• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be frank, if you have kids who are below 16, its not that advisable. But the thing is the houses up north are so cheap compared to tiny dot that many can afford to use it as weekend home.
One of my best friends just got himself a MYVI I heard for S$15,000, insurance S$300 a year.. road tax about S$20?

Paid everything in cash and just drive off the brand new car and its his forever. One month salary = one car in Malaysia The power of Sing dollars. .. I am impressed.

In Singapore $15k can get you a car to drive for 1 ( ONE ) year.

travel 2 hours to work, traffic jam every morning is not a good life.

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
recommended price for low end
Myvi XT GX1 -1300cc Manual
rm42k now.

please share name of agent, looking to change my car. thanks

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be frank, if you have kids who are below 16, its not that advisable. But the thing is the houses up north are so cheap compared to tiny dot that many can afford to use it as weekend home.
One of my best friends just got himself a MYVI I heard for S$15,000, insurance S$300 a year.. road tax about S$20?

Paid everything in cash and just drive off the brand new car and its his forever. One month salary = one car in Malaysia The power of Sing dollars. .. I am impressed.

In Singapore $15k can get you a car to drive for 1 ( ONE ) year.

Wow, I am coveting your friend's $15K monthly salary!:p

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ministers are getting S$150k a month my friend. $15k a month in the business arena is really low. A few of my customers have monthly salaries which can buy an HDB flat in Toa Payoh.

Aiya, that's why I covet even $15K salary mah, good enough for me.:biggrin: Those can buy HDB flat every month type, is just a different breed of humans. LOL!

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ministers are getting S$150k a month my friend. $15k a month in the business arena is really low. A few of my customers have monthly salaries which can buy an HDB flat in Toa Payoh.

Strictly speaking, I don't think their monthly pay is that high, but more like a huge lump sum bonus for 'meeting performance targets' (which tend to be quite dubious).

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just read about Johor state government's intent to levy the VEP into Johor at RM20 per entry.

Likely to start mid of next year once the system is up and ready to process this new charge.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh dear.. I can't believe it.
Still want to go ahead?
Even though this is to save face I think that this will be a knife hanging over investors heads.
Everytime threaten investors with such rules

matx3315

Alfrescian
Loyal
They can kiss the Iskandar dream goodbye.

Oh dear.. I can't believe it.
Still want to go ahead?
Even though this is to save face I think that this will be a knife hanging over investors heads.
Everytime threaten investors with such rules

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just read about Johor state government's intent to levy the VEP into Johor at RM20 per entry.

Likely to start mid of next year once the system is up and ready to process this new charge.

Yep, according to the ST report today, its says MY "plans to charge RM20 for VEP" but the Ministry had earlier said that charge to be "not more than RM50".
So, this amount is still not confirmed and it may be as much as RM50. With the dire condition of MY's current financial situation, RM50 is quite possible.
Watch out for the next official announcement.

Sagitarius

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yep, according to the ST report today, its says MY "plans to charge RM20 for VEP" but the Ministry had earlier said that charge to be "not more than RM50". So, this amount is still not confirmed and it may be as much as RM50. With the dire condition of MY's current financial situation, RM50 is quite possible. Watch out for the next official announcement.

Whatever the VEP amount, it is no good for business, investors and Singaporean travellers to Malaysia.

I don't think the easing of traffic at the Causeway will result, because those who work in Singapore and live in JB will still have to drive and those who have houses may need to drive and during the school holidays, families with young children may enjoy a trip north.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it per entry, or per day?
If they were to follow Sinkie Land's style, then it should be on a per day basis. Another hint could be that's why they are taking 6 months to study and implement the fare and tracking system. Otherwise, if it's just a per entry system, they could have just simply start it with the existing Touch-N-Go card.

It will cause a large impact to those with Sinkie cars (eg: SPRs and Sinkies) staying in JB and working in Sinkie Land. Imagine RM20 per weekday, amounting to RM440 per month, excluding the 4 weekends! The worst part is that you'll still be charged for leaving your car in your JB home. :eek:

Najib huat ah!

Last edited:

Sagitarius

Alfrescian
Loyal
If they follow Sinkie Land's style, then it should be on a per day basis. Another hint is that they are taking 6-months to improvise the fare and tracking system. Otherwise, if it's just a per entry system, they could have just simply implement it with the existing Touch-N-Go card. It will cause a large impart to those with Sinkie cars (eg: SPRs and Sinkies) staying in JB and working in Sinkie Land. Imagine RM20 per day, amounting to RM600 per month! :eek: Najib huat ah!

I certainly hope so otherwise MY land will get a lot of money from the two links while losing a lot more from their businesses and investment! For ease of reading the news, here is the link: https://sg.news.yahoo.com/johor-vep-roll-mid-2015-000916866.html
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/s-7-55-vep-fee-may-prompt/1542762.html.

With some quarters supporting the move and saying that the VEP is easy on Singaporeans, I believe the implementation will be complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.