• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia is a big enough to explore. I am a Malaysian and I too drive my MPV with my family. Day trip to remote places like Tanjung Sepat for seafood, Sekincan for crabs, Kluang for Lor mee, Klang for bak kut teh..or Tanjung Malim for pau. Or overnight trip to Penan
It is good bonding for families too. I love fishing so it is full MPV to Mersing over weekends. Never ending short trips..good for relaxation.

Wish I can live life like this one day :smile:

terminator33

Hi all,

A question. My friend was issued with a summon for smoking in a non-smoking area. The summon was lost.
anyone know where (exact address please) and how to pay the fine?

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi - Anyone here has changed their address on their NRIC to their JB home address? Please PM me with your comments.

TIA!

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Currently jam at 2nd link fm Johore to Spore.

Road block at 2nd link Johore side as cars coming back to Spore. All cars were diverted.
Saw alot paying summons.

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi - Anyone here has changed their address on their NRIC to their JB home address? Please PM me with your comments.

TIA!
We did it about 5 years ago.
Maybe not uncommon at the police post that the policeman did not bat an eye at pink IC with JB address.
The kids' school will still require an SG address and next of kin contact.
Also banks and some govt agencies require SG mailing address.
Other than that not much hassle.

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe not uncommon at the police post that the policeman did not bat an eye at pink IC with JB address.

Thanks! Much appreciated.

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Currently jam at 2nd link fm Johore to Spore.

Road block at 2nd link Johore side as cars coming back to Spore. All cars were diverted.
Saw alot paying summons.

Same on the EDL Pandan R&R. Yours truly was stuck in the EDL traffic for one hour and then had to pay RM300 for speeding in two different areas. Haiz.

myrsing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Same on the EDL Pandan R&R. Yours truly was stuck in the EDL traffic for one hour and then had to pay RM300 for speeding in two different areas. Haiz.

Yesterday late afternoon also sama sama at johor 2nd link. Saw most of the car are "S" plates. So many Sprs nowadays. All queuing to pay summons. After payibg summon they have another rude shock. Super jammed all the way to Tuas checkpoint.

matix

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi. If you change your I/C to Malaysia address, will you still be eligible to vote? We are thinking of switching to my parents' address. What are the pros and cons, if any?

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi. If you change your I/C to Malaysia address, will you still be eligible to vote? We are thinking of switching to my parents' address. What are the pros and cons, if any?
We did it because we sold our flat and our home is really in JB.
I can't see any benefit in having a JB address otherwise.

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
We did it because we sold our flat and our home is really in JB.
I can't see any benefit in having a JB address otherwise.

Batok Seri - Do you have a maid at home? With a JB address, did you have to hire one from JB? How did you go about doing it? Thanks.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Moral of the story is to KEEP your LOG Card and Insurance Cert in your car. Simple.

A woman who drove her second-hand car into Malaysia on Saturday was stopped by the Malaysian traffic police - over outstanding fines believed to have been incurred by the vehicle's previous owner. The police impounded her vehicle while she returned to Singapore for proof of her vehicle's registration to clear her name, evening daily Lianhe Wanbao reported yesterday. Li Meixiang had driven her daughter to Kluang, Johor, in the morning to consult a traditional Chinese medicine practitioner on her daughter's cold. The 55-year-old housewife told Wanbao that her husband had bought the Mercedes two years ago, along with an old licence plate number beginning with the letters E and L. When Ms Li was returning to Singapore at about noon, she was stopped at the last rest point before the Tuas Checkpoint. Police officers were seen directing vehicles to the rest point. "I saw more than 100 Singapore cars stopped there. Some 20 Singapore car owners were paying fines. There were even people who paid for about 20 fines," said Ms Li. When the police checked her vehicle, they found six outstanding speeding fines incurred between 2004 and 2007 linked to it. But Ms Li claimed that she had never flouted any traffic laws during her monthly trips to Johor. One of the speeding tickets indicated that the vehicle had covered 50km in just 13 minutes. "The traffic police said that if I paid the fines then, I could pay just RM70 (S$25) per speeding ticket instead of RM150, so that's RM420 for six tickets," she added. Ms Li tried to explain to the police that the car was second-hand, but the police did not believe her and said they would impound the vehicle until she produced her vehicle's registration documentation. She and her daughter managed to return home to Boon Lay when a Singaporean they met at a nearby petrol station offered them a ride. The housewife eventually retrieved her car after returning to the rest stop at 4pm on the same day and showing the police her vehicle registration details. She requested the Malaysian traffic police remove the speeding offences from her records, but was rejected on the grounds that records had to be kept even if the offences had been incurred by the previous owner. To find out if you have any outstanding summonses, check the Malaysian government portals www.myeg.com.my and www.rilek.com.my - See more at: http://transport.asiaone.com/news/g...river-used-car-old-fines#sthash.XdY0S0kn.dpuf

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Moral of the story is to KEEP your LOG Card and Insurance Cert in your car. Simple.

A woman who drove her second-hand car into Malaysia on Saturday was stopped by the Malaysian traffic police - over outstanding fines believed to have been incurred by the vehicle's previous owner. The police impounded her vehicle while she returned to Singapore for proof of her vehicle's registration to clear her name, evening daily Lianhe Wanbao reported yesterday. Li Meixiang had driven her daughter to Kluang, Johor, in the morning to consult a traditional Chinese medicine practitioner on her daughter's cold. The 55-year-old housewife told Wanbao that her husband had bought the Mercedes two years ago, along with an old licence plate number beginning with the letters E and L. When Ms Li was returning to Singapore at about noon, she was stopped at the last rest point before the Tuas Checkpoint. Police officers were seen directing vehicles to the rest point. "I saw more than 100 Singapore cars stopped there. Some 20 Singapore car owners were paying fines. There were even people who paid for about 20 fines," said Ms Li. When the police checked her vehicle, they found six outstanding speeding fines incurred between 2004 and 2007 linked to it. But Ms Li claimed that she had never flouted any traffic laws during her monthly trips to Johor. One of the speeding tickets indicated that the vehicle had covered 50km in just 13 minutes. "The traffic police said that if I paid the fines then, I could pay just RM70 (S$25) per speeding ticket instead of RM150, so that's RM420 for six tickets," she added. Ms Li tried to explain to the police that the car was second-hand, but the police did not believe her and said they would impound the vehicle until she produced her vehicle's registration documentation. She and her daughter managed to return home to Boon Lay when a Singaporean they met at a nearby petrol station offered them a ride. The housewife eventually retrieved her car after returning to the rest stop at 4pm on the same day and showing the police her vehicle registration details. She requested the Malaysian traffic police remove the speeding offences from her records, but was rejected on the grounds that records had to be kept even if the offences had been incurred by the previous owner. To find out if you have any outstanding summonses, check the Malaysian government portals www.myeg.com.my and www.rilek.com.my - See more at: http://transport.asiaone.com/news/g...river-used-car-old-fines#sthash.XdY0S0kn.dpuf
Must be some hot Mercedes to have been clocked at 240kmh for more than 10 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.