• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is one of the game-changer of PH and Medini side. First 3 years will not have much crowd as basically no one is staying in Medini or PH yet. I hope they substain and stay on for 3 years to be rewarded

Won't it be better to start after critical mass is reached to minimise losses?

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suppose infrastructure is important in pulling the crowds. When the Coastal Highway was completed its like a dead road. Now it is buzzing and many houses near the exits of Coastal Highway increased in value.

Won't it be better to start after critical mass is reached to minimise losses?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suppose infrastructure is important in pulling the crowds. When the Coastal Highway was completed its like a dead road. Now it is buzzing and many houses near the exits of Coastal Highway increased in value.

It depends on whether it is a public- or private-funded venture.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lets hope it don't fail in the first 3 years though. This is a major breakthrough and a channel to enter Iskandar; also a perfect channel for season travellers who are working in and around Harbourfront and stay around Medini and PH region

It depends on whether it is a public- or private-funded venture.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
News about potential nuclear plants & Malay Reserve Land:-

An opposition assemblyman has claimed that two nuclear plants will be built by the Federal Government in Johor within the next eight years. Tan Chen Choon (DAP-Jementah) alleged that Minister in the Prime Minister's Department Datuk Mah Siew Keong had made a statement to that effect. He claimed that Mah had stated that the Federal Government was in the final process of drafting the Control of Atomic Energy to enable the project to get off the ground.

"The nuclear power plant costing RM21.3bil was announced by the Federal Govern-ment in June, 2010, under the Economic Transformation Program (ETP) where seven locations were identified in several states including Kedah, Perak, Terengganu, and two in Johor," he said when debating the state Budget at the state assembly yesterday. Earlier, Mentri Besar Datuk Mohamed Khaled Nordin had quashed claims that the size of Malay Reserve Land in the state had shrunk, particularly in areas where developments are taking place in Iskandar Malaysia.

He said the claims were untrue as such lands are protected under the Malay Reserve Enactment 1936 and Federal Constitution. He said under such laws if the land owners wanted to cancel its status with an excuse for development, the person must replace it with another plot of land with same value or size.

"Both existing laws showed the seriousness of both the state and Federal governments in handling the Malay Reserve Land issue in Johor. "The state government has also taken some proactive measures to ensure such lands are protected," he said in reply to questions by Datuk Maulizan Bujang (BN-Tiram), Ayub Jamil (BN-Rengit), A. Aziz Ismail (BN-Senggarang), Datuk Samsol Bari Jamali (BN-Semarang) at the state assembly yesterday.

He said based on the current data, Malay Reserve Land had increased from 87,563.6ha in 1957 to 432,157ha in September this year. "This shows that there is an increase in the size of Malay Reserve Land to 279,744ha or 18.2 per cent since our country gained independence 57 years ago. In Johor Baru and Kulaijaya alone, which is under the Iskandar Malaysia area, lands gazetted as Malay Reserve have also increased to 23,517.37ha this year from a mere 1,921.4ha in 1957," he said.

Mohamed Khaled said under the Enactment, the state government agreed to enforce a ruling to seize any Malay Reserve Land that had changed ownership to non-Malays. - See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/malays...ants-being-planned-johor#sthash.wtQZPSiG.dpuf

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lets hope it don't fail in the first 3 years though. This is a major breakthrough and a channel to enter Iskandar; also a perfect channel for season travellers who are working in and around Harbourfront and stay around Medini and PH region

I'm currently staying near Vivo. The cruise looks interesting.
Can try out if opportunity arises.
It's good news!

:cool:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
News about potential nuclear plants & Malay Reserve Land:-

An opposition assemblyman has claimed that two nuclear plants will be built by the Federal Government in Johor within the next eight years. Tan Chen Choon (DAP-Jementah) alleged that Minister in the Prime Minister's Department Datuk Mah Siew Keong had made a statement to that effect. He claimed that Mah had stated that the Federal Government was in the final process of drafting the Control of Atomic Energy to enable the project to get off the ground.

"The nuclear power plant costing RM21.3bil was announced by the Federal Govern-ment in June, 2010, under the Economic Transformation Program (ETP) where seven locations were identified in several states including Kedah, Perak, Terengganu, and two in Johor," he said when debating the state Budget at the state assembly yesterday. Earlier, Mentri Besar Datuk Mohamed Khaled Nordin had quashed claims that the size of Malay Reserve Land in the state had shrunk, particularly in areas where developments are taking place in Iskandar Malaysia.

He said the claims were untrue as such lands are protected under the Malay Reserve Enactment 1936 and Federal Constitution. He said under such laws if the land owners wanted to cancel its status with an excuse for development, the person must replace it with another plot of land with same value or size.

"Both existing laws showed the seriousness of both the state and Federal governments in handling the Malay Reserve Land issue in Johor. "The state government has also taken some proactive measures to ensure such lands are protected," he said in reply to questions by Datuk Maulizan Bujang (BN-Tiram), Ayub Jamil (BN-Rengit), A. Aziz Ismail (BN-Senggarang), Datuk Samsol Bari Jamali (BN-Semarang) at the state assembly yesterday.

He said based on the current data, Malay Reserve Land had increased from 87,563.6ha in 1957 to 432,157ha in September this year. "This shows that there is an increase in the size of Malay Reserve Land to 279,744ha or 18.2 per cent since our country gained independence 57 years ago. In Johor Baru and Kulaijaya alone, which is under the Iskandar Malaysia area, lands gazetted as Malay Reserve have also increased to 23,517.37ha this year from a mere 1,921.4ha in 1957," he said.

Mohamed Khaled said under the Enactment, the state government agreed to enforce a ruling to seize any Malay Reserve Land that had changed ownership to non-Malays. - See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/malays...ants-being-planned-johor#sthash.wtQZPSiG.dpuf

Medini is on a malay reserved land..?:biggrin:
PH..
R&F...
Danga bay....
BI...
HH..
SC..
Sunway...
where are the minefields? :biggrin:

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
PH..
R&F...
Danga bay....
BI...
HH..
SC..
Sunway...

That's true I think. I also recalled parts of Medini is on Malay reserved land. But if buying from established developers, I think their lawyers will ensure that its not Malay Reserved Land..... The established developers are not stupid too.

dumb1

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's true I think. I also recalled parts of Medini is on Malay reserved land. But if buying from established developers, I think their lawyers will ensure that its not Malay Reserved Land..... The established developers are not stupid too.

Kopi liu can settle anything. The losers will be the buyers, if those are Malay Reserve Land. Anyway it is also mentioned that "lands gazetted as Malay Reserve have also increased to 23,517.37ha this year from a mere 1,921.4ha in 1957." meaning non-Malay land can become MRL?

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
If take car via Tuas, the toll is about S$15 return trip and another $15-$20 for petrol. Wear and Tear amnd cost of owning a car not factored in yet.

Does sound like a great bargain as there are no jams and one can enjoy the 1 hour plus Seaview and fresh air.

I believe Season Pass will be much cheaper. Anything below S$1000 in season pass a month is cheap

Please note, the S$50 is a return trip as clarified by wavemaster.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
If take car via Tuas, the toll is about S$15 return trip and another $15-$20 for petrol. Wear and Tear amnd cost of owning a car not factored in yet.

Does sound like a great bargain as there are no jams and one can enjoy the 1 hour plus Seaview and fresh air.

I believe Season Pass will be much cheaper. Anything below S$1000 in season pass a month is cheap

But car can fit in 5-8 pax(depending on models). Cost per head even lower. Anytime can go in and out own time own target. If season pass lets say is $1k wah that is for 1 pax only if like me got 6 how? Can faint already. But once a while can take the sea transport no issue.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kopi liu can settle anything. The losers will be the buyers, if those are Malay Reserve Land. Anyway it is also mentioned that "lands gazetted as Malay Reserve have also increased to 23,517.37ha this year from a mere 1,921.4ha in 1957." meaning non-Malay land can become MRL?

Not sure which is the more accurate data in MY. Here's another viewpoint:-

According to a data, there were 3.0 million hectares of Malay Reservation Land when the country became free of the British yoke in 1957. Now some 54 years down the road, the figure has been almost halved to 1.7 million hectares. Reports on the land ‘lost’ through land acquisition were disturbing. In Selangor for example, some 9,000 hectares of MRL were ‘lost’ through compulsory acquisition. Although the Federal Constitution requires State Authorities to replace every acre of MRL taken away through compulsory land acquisition, only about one – third of the 9,000 hectares have been replaced. In Kedah the 80 MRL owners have lost their land in Pantai Chenang Langkawi through compulsory acquisition in 1990 for the Pelangi Beach Resort.

The same goes to some 167 lots totaling 1,000 acres in Kerpan to give way for aquaculture project with a group from Saudi Arabia. In Negeri Sembilan in 1994, more than 600 MRL owners in Rasah, lost 930 hectares to compulsory land acquisition for a massive development of Seremban 2. In Johor some 26,000 acres of MRL in Tanjung Langsat – Tanjung Piai were acquired by the state authority for a project developed by Kuok Brothers in collaboration with UEM Group. In Malacca some 300 acres of MRL in Kampung Pantai Kundur and Tanah Merah were acquired for ‘buffer zone’ of Petronas and in Terengganu some 300 acres of land were acquired for the developments of a resort. The big question now is has it been replaced as required by the law??

The Malay Reservation Areas (MRA) in Klang valley were created under the Malay Reservation Enactment of 1913 and the Land Enactment of 1987. The objective of the legislation was to ensure that the Malays would be able to own land, especially in urban areas, and a provision of the enactment is that an MRA may not, either through sale or lease, be transferred to non-Malays.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha...
just my luck enter JB today all vehicles check by custom..n jus so happen today i brought in my not so old 60" tv. Supposed to pay 450rm tax after they calculated but hey in bolehland can bargain n lesser by 100rm in d end. This is not under table negotiation one btw. Heng ah was shown the actual tax plus compound of at least 1500rm to a max of 5000rm by right
as usual enter green lane make blur face but When enter green lane Consider we declare that we hv nothing to declare. Could have been Worst. My advice is being humble and honest is d best policy. Said that we just follow the fastest lane and its because we moving hse ...good to have somethg to show address with ur name on it like i happen to have my utilities bill in my car so i show lor and they ask if d tv is workg or not. Chose the honest answer that its workg fine henggg ahhh cos they said if we were to say sspoil they will plug in and that is worst cos we give false info to authority.

Overall it was not an unpleasant experience just the pocket a bit hurt haha.

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha...
just my luck enter JB today all vehicles check by custom..n jus so happen today i brought in my not so old 60" tv. Supposed to pay 450rm tax after they calculated but hey in bolehland can bargain n lesser by 100rm in d end. This is not under table negotiation one btw. Heng ah was shown the actual tax plus compound of at least 1500rm to a max of 5000rm by right
as usual enter green lane make blur face but When enter green lane Consider we declare that we hv nothing to declare. Could have been Worst. My advice is being humble and honest is d best policy. Said that we just follow the fastest lane and its because we moving hse ...good to have somethg to show address with ur name on it like i happen to have my utilities bill in my car so i show lor and they ask if d tv is workg or not. Chose the honest answer that its workg fine henggg ahhh cos they said if we were to say sspoil they will plug in and that is worst cos we give false info to authority.

Overall it was not an unpleasant experience just the pocket a bit hurt haha.

Did you happened to take the Woodlands or Tuas causeway Narmi?

Zelphon

Alfrescian
Loyal
PH..
R&F...
Danga bay....
BI...
HH..
SC..
Sunway...

Safest should be R&F...
Land bought from Johor Sultan leh !!!
4.5 BILLION COLD HARD CASH...

Federal government dare to say Sultan's land that was sold is MALAY RESERVE LAND ???

ComingToJB

Alfrescian
Loyal
Safest should be R&F...
Land bought from Johor Sultan leh !!!
4.5 BILLION COLD HARD CASH...

Federal government dare to say Sultan's land that was sold is MALAY RESERVE LAND ???

Johor Sultan won't be bothered.. coz $$ already went into his pocket..

Just like after sold most of the his land to the developers.. he approved the implementation of the TOL increase..
Business down.. poor sales.. no developer willing to bid land.. NOT HIS PROBLEM!! haha

Status
Not open for further replies.