• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I am already used to this behaviour. They just want to admire the reno and how pple do the reno. For those grass cutter they just want to see if you need help and they want some business. If we were to report all suspicious slow driving vehicles, everyday we can report about 10 and weekends 20-50

There has been recent suspecting cars driving super slow in both cheap and well to do models.
Riders there are contract grass cutters are also doing the same. Especially for houses facing the golf.

I notice a couple of times riders / grass cutters riding super slow scanning our lane. I wasn't too attentive.

Cars as well.

Should I keep record and approach the security guard for suspecting behavior?

Also should I inform maintenance when I see security guard sleeping?

ok, my wife suggested can we go down in a group and haunt the maintenance?

When when when?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Must report e guards too. They could be in collusion.

report to who? u think anybody will take action. dream on!

other topic: jams. checked this morning, already long jam at both woodld and tuas. so skippin my jaunt up to kl this weekend. sighz. whats the point in having a weekend home if i can never use it on weekends due to jams? :(

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
report to who? u think anybody will take action. dream on!

other topic: jams. checked this morning, already long jam at both woodld and tuas. so skippin my jaunt up to kl this weekend. sighz. whats the point in having a weekend home if i can never use it on weekends due to jams? :(

Must report e neighbour also.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Need to factor in jam at JB custom, and e time to return to SG on Sat or Sun. It is too costly for me to be stuck in e jam in both direction.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some photos by those who took public transport to go JB.
http://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/e...g-sg-jb-via-woodlands-checkpoint-4647763.html

good2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some photos by those who took public transport to go JB.
http://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/e...g-sg-jb-via-woodlands-checkpoint-4647763.html

People were walking. There is a narrow pedestrain path until the part where the road goes up steeply towards the JB customs. Wonder how the pedestrains manage that part? Dangerous.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Uh-oh, the future of a country depends on the youth they said... Btw before anybody compare to Spore, I say first Spore has many many many social and crime problems now and the SG govt and SG people should face these problems in order to be able to solve the problems - and not try to dismiss them or say it is just skewing perception.

Published: Thursday April 10, 2014 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Updated: Thursday April 10, 2014 MYT 9:08:48 AM

Teenage crime on the rise

BY NICHOLAS CHENG

SHAH ALAM: Selangor is seeing a 10% jump in teenage crime, a worrying trend that is mirrored elsewhere in the country.

State police chief Senior Deputy Comm Datuk Shukri Dahlan said those as young as 12 years old were getting involved in crimes although Selangor recorded an overall 7% drop in crimes so far this year.

He said 165 teenagers, from 12 to 17 years old, had been arrested between January and March – a 10% increase from the corresponding period in 2013.

Of those arrested, 86 were for violent crimes including blackmail, snatch thefts and being a part of gangs and drug distribution syndicates.

SDCP Shukri said 79 others were arrested for minor offences, mostly motorcycle thefts, which accounted for 40% of the crimes.

“A big majority, maybe 70%, of the motorcycle thefts in the last three months, has been linked to juveniles. On top of other serious offences committed by some youths, this is a cause for concern.

“In this day and age where the young are easily influenced by social ills, parents and teachers play a crucial role in curbing youth involvement in crime in schools and at home,” he told reporters here.

In January, a policeman in George Town was attacked by about 30 people aged 18 to 19 when he tried to prevent two men from being beaten up outside an entertainment outlet.

Earlier this week, the police in Malacca announced they were hunting for a gang of seven school dropouts aged 15 to 18 whom they said had committed 80 snatch thefts in the last few months.

On Sunday, an 18-year-old boy from Miri was arrested for allegedly stabbing his mother to death in the neck after quarrelling over a handphone.

Last year, 214 aged between 13 and 18 were caught abusing drugs, according to the National Anti-Drugs Agency.

Echoing SDCP Shukri’s concern, Bukit Aman Crime Prevention and Eradication Department director Datuk Wira Ayub Yaakob said that last year saw a 47% jump in nationwide violent crime among minors aged between 12 and 17. Some were even involved in murder and rape cases.

He said cases of violent crimes went up from 368 in 2012 to 542 last year among school*going children.

Cases involving non-school*going children saw a 137% jump with 2,011 reported last year, compared to 849 in 2012.

“Most minors get into crime because of peer influence and elements of gangsterism that are penetrating schools,” Ayub said.

“The police have been in talks with the Education Ministry and schools to curb this problem. We are stationing liaison officers in schools to identify the problematic students.

“We are also educating students through workshops and summer camps as well as starting cadet police units and crime prevention clubs in schools.”

Meanwhile, the Selangor contingent joined about 800 cadet police officers in a march to mark the 44th Police Cadet Corps Day celebrations.

Last edited:

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
People were walking. There is a narrow pedestrain path until the part where the road goes up steeply towards the JB customs. Wonder how the pedestrains manage that part? Dangerous.

I saw footage on people walking across the causeway in the news on tv last night. I thought walking across causeway was not allowed since the the new jb ciq was built. Maybe they made an exception yesterday.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Avoid going into SG via Tuas now, someone had a pretty serious accident and rammed into a barrier. Ambulance was summoned

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Avoid going into SG via Tuas now, someone had a pretty serious accident and rammed into a barrier. Ambulance was summoned

Just got back via Tuas. Yes, serious accident though no fatalities as I only saw 2 white ambulances.
Took only 30 mins to clear both customs.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Coming back to Singapore from Tuas this morning 3am ( Sunday ) Apparently some reckless idiot lost control while going down the slope towards the counters and rammed into the thick black/Yellow vertical barrier

To imagine the impact, the very very strong barrier was smashed into the bonnet and when I passed by, its right in the MIDDLE of the bonnet. Very very trustworthy barrier indeed!

Saw a TP but no ambulance. Maybe ambulance came and brought the injured away. He must have been speeding at 100km/hour!

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Also, forgot to add that I saw, at about 3am plus, at least 20 cars parked along the highway just before Nusajaya exit to LEGOLAND from Singapore. I wonder what they are looking at and when I turned down, I saw another 20-30 cars parked just outside Ledang Heights near the roundabout.

Racers in modified engine sped past me in quick succession. One of them went the other way round the roundabout and continue their races just outside the Balai Polis and heading towards LEGOLAND. I missed them when they hit Horizon Hills.

Now their F1 track has extended from Danga Bay to near Nusa Cemilang industrial as there are almost zero cars in wee hours

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ninjas make turtle of a car

JOHOR BARU - The Ninja Squad from the Johor Baru South (JBS) police district headquarters here arrested a suspected car thief following a 5km chase. The drama ended with the suspect's car plunging into a monsoon drain and despite being injured, he tried to escape from the vehicle. JBS OCPD Asst Comm Sulaiman Salleh said the suspect, however, could not get away as his officers had already surrounded the area. "Our officers first instructed the suspect to pull his vehicle over along Jalan Keris in Taman Pelangi after noticing his suspicious behaviour. "The suspect refused to stop and sped away towards a housing area along Jalan Lembing," he said in a statement. He said officers on motorcycles gave chase, adding that was when the suspect's vehicle plunged into the drain. "The man then smashed the rear screen and tried to crawl out but was arrested," he said. ACP Sulaiman said the suspect, in his 40s and unemployed, had eight previous criminal records and was on the police wanted list. He urged the owner of the stolen white Honda City to go to the Kulaijaya District police headquarters to assist in investigations. - See more at: http://ride.asiaone.com/news/genera...-baru-souths-ninja-squad#sthash.qL66yOIl.dpuf

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Just came back from Medini, was showing someone around and then he sped off halfway. Again, one of the newly proclaimed experts in Iskandar but he almost went into a deep hole deep inside Medini.

To warn him of the hole, i flashed my lights and headed him off. He managed to avoid the hole but my side of the road collapsed (new road which edge is only m&d) and my car narrowly avoided overturning. He sped off, oblivious to what had happened to me.

Suffice to say, i turned and braked just in time but already half of the car was over the edge as part of the road gave way suddenly. Looking at the state of the ground, the ground supporting the road had too much water in it. Part of the road sunk in further, i pulled my handbrake and steered towards the side of the hole.

I didn't have my phone with me as i passed it to my son and my wife and kids were in Legoland. I got out and almost fell into the deeper part of the hole, past training took over, swung the tyres the "right" way, and tried to reverse out but realised back wheels were above ground. Back wheels were spinning around helplessly much like i was.

I tried to sound SOS using my car horn (in threes) but after awhile, the horn gave up. I then decided to seek help, applied handbrakes and climbed out. I slided down the steep slope into thick m&d.

I managed to walk through the m&d to seek help and alerted some construction workers who said they will come later. I borrowed their phone, told my wife i was going to be alright like i always did and not to worry. I told her to take a cab back and buy dinner as i will be back soon. (my way of reassuring her i will be fine)

It was going to be nightfall soon and i hurried back. It was slow progress through the thick m&d but i made it back.

In desperation, i jumped onto the boot of my car, brought the back wheels down and slowly pulled it back up. Managed to bring it at least a safe distance beyond.

My bumper was damaged in the process but it was the least of my worries. Without a phone and in the middle of nowhere, i decided it was time to make the best of things and if the guys did not show up, i will make a last ditch effort to push it up the slope myself.

With dusk fast approaching, it seemed all was lost. It was then that a welcoming sight arrived, that of 2 bulldozers which were heading my way. I got out of the car, stood up high on the side of the car and waved for their attention. Soon enough, they hooked my car up to a spade and slowly brought my car up the slope. I then got into the car as it was still in a precarious spot and reversed while they were winching the other side. Was very happy that i was still alive and managed to drive my car out of there.

Was very shaken when i saw how deep it could have gone, drove my car to my mechanic to give it a once over and had a car wash, washed my clothes, sandals and legs at the car wash place and then finally headed back home.

Just glad to be back. Very grateful to the crew who helped as well as the worker who loaned me his phone to call my wife. I paid the crew but the worker refused my money for loaning his phone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.