• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
whoa! wht makes you think i 'talk down ' to them? i can assure you, my default position when speaking to people is to be polite first. Anyway, i'm used to the sh** when doing things at govt offices in m'sia. to be fair, they seem to be making a genuine effort to be more 'customer oriented' these days.

Bro, my apologizes if you mistook my post as to mean you "talk down", I was generalizing....
"( not you per se )"... to make a point and NOT being specific. :p

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, my apologizes if you mistook my post as to mean you "talk down", I was generalizing ( not you per se ) to make a point and NOT being specific. :p

oh right... ok then. but just for record, i didn't talk down to them. why would i, they renewing my passport. in fact i'm polite to them and i speak in malay.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
malaysia govt take good care of the chinese?? HAahahahahaaa!!!
when i renew my passport, if they smile and greet me good morning, and not show me a black face becos i am chinese, i am happy already!!!

Nowadays still ok la their customer service and standard of English improve from the year 2000

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
[/B]
you are in malaysia, so you have no ground to complain on this, of course you are back in beloved sinkie-land.

I was not complaining, what is there to complain about their court system? I am very happy with their power justice system; the court just shoot one letter and the opposite side immediately offered settlement out of court.

I was merely pointing out many staff there don't speak English, replying to the point about the English standard has improved. In fact I think the standard should have dropped since the older near retirement staff can speak good English while the younger staff in their 20s and 30s cannot.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
You may find this hard to believe. 80% of Malaysian Chinese study in Chinese schools. Their English is just moderate only. A very big percentage of Malays are extremely poor in English as well but a elite class of Malays in towns actually speak English as their first language in the family. Malay language is their mother tongue but that is spoken to the grand parents.
I had seen first hand Malay parents fully cladded in head scarves talking to their young children in perfect English at book stores. The world is changing.

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
There have been times when I visit officialdom (ie. Govt offices or ktm ticketing counter) and speak to the malay staff in bahasa just for practice, the staff reply in english. Perhaps they want to practice their english instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.