• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

angmokio

Alfrescian
Loyal
the best i can think of is Suasana by UM land and directly opposite new shopping mall, Komtar, 2 mins walk and will eventually link by a overhead pedestrian bridge reason being Jalan wong Ah Fook would be a new river in time to come. Currently built at 5th level and probably complete in 2 years time at 35th level

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
the best i can think of is Suasana by UM land and directly opposite new shopping mall, Komtar, 2 mins walk and will eventually link by a overhead pedestrian bridge reason being Jalan wong Ah Fook would be a new river in time to come. Currently built at 5th level and probably complete in 2 years time at 35th level

Yes.... seems good. Do you know how much is the price?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Survey: Many want to retire outside S'pore
The New PaperSunday, Oct 19, 2014

Only 39 per cent of Singapore respondents who have lived and worked abroad for more than six months want to retire here.

The others cited better quality of life and lower cost of living as reasons for choosing to retire abroad. The proportion of Singapore respondents chasing a higher quality of life as a dominant factor behind the choice of location to retire is higher at 58 per cent compared to Hong Kong respondents (47 per cent).

Australia and Malaysia came out as popular locations to retire, according to the survey by Friends Provident International.

The report, released yesterday, said that out of the 1,006 people surveyed last month, 68 per cent of Hong Kong respondents and 35 per cent of Singapore respondents are living or have lived outside their home country for at least six months or more.

Of those surveyed in Singapore, 91 per cent were Singapore citizens while the rest were expatriates.

- See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/survey-many-want-retire-outside-spore#sthash.i5Tj1nQW.dpuf

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cost of living and population density in Singapore are still rising. Expect more people opting to retire overseas. Johor is a natural choice.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cost of living and population density in Singapore are still rising. Expect more people opting to retire overseas. Johor is a natural choice.

Yes, feel like cashing out of Sg now and put in My fixed deposit of 4% for 5 years now, can then retire in My now....

destansooming

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Freedoom,any risk puting money in MY,is it possible to cash back to sg in future?Scaly they say can only
transfer x amount back.Will the depreciation of the RM catch up with the 4%-5% intrest from the bank?Tik better dont
pull all the eggs there.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Freedoom,any risk puting money in MY,is it possible to cash back to sg in future?Scaly they say can only
transfer x amount back.Will the depreciation of the RM catch up with the 4%-5% intrest from the bank?Tik better dont
pull all the eggs there.

They only insure up to 250k rm per person...but it is a local Sg bank so should be quite safe....yeah depreciation is a concern....if retired there in JB, do not think I would need to transfer big amts back but yeah it would mean putting eggs in 1 basket but can get enough to survive mthly and it is passive income so quite tempting...

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
pull all the eggs there.

i think one should be more concern with the just in case you uplorry unplanned or untimed, then how? if its unsafe when one is alive, difficulty tripled when you are not around even with legal papers for your beneficiaries. over here, difficulty is only in the waiting if not legalised. i was told to include my kids in the ownership for less complications. what do you guys think? any experience?

UsernameX

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysian FD for now interest rate not 5%
Its around 3.x% only
Forex risk is high, just like AUD FD, if AUD up good, if drop then stuck

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysian FD for now interest rate not 5%
Its around 3.x% only
Forex risk is high, just like AUD FD, if AUD up good, if drop then stuck
I'm getting 4.2% for 24-month FD. However, this bank doesn't have the RM250k guarantee by the government, so you'll have to decide for yourself. However, it has been around for 60 years already. As a token of appreciation, they'd even gave me their welcome gifts when I first placed my FDs with them and also food hampers during Chinese New Year.

Bubble

Alfrescian
Loyal
you can check out this thread. Seems that it should take at most 1 hour now to clear peak periods for cars.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/jb.traffic.information.sharing/

nowadays hard to predict.those days you can tell when is peak when is not..

Would be better if sin and jb can provide a sheltered walkway from each ends.good for health and would definitely reduce traffic.

And those walking will never have get stuck in jams

for driving always be willing to throw in average 1 hour...to at least mitigate your frustration.if faster treat it as a bonus

Bubble

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi i am new to this forum. Been reading for a while, thanks for all thats sharing info.

I got a questions, whats the best time to go jb weekdays now after the new toll?

it all depends ..

10am to 2pm..from sin quite ok
traffic from jb will be quite bad after 4pm
from singapore..view the causeway cam each time
its hard to predict unless those days where sat and sun surely super jam..now quite smooth.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yesterday evening I drove family out of JB. At Woodlands customs the MY counter officer checked our passports and asked if we are living in JB. I said yes and he asked if we have a long stay permit. He said we are only having social stay. I basically just smiled and go. Anyone has this experience before? How to answer such questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.