the day when we retired.

At least we knows when we need to stay anywhere in Malaysia long term, we can do so, not just in JB. And the tax free car is a bonus.

How old r your friends when they r retired? With children? Do they manage to retire earlier than if it had been in Sg? What r their sources of passive income and how much is sufficient?

Sorry to ask so much...hope you dun mind or I can pm you....

Happy CNY everyone!

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
How old r your friends when they r retired? With children? Do they manage to retire earlier than if it had been in Sg? What r their sources of passive income and how much is sufficient?

Sorry to ask so much...hope you dun mind or I can pm you....

Happy CNY everyone!

Happy CNY to you and family too.

It would be better if you can pm me.

Most happy to share more details about some of those friends with MM2H and our lives here, whether retired, planning to retired or still working out in Singapore.

We are also mostly neighbours and do meet up in gatherings occasionally. Could invite you to join us for chit chat and help you with some of your questions directly, if not able to fully answered in pm.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Happy CNY to you and family too.

It would be better if you can pm me.

Most happy to share more details about some of those friends with MM2H and our lives here, whether retired, planning to retired or still working out in Singapore.

We are also mostly neighbours and do meet up in gatherings occasionally. Could invite you to join us for chit chat and help you with some of your questions directly, if not able to fully answered in pm.

Thanks for your willingness to share...will definitely pm you...