• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
see it in another way. so sg is threatening to dare jb do it? wow. i didnt look at it this way b4.
so u r right, there is still a possibility that jb might not touch the toll yet. keep our fingers crossed.
very interesting, like playing chess.

singapore policy is to match m'sia tolls. LTA merely asking m'sia side "sure or not". if yes, LTA match. i was already expecting this.. it's been the case for the longest time.

nitecrawllerr

Alfrescian
Loyal
1St August is just a couple of days away.
Let's see whether the Johor state will implement the toll charges.
It'll be very brave of them

Sure kebelakang pusing.

Anyway our jiu hu kia can always ride motor cycles mah. Like most of those wp holders. U hear that pmet holders?

Serenity

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore: You can work in Singapore, earn Singapore Dollar, but if you want to drive into Singapore to work and add to the congestion, you have to pay what Singaporean is paying for the use of the road.

Malaysia: “Even if we impose the fee, they will still come because where else are they going to go? They have no where else to go. They are still going to have to come to Malaysia." said one minister and another "Singaporeans would still come into Malaysia for cheaper food and cheaper products."

Last edited:

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore policy: You can work in Singapore, earn Singapore Dollar, but if you want to drive into Singapore to work and add to the congestion, you have to pay what Singaporean is paying for the use of the road, isn't it FAIR.

you know, the msia side also know but they dont care because they tak kumguan that spore keeps having the spoils and they just tengok only....

Sagitarius

Alfrescian
Loyal
1St August is just a couple of days away.
Let's see whether the Johor state will implement the toll charges.
It'll be very brave of them

Ya, I don't understand the Malaysian administrators. For the VEP fees, Najib okayed it but left it to some department to work out the charges and we are all waiting for the news. Suddenly out of the blue, the Transport Department Chief came out with this arbitrary fees which I think they know Singapore will match. If they really implement this, commuters will be screwed first and then Barisan in the next election. Just wait another day to see what happens!

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ur right bro. Thats why its best to buy where there are more locals. Well thought out.

Will take a hit tho.

I felt 30% drop is possible.

Beyond that i doubt.

Most developers can hold or dangle carrots to entice buyers like they did in 2008.

Such as
Now im kidding one year free toll plus vep.... Lol.

it won't drop la. especially landed housing in areas dominated by locals. however, property market may become like a dead town, and you'll be stuck with the house for 20 years. just like in 1998-2008 in jb.

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sg can threaten ah?

No la.

V r a rich but small country. Cannot threaten anyone except singaporeans.

Lol.

see it in another way. so sg is threatening to dare jb do it? wow. i didnt look at it this way b4.
so u r right, there is still a possibility that jb might not touch the toll yet. keep our fingers crossed.
very interesting, like playing chess.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Got a bad feeling about these racial and religious tension in Malaysia.

‘Why must PM glorify ISIS terrorists?’

DAP supremo Lim Kit Siang says the nation is enduring its 'worst racial and religious polarisation', with hate speeches and incitements made.

KUALA LUMPUR June 25:

The Prime Minister’s glorification of a terrorist group has left DAP wondering if Perkasa can expect immunity for threatening to behead those who insult Islam and the royalty.

Datuk Seri Najib Razak had yesterday urged Umno to emulate ISIS, a Middle Eastern militant group that defeated Iraqi forces despite being outnumbered.

Najib, who is also the Umno president, stated this when listing virtues to ensure the survival of the party when commemorating the 20th anniversary of its Cheras branch.

His call was made hours after Perkasa — a right-wing Malay non-governmental organisation — said it would “chop of the heads” of those who betrayed the Selangor Sultan.

It is believed that Negeri Sembilan’s Perkasa chief Ruslan Kassim had directed his threat at four PAS lawmakers following their call to reduce the powers of the Selangor religious authorities.

DAP supremo Lim Kit Siang said Najib’s statement came at a time when the nation was enduring its “worst racial and religious polarisation”, with hate speeches and incitements made.

“Najib’s glorification of ISIS terrorists raises the question whether Ruslan and Perkasa can expect protection, immunity and impunity for blatant criminal threats in utter disregard of the rule of law and the maintenance of racial and religious peace and harmony in Malaysia,” he asked in a statement this afternoon.

The Prime Minister’s praise for the terrorists, the Gelang Patah Member of Parliament claimed, was also a matter of great concern for Asean relations and international affairs.

Malaysia’s Asean neighbours and the international community, Lim said, were still digesting the implications of Najib’s dubious distinction of being the first advocate of Wasatiyyah and the first Asean leader to glorify the terrorism of ISIS, which was regarded as too extremist, even by al-Qaeda.

Wasatiyyah is the concept of moderation.

In addition, Wisma Putra, Lim pointed out, issued a statement declaring that as a peace-loving country that practises moderation, “Malaysia abhors and does not condone any acts of terrorism or extremism by any parties, including its own nationals”.

“If so, Najib should explain to Malaysians, Asean and the international community why he is glorifying the ‘exploits’ of the ISIS terrorists,” he said.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
I read somewhere its just S$600+ to pay for someone who drives a Singapore car to go in out for 20 days compared to the S$200 to S$500k that he or she saves on a house in JB. Really got bargain if there are zero jams. but Singapore COE will shoot up again

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ur right bro. Thats why its best to buy where there are more locals. Well thought out.

Will take a hit tho.

I felt 30% drop is possible.

Beyond that i doubt.

Most developers can hold or dangle carrots to entice buyers like they did in 2008.

Such as
Now im kidding one year free toll plus vep.... Lol.

where is your house? if you bought a few years ago you won't lose money. landed house won't drop, esp single storey and 2 storey terrace in local dominated areas. it's bread and butter housing. unless a macroeconomic crisis that lasts a few years hits ASEAN, or war breaks out. Johor houses are still 30% cheaper than KL and johore is a rich state due to rpoximity to singapore. it is a common knowledge among locals that one buys a condo to "invest" (ie rent or flip) but buys a house to stay. Less speculative activity in the 1 & 2 storry housing means less this type of housing is less bubbly and less prone to huge corrections.
however what's happening in iskandar this past year is not good for it's image. prices may stagnate and developers will hold back launches. the market might go into hibernation. if you need to sell the house, may not able to find buyers.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looking on the bright side of things, when traffic drops by 20-30% at causeway side, it will lead to a re-thinking on the foreign car levy. LTA has also kind of hinted that it will decide on its response if and when Malaysia implements the foreign car levy.

On the basis of equality or rather crudely, a tit for tat response, it is likely that LTA will hit an additional surcharge on MY cars (on top of the VEH), when the foreign car levy is implemented on the MY side.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I read somewhere its just S$600+ to pay for someone who drives a Singapore car to go in out for 20 days compared to the S$200 to S$500k that he or she saves on a house in JB. Really got bargain if there are zero jams. but Singapore COE will shoot up again

S$7,200 per year, or S$144,000.00 for 20 years assuming a 30 yo PMET working in SG, good so pay up quietly hor, after all the jiu hu kia already save S$200 to S$500k by living in JB, good deal!!!

avtar

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now Singapore & Malaysia road authorities are confusing VEP & bridges toll rates, only people will suffer for their stupid mistakes!! Why not just ban all vehicles from coming in & built large car-park on both sides with public transport!!!!!!!!

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looking on the bright side of things, when traffic drops by 20-30% at causeway side, it will lead to a re-thinking on the foreign car levy. LTA has also kind of hinted that it will decide on its response if and when Malaysia implements the foreign car levy.

On the basis of equality or rather crudely, a tit for tat response, it is likely that LTA will hit an additional surcharge on MY cars (on top of the VEH), when the foreign car levy is implemented on the MY side.
knowing the way singapore government operate, give with left hand but rob you again with right hand.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. So the JHK ( Jiu Hu Kia ) will buy Singapore cars and COE will shoot back to $100,000

Singapore govt once again made the Singaporeans slaves again!

S$7,200 per year, or S$144,000.00 for 20 years assuming a 30 yo PMET working in SG, good so pay up quietly hor, after all the jiu hu kia already save S$200 to S$500k by living in JB, good deal!!!

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. So the JHK ( Jiu Hu Kia ) will buy Singapore cars and COE will shoot back to $100,000

Singapore govt once again made the Singaporeans slaves again!

No reason for the Malaysians to buy SG cars, given the looming threat of the new VEH for SG cars into JB.....

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
From my observations, most elderly Malaysians are asset rich. They (even the Malays) will have at least 2 houses and many of them also have at least 2 or 3 acres of plantations as well. So, no worries for them regarding the VEPs, just a small additional cost to drive to Sinkie Land.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.