• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right! The SG govt purposely want the jam. they want you to spend the money in SG and not JB.

I use the HK-SZ crossing many times a year. Most of the time, I take only 15 mins to clear both sides. Worst was 30 mins. The combined population of SZ and HK is many many times that of SG+JB and yet cars clear faster.

Becoz kite flying is seriously fun at Desa Tebrau :biggrin:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TukKPg6kO7o

The jam is strategic.

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Crazy jam entering Spore via Causeway this morning.

Used the traffic camera.... even at 130am d jam was horrendous on d Spore side.

I left my MY home @ 315.

Reached SG HOME @ 455am

Real crazy jam.

In between while inching closer to Spore immigration noticed an Ambulance arriving.

Someone had suffered an attack.

Last edited:

edm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Terrible jams now.

The jam over at Link 2 (Tuas) is not any much better either this morning. Traffic was unusually heavy @ 535am at the Malaysia checkpoint, with jams starting just 100m after the toll.

Is it the spillover effect from Link 1 (Woodlands), or are weekenders spending the night over in JB instead of going back on Sun (which explains the current lighter traffic conditions on Sundays over the last month or so), or a whole lot of people, over the last month or two, just suddenly decided stay in JB and commute to work in SG instead?

I'm baffled over the sudden change in early morning traffic conditions.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
The jam over at Link 2 (Tuas) is not any much better either this morning. Traffic was unusually heavy @ 535am at the Malaysia checkpoint, with jams starting just 100m after the toll.

Is it the spillover effect from Link 1 (Woodlands), or are weekenders spending the night over in JB instead of going back on Sun (which explains the current lighter traffic conditions on Sundays over the last month or so), or a whole lot of people, over the last month or two, just suddenly decided stay in JB and commute to work in SG instead?

I'm baffled over the sudden change in early morning traffic conditions.

Hopped over to JB Via Causeway @ 1am for a quick massage + petrol + car wash. Jam all the way coming back to Singapore at 130am early Monday morning.

@ 4am after I am done I slowly drove to Tuas. Reach Tuas Singapore checkpoint @ 445am and horribly the jam is already building up and I was struck for 30 minutes.. For the last 10 years @ 4amn plus at Tuas I was already the first car. Today break tradition. Spoke to one good friend from ICA whom I know for 10 years and he said SURPRISINGLY, no jams in the daytime returning to Singapore as there are massive jams due to multiple serious and fatal accidents in North South Highway and Tuas jams only clear up at 230am. This morning jam was spillover from weekend Qing ming.

Last edited:

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
They already had trials for a week at Tuas but the massive jams made pple honk and honk cos late for work. So after one week, they scrapped it.

My big bird working inside Tuas Checkpoint told me tis

Bros n Sis

Be prepared for longer jams...a 'little bird' informed me that ica will be implementing (trialing) new measure when enterg sg soon.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right! The SG govt purposely want the jam. they want you to spend the money in SG and not JB.

I use the HK-SZ crossing many times a year. Most of the time, I take only 15 mins to clear both sides. Worst was 30 mins. The combined population of SZ and HK is many many times that of SG+JB and yet cars clear faster.

I fully agree . I have being telling people here , but few people belive.

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
If they hv scraped it good....

I just can't believe they can't introduce a smoother, faster, efficient system.

They already had trials for a week at Tuas but the massive jams made pple honk and honk cos late for work. So after one week, they scrapped it.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hahah bro Puteri world

My little bird is at cway :smile:

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today CIQ Woodlands started to deploy one Aetos officer to check car boot just before Immigration check. Therefore, check boot, move forward check passport. Then drive thru unless you are stopped again. Theoretically this should not cause any worse jams but lets see.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sounds like an interesting idea..

Since car already waiting in the jam might as well do double duty.. Should lessen the traffic situation after passport clearance..

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just to share. The prices of most medications at JECKI MEDICAL SUPPLIES SDN BHD at No. 65, Jalan Sutera 1, Taman Sentosa, 80150 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia, (Telephone Numbers: +60-7- 3335228 and +60-7-3331426), are usually cheaper than at most other pharmacies in JB. Its operating hours are from 9.30 am – 6 pm (Mondays to Saturdays), Closed on Sundays and certain Public Holidays).

Last edited:

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you Winners.

I was looking for the same information.

Thanks again

Just to share. The prices of most medications at JECKI MEDICAL SUPPLIES SDN BHD at No. 65, Jalan Sutera 1, Taman Sentosa, 80150 Johor Bahru, Johor, Malaysia, (Telephone Numbers: +60-7- 3335228 and +60-7-3331426), are usually cheaper than at most other pharmacies in JB. Its operating hours are from 9.30 am – 6 pm (Mondays to Saturdays), Closed on Sundays and certain Public Holidays).

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

I agree, I've been shopping there for years already. But please do note that they prefer cash and if pay by card, there will be an extra surcharge of 5%

Status
Not open for further replies.