• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
They say say only la. Now say RM 50 when confirm, it will become RM 50 per year and RM 4 per month and 14 sen per day. The mouth is theirs. They can say what they want. Am I right? They say RM 500 also like that. As what some forummers say, SEE WHO DIE FIRST.

Today straits times reported deputy transport minister saying that the vep for spore car entering malaysia will not be less than rm$50.
That will put off most singaporeans going into j b just for shopping and petrol. May kill alot of hawkers and small business there. But travelling in and out will be a breeze.
Thank you Liu.

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
politicking has driven the msian leaders deeper and deeper into a deep shit.
spore believes in doing the right things
msia cant believe they are doing the wrong things
can get the rationale?

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Akin to killing the golden goose when it has only managed to squeeze out a few eggs. Let's wait and see how the saga develops. In any case, VEH and the changing demographics of SG car owners will see fewer visitors to MY over the years.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore govt behaves more like a man with a long-term vision and kept thinking making more $.

Malaysia govt behaves like a girl who always do (silly) things to spite the guy

So when the guy stops spending money on the girl, the girl will die first but the guy has plenty of money to spend on other girls

politicking has driven the msian leaders deeper and deeper into a deep shit.
spore believes in doing the right things
msia cant believe they are doing the wrong things
can get the rationale?

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
But the problem is at Singapore's custom in clearing the cars with fewer counters and not Malaysian custom. They think by increasing the fee can reduce the no. of cars. It may work for a while and things will be back to normal.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
This tit-for-tat policies by the stupid Malaysia govt show how the learned Singapore govt can screw Iskandar indirectly without losing votes ( but winning some at the same time by increasing VEP into Singapore to S$35/day )

Really smart move.

29ers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah had a hard time catching up, suddenly the thread was moving at Super Sonic Speed.

Anyway whatever both the Govt does, we have little control over. You can write or sing till the cow flies nothing much is going to change.

For those who are looking at properties in Iskandar, you can put this plan on hold or totally find another place to park your money. As said by many, rental in JB or Malaysia is a tough business , it's not as easy as in SG. In SG you lower your rental by 10% from the market rate, your unit is off the market in 1 week. In Malaysia or JB, you lower your rental by 20%....after 6 months it could still be on the market. The Agent and his Reach is a factor as well. That said once the VEP is announced, i anticipate prices will start to slide depending on the VEP price.

For those who already own a property in Iskandar and make the daily commute, no one is forcing you to stay here, the decision is all yours. The rules have changed so you decide if it's worth staying or not. Do note that the rules may change further along the way...whatever changes...YOU DECIDE what you want to do, don't take no SHIT from nobody.

Cheers

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
i just told my sis maybe msia increase levy abv rm50, she was like "siau ah, 50 dollars! we pay money, go there spend more money, hv dinner then kenna rob, walau i think msia crazy."

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
it seems funny that we talk and discuss what will happen if we do this or do that.
dont tell me in msia nobody needs to think things thru?

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
the Malaysians are very glad that they will see no more Petrol Warriors jamming up Shell and PETRONAS next to Custom. For all too long everyone thought only Singapore cars can pump in these two stations as 100% of the cars are Spore cars. The only thing missing is a Singapore flag

it seems funny that we talk and discuss what will happen if we do this or do that.
dont tell me in msia nobody needs to think things thru?

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are best left to enjoy your enlightened hallucinations. When you wake up, you will pity urself first and stop "poor thing" others

Nice try., i cant take a string of questions you say, you cant take a series of replies i say.

Go read ur post(s) and find the word moron urself. I dun intend to baby sit you nor insert fiction into ur valuable words of wisdom.

Wah like that also u get offended? Cool it lah, just a string of questions and you cannot take it....LOL.......and btw dun insert fiction into my post.... Grandpa n grand ma I did mentioned but not the way u put it....when did I use the word moron? ..... Maybe u forgot what u uttered....poor thing you must be really stressed....

Last edited:

Eesee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysian Govt should consider allowing properties owners/investors free access (or charge nominal fee) for one car registration number per property upto max of 3 properties ie. 3 cars with different registration plates. This can be done by issuing a special (CIQ) pass when properties are registered in the owners/investors' names. This way it would not deter investors from investing in JB. Each time an investor/owner changes car, he will have to go to the appropriate govt dept (ie. immigration dept) to change car label for a small fee. This method should deter jams at CIQ.

Darfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
But the problem is at Singapore's custom in clearing the cars with fewer counters and not Malaysian custom. They think by increasing the fee can reduce the no. of cars. It may work for a while and things will be back to normal.

To be fair. Getting people to work in a counters is difficult.

On top of that . The govt also have the obligations not to employ too many people.

Improving business environment for enterprises is much more important than clearing us for shopping, petrol and a home stay in Johor.

That's is my view only .

Status
Not open for further replies.