• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Malaysia My Second Home - mm2h

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Crystal-sis,

Long time no talk. Hope you every year huat huat and happy and become more and more swee!

Malaysia is not for everyone. It is for me because it is across the bridge. I almost got my mm2h already.. so will push on...

Cheerio

hi arsenal

long time no hear fr u . seriously if u consider to convert to other western country citzenship i wont stop u but not msia please .

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Crystal-sis,

Long time no talk. Hope you every year huat huat and happy and become more and more swee!

Malaysia is not for everyone. It is for me because it is across the bridge. I almost got my mm2h already.. so will push on...

Cheerio

aiyo , miss yr posts for so long .... hope u also huat huat huat , buy more properties !

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any implications or advantages of mm2h on a foreigner's ability to start business in Iskandar? Will really appreciate if anyone can enlighten.

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
We put in our application in Feb and to-date the status is still "Under Process". The only thing that is not sent to them is the Letter of Good Conduct and only because the MM2H officer who's been emailing me back and forth has said not to send to them until further notice. That was four weeks ago and until now, no news :/

How long is the wait to know if the application is accepted or rejected?

jc731

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you buy a locally assembled (new) car under MM2H, the dealer should take care of the application with the relevant authorities and register it for you.
Just sign an application form and provide your dealer with documents as stated above.

A bit confusion, is it viable to own a Malaysia reg. plate vehicle (new or used) without having MM2H with a Singapore valid driving license ?

If yes, is there any criteria or procedures that we need to take note.

TIA

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
We put in our application in Feb and to-date the status is still "Under Process". The only thing that is not sent to them is the Letter of Good Conduct and only because the MM2H officer who's been emailing me back and forth has said not to send to them until further notice. That was four weeks ago and until now, no news :/

How long is the wait to know if the application is accepted or rejected?

So today we got an email from the MM2H office indicating our application has been approved :smile:

Now we're waiting to receive a letter from them with the details of what the next steps are.

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
U have cleared many2 hurdles to come this far, congrats!
Well if there is a will, there is a way! Most important is family support

So today we got an email from the MM2H office indicating our application has been approved :smile:

Now we're waiting to receive a letter from them with the details of what the next steps are.

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
My personal opinion is that if one lives in JB, and is contented with a simple car, there's really no need to apply for MM2H. I can understand applying for MM2H if one intends to retire in Penang, Ipoh, KL as distance is a factor. But if one stays in JB, it's really easy to visit SG every month.

For me, I think MACS is more than sufficient, but if one intends to buy a 7 series or similar cars, then maybe it makes sense to apply for MM2H....

another good point of MM2H is that you can hire a maid to work for you without in and out of malaysia..

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
May I know those who gotten their approval from MM2H, how do you all do it?..

Having a 500K RM FD is kind of alot for a employee working in SG..
500k RM is like 200K SGD...

I do have a house which is under my mother's name.
It is not fully paid yet, and that house is not worth 1 MIL when I bought it..

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
May I know those who gotten their approval from MM2H, how do you all do it?..

Having a 500K RM FD is kind of alot for a employee working in SG..
500k RM is like 200K SGD...

I do have a house which is under my mother's name.
It is not fully paid yet, and that house is not worth 1 MIL when I bought it..
Below 50 years, FD is RM300k, over 50 years, FD is RM150k.
House worth 1 million RM fully paid up only considered in lieu.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am thinking of putting money into their FD anyway and prob need a maid and car so might as well...

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am thinking of putting money into their FD anyway and prob need a maid and car so might as well...

Yes. 2 good reasons beside that your children below 21 could benefit from a 6month extendable visa as long the parent mm2h is valid.
Like that they dun even need go in/out custom every 30days. MM2h also offers more certainty for your Long term stay.
Coz we all know Msia policies bait Flip Flop. Wait in/out kenna tekan by JB custom. Sian 1/2.