• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pioneer123

Alfrescian
Loyal
One a slightly different topic, we will be moving to our new house in LF soon and I am starting to think about a moving company that is reputable and good as well as any issues relating to customs.

We have a lot of electronics items (84" TV, 52" TV, computers, 27" screens for Macs, and pretty pricey HiFi gear) and I wonder what is the case with customs? Do we get whacked for GST as I have heard a few people say or it just breezes through under a house move category?

I have had this gear quite a while and it looks new as I take care of everything and have original boxes so don't want customs thinking I just bought it.

Anyone got any experience to share would be most appreciated.

Cheers

crisanne

Alfrescian
Loyal
One a slightly different topic, we will be moving to our new house in LF soon and I am starting to think about a moving company that is reputable and good as well as any issues relating to customs.

We have a lot of electronics items (84" TV, 52" TV, computers, 27" screens for Macs, and pretty pricey HiFi gear) and I wonder what is the case with customs? Do we get whacked for GST as I have heard a few people say or it just breezes through under a house move category?

I have had this gear quite a while and it looks new as I take care of everything and have original boxes so don't want customs thinking I just bought it.

Anyone got any experience to share would be most appreciated.

Cheers

Hi . Refer to my post on House moving experience

Pioneer123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the useful advice folks.
Has anyone had any problems making two moves to the same property? What I mean by this is that as we have a lot of stuff and we are not ready to fully relocate yet so we might shift some stuff that we don't need in SG to free up space in our house and ship the rest later (couple of months or so). Will this be any issue?

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the useful advice folks.
Has anyone had any problems making two moves to the same property? What I mean by this is that as we have a lot of stuff and we are not ready to fully relocate yet so we might shift some stuff that we don't need in SG to free up space in our house and ship the rest later (couple of months or so). Will this be any issue?

Usually movers charge are based on per truck and usually the customers will try to max out the truck space.
If you want to use a few more trucks to move over a few more times, you just pay, the mover should be very happy.

Dinarissa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heads up

Singapore custom catching people who not did not insert their cash card.

Total set up.

Unlike Malaysia side, the barrier lifting is controlled by the immigration officer. I am sure many of us do not insert our cashcard when crossing Singapore's customs when the officer lifts the barrier without prompting you to do so.

Last sunday, I took back my passport, passed the barrier and just before exiting past the offices I was pulled aside and told I did not use my cash card is therefore liable for a $10 admin charge (for pulling me over, bringing me to the office, writing down my vehicle number)

So as you can see, it has become a SET UP situation.

Quite intrigued by how they always invent new ways to slow traffic down. I am sure their performance bonus is super 'gao' with all these new stunts.

dit15

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heads up

Total set up.

Unlike Malaysia side, the barrier lifting is controlled by the immigration officer. I am sure many of us do not insert our cashcard when crossing Singapore's customs when the officer lifts the barrier without prompting you to do so.

Last sunday, I took back my passport, passed the barrier and just before exiting past the offices I was pulled aside and told I did not use my cash card is therefore liable for a $10 admin charge (for pulling me over, bringing me to the office, writing down my vehicle number)

Quite intrigued by how they always invent new ways to slow traffic down. I am sure their performance bonus is super 'gao' with all these new stunts.

Set up?? Arent you supposed to pay the toll without being prompted?

Movingaway

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heads up

Total set up.

its security first for SG compared to our neighbours, $$$ first.

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Has anyone tried commuting via the shuttle train from JB Sentral? Looking for some first-hand experience from members here.

Seems KTM is missing an opportunity with just two departure times in the morning at 5.30am and 7.00am. Maybe it's logistics that I am not aware of but I would add a couple more time slots in between those two timings to get as many passengers as possible.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Has anyone tried commuting via the shuttle train from JB Sentral? Looking for some first-hand experience from members here.

Seems KTM is missing an opportunity with just two departure times in the morning at 5.30am and 7.00am. Maybe it's logistics that I am not aware of but I would add a couple more time slots in between those two timings to get as many passengers as possible.

I always wonder why couldn't this rail track be upgraded to RTS.

Some infor on train service jb-woodland

http://www.ktmintercity.com.my/index.php/jadual/item/download/65_9220ae294eaf3c8ca4744e254a90acd5

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...-between-woodlands-and-jb-sentral-from-july-1

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heads up

Total set up.

Dude
Not worth the hassle of being hauled up just by forgetting to pay the toll. Hope next time be more alert ok. Even on occasions when the ICA officer happens to be my youngest sibling (either when entering or exiting) I still auto pay the toll without being prompted. They already have their hands full in ensuring that your passport details and Car license plate is in order so onus is on us to settle the toll. Be safe when in JB esp during fasting month as it seems more SG-plated vehicles been broken into and valuables stolen.

longwei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Recently the tuas side has been super jam during the early 8am and 7pm timing anyone know why? Last time the jam still acceptable nowadays it take 1.5 hours just to clear sg

Status
Not open for further replies.