• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Horizon Hills community.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is always good to have some bears around. On the contrary, I find their presence comforting. When most bears become bulls, it is near the peak and time to sell! The best time to enter a market is when most bears are around. Beary good advice to all :p

I'll prefer dividend. :p

Niucomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Breaking news - home invasion

BREAKING NEWS - Home invasion last night in HH.

Township management and security company needs to pull their act together.

Too much HR turnover for township staff and security guards.

Peace to all.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Breaking news - home invasion

BREAKING NEWS - Home invasion last night in HH.

Township management and security company needs to pull their act together.

Too much HR turnover for township staff and security guards.

Peace to all.

Which Precint?????

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal

Lets wait for Wuqi to verify as recently I also heard a few property agents going around Singapore telling people HH has many robbery cases when I slp with my gates unlocked and car windows wind down and auto gate opened fully all the time

Which Precint?????

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

A bit weird as i have not heard of the "so many" cases, there were at most 2-3 to the best of my knowledge from the first day i moved in until today.
I just asked the guards, no one has heard of any for yesterday, would be good to know which precinct to verify.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Just got news from another group of guards that today at about 7am, a robbery occurred in Jalan Ambang 3/4.
2 rolexes and a pretty significant of cash were taken. I didn't know people kept so much money at home.

Niucomer

Alfrescian
Loyal

My information was 3/5.

Law enforcement officers in black tees and pants (pistols by their sides, dun play play) at guard room circa 0800 ~ 1000 hours. Guards checking trunks of all cars leaving precinct (even elderly folks). Wonder if they were searching for the loot, weapons or perps in the trunk. Rather silly it seems. The issue is not with the watches or cash, but the weapons that came to play.

Not trying to undermine the place.

Last edited by a moderator:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

My information was 3/5.

Law enforcement officers in black tees and pants (pistols by their sides, dun play play) at guard room circa 0800 ~ 1000 hours. Guards checking trunks of all cars leaving precinct (even elderly folks). Wonder if they were searching for the loot, weapons or perps in the trunk. Rather silly it seems. The issue is not with the watches or cash, but the weapons that came to play.

At my current development, the developer has paid for the local policemen to be stationed at the guardhouse. Seems to be a pretty effective deterrent, and something that HH can consider......

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Thanks fellow investor.

Ok, then i stand corrected on the road number 3/5.
Appreciate the heads up.
My information was 3/5.

Last edited:

Niucomer

Alfrescian
Loyal

My writings are always civil but frank. Just wanted to remind township and the security company to beef up their routine and regularly review their operating procedures.

For example, one operating procedure which I find rather amusing is this:

Currently - At the guard posts at the main and south entrances, each time a vehicle passes, the guard on duty would salute the car. The intention may be to foster goodwill and give due respect to residents. However by saluting everyone, it indirectly results in demeaning the estate’s security. Our friends find it amusing that they get saluted. Our contractors laughed at the guards. Our kid’s tutors giggled.

Proposal – Guards should not salute. They should be courteous yet stern. They should hold a red-lighted baton and wave the cars to slow down upon reaching the security post. Cars with HH labels are allowed in freely by waving the baton to proceed. For cars without HH labels, the guards then assess the occupants of the car and decide if they need to question the vehicle where they are heading to. During peak hours, they may decide to give additional leeway and allow more vehicles to pass. But for goodness, don’t salute everyone. Instead of projecting an atmosphere of strictness, the guards looked rather ceremonial (think Istana).

There are many more examples of such SOPs which residents find rather ineffective.

Another day perhaps.

Cheerio and be well.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Agreed, all references deleted. Please post further but don't pushing down one property while taking the opportunity to pushing another up is frowned upon.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal

Can I verify if this is a ROBBERY or Burg?

I am beginning to suspect foul play because no robbers in the right frame of mind will attack a high-security taman when there are other unfenced tamans with mercs or BMWs in the city centre such as Pelangi

Just got news from another group of guards that today at about 7am, a robbery occurred in Jalan Ambang 3/4.
2 rolexes and a pretty significant of cash were taken. I didn't know people kept so much money at home.

Niucomer

Alfrescian
Loyal

:confused:

Any difference?

Robbery is taking something of value from another person.
Burglary is taking something of value from another person in the person's house.
As the titled says, it's a home invasion.

A non violent crime such as stealing can always escalate to something else, no?

It may start as just stealing some valuables, occupiers wake up, confront perpetrators with kitchen knife, then ..........

Or occupiers wake up, say some nasty words to perps, also no money in the house, perps get mad because had a lousy day, then ...........

Or occupier alone, perpetrators see occupier very pretty, then .......... :biggrin:

Why bother about the semantics or possible scenarios. One should instead ask: how is this possible in this so called "high-security taman"? Who is in charge of security?

For those into semantics:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robbery
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burglary
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_invasion

Have a good day and hope dun kena edited. :cool:

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal

When I first move into Malaysia, a TOP COP ( Chinese malaysian ) taught me two things about robbery/burglary etc

1) Be careful! Doesn't mean that you are staying in a safe and high-end taman means there is ZERO rate of robbery. Those robbers can just rent your neighbour house and use it as a launching pad / base. This could be happening right now as I cant believe the spate of robberies can be so coincidental. The robbers are not dumb la. Horizon Hills is not easy to attack from outside. So an internal attack is possible. Returning to base is easy too

2) Singaporeans losers who kena cheated money in Singapore, lost money in MBS or World Cup, conned into bankrupt by pretty china girls in night clubs in Singapore like to come to JB in their spanking new S350L/740I/XJL/GTC and mysteriously "lose" their $500,000 car when they are drinking teh "somewhere nearby". Those got house will say kena robbery and claim some form of insurance. ( if you know what I mean ) And the press will all go GAGA over it cos it is very believable to be robbed in JB. Hello! JB ma! Robber see, robber kill. Satu Ringgit with you only? also kill. JB la brudder!

Ask yourself la for those who stay in JB, how many times have you been robbed in public? The press make it sound like every Tom 's Hairy Dick will be robbed once they cleared custom. A few nights ago I went to do some banking at Public Bank, then to Maybank, then to Hong Leong at 330am. Am I dead yet? For the past 10 years I carry cash to make deposit for my house loans ( RM 10,000 max the machine can take ) at 4am before I come back to Singapore for work. Am I dead?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Can I verify if this is a ROBBERY or Burg?

I am beginning to suspect foul play because no robbers in the right frame of mind will attack a high-security taman when there are other unfenced tamans with mercs or BMWs in the city centre such as Pelangi

This was a robbery, 2 watches and a significant amount of cash was taken. No one was hurt in this robbery.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

When I first move into Malaysia, a TOP COP ( Chinese malaysian ) taught me two things about robbery/burglary etc

1) ...) at 4am before I come back to Singapore for work. Am I dead?

i would refrain from publicly announcing that i carry 10K with me quite often. i carry max 400-500RM with me, almost never more than that amount. paying a bit more to make multiple bank trips or losing a bit on exchange is better than being robbed ie be safe not sorry. as for many of the robbery case in m'sia, haven't you noticed how the perps normally make off with large sums of loot? the walls have ears...
but you're right as in JB is not AS DANGEROUS as what some people say. just exercise caution

Niucomer

Alfrescian
Loyal

i would refrain from publicly announcing that i carry 10K with me quite often. i carry max 400-500RM with me, almost never more than that amount. paying a bit more to make multiple bank trips or losing a bit on exchange is better than being robbed ie be safe not sorry. as for many of the robbery case in m'sia, haven't you noticed how the perps normally make off with large sums of loot? the walls have ears...

Hmmm, some thoughts ..

When robbed on the streets, let the perps have the RM500, watch, phone and wallet and so be it.

However during a home invasion, would perps be happy with RM500? Would they believe there is only RM500 in the house? Would they leave when there is only RM500 (in their minds, they are doing a quick risk-reward analysis :biggrin:)? Would they be happier and leave sooner if there was RM5,000 instead? Two sides to a coin.

but you're right as in JB is not AS DANGEROUS as what some people say. just exercise caution

Hear hear. Agree.

One good thing that comes out of staying in JB for some time is one's awareness of one's surroundings is increased, heightened and sharpened. Having years and years of sheltered life in Singapore, there are too many stories about Singaporeans behaving like blur kings when travelling overseas. The true world is filled with predators and prey.

Even in HH, there are people who leave their gates and doors wide open. Puzzling. :*:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hmmm, some thoughts ..

When robbed on the streets, let the perps have the RM500, watch, phone and wallet and so be it.

However during a home invasion, would perps be happy with RM500? Would they believe there is only RM500 in the house? Would they leave when there is only RM500 (in their minds, they are doing a quick risk-reward analysis :biggrin:)? Would they be happier and leave sooner if there was RM5,000 instead? Two sides to a coin.

Hear hear. Agree.

One good thing that comes out of staying in JB for some time is one's awareness of one's surroundings is increased, heightened and sharpened. Having years and years of sheltered life in Singapore, there are too many stories about Singaporeans behaving like blur kings when travelling overseas. The true world is filled with predators and prey.

Even in HH, there are people who leave their gates and doors wide open. Puzzling. :*:

i was ever almost accosted on the streets in KL many years back. maybe i looked goondu. anyway, i ran to nearby shops and they didn't follow. amazing right? in broad daylight.

home invasion, well you may have a point. one thing to note is that wht i hear the invaders are hopped up on drugs. one of my friens in kl recently home kena smash an grab, tied up the maid and elderly mother (friend wasn't in.) ransak the place got away with jewellery..
anyway, i wouldn't leave valuables and have lots of cash in the house. haven't been invaded before (touch wood) so wouldn't know. i would like to think that it's because we (family & folks) don't look like we have a lot of stuff / cash to steal :smile: antoher one of my old school friends she has done very well for herself , retired at 40+. i chided her for still driving an old proton saga. she just said "i wanted to upgrade to better car, but it's (ie driving an expensive car) not safe".

Last edited:

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal

i was ever almost accosted on the streets in KL many years back. maybe i looked goondu. anyway, i ran to nearby shops and they didn't follow. amazing right? in broad daylight.

home invasion, well you may have a point. one thing to note is that wht i hear the invaders are hopped up on drugs. one of my friens in kl recently home kena smash an grab, tied up the maid and elderly mother (friend wasn't in.) ransak the place got away with jewellery..
anyway, i wouldn't leave valuables and have lots of cash in the house. haven't been invaded before (touch wood) so wouldn't know. i would like to think that it's because we (family & folks) don't look like we have a lot of stuff / cash to steal :smile: antoher one of my old school friends she has done very well for herself , retired at 40+. i chided her for still driving an old proton saga. she just said "i wanted to upgrade to better car, but it's (ie driving an expensive car) not safe".

is yr fren's KL home gated and guarded ?

Eesee

Alfrescian
Loyal

is yr fren's KL home gated and guarded ?

Burglaries and robberies occurred everywhere even in Spore. There was one incident where a house in Thomson was broken into and burglars were unable to get much from the house. What they did was to destroy many things in the house, like slashing all the mattresses, broke all mirrors,etc. and the owners ended paying more for damages!