• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sagitarius

Alfrescian
Loyal
I realise $35 VEP has made Malaysia cars in Singapore drop by 10-20% but not a lot. So I may shoot again to ask for S$50 and also asked LTA to increase the toll to match those of Malaysia. Its a big loss if we are charging S$1.20 still and they are charging RM 16.50 per round trip as both spend equal amount of resources to maintain the roads. Singapore cannot afford to suffer losses, be it 1cent or half a cent.

Win at all cost. If cannot win, erect some new laws

With due respect, I believe increasing the VEP and tolls may not solve the congestion in the long run. Some people die-die must drive and refuse to take public transport, even MRT in the distant future. As an add-on to the increase, the CIQ staff on both sides must be effective, efficient and fast....

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since when did crime rate ever go down in JB? Its always high. I find it shocking during my weekend trip to Malaysia that the place is still congested as before. Singaporeans are still flocking to Jusco /Giant to shop and my massage parlour is still fully booked as usual.

Sometimes I wonder when will I ever get peace? Even Sunway Iskandar and Puteri Harbour were packed with visitors when I visited during National Day.. The former were packed with Malaysia cars ( many from KL and none from Singapore ) and the latter had many non-Singaporean visitors though. I was told Sunway Condos / apartments had overwhelming response for the top floors and they might even need to ballot.. again.. donno real or not.

Then received a call from a Malaysia friend who asked if Country Garden is a good buy cos the entire development was impressive. Another call came in from a Singapore-based good friend who asked if R&F was a good bargain.

Both were for weekend stay and never drive in and out of JB. Maybe this group of buyers are not hit

I do hope the LTA quickly matches the toll so that peace can be returned. I would like to drop by country garden and R&F to visit the beach which is reputed to be serene and tranquil

If u dun c many locals, likely e price is way too high or e foreign buyers r mostly flippers.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I realise $35 VEP has made Malaysia cars in Singapore drop by 10-20% but not a lot. So I may shoot again to ask for S$50 and also asked LTA to increase the toll to match those of Malaysia. Its a big loss if we are charging S$1.20 still and they are charging RM 16.50 per round trip as both spend equal amount of resources to maintain the roads. Singapore cannot afford to suffer losses, be it 1cent or half a cent.

Win at all cost. If cannot win, erect some new laws

why 50? That's still cheap. go for $200!

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal

If the summons is issued by the Police, it could be compounded at the Police Station. I believe it is written on the summons. But if it is a MPJB summons, it could be compounded at their office next to the JB's Post Office....When we pay (usually in cash) within 14 days, they would give a discount of 50%. After 14 days, we could still get a discount if we give good reasons...

Thanks for info.

cyberfren

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since when did crime rate ever go down in JB? Its always high. I find it shocking during my weekend trip to Malaysia that the place is still congested as before. Singaporeans are still flocking to Jusco /Giant to shop and my massage parlour is still fully booked as usual.

Sometimes I wonder when will I ever get peace? Even Sunway Iskandar and Puteri Harbour were packed with visitors when I visited during National Day.. The former were packed with Malaysia cars ( many from KL and none from Singapore ) and the latter had many non-Singaporean visitors though. I was told Sunway Condos / apartments had overwhelming response for the top floors and they might even need to ballot.. again.. donno real or not.

Then received a call from a Malaysia friend who asked if Country Garden is a good buy cos the entire development was impressive. Another call came in from a Singapore-based good friend who asked if R&F was a good bargain.

Both were for weekend stay and never drive in and out of JB. Maybe this group of buyers are not hit

I do hope the LTA quickly matches the toll so that peace can be returned. I would like to drop by country garden and R&F to visit the beach which is reputed to be serene and tranquil

move to jungle? or keep asking LTA to raise till $200?

Sagitarius

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last Sunday I went to JB in late afternoon. Unlike previous occasions, the way was open for us and there was no jam. Our return trip the next day was also easy but incoming traffic to JB was congested with many lorries and they were all the way to Singapore checkpoint.....We like that! So there is a silver lining in the toll rise. But it's only for while I suppose. People forgets and will get use to the high tolls.......But when if it's another RM50 VEP fees, I think $200, is too far-fetched.

I may not be right, but I am inclined to think JB side is now finding hard to adjust the high tolls because they have to pay for the EDL. Sorry their own residents are affected when they work in Singapore. And when Singapore just match their tolls like what they say, we would likely have two high tolls adding up to around $13.

With the high toll rates, the impending JB VEP fee could be deferred to another time or may not arise again in future with more buses, new MRT and fast trains. But then again, the clearance must be faster.

streams

Alfrescian
Loyal
car route from woodland ciq to bukit indah aeon

hi folks,

i'm planning a road trip to bukit indah aeon via 1st link.
can someone guide me how to to get to the coastal highway?
need guide from the moment i leave malaysia immigration counter.

thanks for the help.

Regards.

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: car route from woodland ciq to bukit indah aeon

Take the right lane as you exit up the ramp into sunlight (Left is for EDL highway and on to NSH to KL).
Keep left and take the leftmost lane.
Filter to the right as you near Petronas station to go up the flyover.
Carry straight on until you see overhead green sign that says 'Nusajaya'.
Follow more green signs marking lane that lead to 'Nusajaya'
Landmark for start of Coastal Highway is the Tune Hotel.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal

hi folks,

thanks for the help.

Regards.
Whilst you are in JB, consider to install a new 2DIN DVD player in your car for RM700 (include installation). It comes with PAPAGO x8.5 GPS software and antenna installed with the latest Malaysia/Singapore (integrated) map which you can download free from the MALFREE website every month. It has 6.9-inch LED touch screen, 4 x 50W speaker output, FM radio, Bluetooth, MicroSD slot (stores over 3,000 MP3 songs in a 32GB card), reverse camera support, steering wheel control adjustment function support and USB link. Also comes with 6-month warranty. Just installed in my car and I find it worth every cent paid.

Last edited:

Naturebest

Hello all brothers, the bad time has come for our 2nd home n investment in Iskandar due to the additional RM n S$ for in out Johore. Either Sg, Spr, M'sian n foreigners will badly hit. Sg n Spr will stay back in S'pore for pay n pay :*:

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal

I will consider spending more weekends @ Nusajaya if the jam clears up by at least another 20-40% after the Singapore toll has been matched. Cmon its just once a week... not as if u gota stay there daily

Hello all brothers, the bad time has come for our 2nd home n investment in Iskandar due to the additional RM n S$ for in out Johore. Either Sg, Spr, M'sian n foreigners will badly hit. Sg n Spr will stay back in S'pore for pay n pay :*:

Daydreamer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Drive driving or Russian behind the wheel?

CrashNearTuas.png

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal

I will consider spending more weekends @ Nusajaya if the jam clears up by at least another 20-40% after the Singapore toll has been matched. Cmon its just once a week... not as if u gota stay there daily

Have some consideration for those that are struggling to get by.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

Today's Straits Time 'Life' section have 2 pgs devoted to booming JB cafes, most of whom serve atas coffee around RM 10. Straits Times has mainly limited the coverage to the 1st link areas such as Mount Austin, Taman Molek, Danga Bay, City Centre. Quite an interesting read.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal

Today's Straits Time 'Life' section have 2 pgs devoted to booming JB cafes, most of whom serve atas coffee around RM 10. Straits Times has mainly limited the coverage to the 1st link areas such as Mount Austin, Taman Molek, Danga Bay, City Centre. Quite an interesting read.

Yes. That's refreshing. At least the investment in Johor is starting to bear fruits in encouraging more entrepreneurs to come forward to contribute something towards a more up market experience in Johor.
It's about time.

Wish them all the best.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

$10 RM a cup of coffee is meant for Malaysians or Singaporeans earning SGD. Imagine drinking a cup of coffee at SGD $10 in Singapore.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

$10 RM a cup of coffee is meant for Malaysians or Singaporeans earning SGD. Imagine drinking a cup of coffee at SGD $10 in Singapore.

nope, that's not true. there're lots of places in malaysia now where you see yuppies drinking 10rm coffee. I earn singdollar but i almost never pay 10rm for coffee cos personally i think it's ridiculous, but many others don't think so. it's a lifestyle thing already. spending that 10rm a day doesn't make significantly make one richer or poorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.