• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Citrine @ Sunway.

Their most expensive should be seafront condos. Even at 129 year lease, I suspect they will price it @ RM 1000/psf because the equivalent at PH is already RM 1600/psf and I heard resale transactions ( flipping ) of RM1900psf from my agents for top floors

Which project are we talking about????

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Developer will usually price lower for the first phase and start to increase with better units in the later phase.
Citrine @ Sunway.

Their most expensive should be seafront condos. Even at 129 year lease, I suspect they will price it @ RM 1000/psf because the equivalent at PH is already RM 1600/psf and I heard resale transactions ( flipping ) of RM1900psf from my agents for top floors

Sagitarius

Alfrescian
Loyal
Poor Thais kena from PAP badly

I don't think KL will impose VEP fees for the Northern entrance. Najib keeps quiet on this and his message seems to be directed at Singapore's increase in the fees. Rather than to change the VEP fees on negative feedback, he should listen to the SMEs and abort the idea of imposing the fees for Singaporeans entering JB. With MH17 issue is a good opportunity not to do anything on the VEP fees. Come 2015 there will be GST for all goods and we can be sure that KL coffers will get more money with consumers from Singapore frequenting their shopping centres. On the other hand, I can imagine the possibility of shopping centres changing ownership again. Such is the result of wrong fireman policies......

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Citrine @ Sunway.

i thought we were talkgni about sunway geo2 launch at sunway south quay KL. most agents are full of bull, you should know. go to JPPH and pay a small sum to get the actual transacted data, then you'll see. there is a huge gap between what the agents say, and the actual transacted prices (which in Malaysia is not readily available to public). i recently did a check (for a KL condo), the gap between transacted and asking is more than 20%!

Last edited:

Sagitarius

Alfrescian
Loyal
Developer will usually price lower for the first phase and start to increase with better units in the later phase.

I believe it is the same everywhere, even in Singapore unless the rules change and there are not enough buyers and they give discounts here and there to match the prices in the first phase. At Sunway Ledang Heights, the sales staff was telling me that there would be staggered increases in the prices quarterly. I would buy that and I believe it is their sales gimmick rather than increasing the prices due to demand.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Interesting to note the number of enquiry for valuation in JB in 2013 and 2014 below at JPPH. I suspect it is a mixed indicator for subsale and resale purchases.

1. There was a dip in terms of total enquiry followed by stagnation in 2H 2013 to 1Q 2014 due to anticipation and confirmation of Budget 2014 cooling measure announcement in Oct 2013.

2013.jpg

2. From Q2 2014, the increase resumed, which was followed by a surge from May 2014, possibly due to panic buying prior to GST implementation in Apr 2015. The buying momentum is likely to get stronger towards Q1 2015.

2014.jpg

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
Citrine @ Sunway.

Sounds like a potential bubble forming on the high rise transactions if that was true.
I would tread with caution.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sunway build communities and have their own uni and hospitals etc. Don't think Sunway is perfect but its about the best in the region behind Forrest City

Sounds like a potential bubble forming on the high rise transactions if that was true.
I would tread with caution.

cyberfren

Alfrescian
Loyal
Citrine @ Sunway.

RM 750 psf for Citrine Office, launched over weekend
RM 800 psf for Condo, beside Citrine office, to be launched on Sep.

Sagitarius

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today I took a bus from Kranji to JB Sentral. The trip was smooth going and we arrived in JB's CIQ within less than half an hour. I noticed the traffic travelling into Singapore was congested with lorries and I wondered how come they could not be diverted to 2nd link since most tour buses have gone through that way. This I believe is one way to reduce the traffic at the 1st link. Some lorry drivers tend to be impatient because of time factor and I could see one of them encroaching on the car lane. Should the lorries be diverted to 2nd link, the staff at 1st link could handle the incoming vehicles faster.

I also noticed two vessels near to the landfilling area of Princess Cove. Wonder if they are proceeding on with the works?

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today I took a bus from Kranji to JB Sentral. The trip was smooth going and we arrived in JB's CIQ within less than half an hour. I noticed the traffic travelling into Singapore was congested with lorries and I wondered how come they could not be diverted to 2nd link since most tour buses have gone through that way. This I believe is one way to reduce the traffic at the 1st link. Some lorry drivers tend to be impatient because of time factor and I could see one of them encroaching on the car lane. Should the lorries be diverted to 2nd link, the staff at 1st link could handle the incoming vehicles faster.

I also noticed two vessels near to the landfilling area of Princess Cove. Wonder if they are proceeding on with the works?

of course lorry drivers would prefer wlds because vep entry is free. exit 2.60.
whereas tuas both ways 14.60 each. cost conscious car would also want
to enter by wlds plus saving on road tolls.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today straits times reported deputy transport minister saying that the vep for spore car entering malaysia will not be less than rm$50.
That will put off most singaporeans going into j b just for shopping and petrol. May kill alot of hawkers and small business there. But travelling in and out will be a breeze.
Thank you Liu.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am happy if they give me 100% speed clearance. RM 50 is peanut for clear roads compared to ERPs and COE

Today straits times reported deputy transport minister saying that the vep for spore car entering malaysia will not be less than rm$50.
That will put off most singaporeans going into j b just for shopping and petrol. May kill alot of hawkers and small business there. But travelling in and out will be a breeze.
Thank you Liu.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
If 50 then it's almost a 25X increase over the current entry price for the 1st link toll. That's the end of iskandar.
Good luck to the Malaysian govt for such a move.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
If 50 then it's almost a 25X increase over the current entry price for the 1st link toll. That's the end of iskandar.

More than $50 RM will crash e F&B businesses n property prices in southern JB.

ComingToJB

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am happy if they give me 100% speed clearance. RM 50 is peanut for clear roads compared to ERPs and COE

Not forgetting..
For M'sia cars..There is no VEP charge on Saturdays, Sundays and all Singapore Public Holidays as well as from 5pm to 2am on weekdays.

So how about VEP for S'pore cars entering M'sia later.. no VEP charge on Saturdays, Sundays and all Singapore Public Holidays as well as from 5pm to 2am on weekdays also???????

To be fair, I think just charge 24-hrs everyday for both country.. See who surrender first :biggrin:

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes I agree. If the Malaysian gov wants to control traffic then I think they should impose during their peak hours. If its tits for tat then follow the same timings like Singapore, at least weekends and holidays are free.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
A face saving measure is to charge RM50, with a 50% discount for entry from Fri to Sun. If I can think of it, surely the MY govt can too....

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those Petrol Warriors will be gone. Gone will be the days when you enter JB at 2am on weekdays to find Shell fully congested with Singapore-cars pumping, humping any last drop of petrol into their petrol tanks as if Malaysia got no oil already.

I am happy in a way. Cmon, you guys really think jams at causeway is 100% caused by REAL Investors? Its 60-70% Petrol Warriors and the rest bona-fide travellers and businessmen.

My colleage told me he saw about 6-7 young sam-seng ( well maybe post NS boys ) hiding behind his SUV smoking and puffing and all 6 were sharing one miserable packet of cigar bought from the petrol station and puffing very very hard to fully utilise the 10 or 20 sticks in the packet before returning to Singapore. No kidding! They are Petrol-Warriors cum Smoker Warriors and they really exist in real life. For a moment I tot cigar and petrol are FOC in JB

More than $50 RM will crash e F&B businesses n property prices in southern JB.

Status
Not open for further replies.