• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sagitarius

Alfrescian
Loyal
But it's the never ending prata making that's turning off foreign investors who are also important for the success of Iskander. Those of us with a few units already in the international zone, who can we sell to, unless super lelong, as foreign investors already lost their confidence?

I agree that the never ending prata making is turning off foreign investors. On the one hand, some are trying their best to attract investors to buy into Iskander, but now we heard many voices from the authorities chasing them away. As I told my friends, the unit we want to buy should be for owner-occupation rather than for investment. For rental and sale, I think we have to wait a long time for the tenant who pays the right price. Ya, some may say we have to wait, may be for another 10 years before we could see the demand. So many apartments, houses and shops and factories, but where does the people who occupies them come from?

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
You're right regarding the fact that the govt seems to be attracting foreign investors on one hand and turning them away at the same time. Can they make up their minds?

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Geez ..straits times reported that a china developer is trying to sell their waterfront land and exit. Given up hope on making money from property development. Is it true?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Darn, just got ambushed at CIQ customs by corrupt policeman faulting me without seat belt, which I normally let go when approaching customs. Did not pay the bribe so got the ticket. Can ignore?

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal

I agree that the never ending prata making is turning off foreign investors. On the one hand, some are trying their best to attract investors to buy into Iskander, but now we heard many voices from the authorities chasing them away. As I told my friends, the unit we want to buy should be for owner-occupation rather than for investment. For rental and sale, I think we have to wait a long time for the tenant who pays the right price. Ya, some may say we have to wait, may be for another 10 years before we could see the demand. So many apartments, houses and shops and factories, but where does the people who occupies them come from?

Maybe they've learnt from SG's c*ck-up when we bring millions FTs in first then start building later, causing prices to skyrocket. So they now build first then bring a million or two people in later?

Organic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can anyone advise if there is any big nursery in JB that I can explore? I know there are two nurseries just next to each other which is located near Sutra Utama. Looking for bigger one. Thanks much :smile:

Sagitarius

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe they've learnt from SG's c*ck-up when we bring millions FTs in first then start building later, causing prices to skyrocket. So they now build first then bring a million or two people in later?

I think Singapore's different. There were good reasons to bring in the various groups of FTs just like other countries. So I don't
agree it was a c*ck-up. Singapore businesses and industries need FTs very much and there were some balancing acts done. But the world has since changed and some FTs used Singapore as a springboard for greener pastures. Here in JB's great Iskandar, I believe the masses are not here, local financial resources are not available to many and the rental/resale market is weak. They tried to get more people by their MM2H, but I don't hear its success. Supposedly Iskandar covers an area of 2,217 sq km, about three times the size of Singapore and Johore itself is 26 times more. I understand they have about 2 million people, mostly living in kampongs and tamans, maybe another 100,000 Singaporeans staying in G&G communities, my guess is it is difficult for the new units to be selling well. The prata-making is only after we commit so that it is very difficult to find an exit door. I have seen marketing agents at JB's Sentral trying to sell new units to the young and gullible. Because JB properties are reasonably affordable compared with those in Singapore, they are sweet baits for some to bite. Looking at the positive side and Malaysia-boleh succeeds, they will get to enjoy their JB investment. But only the future can tell, right? Meanwhile the prata-making, high-toll rates and security dampen our spirit.

Sagitarius

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can anyone advise if there is any big nursery in JB that I can explore? I know there are two nurseries just next to each other which is located near Sutra Utama. Looking for bigger one. Thanks much :smile:

I know of a not-so-small nursery - Tropic Garden Design at Lot 229 Lebuh Raya Pasir Gudang, 81100 plentong. The Manager Ms Susan seems accommodating and besides planting grass, they also sell plants and garden accessories. But as with all businesses, we need to bargain for the best price.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think if the FT in Singapore is of the genuine type which is able to contribute something meaningful to Singapore then OK.
But the problem was that many were not that talented worsened by the fact that probably a big number had dubious qualifications which were penetrating high income jobs.
Many Singaporean were hard done by the govt policies when they brought their own compatriots en mass

Sagitarius

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think if the FT in Singapore is of the genuine type which is able to contribute something meaningful to Singapore then OK. But the problem was that many were not that talented worsened by the fact that probably a big number had dubious qualifications which were penetrating high income jobs. Many Singaporean were hard done by the govt policies when they brought their own compatriots en mass

I believe Singapore has since refined her FT policies in the light of some discoveries that some FTs had dubious qualifications. And the lure of Europe and America lessens the inflow of FTs to Singapore. Malaysia has also a large pool of foreign workers. But because it is a much bigger country, the adverse effects are slower? And Singapore offers JB workers a better-paying alternative working environment, so there is no complain.

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think if the FT in Singapore is of the genuine type which is able to contribute something meaningful to Singapore then OK.
But the problem was that many were not that talented worsened by the fact that probably a big number had dubious qualifications which were penetrating high income jobs.
Many Singaporean were hard done by the govt policies when they brought their own compatriots en mass
Yang Yin is the beacon of FTs.

Sagitarius

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yang Yin is the beacon of FTs.
Ah, talk about this guy, a Beijing tour-guide. From the reports I understand him to be a Mr Goody two shoes so much so that the rich old lady decided to make him her "grandson". Then in Singapore, most probably advised by someone, he set up a company with her. First time, he applied for PR, he did not get, but eventually he did. The rich old lady then gave him a LPA as her proxy decision maker and now we know he is suspected of CBT........So I say that for this guy to have done the things he did, he must have the full support of a Singaporean, willing to sponsor his stay, etc. Apparently he is different from the FTs going to Singapore to work.

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ah, talk about this guy, a Beijing tour-guide. From the reports I understand him to be a Mr Goody two shoes so much so that the rich old lady decided to make him her "grandson". Then in Singapore, most probably advised by someone, he set up a company with her. First time, he applied for PR, he did not get, but eventually he did. The rich old lady then gave him a LPA as her proxy decision maker and now we know he is suspected of CBT........So I say that for this guy to have done the things he did, he must have the full support of a Singaporean, willing to sponsor his stay, etc. Apparently he is different from the FTs going to Singapore to work.
he has full support from super talented PAP MP INTAN, who wrote letter of recommendation for him.

Sagitarius

Alfrescian
Loyal
he has full support from super talented PAP MP INTAN, who wrote letter of recommendation for him.

I think it can happen to any MP, believing and trusting the word of the residents on their problems. But with due respect, this forum is not meant for this kind of topic. So sorry, I will stop here.

Sagitarius

Alfrescian
Loyal
[QUOTE=Frodo;2016435]Darn, just got ambushed at CIQ customs by corrupt policeman faulting me without seat belt, which I normally let go when approaching customs. Did not pay the bribe so got the ticket. Can ignore?[/QUOTE]

My 2-cent is to pay the fine early and get a rebate. I believe they keep records and at times mount roadblocks for those cars on which fines have not been paid for the summons.

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think Singapore's different. There were good reasons to bring in the various groups of FTs just like other countries. So I don't
agree it was a c*ck-up. Singapore businesses and industries need FTs very much and there were some balancing acts done. But the world has since changed and some FTs used Singapore as a springboard for greener pastures. Here in JB's great Iskandar, I believe the masses are not here, local financial resources are not available to many and the rental/resale market is weak. They tried to get more people by their MM2H, but I don't hear its success. Supposedly Iskandar covers an area of 2,217 sq km, about three times the size of Singapore and Johore itself is 26 times more. I understand they have about 2 million people, mostly living in kampongs and tamans, maybe another 100,000 Singaporeans staying in G&G communities, my guess is it is difficult for the new units to be selling well. The prata-making is only after we commit so that it is very difficult to find an exit door. I have seen marketing agents at JB's Sentral trying to sell new units to the young and gullible. Because JB properties are reasonably affordable compared with those in Singapore, they are sweet baits for some to bite. Looking at the positive side and Malaysia-boleh succeeds, they will get to enjoy their JB investment. But only the future can tell, right? Meanwhile the prata-making, high-toll rates and security dampen our spirit.

What I meant by SG's c*ck up is that we brought millions in first before frenzy building later causing sky high prices. While for Iskander, perhaps it's oversupply first then increase population afterwards?

Regarding FTs, it's all about cheaperer, betterer, fasterer and higherer profits nowadays and led by who? What about themselves?

Sagitarius

Alfrescian
Loyal
What I meant by SG's c*ck up is that we brought millions in first before frenzy building later causing sky high prices. While for Iskander, perhaps it's oversupply first then increase population afterwards? Regarding FTs, it's all about cheaperer, betterer, fasterer and higherer profits nowadays and led by who? What about themselves?

Sorry Bro, my mistake!

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been reading a forum popular with malaysian medium income Chinese. They can easily buy a decent and spacious terrace house for 300+ k rm in a convenient location. Eg nusa sentral. they tend to have bigger family so it's common sense they will go for landed.
Just wonder which kind of malaysians will help buy those 60000 units of million dollar condos coming up in the next few years? End up they are banking on Singaporeans to buy them. And if singaporeans not buying fast enough .....

Status
Not open for further replies.