• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Isn't all these homes sanctioned by the JB govt for aged Singaporean in mind?

They (State Government) of johore may evict them saying that they do not have necessary document to stay here in Johor Bahru. This might be real problem with this scheme. These elderly do not have the proper document to have a long permanent stay in JB or Malaysia.

I forsee there is this problem.

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can somebody advise with income tax filing to LHDN?
I received 2 types of forms:
1) Borang M2014
2)CP500 Notice of instalment payments

Which form should I submit?
So complicated!
TIA!

Legolad

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Star ePaper

Just to share.
There is a promo offer of RM199 for both the Star & Sin Chew ePaper package going on now. The one year subscription is for digital copy of the following papers:
  1. The Star,
  2. Sin Chew (Chinese paper),
  3. Jakarta Post,
  4. The Nation ((Thailand),
  5. China Daily Asia Weekly
  6. Philippine Daily Enquirer

Also includes the educational Newspaper-in-Education (NIE) for the kids and all the localized news (Metro) for the north, east, south, central, etc. Great for checking out the ads for offers from telcos, banks. supermarts, etc. All the ePapers, except Sin Chew, are in English and can be read on IOS or Android platforms, including browsers. A good way to get to know Malaysia better.

https://newsstand.thestar.com.my/product-detail/?id=55091b81e98f6

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Small load move

Hi all,

Any recommendation on someone who can move a small load of few furniture items from Singapore to Nusajaya? Thanks.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
[QUcongo9;2147564]They (State Government) of johore may evict them saying that they do not have necessary document to stay here in Johor Bahru. This might be real problem with this scheme. These elderly do not have the proper document to have a long permanent stay in JB or Malaysia.

I forsee there is this problem.[/QUOTE]

I dont think so , unless they start collecting cardboard n can everywhere for a living. In they can afford to pay thousands of RM every months, what is there to lost for the people of JB?

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Small load move

Dunno what's the plan for Iskandar. With slowing economy and GST introduction, Johor probably needs singapore spending in Johor more then singapore

kslresidence

Alfrescian
Loyal

like to check with you guys. As I am moving into JB soon. Do you guys change your mailing address from Singapore to Malaysia one? Also is it compulsory for us to amend our NRIC address as well?

I still have NS liability does that mean I have to wear civi to book in and book out so that I return back to my JB home?

destansooming

Alfrescian
Loyal

Now waiting for LTA to match JB VEP,Double whammy,johore government should issue those whom own ppty at jb an exemption pass,damn shiong for ppl whom had to stay there and travel daily to work at sg,thought should encourage sg ppl to buy,look at the massive units availiable,haiz....

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

Now waiting for LTA to match JB VEP,Double whammy,johore government should issue those whom own ppty at jb an exemption pass,damn shiong for ppl whom had to stay there and travel daily to work at sg,thought should encourage sg ppl to buy,look at the massive units availiable,haiz....

I believe it was mentioned in the SG papers that LTA will look into matching the JB VEP in some form when it is implemented. My suggestion would be to include the RM20 (S$7.50) in the S$35 levy. For periods where the S$35 does not apply eg weekends and after 5 pm, LTA should just levy S$7.50 instead. As a goodwill gesture, LTA can waive the RM20 (S$7.50) for multiple entries when the S$35 levy applies... :biggrin:

This should be the fairest method and create the least controversy for Singaporeans. of course, for the Malaysians, they would be complaining.......

If the RM20 is eventually applied, coupled with moving all lorries to 2nd link, travelling via causeway would be much much smoother!

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal

This will never happen because they will say if you have the money to buy their RM1m house, what's another RM20 for a daily pass?

I think you need to take into consideration about the toll charges too.

Toll Charges + VEP . That will be the killer.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think you need to take into consideration about the toll charges too.

Toll Charges + VEP . That will be the killer.

On average, it's about S$20 per day, with the new RM20 VEP. Assuming 22 work days (5 day work week), it adds to S$440 per month. Still worth it, if one has existing SG properties to rent out, esp considering the time saved with the new VEP.

Skooz

Alfrescian
Loyal

On average, it's about S$20 per day, with the new RM20 VEP. Assuming 22 work days (5 day work week), it adds to S$440 per month. Still worth it, if one has existing SG properties to rent out, esp considering the time saved with the new VEP.

Depends on how much rental we make in Spore property,must consider time taken ,fuel consumption toll charges safety concerns,overall is it worth it ,long term they r killing their own people indirectly.

dumb1

Alfrescian
Loyal

You mean you fine with renting your sg properties and giving away part of the rent for those levies?

With increased levies, it does not necessarily reduce the time travelling in and out. If traffic gets lighter, both sides may reduce the manpower to clear the customs and immigration and we may be back to jam again as the purpose of those levies is not to clear the jam but generate revenue for both gahmen.

Status
Not open for further replies.