• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
JECKI is located at https://www.google.com/maps/place?q=65%20Jalan%20Sutera%201,%20Taman%20Sentosa,%2080150%20Johor%20Bahru,%20Johor,%20Malaysia&ftid=0x31da6d2393d562e7:0xf3f91a4af5b3a7b6

Its signboard is yellow in color, not a big store, but just opposite Sentosa Plaza (formerly Lien Hoe Complex) THE STORE supermarket's side entrance.

Also, don't be put off by their sticker price because they will give you a discount (variable, depending on medication type) at the cashier.

Trust the above helps.

Last edited:

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
do they sell generics as well?

I'm a sucker for generics.

Most pharmacies I visit in jb dun seem to stock generics which are a real steal.

Sorry to bother you

JECKI is located at https://www.google.com/maps/place?q=65%20Jalan%20Sutera%201,%20Taman%20Sentosa,%2080150%20Johor%20Bahru,%20Johor,%20Malaysia&ftid=0x31da6d2393d562e7:0xf3f91a4af5b3a7b6

Its signboard is yellow in color, not a big store, but just opposite Sentosa Plaza (formerly Lien Hoe Complex) THE STORE supermarket's side entrance.

Also, don't be put off by their sticker price because they will give you a discount (variable, depending on medication type) at the cashier.

Trust the above helps.

teanotcoffee09

Alfrescian
Loyal

Trust the above helps.

Thanks a lot!

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
do they sell generics as well?

I'm a sucker for generics.

Most pharmacies I visit in jb dun seem to stock generics which are a real steal.

Sorry to bother you

I suggest you to call (+60-7- 3335228 and +60-7-3331426) and inquire to them for your requirement.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Published: Monday March 31, 2014 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Updated: Monday March 31, 2014 MYT 8:49:51 AM

Digital cable network provider to build five hubs in Johor

JOHOR BARU: Digital cable network provider Asian Broadcasting Network (M) Sdn Bhd will be able to provide wider coverage in Johor with the construction of five hubs in the state.

After launching in the Klang Valley in June last year, the company branched out into Johor to offer both HD TV and high-speed broadband services at more affordable rates.

The company offers high-speed Internet packages from five megabytes per second (Mbps) to 50 Mbps and a suit of over 120 television and radio channels and add-on entertainment, education, sitcoms and other local and foreign contents.

Its president and chief executive officer S. Sreedhar said that the company was placing its focus in Johor because there was subscription potential in the state based on its optimistic take-up rate.

Prioritising Johor Baru before moving to other districts, Sreedhar said that the hubs in Stulang 1 and 2 would cover approximately 16 precincts and communities from Johor Jaya to Taman Molek and Taman Abad to Taman Tasek respectively.

The Skudai Hubs cover 18 areas from Taman Melawati to Taman Sri Putri and Taman Nusa Bestari to Taman Tampoi Indah.

“Our development and infrastructure work are on-going in areas like Permas Jaya and we expect to move on to Johor Jaya and Skudai within the next couple of months,” he said when met at its Johor Baru service centre in Permas Jaya here.

He said that the infrastructure works have been completed in Taman Serene, Taman Sri Tebrau, Taman Sentosa, Taman Pelangi, Taman Maju Jaya and Sri Stulang Flats and Taman Iskandar Flats.

The infrastructure works are target to complete by end May this year for Permas Jaya, end October for Johor Jaya and December for Skudai.

“Another distinct feature of ours is the technology as we use hybrid fibre coaxial (HFC) digital network technology, which enables us to offer the most sophisticated Internet speed in the market for homes,” he added.

The company offers a 10Mbps Internet package at RM98.99, which is the lowest in the market and includes free installation and unlimited data.

Sreedhar also said that the company would be focusing on Johor Baru before moving to offer such services to other districts like Batu Pahat and Muar.

On future plans, he added that the company would be allocating RM2bil to upgrade and expand its services to other states in the next four years.

He said that they would be opening up branches in Malacca in May and Seremban and Ipoh later in the year.

He said that the company was in talks with the Penang government on its plans to bring their services over to the state soon.

Sreedhar added that this was the company’s effort to achieve its target to reach five million homes nationwide in four years’ time.

“We foresee that we will be able to offer up to 200 cable channels by next year from the current 120 channels and at least 500 channels from 2015 onwards,” he said.

He added that the allocation also included opening a second service centre in Johor in Skudai, to cater to the growing market in the state.

Sreedhar added that the company had 30,000 subscribers and the numbers were growing by the day.

He also said that 70% of the channels provided by the digital cable service were never-before-seen in Malaysia, offering a wide range of genres from gaming, live concerts and lifestyle.

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Comm...network-provider-to-build-five-hubs-in-Johor/

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Published: Monday March 31, 2014 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Updated: Monday March 31, 2014 MYT 8:49:51 AM

Digital cable network provider to build five hubs in Johor

JOHOR BARU: Digital cable network provider Asian Broadcasting Network (M) Sdn Bhd will be able to provide wider coverage in Johor with the construction of five hubs in the state.

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Comm...network-provider-to-build-five-hubs-in-Johor/

I can't wait for them to come to my area! I'd sign up in a heartbeat!

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought they have ASTRO TV. Sending all your cable TV needs via Satellite ?

Not for TV; I need a reliable internet service provider...my current provider is expensive and connection is not that great. The other part of the problem is that my house is not currently in many service providers' coverage area which severely limits my choice.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not for TV; I need a reliable internet service provider...my current provider is expensive and connection is not that great. The other part of the problem is that my house is not currently in many service providers' coverage area which severely limits my choice.

I am using YES LIFE mobile internet whenever i was in JB. The coverage is great. The connectivity is great, whether i am on NS high way or i am at KL.
As for your home, you can try to using this link

www.yes.my/‎

Hi, another thing is that i have been waiting for your Dentist contact in SKudai. So that i can enjoy good quality oral health care at affordable rate. PM us the address.

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am using YES LIFE mobile internet whenever i was in JB. The coverage is great. The connectivity is great, whether i am on NS high way or i am at KL.
As for your home, you can try to using this link

www.yes.my/‎

Hi, another thing is that i have been waiting for your Dentist contact in SKudai. So that i can enjoy good quality oral health care at affordable rate. PM us the address.

I'm using the same provider but with six teenagers and four adults in the house, it gets really expensive for us. In the end, no one is allowed to stream any videos nor play any online gaming. The internet is then strictly for work and school use only. So I need a quota-free service; something we took for granted in Singapore.

Sorry about the dentist contact. I might have missed your request because everyone else who wrote me a PM I've replied. Sending info to you now.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm using the same provider but with six teenagers and four adults in the house, it gets really expensive for us. In the end, no one is allowed to stream any videos nor play any online gaming. The internet is then strictly for work and school use only. So I need a quota-free service; something we took for granted in Singapore.

Sorry about the dentist contact. I might have missed your request because everyone else who wrote me a PM I've replied. Sending info to you now.

I think you must install 2 or 3 internet connection inside your house.

One for regular surfing, which can be used by adult. The other used by teenagers. The other one as standby.

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you must install 2 or 3 internet connection inside your house.

One for regular surfing, which can be used by adult. The other used by teenagers. The other one as standby.

Right now I have a modem in the living room for all to access and another modem in my room/study area for the work I need to do at night. Both modems are for one account that we have a 24-mth contract for and I'm not keen to have another contract for that length of time. I am regularly "topping up" my internet quota because I am such a heavy user. That's why I hope a reliable service provider will extend their coverage to where I am so that I can do away with the current arrangement.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lately experiencing times when no water coming through the taps from all toilets. Anyone with this problem and how you resolved it?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lately experiencing times when no water coming through the taps from all toilets. Anyone with this problem and how you resolved it?

what about your neighbours, got same problem? then it's due to water cut, maybe cos of water rationing .

Status
Not open for further replies.