• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Small load move

I think the Malaysian VEP will be charged for each day that the vehicle is in Malaysia, not per entry basis. This means you'll need to purchase a dedicated charge card and deductions will be made upon exiting JB based on the last date of entry into JB as recorded by their system via this charge card.

Otherwise, they would have just use the existing TouchNGo card for the RM20 deduction upon entering JB. Why still need to install and implement a new charging system altogether?

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think the Malaysian VEP will be charged for each day that the vehicle is in Malaysia, not per entry basis. This means you'll need to purchase a dedicated charge card and deductions will be made upon exiting JB based on the last date of entry into JB as recorded by their system via this charge card.

Otherwise, they would have just use the existing TouchNGo card for the RM20 deduction upon entering JB. Why still need to install and implement a new charging system altogether?

New system is because they are worried that the SG drivers will just tap the T&G card on the 'local' option, instead of 'foreigner' option. So they will install a separate gantry that will specially charge SG cars, while waving through MY cars.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal

New system is because they are worried that the SG drivers will just tap the T&G card on the 'local' option, instead of 'foreigner' option. So they will install a separate gantry that will specially charge SG cars, while waving through MY cars.
If they are intent to follow exactly (tit-for-tat) what LTA is charging the Malaysian vehicles, then it will be based on the number of days in the host country, excluding those exceptional days and hours (inapplicable to the Malaysian VEP). I still think they will implement exactly the same as what LTA is doing now.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal

unlikely. Since this will be same for all of Malaysia Borders.

Don't think that they will implement it same as singapore. It will kill off all singapore interest in Iskandar.

dare2

Alfrescian
Loyal

VEP = Vehicle ENTRY permit .....what does entry imply? Otherwise shouldn't it be Vehicle Daily Permit if its as what you suggested?

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal

VEP = Vehicle ENTRY permit .....what does entry imply? Otherwise shouldn't it be Vehicle Daily Permit if its as what you suggested?
LTA also terms it as VEP and charges Malaysian vehicles based on the number of days they are in Sinkie Land, with the exception of the specified free days. Anyway, we shall see how the Malaysian version will pan out to be by July 2015 as announcements would be likely by then. Like I said before, they could have just used the existing T&G card if it's really that straightforward.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal

The Malaysian implementation is meant to be standardised across all Borders including Thailand border.
I doubt it would include a Daily Charge like singapore.
It would be punitive instead of a system to control traffic.

Last edited:

nusaduta

Alfrescian
Loyal

I have bought a house directly from the developer, IJM for the Nusa Duta project and I am having lots of issues on the house. If any kind soul here who has email contact of the Head of Operations for IJM on this project, kindly PM me as I believe the person should know what a shoddy job the team has done!

Very frustrated!

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal

With ever increasing toll charges and goods/services price increase far exceeding 6% GST, living in JB is becoming less attractive. All my usual restaurant dinner and foot reflexology cost at least 19% more than pre GST.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal

I had thought that some items become cheaper. They add 6% GST but take out the 10% service or something. That's why Cars have become cheaper. Was reading the papers recently up north and saw the prices of car makes all going down

With ever increasing toll charges and goods/services price increase far exceeding 6% GST, living in JB is becoming less attractive. All my usual restaurant dinner and foot reflexology cost at least 19% more than pre GST.

CABcommander

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/caution-advised-on/1790094.html

Caution advised on Iskandar residential, commercial property: Maybank

SINGAPORE: The property oversupply situation in Iskandar Malaysia, Johor, is "likely to get worse before it gets better", said Maybank Investment Bank's research wing in a report, with property values in an increasingly crowded development space possibly declining over the medium term.

In a research note issued by the Malaysian bank on Tuesday (Apr 14) urged investors to be cautious about the region, noting that property transactions and prices in Iskandar have been dropping.

The value of property transactions in Johor had fallen by 33 per cent quarter-on-quarter in the Q4 2014, underperforming the country (-7 per cent) and other major cities such as Kuala Lumpur (-12 per cent) and Penang (8 per cent).

Property prices in Johor were also weaker than that of other cities, with the House Price Index (HPI) contracting 1 per cent quarter-on-quarter. In contrast, property prices in the whole of Malaysia dropped 0.2 per cent, the research paper said.

Residential and commercial property transaction values plunged 42 per cent and 43 per cent on-quarter in the fourth quarter 2014, respectively, compared to the 4 per cent dip by industrial properties.

"The latest statistics reaffirm our view that industrial properties are a better investment choice in Iskandar due to the relocation of small medium enterprises (SMEs) from Singapore and its relatively limited supply as compared to residential and commercial properties," Maybank said.

OVERSUPPLY AN ISSUE

The research note said that Malaysian developers have scaled back their launches and shifted their product mix to avoid direct competition with Chinese developers, and have lowered sales expectations for their projects at Iskandar.

"Judging from the number of approved high-rise projects, the Iskandar property market could be hit by too much supply of high-rise mixed development projects if there is still no coordinated planning and control - this will induce price volatility," Maybank analyst Wong Wei Sum said in the research.

"The oversupply situation will be exacerbated by the huge incoming supply in 2015/2016, where units under construction have risen 18 per cent year-on-year in 2012 and 2013, respectively."

"AGGRESSIVE" LAND GRAB BY CHINESE DEVELOPERS

The research note also raised concerns about "aggressive landbanking activities" by Chinese developers in the already-crowded Iskandar region.

"Without coordinated planning and control, this could aggravate the oversupply situation and induce price wars, especially in the high-rise mixed development segment."

For instance, Shanghai-based Greenland Holdings Group recently expanded its foothold in the space with the acquisition of a 128-acre freehold land in the south of Bandar Baru Permas Jaya. This was after its first purchase of 14 acres of land in Danga Bay in 2014. The company is also looking to acquire about 1,200 to 1,400 acres of industrial land near the Tanjung Langsat Industrial Complex, according to Maybank.

"If this materialises, Greenland will emerge as one of the largest land owners in Iskandar with a total landbank of 1,342 acres and it would pose strong competition to the local developers," the report said.

RECLAMATION PROJECT PRESENT "HIGH ELEMENT OF RISK"

Maybank also said it is "cautious" over "massive land reclamation" in Iskandar.

Reclamation works spanning 3,425 acres for the Forest City project has been given the green light from the Development of Environment. The development will spread over a 30-year period, and will consist of four man-made islands reclaimed in four phases.

"The execution and planning of such reclamation projects is complex, especially Forest City, and carry elements of risk and uncertainty. Hence, developers' financial positions are paramount; else we may see projects being abandoned or price wars initiated to clear inventories or reduce sales risks by the developers," Maybank said.

"More importantly, the failure of any of these projects could erode buyers' confidence and perception on Iskandar."

As such, the bank said it remains cautious on property exposure in Iskandar, instead preferring developers with exposure in the Klang Valley and Penang.

Klang Valley, in particular, is preferred because of the upcoming KVMRT and LRT lines, and potential KL-Singapore high-speed rail project, which will end at Bandar Malaysia, Maybank said.

More importantly, the strong population growth potential in Greater KL and Klang Valley - a possible 40 per cent increase to 10 million by 2020 - offers more sustainable demand for properties, it added.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder by how much they can increase the population in Johor Bahru come 2017/8, when most of the property launches during the last 2 years will have completed.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
In a property glut, will the Malaysian bank revalue the property prices down and ask the borrower to top up the shortfall? And if borrower cannot top up, the bank will do a mortage sale to recover the money?
A lot of units are going to VP these two years, hopefully we don't see a lot of such cases.

Anybody know where are the mortage sales conducted in Johor?

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
In a property glut, will the Malaysian bank revalue the property prices down and ask the borrower to top up the shortfall? And if borrower cannot top up, the bank will do a mortage sale to recover the money?
A lot of units are going to VP these two years, hopefully we don't see a lot of such cases.

Anybody know where are the mortage sales conducted in Johor?

Not only glut in the residential market, the commercial side is also doing quite badly.
Went to the newly openly Komtar Shopping Centre (next to City Square) on several occasions in weekdays and weekends, the crowd is quite disappointing with many shops were not having any customers.
Even the City Square is seeing a thinner crowd and it makes you wonder how long the shops can survive like this and worse, more huge shopping centres are opening all over in JB Central within the next 2, 3 years!
With so much shopping spaces opening rapidly but without corresponding increase in shopping population with spending power is simply a super mega problem just waiting to happen.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's a mess of their own creation.
Too aggressive expansion Without much Central planning and control Of supply and demand.
Now is the indigestion period.
I hope the banks will not ask it's customers to top up the margin if the price of the properties drop in value. Actually it'll not help anyone as even if they recover back the property how can they offload it. Most of the properties are loaned till 90%

Status
Not open for further replies.