• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think big investors in Medini, Puteri Harbour and Danga Bay who bought several units in 2012-2013 will be caught. Those who bought just one unit should be fine. Prices could remain stagnant there for several years before moving up again. Afterall GDP and population growths are still positive, and working population is quite young in JB, hence inflation will eventually caught up with the future prices.

Agree that investing in Iskander should be really for long term esp with the direction SG's policies are heading. And rules implemented now can be lifted anytime in future. One should know investing in MY shouldn't be smooth sailing all the way. I only think it will be better if the state esp the all powerful royal and federal can be on the same track hence in the planning committee together.

The diff between Malaysia and Singapore is one wants growth and protection of it's people at the same time while the other is only growth all the way.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore's degeneration and bad policies has resulted in the rise of Iskandar since 2006. It will continue to do so as long as the current administration is in power, even if Malaysia govt dont do anything to improve Iskandar. In 20 years times, properties prices will shoot across the sky across Iskandar. No doubt about it

Agree that investing in Iskander should be really for long term esp with the direction SG's policies are heading. And rules implemented now can be lifted anytime in future. One should know investing in MY shouldn't be smooth sailing all the way. I only think it will be better if the state esp the all powerful royal and federal can be on the same track hence in the planning committee together.

The diff between Malaysia and Singapore is one wants growth and protection of it's people at the same time while the other is only growth all the way.

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore's degeneration and bad policies has resulted in the rise of Iskandar since 2006. It will continue to do so as long as the current administration is in power, even if Malaysia govt dont do anything to improve Iskandar. In 20 years times, properties prices will shoot across the sky across Iskandar. No doubt about it

For me at my age, prices no need to shoot across the sky. Otherwise if retire there in near future, kena blame and unwelcome by locals. Just can keep up with inflation and have good liquidity (selling or renting out) can already liao. Haha!

siacw

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hahaha....while sg havs some bad policy, msia gomen will do something stupid to kill iskandar....in the end both are screwed.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even if they do something stupid and implement stupid policies, water find its own level. MNCs are now shrewd and know the Singapore competitiveness has eroded. Last time they used to harp on High-Cost-High-Value. Now they don't dare as they keep collecting high revenues but give crap. HDBs absurd sale price is one example. In Malaysia, the "screwed" up govt rolled out flats @ S$10,000. In Singapore the equil is S$300k.

Is land cost in Singapore higher than Malaysia by 30 times? Doesn't make sense to collect so much money and produce shit right? ERP is another stunning example.

In conclusion, don't worry. Water finds it own level. Already, those foreign investors are fleeing Singapore luxury market in Sentosa Cove where they have purchased for RM 8000psf and now throwing money into Malaysia which is just RM 1000+ psf. Even if they cant rent it out, they can use as holiday homes. AFterall, its just S$400psf.

Hahaha....while sg havs some bad policy, msia gomen will do something stupid to kill iskandar....in the end both are screwed.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
For me at my age, prices no need to shoot across the sky. Otherwise if retire there in near future, kena blame and unwelcome by locals. Just can keep up with inflation and have good liquidity (selling or renting out) can already liao. Haha!

Better stay something further up if you plan to retire in Malaysia. Iskandar is mooted as a project which is completing with Singapore so in the long run the values of all properties and necessities will surely go up when GDP shoot up.

This long weekend I am exploring some houses in Taiping and Sitawan hoping to find a beach front or lakeside house to buy and retire. Retiring in Iskandar is never an option for me as the property prices keep shooting up even in this dull period

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even if they do something stupid and implement stupid policies, water find its own level. MNCs are now shrewd and know the Singapore competitiveness has eroded. Last time they used to harp on High-Cost-High-Value. Now they don't dare as they keep collecting high revenues but give crap. HDBs absurd sale price is one example. In Malaysia, the "screwed" up govt rolled out flats @ S$10,000. In Singapore the equil is S$300k.

Is land cost in Singapore higher than Malaysia by 30 times? Doesn't make sense to collect so much money and produce shit right? ERP is another stunning example.

In conclusion, don't worry. Water finds it own level. Already, those foreign investors are fleeing Singapore luxury market in Sentosa Cove where they have purchased for RM 8000psf and now throwing money into Malaysia which is just RM 1000+ psf. Even if they cant rent it out, they can use as holiday homes. AFterall, its just S$400psf.

Yes, makes no sense to work whole life just to pay for your super inflated 99 yrs pigeon hole and a small car which comes with only 10 yrs lease, leaving only real peanuts to spare. Is the security in SG worth that much as compared to JB? Many people will soon realize it and start to go for value for $. Just wait till 5-6 yrs later when they see many developments are up over here.

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, makes no sense to work whole life just to pay for your super inflated 99 yrs pigeon hole and a small car which comes with only 10 yrs lease, leaving only real peanuts to spare. Is the security in SG worth that much as compared to JB? Many people will soon realize it and start to go for value for $. Just wait till 5-6 yrs later when they see many developments are up over here.

yup, wait till they see the RTS and HSR . Many naysayers will regret big time !

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Better stay something further up if you plan to retire in Malaysia. Iskandar is mooted as a project which is completing with Singapore so in the long run the values of all properties and necessities will surely go up when GDP shoot up.

This long weekend I am exploring some houses in Taiping and Sitawan hoping to find a beach front or lakeside house to buy and retire. Retiring in Iskandar is never an option for me as the property prices keep shooting up even in this dull period

Wow! Taiping is a good choice! Can jio me along or not? Haha! Almost every afternoon sure will rain there. Stayed few nights in the lovely Sentosa Villa just below Bukit Larut few years back.

Meaningless to retire in SG, too boring, overcrowded and ex. Everyday only do same things here, don't feel like going out. Getting a new life with plenty of nice places to explore right next to SG so can come back anytime you want without having to book any flight.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
The naysayers will never buy any units. So we can ignore.

Back then in 2006, naysayers were already talking about how the investors will lose money because Iskandar is just a big chunk of palm tree forest the size of a few AMK and Malaysia and that Malaysia govt is notorious for flip-flop policies. Elections come and elections go. Same flip flop govt who screwed up totally in all aspect. But since water find its own level, Iskandar thrive because Singapore sxxxx itself up with the property management and import of FT to replace the locals and locals throw their money into Iskandar.

Nay-sayers will keep saying those who buy Horizon Hills or Sutera Utama @ RM 700k Semi Ds are stupid and worthless and retards etc etc and that they will lose their money big time. Some retards even buy 2-3 units at one go.

Now with houses fetching RM 2.5m from RM 700K, naysayers are still by the sidelines. These people only own one property in their lifetime and that is the HDB. Its good to have a HDB obvious because one can pay via CPF and after 99 years the PAP will blow down the block and enblock it and move you into another new estate if you pay them additional S$400k of course. But you have to work till 100 years old to ensure you keep paying via CPF of cos

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal

Can google with street view first before driving up.

https://www.google.com.my/maps/@4.8...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sbHRMPBT_FkuFshTyQ_05iA!2e0

Best spot in Taiping with lake and mountain view with a good hotel beside?

Nasi Lemak

Alfrescian
Loyal
10407467_10152410160897939_681567039817261500_n.jpg

GOOD LUCK

Status
Not open for further replies.